Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680594 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) (14921) (14922) (14923) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Nwakali is a very good player. He has been unlucky so far!
Anytime I watch him play I marvel. Just watch his game against Athletico Madrid!

Chaves provides him the opportunity to showcase his extra ordinary talent and he will and get that move to higher things.
Better late then never. Look at Akpom now!

Chuba Akpom is one in a thousand.

Listen to your delusions you are talking about an inconsequential friendly match of 5 years ago , please don't be so desperate.

Nwakali has been in Europe for 8 years and nothing achieved of substance in football.

Stats are indicative not conclusive and when taking out of context outright misleading and deceptive.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
komekn:

Listen to your delusions you are talking about an inconsequential friendly match of 5 years ago , please don't be so desperate.

Nwakali has been in Europe for 8 years and nothing achieved of substance in football.

Stats are indicative not conclusive and when taking out of context outright misleading and deceptive.

Kelechi nwakali >>>>>>> Gideon zelalem

Both were hype prospects with huge potential but fall short of becoming an all round player

All top scouts knows and see this that’s why he’s not drafted by a top team right now

But I’m not scared Virgil vandyk made it at age 28

So who’s to say nwakali wont be a late bloomer

I get the fanboyism we love our boy i do too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Using level of wages strictly as a metric of a player's ability is a measurement that will let you down from time to time.

There are tons of players who earn ridiculously high wages we know they nowhere deserve but hey it is what it is.

Speaking strictly about Nwakali the move to Portugal is obviously in the right step. The Portuguese league is rated sixth I think in Europe which is definitely a step up from the Spanish second divisions.

Nwakali will face stiffer competition and better opposition in Portugal hopefully for himself and his fans he will come good.

Before you decide to regurgitate the money argument I hope you know that nearly 75% of clubs in Germany, Spain, Italy and France can't match the spending power of even the bottom 10 EPL clubs yet the football they play is way superior.

komekn:

If you look beyond the superficial, then you my ay see it's not necessarily a step up.

The Portuguese league has a huge gulf between the top 6/7 clubs and the bottom 4/5 clubs. The bottom clubs without prejudice will struggle in English League two. Again without Prejudice Enyimba will flog and leave in the dust Chavez FC.

Is it better to be in Southampton in the Championship average income £34k a week or the Portuguese Premier league with Chavez FC average weekly income £1.5k .

Where do your think if you perform you are most likely to get better recognition and valued appreciation ❓

We can't deny that batter players cost money and if your average weekly salary is £1.5k you are surrounded by carpenters and poor quality players. You are not going to get noticed.

Have a think about it , consider the income average of Ponferradina and that of Chavez FC. Shockingly Ponferradina is actually higher. It looks like a move from one level of mediocrity to another. Nothing to be commended here IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
If dis guy below can still switch , dt means d likes of tomori and Tammy can still switch niyen or am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odogwujayy: 1:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
[quote author=elyte89 post=125305137]If dis guy below can still switch , dt means d likes of tomori and Tammy can still switch niyen or am I wrong?[/quote

Is this even possible?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:
This Dessers second assist was why I once rated him Kane-esque quality.

Not many strikers in world football today can bend a pass like this.

https://twitter.com/danilo99szn/status/1694087745784672459

Plagiarized.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
elyte89:
If dis guy below can still switch , dt means d likes of tomori and Tammy can still switch niyen or am I wrong?
Why is moving on too hard for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Spurs fans dey crack me up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Sir K own is definitely hate grin. CK own too is borderline hate for the hype let me qualify that but that Sir K own na outright hate.
Sir hate hate on players…do we need to dig it out here?NO.

We are here to talk football and I don’t think there is need tagging anyone hater.If you hate or love na u sabi

My man this is just a football house where our opinions should be respected without resorting to insults or unwarranted accusations of racism,tribalism or hates.

Let me give you an insight I love Mikel so much and I want say he is my number one Nigeria player but those days when guys criticized him especially my good friend Michael2 I do take time to defend him with football reasoning but not hype.When you hype player who has not merited it and you want people to keep quiet then one is missing it.

It was on this thread some pages back helper001 said who is Taiwo Awoniyi in uncomplimentary remarks and I replied the boy that scored Liverpool,brace against Chelsea and Arsenal last season but did I tagged him hater?fast forward after the comment he scored Arsenal and Sheffield.This are performances that make critics to look inward and said am wrong.

Abi no be here some Dey call player carpenters,bricklayers and what happened,nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
Joebie:
Spurs fans dey crack me up

Belgium mulling giving Orban citizenship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

Plagiarized.
TheLoneCitizen the Dessers man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
We need to cap that dude in few weeks time. The guy dey scare me.
Give him one more season and the attention he would get will be crazy.

Nomyth:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nomyth:

I saw it but thought one of those bloggers….well it can happen cuz a friend Emma Olisadebe was given Polish citizenship and single-handedly took Poland to 2002 World Cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Joebie:
We need to cap that dude in few weeks time. The guy dey scare me.
Give him one more season and the attention he would get will be crazy.

The big question are we going to miss him?,not yet cap,so one cannot say cuz we have CFs doing it week in week out but Orban will give us real dynamism in eagles if going by what he is doing in Belgium.

We need to cap him fast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kog45:

We are here to talk football and I don’t think there is need tagging anyone hater.If you hate or love na u sabi

My man this is just a football house where our opinions should be respected without resorting to insults or unwarranted accusations of racism,tribalism or hates.

Let me give you an insight I love Mikel so much and I want say he is my number one Nigeria player but those days when guys criticized him especially my good friend Michael2 I do take time to defend him with football reasoning but not hype.When you hype player who has not merited it and you want people to keep quiet then one is missing it.

It was on this thread some pages back helper001 said who is Taiwo Awoniyi in uncomplimentary remarks and I replied the boy that scored Liverpool,brace against Chelsea and Arsenal last season but did I tagged him hater?fast forward after the comment he scored Arsenal and Sheffield.This are performances that make critics to look inward and said am wrong.

Abi no be here some Dey call player carpenters,bricklayers and what happened,nothing.

Egbon, I will call a spade a spade, if anyone consistently talks down on someone, more or less insinuating that player won't amount to much in life, that's totally unnecessary and going beyond football analysis, in my opinion that's pure hate and it's devilish!!! Yes I agree with you we shouldn't over hype any player and conversations should be based on facts and logic but when anyone wishes another human bad and acts like God, that's nothing but witchcraft!!!! In the here and now, yes let's say player A or B isn't good enough but not wish them bad, these guys are humans too.
I rest my case egbon mi, help me greet Kenny o and
ẹ ku ewu ọmọ.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kog45:

Kelechi Nwakali is not hyped the way you guys try to paint it. It is just an excuse to try to run the guy street. Kelechi Nwakali was strictly called for his ball playing and passing attributes. Those attacking Mikel were mostly doing it out of hate, and not football reasoning. Same with Kelechi Nwakali. What the hell does how much he earns have to equate to his attributes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
chrisooblog:
Nwakali is a talent that is universally agreed on this thread but he needs to fulfill that potential before hyping him to high heavens.

Akor Adams has scored in two games now for his club in France does that now mean he's world class? Of course not! At best he's a prospect who will get better at worst he's going through a purple patch.

I'm happy for Kelechi that he's getting game time in a decent European league but he will have to do a lot more to convince me he's the missing piece in the midfield of the SE.

Truth be told if we had two or three half decent CMs playing in various top five European clubs Nwakali's name wouldn't frequently come up in conversations here.

How many midfielders can deliver two accurate crosses per game

Having a midfielder that has that level of precision in crosses of the ball is very massive and commendable. This should open up a probe into the talents of the man, Kelechi Nwakali.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
When he makes that move I will be here God willing to remind you! Ojuelegba Londoner!lol
komekn:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
komekn:

If you look beyond the superficial, then you my ay see it's not necessarily a step up.

The Portuguese league has a huge gulf between the top 6/7 clubs and the bottom 4/5 clubs. The bottom clubs without prejudice will struggle in English League two. Again without Prejudice Enyimba will flog and leave in the dust Chavez FC.

Is it better to be in Southampton in the Championship average income £34k a week or the Portuguese Premier league with Chavez FC average weekly income £1.5k .

Where do your think if you perform you are most likely to get better recognition and valued appreciation ❓

We can't deny that batter players cost money and if your average weekly salary is £1.5k you are surrounded by carpenters and poor quality players. You are not going to get noticed.

Have a think about it , consider the income average of Ponferradina and that of Chavez FC. Shockingly Ponferradina is actually higher. It looks like a move from one level of mediocrity to another. Nothing to be commended here IMO.
How much is your weekly wages in your profession?
Bring up the proof of how much u presently earn.

Show us how much u have earned since u turned pro,or since u started working,
let us compare it with ur other fellow professionals,
and let us see how u have progressed ahead of them,
and how u are among the best,
or among the highest earners because of your so good quality.

And after that,
bring up ur net earnings let us compare it with Nwakali's net income and see who has been richer based on the quality of services both of u have rendered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Do you have extensive evidence like a sequence of games over a season to back up this interesting claim?

Also take note of the level of opposition he's facing.

Meliforme:

How many midfielders can deliver two accurate crosses per game

Having a midfielder that has that level of precision in crosses of the ball is very massive and commendable. This should open up a probe into the talents of the man, Kelechi Nwakali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
komekn:

Sir Kog45,I would like to know what's ur take on this kome's weekly wages blah and quality of a player.

This comment that I quoted was actually directed to you by komekn himself n he asked u to think about it,I would like to know ur thought on it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2023
Dem still dey mention Nwakali for here in 2023?

Every year, same story, same old average wasted player.

An unserious player who have spent years thinking himself to be worldclass, because folks like you have brainwashed him.

I rather invite Portable than see Nwakali in the national team. Thunder fire una yansh.

Ndi ala Ndi ala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Kelechi Nwakali is not hyped the way you guys try to paint it. It is just an excuse to try to run the guy street. Kelechi Nwakali was strictly called for his ball playing and passing attributes. Those attacking Mikel were mostly doing it out of hate, and not football reasoning. Same with Kelechi Nwakali. What the hell does how much he earns have to equate to his attributes?
Wages or no wages he has moved to division one a very good step after facing a lot as a young man right from Arsenal to segunda and now back in top flight football….My prayer is for him to move up more not even for super eagles career which is sure bet for him based on what we have and also pray for his financial stability when football stopped.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2023
Napoleon55:

Sir Kog45,I would like to know what's ur take on this kome's weekly wages blah and quality of a player.

This comment that I quoted was actually directed to you by komekn himself n he asked u to think about it,I would like to know ur thought on it.
Good to have good pay as a player but quality later gives perfect wages and I think Nwakili is going there with his moved to Chavez,a consistency performance will guarantee that soon.

Just check my replies

Kokmne…Perceived Anti
Meliforme…Perceived Pro
Charlesemeka…Perceived Hyper Anti.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
Austrian giants Salzburg loans out ex U17 midfielder Samson Tijani to fellow top tier team wolfsberger

I thought someone was listing this guy as a possible replacement for ndidi from our next match stating that he is in superb form and a regular starter now for Salzburg this season

Choi, person wey una describe Toto for fit Bleep em mama 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
I'm not even angry at Nwakali, even though I believe he's lived an average life as a footballer despite his promising flashes in his early days. I'm angry at those who keep bringing stats and mentioning his name here every damn day. Like, without him we are doom or what?

Do you know how many midfielders we have that are wasting away without call-ups?

The fact you keep mentioning Nwakali shows how low your options are in life and how average you are as a human being.

There are better fishes out there; mention them and unearth them. Let wasted talents lay low in their lane until they wake-up fully... if ever!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
PurpleHouse:
Dem still dey mention Nwakali for her in 2023?

An unserious player who have spent years thinking himself to be worldclass, because folks like you have brainwashed him.

I rather invite Portable than see Nwakali in the national team. Thunder fire una yansh.

Ndi ala Ndi ala.
average ke🥺

Check he’s stats 🤪

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Napoleon55:

all he said is true

Chaves spends around 2m euros every season on wages for players and staffs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
average ke🥺

Check he’s stats 🤪

Make I show you Mr. Maguire stat?

Stat my ass.

I'm so ashamed of these folks here.

People like them dey beg girl for marriage and the girl go dey cheat on them dey knack the POS guy opposite their house... because they think they can't get another quality girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
PurpleHouse:
Dem still dey mention Nwakali for here in 2023?

Ndi ala Ndi ala.
portable ke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You mean oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
Showing stats up and down... why no team in La Liga see the stats na? Or even English Premier league 2nd division teams? Abi una get better scouts here pass football clubs?

Stats ko
Shalipoppi ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
PurpleHouse:
Showing stats up and down... why no team in La Liga see the stats na? Or even English Premier league 2nd division teams? Abi una get better scouts here pass football clubs?

Stats ko
Shalipoppi ni
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Laliga scouts are having issues with Nwakali so they blacklisted him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14917) (14918) (14919) (14920) (14921) (14922) (14923) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, mummyson26(m), villagereporter(m), Lawag3 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.