Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668832 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14936) (14937) (14938) (14939) (14940) (14941) (14942) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 thegoodjoe is good when it comes to that but the problem na the content of his post

Always one sided coupled with bias and favoritism. Though we all see things frm different perspective and angle but he’s is worrisome sometimes

Also him fit engage u for argument reach next week and by so doing u get bored and worn out, the major reason why I no Dey like argue with baba 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aswear e dey dey too boring 😂🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

A good player can be trapped in a poor team but grows with that position. Manchester City saw a gem in Ake who played for a Bournemouth that got relegated.

He grew into an Asset for Manchester City and my heart now pounds when he does not play.

So relegation or poor team does not equate to poor player..

From what I am hearing, Ward-Prowse has been impressive for West Ham so far but played for a relegated Southampton.
the Ake and Prowse you mentioned are seasoned performers in the EPL so it’s normal they easily attracted moves to city and westham

Nwakali in Portugal now is in his first season in a top flight league(won’t count the one he had with Huesca cus he barely played) but that doesn’t imply he will be fortunate like the duo u mentioned. To earn that he needs something extra to attract the big for teams in Portugal or atleast a decent club in other top leagues in europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the Ake and Prowse you mentioned are seasoned performers in the EPL so it’s normal they easily attracted moves to city and westham

Nwakali in Portugal now is in his first season in a top flight league(won’t count the one he had with Huesca cus he barely played) but that doesn’t imply he will be fortunate the duo u mentioned. To earn that he needs something extra to attract the big for teams in Portugal or atleast a decent club in other top leagues in europe

The point is simple, a quality player can be in a side performing poorly. So it is illogical to say a player is poor because his side performed poorly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The point is simple, a quality player can be in a side performing poorly. So it is illogical to say a player is poor because his side performed poorly.
ok sir u win 🙏🙏🙏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sometimes I struggle to make sense of some sentiments here.. it's like the ideology of the "Obidient" movement all logic is useless.
This Nwakali guy played in one of the poorest/the poorest team in la Liga 2 last season.
That team got relegated... from that very poor team, Nwakali got a move to a team in the Portuguese top tier (for context the 6th best league in Europe)!
Yet people assert he hasn't made any progress... Were they expecting him to move to Real Madrid or Bayern?
Make it make sense undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
Osimehn wouldn't start for a championship club. Ó

Fulham is better than Porto.

Make I continue sir?
1) that wasn't a lie. It was a based on the "Here and Now" as at that time.
2) that was more of his judgement and assessment, same goes for Porto v Fulham debate.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

2) that was more of his judgement and assessment, same goes for Porto v Fulham debate.

It was a big lie. Osimhen was already promising. Even when he got called to the Olympics side, he showed quality. He had just recovered from injury and was sidelined.

A player with Osimhen's potential was bound to be a top star but komekn used shis injury situation to mock him as a player not fit for Junior English sides.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kog45:
Chavez team na trash this season and no stat can justified any player performance in that team.

The team is poor,despite poor performance we still see Chavez players rated 6+,so if one doesn’t watched the match then you think they did something meaningful,

Stats alone cannot be used alone to judge a player,reason scouters go to stadia to watch or watch clips.

I will not turn Chavez to a good team just cuz of Kelechi Nwakili even at that Nwakili performance is average based on team overall performance but still one of the best in the team and I will only rate Hector Hernandez over him.
Egbon did you watch the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
On a low with no hype and noise
Great move by Tella, hope we cap him soon since it seems he wants to play for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tom Dele Bashiru starts for watford against Blackburn

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It was a big lie. Osimhen was already promising. Even when he got called to the Olympics side, he showed quality. He had just recovered from injury and was sidelined.

A player with Osimhen's potential was bound to be a top star but komekn used shis injury situation to mock him as a player not fit for Junior English sides.

Finito.
Yes sir. My opinion is that it was his opinion. Abi you want to teach me my own opinion?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
Amedino99:
midtable EPL teams look good enough until they are beaten in Europe continuously by teams from Azerbaijan and latvia. The gulf in quality between the likes of man city, man u, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and arsenal and the rest of the league is wide apart and even these teams are not constant conquerors in Europe. But if you say so Sha.
No, you're very wrong bro. The only team with a wide gulf of quality from Mid table teams in EPL is City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
On a low with no hype and noise
Omo..I was afraid when reports said Southampton no wan sell. I really don't want him to play in the championship after that performance. I'm happy for this move. I hope he light up Burnthisleaguedown...sorry Bundesliga. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nigeriagood:
what gives you the idea Porto will beat Fulham?
I don tell you make you tell them at home to collect that phone from your hand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

If that statement had come from you, I don't think anybody would have raised an eyebrow. But for Komekn, his intent are always bare.

As for Porto vs Fulham. His opinion was not based on normal football argument. He needed to downgrade a player so he employed the narrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Egbon did you watch the match?
The highlights
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
Correction Osimhen would barely start to for the youth team [b][/b] of a championship side.

mostob:
Osimehn wouldn't start for a championship club.

Fulham is better than Porto.

Make I continue sir?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2023
Fifa World Cup legend Lothar Matthaus has predicted that Victor Boniface and Harry Kane will fight for the German Bundesliga top scorer award for the 2023-2024 season.

Both strikers are newcomers to the Bundesliga, with Boniface joining Bayer Leverkusen from Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in exchange for approximately 20 million euros while Tottenham Hotspur legend Kane departed the Premier League club for Bayern Munich for a fee of guaranteed fee of €100 million.

Boniface is not an unknown quantity on the European circuit having impressed in last season's Europa League with six goals to finish as the competition's joint-top scorer along with Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.

In 117 career appearances combined for Bodo/Glimt and Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, Boniface was involved in 60 goals (40 goals, 20 assists) - a testament to his goal scoring abilities.

The 22-year-old has struck three times in three all-competition appearances for Bayer Leverkusen, hitting a brace in a 3-0 rout of Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday.

Kane mustered 280 goals in 435 matches for Tottenham Hotspur, and shone on his Bundesliga debut with a goal and assist in Bayern's 4-0 demolition of Werder Bremen.

Praising Boniface's qualities, Lothar Matthaus said on Sky Deutschland: "You can see that he's always looking for a goal, but also keeps seeing his team-mates and assisting them, like in the preparation for the first goal against Leipzig.

"We will see a few more goals from him. I see him fighting for the top scorer gong with Harry Kane."

Matthaus concluded by saying that Boniface would have been a good signing for Bayern Munich this summer but he was overlooked by the German record champions because he wasn't yet a marquee player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
mostob:
He should have done better with the long balls. Maybe he was playing to the coach's instructions.

Yeah. There were times he had free bodies in front but he opted for long balls. Fully coach's instructions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kompany is out of his league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Akor Adams starts for Montpelier against Reims

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
komekn:

Napoleon55

I challenge you to name one LIE and or UNTRUTH that you attribute to me, just one not two .

I challenge you
It would be easier for heppopotamus or a behomoth,even camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get u to accept that u are wrong,
how much more that u have tell a lie.

However,if u show me how u are better than Nwakali with d proof of how excellent u are in your own career,and how huge u earn because of ur very high quality,
which gave u d right to consistently come against him with hash criticism,contempt and disrespect.
Then I can make a list of ur lies and other despicable things u have said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Wetin u talk about Obidient movement?
Hanibal:
Sometimes I struggle to make sense of some sentiments here.. it's like the ideology of the "Obidient" movement all logic is useless.
This Nwakali guy played in one of the poorest/the poorest team in la Liga 2 last season.
That team got relegated... from that very poor team, Nwakali got a move to a team in the Portuguese top tier (for context the 6th best league in Europe)!
Yet people assert he hasn't made any progress... Were they expecting him to move to Real Madrid or Bayern?
Make it make sense undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
one extra thing that gladdens my heart about Awoniyi's scoring is how he's constantly improving his game.

The three goals has scored so far are not goals you would typically associate with him. Fast pace movement and great leap for his goals.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Does not change the point. Some thought he was good, when consider what there were up against. Even his coach left him on for 90mins. That shows he was not terrible.

Finito.

I did not say he was terrible.

I simply said essentially nothing to report. It's a poor quality game with very poor low level players and his team got pulverised 5-0. Have conceded 11 goals in three games, lost all games played and are at the bottom of the league.

And you think he was ASTONISHING.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Napoleon55:

It would be easier for heppopotamus or a behomoth,even camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get u to accept that u are wrong,
how much more that u have tell a lie.

However,if u show me how u are better than Nwakali with d proof of how excellent u are in your own career,and how huge u earn because of ur very high quality,
which gave u d right to consistently come against him with hash criticism,contempt and disrespect.
Then I can make a list of ur lies and other despicable things u have said

You have no shame petty compulsive LIAR.

YOU ARE NOW EVADING and running away.

Once again I challenge you to state just one not two LIES I have said according to you .

BUT YOU JUST CANNOT

Why would I want to talk about my finances on a public forum anonymous or not to what purpose to impress you 🧐

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Yes sir. My opinion is that it was his opinion. Abi you want to teach me my own opinion?

It was a lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
komekn:

I did not say he was terrible.

I simply said essentially nothing to report. It's a poor quality game with very poor low level players and his team got pulverised 5-0. Have conceded 11 goals in three games, lost all games played and are at the bottom of the league.

And you think he was ASTONISHING.

With regards to that particular stat, that was astonishing. Facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
haba, Fulham good oooo, the only team porto can’t beat in the epl is city, aside them if porto meet other big teams in epl 7 times atleast them go win reach 2-3 times

U forgot that sporting Lisbon knocked high flying arsenal out of the uel last season

Championship Nottingham Forest ( at the time) beat high flying Arsenal in the FA cup that didn't make Nottingham forest better than Arsenal .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Fifa World Cup legend Lothar Matthaus has predicted that Victor Boniface and Harry Kane will fight for the German Bundesliga top scorer award for the 2023-2024 season.

Both strikers are newcomers to the Bundesliga, with Boniface joining Bayer Leverkusen from Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in exchange for approximately 20 million euros while Tottenham Hotspur legend Kane departed the Premier League club for Bayern Munich for a fee of guaranteed fee of €100 million.

Boniface is not an unknown quantity on the European circuit having impressed in last season's Europa League with six goals to finish as the competition's joint-top scorer along with Manchester United star Marcus Rashford.

In 117 career appearances combined for Bodo/Glimt and Royale Union Saint-Gilloise, Boniface was involved in 60 goals (40 goals, 20 assists) - a testament to his goal scoring abilities.

The 22-year-old has struck three times in three all-competition appearances for Bayer Leverkusen, hitting a brace in a 3-0 rout of Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday.

Kane mustered 280 goals in 435 matches for Tottenham Hotspur, and shone on his Bundesliga debut with a goal and assist in Bayern's 4-0 demolition of Werder Bremen.

Praising Boniface's qualities, Lothar Matthaus said on Sky Deutschland: "You can see that he's always looking for a goal, but also keeps seeing his team-mates and assisting them, like in the preparation for the first goal against Leipzig.

"We will see a few more goals from him. I see him fighting for the top scorer gong with Harry Kane."

Matthaus concluded by saying that Boniface would have been a good signing for Bayern Munich this summer but he was overlooked by the German record champions because he wasn't yet a marquee player.

Strikers just yapa for Nigeria now and midfielders are scarce. God When o!!

There was a time we didn't have better wingers till Odemwingie and Moses came around. Then Defenders, then dem Oboabana came. Years we relied on Danny Shittu.

Funny enough, the most important one is this coach. We go get talent wey fit tear many European teams apart but na one egbon adugbo we go kon carry as coach.

See the latest comments allegedly attributed to Peter Rufai. I just laugh. These guys still think we are in the 80s ni? Cos that statement proves just that. Nobody in the modern game will talk like that. Nobody. Irris well.

Boniface for golden boot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Super emerging talents everywhere our own na to dey hype hype 🤣🤣🤣

🚨 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎! Brighton agree deal to sign Caicedo replacement Carlos Baleba 🔵🇨🇲

◉ €27m fixed fee plus €3m add-ons to Lille.
◉ Lille will also have sell-on clause for Baleba.
◉ 2004 midfielder highly rated, wanted by De Zerbi.

…Brighton recruitment team did it again? 😉✨

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
daveP:

Strikers just yapa for Nigeria now and midfielders are scarce. God When o!!

There was a time we didn't have better wingers till Odemwingie and Moses came around. Then Defenders, then dem Oboabana came. Years we relied on Danny Shittu.

Funny enough, the most important one is this coach. We go get talent wey fit tear many European teams apart but na one egbon adugbo we go kon carry as coach.

See the latest comments allegedly attributed to Peter Rufai. I just laugh. These guys still think we are in the 80s ni? Cos that statement proves just that. Nobody in the modern game will talk like that. Nobody. Irris well.

Boniface for golden boot.
too early bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (14936) (14937) (14938) (14939) (14940) (14941) (14942) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), Kog45(m), Lawag3, maidaboi(m), DrYa, superbloke(m), BankyGee(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.