Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684755 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15059) (15060) (15061) (15062) (15063) (15064) (15065) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Yet was crowned "The KING of SERIA A" based on what metrics? To spite Osimhen? But Why? Italians will always be Italians! So unfortunate!

Seeing as Osimhen is less likely to sign a contract extension, do u see him leaving in January? Cus I doubt Napoli will let him leave for free in the summer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Danielnino00:

Seeing as Osimhen is less likely to sign a contract extension, do u see him leaving in January? Cus I doubt Napoli will let him leave for free in the summer

He'd sign an extension
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
elunico:

He'd sign an extension
Not yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
Odunayaw:
HOW TO SAY SO MUCH NONSENSE

Others: How say you this things and that fellow cannot start matches in his club?

ignoring the subtle move to "identity"

Others: Haba what do you rate players with if not club performance?

So basically Meliforme is the ONLY one who can give us the truth about Ejuke. Why not? He follows him...
hahaha what a joker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Kvara is back! 2 posts, 1 goal and 1 assist! "The Real King of Naples"? Hmmm!
😏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
elunico:

He'd sign an extension
he shouldn’t unless Napoli accepts to put a buy out clause of 120m euros which the player and his agent hv been demanding

De Laurentiis is a greedy man just like spurs Levy.

If osimhen signs without the buy out clause he should be ready to play out majority of his career at Naples because no club will sign him above 100-130m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Kog45:
Today wingers are use as second striker,right winger and left winger depending on formations,so stop asking what is not relevant to discourse,imagine asking do I know what is winger.

If you rate a player,no issue but telling us he is better than those doing it week in week out in the same position Is not acceptable.

Funny,Ejuke doesn’t need to do anything with Antwerp to be seen as the player that he truly is,even Ejuke himself will not agree with you.

Fact and truth..,Simon,Chuckwueze,Lookman and Ejuke are wingers who must adapt to second striker,left and right wing roles if needs arises.

Wing play is very different from the auxiliary striker role.

The purpose of every wing play is to provide width, this is different from playing very close to the striker.
Providing the required width, and making the ball available to the striker or strikers require skill sets that the secondary striker doesn't even need to be effective.

Again the brain's awareness and interpretation of space and position for the winger role and for the secondary striker role are not the same, this means that transiting as a winger to a secondary striker and vice versa may not be as easy as it sounds, and may not be necessary. Players who made the transition from a winger to a secondary striker, may not have been proper wingers in the first place. Asking a player like Samuel Chukwueze to transit to a secondary striker looks funny.

Again wingers are saddled with additional defensive duties than secondary strikers, they are required to possess better ball playing abilities such as the abilities to build up and progress plays.

So i don't think it is necessary asking wingers like Chidera Ejuke or Moses Simon to adjust to playing very close to the striker, discover a winger and develop him along that line, the same goes for the secondary striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Danielnino00:

not possible Jan but next summer because his existing contract will end in the summer of 2025
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2023
Meliforme:

The purpose of every wing play is to provide width, this is different from playing very close to the striker.
Providing the required width, and making the ball available to the striker or strikers require skill sets that the secondary striker doesn't even need to be effective.

Again the brain's awareness and interpretation of space and position for the winger role and the secondary striker are not the same, this means that transiting as a winger to a secondary striker and vice versa may not be as easy as it sounds, and may not be necessary. Players who made the transition from a winger to a secondary striker, may not have been proper wingers in the first place. Asking a player like Samuel Chukwueze to transit to a secondary striker looks funny.

Again wingers are saddled with additional defensive duties than secondary strikers, they are required to possess better ball playing abilities such as the abilities to build up and progress plays.

So i don't think it is necessary asking wingers like Chidera Ejuke or Moses Simon to adjust to playing very close the striker, discover a winger and develop him along that line, the same goes for the secondary striker.
oga no Dey cap abeg

Which one is wing play is different from auxiliary striking role?

In modern football coaches prefer wingers that can cut in to score as well as provide creativy from the flanks not old schools ones that hugs the touch line just to run and put in crosses

Wingers of that pattern are converted to wingbacks/right back in modern day football.

Your ejike is a low budget ikedia with very poor decision making and final balls

Have you asked yourself why no club in Germany retained him in the league when he would hv joined without a dime spent?

Aren’t you worried that he rarely makes Antwerp’s match day squad and hv u bothered to know the reason behind the snub?

A player of his experience and exposure in europe who hv played in the Norwagien, German,Dutch and Russian top flight is suppose to be a mainstay/leader in a team like Antwerp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Iwobi and Bassey bromance 🔥🔥🔥🔥❤️❤️❤️❤️

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
Is this still football or what is going on here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 2:48am On Sep 28, 2023
The commentator is definitely the Man of the Match for me in the Napoli vs Udinese game 🎮

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:53am On Sep 28, 2023
His contract will expire 2025 not next summer!
Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:
Today wingers are use as second striker,right winger and left winger depending on formations,so stop asking what is not relevant to discourse,imagine asking do I know what is winger.

If you rate a player,no issue but telling us he is better than those doing it week in week out in the same position Is not acceptable.

Funny,Ejuke doesn’t need to do anything with Antwerp to be seen as the player that he truly is,even Ejuke himself will not agree with you.

Fact and truth..,Simon,Chuckwueze,Lookman and Ejuke are wingers who must adapt to second striker,left and right wing roles if needs arises.

Error double post

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:57am On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:

The term winger in the traditional sense has become obsolete just like the term Right or Left Back has evolved to become L or R Wing Back.

Football ⚽ is evolving and it requires players to have multiple skill sets. Yesterday Curtis Jones played as a Right Wing back against Leicester, for Liverpool FC.

Ademola is not just a winger but an inverted one ,or if you like a striker coming from the wings.

Salah and Manah exemplify the role perfectly at Liverpool. Where the bulk of goals comes from the both of them in the Liverpool FC team at that time.

Nathan Tella also plays the role perfectly as well as Saka Bukayo. At the heart of it is a huge work rate both defensive and offensive, and oustanding end product.

One area that baffles me, however, with most of our wing backs and wingers is poor crossing of the ball, Moses Simon, Zaidu and Chukwueze come to mind and end product.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:
dribble with zero end product 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:07am On Sep 28, 2023
komekn:

Error double post

Thank you,pls will you rate Ejuke over Lookman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2023
Meliforme:

Woow, Ovie Ejaria is very good with his dribbles, and can also score goals.
Ovie Ejaria has done more than these clips can reveal. i can rightly conclude so, because I have followed him in the past.

It will be very wonderful having a player who is miles ahead of Kelechi Nwakali in midfield, but Ovie Ejaria is not yet that player. In my reckoning he is more of a forward than a midfielder.

His passing skills are not up to the level of what is required for an effective midfield display.

Ovie Ejaria provides good advantage as a forward because of what he can also do from a defensive point of view.

Until he sorts out his problems with his club he is not going anywhere. He is in dispute and not playing.

The club will not let him go because they have him locked until 2024.

Then his value would have plummeted and he will need a club to rebuild his career.

Ovie is quiet and introvert, yet he has become petulant and recalcitrant causing contention with multiple managers. He needs to understand a manager can mess up 😕 your career. It's better to be friends with management than enemies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:

Unfortunately 😕 I am not carried away with razamatazz, dribbling showboating without END PRODUCT and FOOTBALL ⚽ INTELLIGENCE.

In this regard I don't him rate over Ademola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:59am On Sep 28, 2023
Meliforme:

Again the brain's awareness and interpretation of space and position for the winger role and for the secondary striker role are not the same, this means that transiting as a winger to a secondary striker and vice versa may not be as easy as it sounds, and may not be necessary. Players who made the transition from a winger to a secondary striker, may not have been proper wingers in the first place. Asking a player like Samuel Chukwueze to transit to a secondary striker looks funny.

So i don't think it is necessary asking wingers like Chidera Ejuke or Moses Simon to adjust to playing very close to the striker, discover a winger and develop him along that line, the same goes for the secondary striker.
Sir,my point is simple,today’s wingers primary assignments are right,left and second striking roles,any winger limited in these functions will find it difficult making the team,possibly this is what is affecting Ejuke.

Sir,go and watch Segun Odegbami clips in the late 70s and early 80s and tell me functions of a winger,even as at then big Sege does it like a modern winger.

Try and watch Ahmed Musa against Argentina and Tijani Babangida against South Africa and define what is winger for me.

I thought Ejuke can do it as Number 10 Abi no be dis thread again….
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:

Ejuke brings more passing skills to his game.
You can rely on him to help you build up plays. I have seen him switch plays with diagonal long balls to help his teammates out of tight situations.

Ejuke contributes more to defense.

Ejuke sits on the bench because the Belgian international who starts in his stead is a better player, and better than all the wingers that we have. Decision making, passing, contributions to defense, Michel Balikwisha towers over all that we have on the wings.

Ejuke meagre minutes in Antwerp's colours have seen him defending more and this is good for his development. I pray he learns and improves the more.

Ademola Lookman is not a better winger than Chidera Ejuke. Lookman is just a better goal scorer and that is even arguable. Play Ademola Lookman on the wings in a team that likes to keep possession of the ball, and he won't do much. He is more of a finisher.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R6BE_NbtA

Throwback to the day Stephen Keshi's double error cost Nigeria a lead only for him to redeem himself by scoring the winner.

Senegal 1992 AFCON Opening game
Senegal 1: 2 Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:

What does Ejuke bring to the game? Aimless dribbles.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2023
Icon4s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R6BE_NbtA

Throwback back to the day Stephen Keshi's double error cost Nigeria a lead only for him to redeem himself by scoring the winner.

Senegal 1992 AFCON Opening game
Senegal 1: 2 Nigeria.
Thanks baba…Stephen Keshi always rose to the occasion when it matter most.I sighted the man Le Roy Claude.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2023
Meliforme:

You can rely on him to help you build up plays. I have seen him switch plays with diagonal long balls to help his teammates out of tight situations.

Ejuke sits on the bench because the Belgian international who starts in his stead is a better player, and better than all the wingers that we have. Decision making, passing, contributions to defense, Michel Balikwisha towers over all that we have on the wings.

Ejuke meagre minutes in Antwerp's colours have seen him defending more and this is good for his development. I pray he learns and improves the more.

Ademola Lookman is not a better winger than Chidera Ejuke. Lookman is just a better goal scorer and that is even arguable. Play Ademola Lookman on the wings in a team that likes to keep possession of the ball, and he won't do much. He is more of a finisher.
Sir Meli,a Belgian Under 21 player of Congolese descent Michel Balikwisha benching Ejuke meaning he is better than Lookman,Chuckwueze and Simon.

Pls stop disrespecting super eagles players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:56am On Sep 28, 2023
Meliforme:

Please and please... don't ever disrespect our wingers just because you want to push your Ejuke agenda (which is invalid in the first place). If Ejuke can't even make the matchday squad in Belgium league, he has no business in eagles set up.

Who TF is Balikis? How is he better than Samu and Lookman?

And tell me, which do you prefer between output and keeping possession? At the end of everything, goals and goals are what matter.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
mostob:
Please and please... don't ever disregard our wingers just because you want to push your Ejuke agenda (which is invalid in the first place). If Ejuke can't even make the matchday squad in Belgium league, he has no business in eagles set up.

Who TF is Balikis? How is he better than Samu and Lookman?

And tell me, which do you prefer between output and keeping possession? At the end of everything, goals and goals are what matter.
Michel Balikwisha is Belgian Under 21 player for God sake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kog45:
Michel Balikwisha is Belgian Under 21 player for God sake.
Very laughable sir... Imagine the extent he went just to back up his agenda.

And it is even more amusing that a youth player is the one keeping Ejuke away from starting lineup.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15059) (15060) (15061) (15062) (15063) (15064) (15065) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, freesinzu(m), BankyGee(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.