Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679730 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15068) (15069) (15070) (15071) (15072) (15073) (15074) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
humility33:

Guy hold it

What he is doing wrong?

Who does float(devalue) the national currency in an economy that imports way more than it exports?

Who does remove subsidies on fuel, education in the light of floating the national currency when same petroleum products are all imported?

This is the worst economic footprints I have seen in my entire life.

Floating a country currency only benefits when a country exports weigh more than her imports and her industrialization policies is in full swing

It is revealing that you guys are unintelligent little wonder why you sing fhe praise of this government that have plugged millions of nigerians into extreme poverty in just 6 months

You need to go learn the last time we float our currency it was in 2016 by Buhari and that was how the dollar surge beyond 360 naira only to hurriedly embarked on a currency (naira-yuan) swap deal with the aim to bypass the dollar in our trade relations with china and also to reduce the demand for dollars in foreign trade but it didn't work in the long run and ended up boasting the Chinese yuan instead because we imporf more from them than we export

At least buhari tried to bail the naira now let's come to BAT government...what has the government done so far to bail the naira?

But the same Buhari didn't make provision for the subsidy! If the subsidy is not back there is no way you will be buying petrol at 600 or there about. We can't continue to be import reliant and continue to do the same thing over and over again! No pain no gain! I believe the past govt. miscalculated the time Dangote refinery will start operation and decided not to budget for subsidy. That's not Tinubu's fault. Your analysis is a layman understanding of economics. 😂. Economic metrics and models are not that straightforward. People on governance are astute economists and accountant. Just be patient! Give it time!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
humility33:

And you were asking; what has BAT done wrong in the last 6 months? I am sure from your comment it means you too don't like him/his government?
You see tribal/partisan sentiments will always rob you of your reasoning and leave u with no respect.

I am sure you buy fuel at 185 naira/per litre too
This shows you we are not a mob like the Obisense. 😂. If the government is making bad decisions it's our duty to call them to order and I am glad they listened. They are meeting with the Labor union. For me, I don't see the reason why the Labor union is allowing it's members to go to work without wage increase. That's absurd! We are not a tribalist and we have shown that in times immemorial.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
Akor Adams starts for montepellier against lorient

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
You guys should stop disrupting our soccer page with politics because this isn’t a politics section. Soccer is one of the few things that unites Nigerians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
Unnecessary drama honestly!

Odunayaw:
Dem don go wake Humility33 o. E remain oga Forgiveness grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
Osimehn has finally made a better statement. Good job bro I’m glad that you listened to people like me instead of idiots wanting you to beef your club. Go to his instagram story and view his statement. Solid!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Starboytwo:
This is a football thread and should be kept rightly so.

Also, people should stop firing political shots which trigger others... Cuz your presidential candidate lost an election does not give you the right to abuse or preach doom on Nigeria.

Also, you dont expect people who voted for "agbado" to sit down and fold hands and watch you abuse or preach doom on the whole country and them not retaliate, such as what's happening now..

Millions voted for agbado, millions voted for obidients, agbado wins, so obidients should stop the subtle jabs on here and let's face strictly football.

To be honest, I'm tired of the incessant bickering from the losing side. Yall chill pls.

What does it mean to WIN and what does it mean to LOOSE❓

Who is on the winning side and who is on the loosing side❓❓

The one on the side of truth, honesty, righteous, integrity, is always a WINNER no matter what.

United States District Judge, Nancy Maldonado has called JAGABAN Liar and by tomorrow afternoon the irreparable damage will take place.

Let's celebrate truth and justice tomorrow because it's not available in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
Lookman starts for Atalanta against Juve

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
humility33:

So it is about proffering solutions to Nigeria problem? And you think amongst all the candidates that contested the last time...BAT was the solution to Nigeria's problem?

It baffles me how you guys reason. I have been to many places in Nigeria. The south west is the most tribalistic region I have been to even in the churches. That's why I doubt the education and enlightenment claims...because if with education one can't make a rational decision deviod of tribalism that's nof education...

In all my post I have never talk down on any region nor tribe. Never! I have seen the best and the worse of all tribes. But I won't go that route with you!
When I served at Akwa Ibom. My best friends were from Jos, Enugu and Portharcourt. My flatmates were from Imo, Eboyin and Borno. My girlfriend was from Imo (Kelechi Obi...). In all my life that 9 months has been my most memorable moments. Several years down the line I still cherished those moments. First time I ate Oha, saint leave egusi soup, Igbo Okro soup, white soup etc. When I got back to South West I find it difficult to eat our soup again. Kelechi told me that they said we Yorubas are not faithful. As time goes on she began to learn that people are different and that stereotyping a particular group of people actually shows a high level of hypocrisy. She said she has never met a man like me before in character and personality. How then can I speak against such tribes and culture? But let it be clear, I will not refrain from coming hard on any mob that comes for me or my people. Tinubu has won and there's nothing any human can do about it other than help the government to succeed and hold your governors accountable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
komekn:

First of all without righteousness ther can be no progress.

We have enthroned illegality, deceit, lawlessness, corruption, fraud, bribery, corruption, destroyed the rule of law ⚖️, election rigging, principle of separation of power's only in name not practice and one man personifies all of these debased perveted sins against man ,the nation and God , more than anybody else JAGABAN in the entire history of Nigeria.

Breaking news: Judge Nancy Maldonado Rules in Favour of Atiku, Orders Chicago State University to Release Bola Tinubu’s Academic Records, Gives Monday 2nd October 2023 As Deadline. Judge Maldonado also noted that any request for stay of this judgement from Tinubu will be denied.

Let irreparable personal damage please begin so Nigeria can be freed from Tyrannical Rule.

Happy lndependence Day . ☺️☺️☺️
We shall be here tomorrow by God's grace. The same propaganda all over again. Buhari is dead, that Buhari is from Sudan even a British parliamentarian confirms it. Buhari doesn't not have WAEC. Lol! Same prop..... Happy Independence Day!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Real Madrid are reportedly willing to fight with Saudi Pro League sides to secure Victor Osimhen's signature in light of his Napoli future becoming uncertain, as per Daily Mail Sport

#copied
I don't think there will be any fight between Real Madrid and Saudi league if they are willing.
If Real Madrid is ready,all they have to do is table 120m euros and above,VO9 is all theirs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
He didn't listen to you. Stop this childish self gratifying notion.

If you read his statement properly, he simply addressed the wrong idea that the people of naples as a city are racist. His statement was to quash that notion and rightly so too as I also have a Neapolitan friend and they love Osimhen in that city.

The people of Naples are different from the Club Osimhen made his complaint against. Get your story straight Mister man.

Bannedlargedx2:
Osimehn has finally made a better statement. Good job bro I’m glad that you listened to people like me instead of idiots wanting you to beef your club. Go to his instagram story and view his statement. Solid!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is Osimhen's statement. Clearly standing with the people of naples. The fans that love him so much.

He is yet to restore anything that has to do with his club on his Instagram page save for one he left.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ifeanyi Mathew balling hard for table toppers FC Zurich away to Luzern

Zurich leading 0-1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Igoh Ogbu played 90mins for Slavia Prague against Teplice

Game ended 0-0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

If you read his statement properly, he simply addressed the wrong idea that the people of naples as a city are racist. His statement was to quash that notion and rightly so too as I also have a Neapolitan friend and they love Osimhen in that city.

The people of Naples are different from the Club Osimhen made his complaint against. Get your story straight Mister man.

Bro, I was preaching reconciliation even if he plans to leave and based on his statement, we’re on the same page. Most Nigerians wanted him to fight with management, fans, club and city. They have been insulting Napoli instagram for the past few days thinking it’s affecting Napoli. I am glad that he listened to my advise

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
komekn:

João Félix Sequeira who couldn't get out the starting block at Chelsea is doing a lot better in Barcelona.

A warning to those who think 🤔 that all players can adapt to any league or playing system of a CLUB.

Particularly where V.O. is concerned, he will leave but he has to perform, adapt,create new skill sets,be mentally resilient exponentially this season otherwise his value will go down as rapidly as it went up.

If he eventually moves,
Do u think he will perform,
Or do u think he will not perform?

A simple answer of a sentence pls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
Only a silly Osimhen will go to war with Napoli or worse, the fans who have treated him with love and adoration. Thanks Goodness he isn't as silly as several Nigerian fans want him to be.

Osimhen's issue is with his club because of that tiktok video of the missed pK but he is showing professionalism so far by still giving his best for the shirt. Whether he likes it or not, he is still a player of that club and must deliver.

But he has no issues with the fans and that is why he put out that statement because Nigerian fans are beginning to make it look like Naples is a racist city when infact it is not.

Bannedlargedx2:

Bro, I was preaching reconciliation even if he plans to leave and based on his statement, we’re on the same page. Most Nigerians wanted him to fight with management, fans, club and city. They have been insulting Napoli instagram for the past few days thinking it’s affecting Napoli. I am glad that he listened to my advise

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
Akor Adams scores

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NwaIdeato: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
If you want to succeed as a professional footballer...better don't let Nigerians judge your case for you, cause our people are very sentimental and bandwagon-like. I'm glad Osimhen didn't listen to the over sabi noisemakers who were goading him into rebelling against his club. Napoli isn't a racist club, there are so many racist clubs in Seria A that have historically bad records with black players and Napoli is definitely not one of them. Osimhen should focus on scoring more goals and giving his best now that he's finding his form again.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Only him could have misunderstood a statement as clearcut and simple as that to suit the figment of his imagination.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
Raphael Onyedika starts for Club Brugge against St. Truiden

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Akor Adams scores

Yesssssss!!!!! I have been waiting for this! Since his 3 goals in 2 games showing in his first 2 games in MSHC colors, he had gone 4 games without scoring. Now in his 5th game since then, he bags his 4th Ligue 1 Goal. Happy for his return to the scoresheet.

Adams is back!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
Him matter don tire me walahi. Just going around puffing himself up as if he's the only reasonable Nigerian fan who wants the best for Osimhen. Na wa. His imagination is really working overtime. 😂

lovewins:

Only him could have misunderstood a statement as clearcut and simple as that to suit the figment of his imagination.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Marjoribanks:
This shows you we are not a mob like the Obisense. 😂. If the government is making bad decisions it's our duty to call them to order and I am glad they listened. They are meeting with the Labor union. For me, I don't see the reason why the Labor union is allowing it's members to go to work without wage increase. That's absurd! We are not a tribalist and we have shown that in times immemorial.
Where u dey carry the goal post go??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:

Most Nigerians? It's hypocritical to do exactly the same thing you accuse others of. Most Nigerians will mean at least 100 million people. The actions of a minute few shouldn't be seen as the action of many. It is why it was insane for people to term Napoli racist cause of that video. Of course Italy has a whole could be very racist as evidenced by events of the past, but Napoli is one of the most welcoming places in Italy and regarded as one of the least racist cities in Italy.

To your point, Osimhen didn't listen to you, that will be thinking too highly of yourself. He never had issues with the fans of the people of Napoli and his statement was meant to clarify that. It doesn't necessarily mean everything has been resolved as his demeanor still shows he's angry. But like I opined in an earlier comment, he's a professional and he'll keep showing up and honouring the terms of his contract. He's simply given back to the fans the love shown him while working out the issues with the club. He's a professional and has shown himself as one.

BTW, of he were to have listened to you, he'll have had to restore his Napoli related Instagram pictures and this statement won't be one of solidarity to the fans but an apology. None of this happened.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Kelechi Nwakali with a solid 80mins midfield clinic as chaves lead 1-0 away at Arouca.

New coach, Luis Margado seems to be in agreement with how important Nwakali is to his side just 2 games in.

Luis Margado yet to lose with Chaves since he took over from Jose Gomes.

PS: Chaves just made it 2-0.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Only a silly Osimhen will go to war with Napoli or worse, the fans who have treated him with love and adoration. Thanks Goodness he isn't as silly as several Nigerian fans want him to be.

Osimhen's issue is with his club because of that tiktok video of the missed pK but he is showing professionalism so far by still giving his best for the shirt. Whether he likes it or not, he is still a player of that club and must deliver.

But he has no issues with the fans and that is why he put out that statement because Nigerian fans are beginning to make it look like Naples is a racist city when infact it is not.

No Nigerians wanted him to go fight wit his club I think on Napoli social pages Nigerians are all there demanding Napoli FC respect Oshimen that is in the form of APOLOGISE and not asking him to fight with his club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
I don't think people wanted him to beef his club,
Of all the hashtag I have seen,all carries #respect Victor Osimhen,
People were just demanding for respect and apology unbehalf of Osimhen for that insolent and ungracious act by Napoli tiktok handlers.
U could see where Osimhen subtly agreed with the people when he injected in his post,"let's continue to spread respect and understanding"

It was even more disappointing when Napoli came out to make a statement,and failed to directly condemn those scornful posts.
Therefore they encourages the repeat of such uncharitable post in the future.

Those posts is not justifiable in any realm,
It makes no sense anywhere in any form,where your own club will come out publicly and mock u,and want u to understand it as a sarcasm.

Even though it was only on tiktok page,the club management should have at least questioned whoever was in charge of that handler for those churlish posts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
Akor Adams scores again

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
Akor Adams Today for Montpellier in Ligue 1.

2 goals.
2 chances created.
100% aerial duels won (5/5).
Most duels won in the game (10).
Most fouled player in the game (3x).

Now on 5 Ligue 1 Goals in 7 games. Adams is back!!!

8 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15068) (15069) (15070) (15071) (15072) (15073) (15074) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dankorode(m), Philosopher1979, sureleads and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.