Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11689684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15086) (15087) (15088) (15089) (15090) (15091) (15092) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That is how coaches grow tactically. They master their strength and fixed their flaws. What Siasia needed was time and support and he would have built a brilliant side for the Super Eagles.
after his tactical plunder against Guinea 🇬🇳 cost the team qualification to afcon 2011 Abi 2012

That match pain me enter bone marrow. I think the team needed a draw while the Guineans were gunning for 3 points to qualify

Guinea scored immediately the game started and nsofor equalized late in the first half

2nd half instead of siasia to be more conservative and defensive he took out 1 Abi 2 midfielders and brought in attackers which left the middle porous and the Guineans capitalized on it and scored a late minute goal to qualify 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Siasia na just age grade coach and I think his biggest undoing was playing too pretty to please the fans

LOL. I don't understand the laundry they're doing for him.

Stephen keshi didn't get all these pity before making the mark for us, Siasia on the other hand lost 3 gold and could not qualify the Super Eagles for Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
after his tactical plunder against Guinea 🇬🇳 cost the team qualification to afcon 2011 Abi 2012

This is where lies the problem in Nigerian football. The static mentality. Diego Simeone had a poor time at River Plate but still became a world class coach.

Siasia is a tactical brain. An asset. Support and time, and he will get better. It is a long term process. Not a moment thing.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:

That match pain me enter bone marrow. I think the team needed a draw while the Guineans were gunning for 3 points to qualify

Guinea scored immediately the game started and nsofor equalized late in the first half

2nd half instead of siasia to be more conservative and defensive he took out 1 Abi 2 midfielders and brought in attackers which left the middle porous which the Guineans capitalized on and scored a late minute goal to qualify 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Football is more than a match.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
princeabdul:
LOL. I don't understand the laundry they're doing for him.

Stephen keshi didn't get all these pity before making the mark for us, Siasia on the other hand lost 3 gold and could not qualify the Super Eagles for Afcon
I’m am not a keshi fan but he was miles better than siasia

Siasia’s teams play to the gallery too much. Na siasia team u go Dey see scoreline like 5-3,4-2,5-4 etc 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

This is where lies the problem in Nigerian football. The static mentality. Diego Simeone had a poor time at River Plate but still became a world class coach.

Siasia is a tactical brain. An asset. Support and time, and he will get better. It is a long term process. Not a moment thing.
why are you playing emotional card, Siasia is a serial loser and no amount of laundry can undo that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Football is more than a match.
no go there abeg bros

U need 1 point to qualify while your opponent needs 3 points and you hv the advantage of playing at home

First half was 1-1, common sense suppose tell you that in the 2nd half of the game that the opposition will attack your team like hell when they need 2 more points to qualify. The rightful thing to do is sit back, soak up the pressure and hit them on counter when you are blessed with pacy players like osaze, martins and odewingie

That game siasia bleeped up big time and I lost interest in him afterwards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Yes he was. To even think he was also a product of Pepsi Football academy like Mikel Obi makes this Nolstalgia even more interesting.

Which makes it annoying that the NFA never supported Kashimawo Laloko, the brain behind Pepsi Academy to coach the Super Eagles.

He was a sound tactician too and imbibed brilliant football ideas in his players.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
princeabdul:
why are you playing emotional card, Siasia is a serial loser and no amount of laundry can I do that.
na em way 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kog45:
But some want this guy out of eagles.
No mind dem.

Person wey be their playmaker for Ligue 1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no go there abeg bros

U need 1 point to qualify while your opponent needs 3 points and you hv the advantage of playing at home

First half was 1-1, common sense suppose tell you that in the 2nd half of the game that the opposition will attack your team like hell when they need 2 more points to qualify? The rightful thing to do is sit back, soak up the pressure and hit them on counter when you are blessed with pacy players like osaze, martins and odewingie

The rightful thing to you. Football is more than that. You can sit back and still lose. The. You bother why you abandoned your philosophy.

What matters most is to hold on to your philosophy and keep building it. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it does not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
princeabdul:
why are you playing emotional card, Siasia is a serial loser and no amount of laundry can I do that.

Serial loser to you. Simeone got the Barcelona of Argentina relegated and still ended up a top coach.

Winning an Olympic Silver and Bronze medal is not serial losing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no go there abeg bros

First half was 1-1, common sense suppose tell you that in the 2nd half of the game that the opposition will attack your team like hell when they need 2 more points to qualify. The rightful thing to do is sit back, soak up the pressure and hit them on counter when you are blessed with pacy players like osaze, martins and odewingie

I think it was this game that was later reported that the team did not know it only needed a draw to qualify. I’m not too sure though

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The rightful thing to you. Football is more than that. You can sit back and still lose. The. You bother why you abandoned your philosophy.

What matters most is to hold on to your philosophy and keep building it. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it does not.
oga e don do abeg I no get strength
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Toylove:

I think it was this game that was later reported that the team did not know it only needed a draw to qualify. I’m not too sure though
exactly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2023
princeabdul:
I think these are super eagles most beautiful jersey ever.
Nike should recreate the 96 Olympic team’s Jersey

I love that jersey till date
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 11:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Siasia’s teams play to the gallery too much. Na siasia team u go Dey see scoreline like 5-3,4-2,5-4 etc 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I really never believe a day will come that someone will try and repackage Siasia as a good product chief, football isn't all about pre-intimacy, I can even boast that sunday oliseh have higher ceiling than him, if Stephen keshi play those gold finals, he's bagging them.

I know my goat when I see one.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Nike should recreate the 96 Olympic team’s Jersey

I love that jersey till date
I don't want them to remodel it, a lot of people has been ordering for the retro, it's just so cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
princeabdul:
I really never believe a day will come that someone will try and repackage Siasia as a good product chief, football isn't all about pre-intimacy, I can even boast that sunday oliseh have higher ceiling than him, if Stephen keshi play those gold finals, he's bagging them.

I know my goat when I see one.
oliseh is ok but what I don’t like is his man management method

Also he talks too much and very troublesome
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Serial loser to you. Simeone got the Barcelona of Argentina relegated and still ended up a top coach.

Winning an Olympic Silver and Bronze medal is not serial losing.
LOL. It's not for real, how bout not qualifying for Afcon?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 12:08am On Oct 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:

even yemi tela is better than Siasia and he won us a gold with his beautiful style of play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19am On Oct 07, 2023
princeabdul:
even yemi tela is better Siasia and he won us a gold with his beautiful style of play.

Very generic statement. You neglect the fact that there are other factors that lead to winning.

Because Yemi Tells won doesn't make him better. Siasia did Silver and Bronze at the Olympics. That is brilliant.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20am On Oct 07, 2023
princeabdul:
LOL. It's not for real, how bout not qualifying for Afcon?

As if it is only qualifiers Siasia coached Nigeria in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 12:25am On Oct 07, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Very generic statement. You neglect the fact that there are other factors that lead to winning.

Because Yemi Tells won doesn't make him better. Siasia did Silver and Bronze at the Olympics. That is brilliant.

Finito.
now I understand you're a man that's all about fugazi.

People said beautiful playing style is Siasia’s ID, and he's won nothing with it.

Stop getting fooled with style of play without result, it earns nothing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no go there abeg bros

Nigeria needed a win in that game. Guinea scored a late equaliser. Siasia did not start the qualifier. I think he took over from oliseh, after the later have put Nigeria in a difficult situation. Surprisingly for me that's one of the best games I've seen the eagles play.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 12:40am On Oct 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:

2nd half instead of siasia to be more conservative and defensive he took out 1 Abi 2 midfielders and brought in attackers which left the middle porous and the Guineans capitalized on it and scored a late minute goal to qualify 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not correct.
NFF and the coach didn't know that a goal margin would have gotten us through hence were going for a 2 goal cushion in order to top the group. Administrative lapse.

Best four second place teams were to qualify and Nigeria would have finished as one of the second best team to qualify had it ended in a win of 1-goal margin. At 2-1 we were still going forward in order to score the second goal to top the group and qualify not knowing that 1 goal margin is enough.

Guinea would have still qualifed. As group winners if we won by 1 gioal margin or second best if we won by more than 1-gial margin. It was painful.

Again, Siaisa took the team from Equaveon after 2 matches had been played - Nigeria won home and lost an away match. Then there was serious fight between 2 parties who laid claim to NFF presidency at the time.

In his second attempt 2017 afcon qualifier, the draw against Egypt at home and draw against Tanzania away cost us (both matches were under Sunday Oliseh) Siasia failed in a rescue mission loosing to Eqypt in the final match.

Asides Stephen Keshi and Shuaibu Amodu, I rate Siasivas the best indigineous coach.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 12:45am On Oct 07, 2023
princeabdul:
why are you playing emotional card, Siasia is a serial loser and no amount of laundry can undo that.

A losser. Mention any Nigerian coach with an Olympic medal. His failure with super eagles were actually rescue missions which failed.

I rate Shuaibu Amodu higher sha because of his success rate in rescue missions. He was out go to coach when the road to qualification seems closed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 12:50am On Oct 07, 2023
mank1234:

A losser. Mention any Nigerian coach with an Olympic medal. His failure with super eagles were actually rescue missions which failed.

I rate Shuaibu Amodu higher sha because of his success rate in rescue missions. He was out go to coach when the road to qualification seems closed.
cry more, he lost two finals, do you want to bring them back?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2023
charlesemeka85:
no go there abeg bros

This is not true. We needed a win. The entire team failed to realise that a goal margin is enough to seal qualification. No one cared to do the permutations. The match ended 2:2

The truth is waiting till last game to book qualification always puts pressure on a team. Guinea who had already qualified before the match were at advantage. Same hapend when we faced Angola for world cup quafier in 2006. Same hapend when we faced South Africa for a nation's cup qualifier. Same happened almost all the times we have failed to qualify. Hoping on the last game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 1:08am On Oct 07, 2023
princeabdul:
cry more, he lost two finals, do you want to bring them back?

No Sir. Just saying fact; I'm not crying but if you want to, I won't stop you. . Not scouting for anyone; haven't met him before.

I'm looking at the precursors to his failings rather than jumping on the bandwagon. No one blames the people that started the process on a shaky ground but the person who tries to remedy an already bad situation.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 1:12am On Oct 07, 2023
mank1234:

No Sir. Just saying fact; I'm not crying but if you want to, I won't stop you. . Not scouting for anyone; haven't met him before.

I'm looking at the precursors to his failings rather than jumping on the bandwagon. No one blames the people that started the process on a shaky ground but the person who tries to remedy an already bad situation.
he had the chance to reject the offer when it was given to him, how's that hard to comprehend?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 1:15am On Oct 07, 2023
princeabdul:
he had the chance to reject the offer when it was given to him, how's that hard to comprehend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15086) (15087) (15088) (15089) (15090) (15091) (15092) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), Joezinho and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.