Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679194 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15106) (15107) (15108) (15109) (15110) (15111) (15112) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Michael Kayode- possibility 20%
Curtis Jones- possibility 10%
Felix Nmecha- possibility 5%
Caleb Okoli- Possibility 60%
Michael Folorunsho- possibility 80%
Atubolu- possibility 50%
Why 50% for Atubolu? Anything else you have seen that you could share? I honestly won't even bother with Nmecha and Curtis Jones. I believe we should make an attempt for Udogie, he might be DESTINED to play for us grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Michael Kayode- possibility 20%
Curtis Jones- possibility 10%
Felix Nmecha- possibility 5%
Caleb Okoli- Possibility 60%
Michael Folorunsho- possibility 80%
Atubolu- possibility 50%

Curtis jones is not a Nigerian …forget all dis lineage stuff,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
elyte89:

Curtis jones is not a Nigerian …forget all dis lineage stuff,
you leave the original poster come dey attack me?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Why 50% for Atubolu? Anything else you have seen that you could share? I honestly won't even bother with Nmecha and Curtis Jones. I believe we should make an attempt for Udogie, he might be DESTINED to play for us grin grin
udogie wey dem don invite for Italy squad wey go play qualifiers with England this weekend? Dey play

Kayode even seem a bit likely than udogie cus the former still Dey play u21 football for Italy

The Italian born players that seem possible for us to lure are Folorunsho and Okoli for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

My brother the Udogie I have watched is still a work in progress, offensively very good, but defensively a sorry mess. Not better than what we have currently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
Person go take em time do research dey post stats just because em hate one player. The player no even know say this person dey exist. The player dey collect em dough weekly dey smile make plans for the em future. If the hater go just apply the same diligence and effort to em personal life e for know where e for dey now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2023
Truidstar:
My brother the Udogie I have watched is still a work in progress, offensively very good, but defensively a sorry mess. Not better than what we have currently.
Well that's arguable but anyways case closed, heard he's already part of the Azuris and would be playing for them this weekend.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I put Atubolu on 50% because he is highly rated in Germany and currently their u21 goal keeper

He is tipped as one to replace aging Neur and Stegen in the nearest future by the Germans

It will be tough convincing him to switch to us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
kennysville:

E get why na.....

Agenda must agend! Simpu...

I'm tired already. The championship hype is overcooked. He should allow the firewood to rest abeg. Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
Truidstar:
Udogie is more of a right wingback than an out and out RB

Offensively he is very good but that can’t be said about the defensive side of his game

Also the Italians mostly play with wingbacks so he will be a good fit for them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
mk Italy take udogie leave this one for us na
Called up by Italy already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Attempts hv been made to get udogie but him and his agent said his heart is with the Italian national team and that he feels more Italian than Nigerian

Also Okoli was contacted the same period of time but his response wasn’t too clear on leaning solely towards Italy but said that he is also open to playing for nigeria if Italy doesn’t give him a chance

Nmecha is already in the German team but yet to be officially capped, have featured in few exhibition games for them this year

Curtis Jones, I doubt he will even accept switching to us so I won’t advise that the nff and jpes should waste their precious time on reaching out to him

I know Kayode will continue with the Italian U21 team and wait for his time to play for the snr side so that will require a long wait for us

Okoli if pressed may switch to us but it won’t be fast because he is a regular with the italy U21. Anything happening will likely be after the next U21 euro competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I put Atubolu on 50% because he is highly rated in Germany and currently their u21 goal keeper

He is tipped as one to replace aging Neur and Stegen in the nearest future by the Germans

It will be tough convincing him to switch to us
Based on what you wrote, 50% sef high.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Attempts hv been made to get udogie but him and his agent said his heart is with the Italian national team and that he feels more Italian than Nigerian

Also Okoli was contacted the same period of time but his response wasn’t too clear on leaning solely towards Italy but said that he is also open to playing for nigeria if Italy doesn’t give him a chance

Nmecha is already in the German team but yet to be officially capped, have featured in few exhibition games for them this year

Curtis Jones, I doubt he will even accept switching to us so I won’t advise that the nff and jpes should waste their precious time on reaching out to him

I know Kayode will continue with the Italian U21 team and wait for his time to play for the snr side so that will require a long wait for us

Okoli if pressed may switch to us but it won’t be fast because he is a regular with the italy U21. Anything happening will likely be after the next U21 euro competition
Anyways let's focus on what we have and I hope the NFF is thinking of Ogbu, and seeking opportunities to help develop Ben Fredericks, Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro. While looking at the Nigerians in diaspora, those within too shouldn't be neglected.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
komekn:

Let me quote myself verbatim.

"top of the goal scoring charts for the past 5 years"

I have to apologize my statement may seem ambiguous, l did not say highest goal scorer but
top of the goal scoring charts for me means among the top three highest goal scorers .

Chameleon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Based on what you wrote, 50% sef high.
I swear 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Anyways let's focus on what we have and I hope the NFF is thinking of Ogbu, and seeking opportunities to help develop Ben Fredericks, Eletu, Daga and Akinsanmiro. While looking at the Nigerians in diaspora, those within too shouldn't be neglected.
good point, you said it all

I think the easiest to get now are Folorunsho and Uduokhai

Also if Tosin moves to Monaco in January the chances to get him becomes higher

Akinsanmiro and Eletu will likely play men’s football next season out on loan or graduate to their teams snr squad. I will prefer a loan move for both for them to get more playing time. Even Milan fans are angry with Pioli for not graduating Eletu to their first team yet

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
I believe before 2026 World Cup Eletu and Akinsanmiro will be ready for the super eagles

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Then we should approach him fast!!!! Can't we even approach Udogie even if he rejects us. He can look at Angelo Ogbonna and use that as a guide in making his decision. Also the Freiburg goalie too, hopefully the NFF approaches them and no wahala if they say no.
I think among this European born kids Italian Nigerians are tougher to convince to switch to us upon how racist the Italians are

The treatment Balotelli got from the fans is enough to tell this young kids that they re not liked until they experience the same

They are easily capped by giving them few minutes in official games then trashed afterwards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2023
Another that should be reached out to is Moritz Jenz of Wolfsburg. He has been good for his team this season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
kendrick9:

So one game defines Haaland's career?
While we're at it, Could you mention any big game Osimhen has shone in the CL?
Chelsea vs Napoli nko?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
Windscribe:
Erling Haaland is 23 years old.

Victor Oshimen is 24 years old (age fraud here, man should be 32-35)

Haaland's career goals ; 240

Oshimen career goals; 123

Nairaland super eagles fans beer parlour analysts : Oshimen is a better striker.
if you believe osi is 35 you have mental issues tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
Mujtahida:

Hmmm. I didn't know Ejuke is Vinicius oo. Anyway whatever he brings, others bring more. We have seen Ejuke. He's not all that.

Cut the lies and face the truth.
I hate hypocrisy.

Is Chukwueze and Simon better passers of the ball, do they bring more defensively, are they faster.

They can do more my foot.
Nonsense and rubbish.

If Peseiro desires let him not invite Ejuke and Nwakali.
It was on this thread that after seeing Peter Olayinka, touted him to start instead of Moses Simon on the left against Egypt, save for team chemistry, because of the obvious limitations that we have in these current wingers.

Eguavoen did not dress Ejuke for the match against Tunisia. Nwakali who was starting from the bench brought stability, control and creativity more than the midfielders that were starting ahead of him. These players will never be appreciated and we will keep paying for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nigeriagood:
if you believe osi is 35 you have mental issues tongue

He’s genuinely young…he has a principal who was interviewed after d u-17 fifa World Cup ,so his age is traceable 😊

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I believe before 2026 World Cup Eletu and Akinsanmiro will be ready for the super eagles
That's all that concerns me. Esp if they enter Qualifiers process. I no wan hear story. Even Daga too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2023
elyte89:

He’s genuinely young…he has a principal who was interviewed after d u-17 fifa World Cup ,so his age is traceable 😊
imagine calling star boy osi 35 chai

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2023
daveP:
That's all that concerns me. Esp if they enter Qualifiers process. I no wan hear story. Even Daga too.
That Daga I no go lie I no too dey rate am for now

Maybe because we hv players already in the super eagles who re similar to him

the same reason I am not really worried about not getting Lesley Ugochukwu

All I want in the team for now are CBs,CMs and CAMs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
That Daga I no go lie I no too dey rate am for now

Maybe because we hv players already in the super eagles who re similar to him

the same reason I am not really worried in not getting Lesley Ugochukwu

All I want in the team for now are CBs,CMs and CAMs

Obviously, he won't be really rated like that. But, on a norms, the reason shouldn't be that it's cos we get players in SE with such skill set/similar. All we know is he's one for the future. The earlier the better.

As for CAMs, i doubt we go see any for now. Especially with the way style of play is changing lately. 10 role don disappear. And i hate it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
daveP:
I don’t know why I don’t rate that daga of a boy for now, maybe because we hv players similar to his playing style in the super eagles like ndidi,onyedika and Onyeka. Also bonke

All I pray for at the moment are more CBs,CMs and CAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
Meliforme:

Cut the lies and face the truth.
I hate hypocrisy.

Is Chukwueze and Simon better passers of the ball, do they bring more defensively, are they faster.

They can do more my foot.
Nonsense and rubbish.

If Peseiro desires let him not invite Ejuke and Nwakali.
It was on this thread that after seeing Peter Olayinka, touted him to start instead of Moses Simon on the left against Egypt, save for team chemistry, because of the obvious limitations that we have in these current wingers.

Eguavoen did not dress Ejuke for the match against Tunisia. Nwakali who was starting from the bench brought stability, control and creativity more than the midfielders that were starting ahead of him. These players will never be appreciated and we will keep paying for it.
Ejike’s agent don land 🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2023
Windscribe:

Charlesemeka85

Your username gives a clue that you were born in year 1985 which makes you 38 years old.
You need to stop adding emojis to your posts, are you a clown?

You're not a kid bro, ooh I forgot this is a beer parlour.
You're the only clown here. Look around, then rest please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17am On Oct 11, 2023
maidaboi:
Chameleon

Delusional ✨

(1) (2) (3) ... (15106) (15107) (15108) (15109) (15110) (15111) (15112) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), ddone and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.