Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686829 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15126) (15127) (15128) (15129) (15130) (15131) (15132) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Odunayaw:
Iwobi?

Oh, I just saw the moniker grin
I dey tell you grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Hopefully, we play better and get a good result against Mozambique. Not a bad game from the lads, the Saudis scored goals from 2 free kicks while we wasted multiple chances and thwarted many goal scoring plays. I won't fault JP in my own opinion, if we perform same wag against Mozambique then we can be justified to shout and yelp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
IDENNAA:
Iwobi, Umar and Aribo is a no no for me

Leave Iwobi alone.. Rest abeg...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Based on all performances under Jose Peseiro, the Super Eagles will NOT win the next AFCON.

The 2 reasons for this are as follows
1. Refusal to try out fresh options and ideas in midfield. Even when the team starts off on the front foot, once the other team commits more men in the midfield we totally lose control of the game, relying solely on athletism and luck.

2. This one is less of the coach's fault. We simply do not have a reliable option in goal. You cannot win anything without a decent goalkeeper. Nothing. Left to me I will start afresh in that position inviting 3 new options from the local league. They CANNOT be worse. I have seen Amas Obasogie of Bendel Insurance in the CAF Confederation Cup and he has to be involved.

My third point is not really a reason why we won't win the AFCON, but, I think the team dynamic is better without Osimhen. Maybe better for the team if he comes from the bench in the second half.

Sha, we are in trouble.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Odunayaw:
Just look at Uzoho grin

Ndidi looked at him like "you fool"
I hope there's a picture of this grin

Brethren we need to pray and fast concerning this GK issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
JayromWrites:

Can't navigate that link
What link. Just enter your FB app.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Team way dey on a losing streak e reach una turn to whip them, una dey do like Rev. Father Benevolent and sister Merciful. Spare the the needless narrative of how each one of them tried. These boys are not hungry.

Evidently, Loss of from from club affects them, look at Sadiq. The average guys like Ndidi, Iheanacho, Boniface and Moses Simon showed why they are at top forms in their clubs.

Jpes is lucky with players making their debut under him and clicking to the team. The right back and left back have virtually clicked for him. Bright and Bruno, not forgetting the striker Boniface. They have been great addition to the team. The others are still purging their minds of the previous national team coaches they played with. They don't seem to get the message well.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Marjoribanks:
It is a friendly and Sadiq came in before our 2nd goal. Removing him might kill is confidence. The coach did the right thing in that moment. So rest! lolll!
Jpes na dust bin

Even me wey be layman for football tactics noticed that in the second half mancini crowded the midfield with more bodies

If u were observant while watching the game u will notice that our defenders weren’t passing out from the back easily as they did in the first half through the midfield, instead the resorted to low straight passes from defense to our attacking pivot

In football of this era midfield win games. Iwobi and ndidi were seriously shoocked in the 2nd half which result to players pressing them down once they receive a pass

IMH opinion the 2 players that changed the game for us were Simon and Nacho

Uzoho na giraffe πŸ¦’ and it’s high time our national team handlers accept this and start searching for a better keeper even if it’s from the local league. I can even easily forgive an NPFL goal keeper making such primary school errors instead of a pro who hv featured in the afcon,uel and World Cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Joebie:
Make una free Umar. He did not deserve a call up in the first place.
He was called up to replace the injured Awoniyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Tobichimezie:
Peseiro is really a low IQ manager sha, why call up a match rusty Aribo when there are better options available? why can't we ever get basic things right in this country?

Nwakali

Folorunsho

Ifeanyi Matthew

These are far better players than Aribo who can't even get enough minutes in the freaking championship for crying out loud. Also the likes of Uzoho, Chukwueze and Ebuehi need to be phased out or benched.
you are even going far. The bashiru was on the benched. Seriously something is wrong with that niggur. Very low IQ.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tobichimezie: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
gannod:

Chukwueze is too childish. No wonder they don't want the Coach to be sacked. He condones a lot of rubbish from these guys. I have always maintained we need a tactically sound Coach going forward. These guys are too non-challant for my liking. Imagine the number of chances they refused to bury today!

I've never been impressed with Chukwueze, he plays the typical street football where anything goes but lacks the tactical intelligence you see in real footballers, I've always said Nathan Tella should be called up if we really want to see the depth of our attack.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I dey tell you grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Hopefully, we play better and get a good result against Mozambique. Not a bad game from the lads, the Saudis scored goals from 2 free kicks while we wasted multiple chances and thwarted many goal scoring plays. I won't fault JP in my own opinion, if we perform same wag against Mozambique then we can be justified to shout and yelp.
I don't think anyone can hold an intellectually sound argument to fault JP in this match. He wouldn't have entered the pitch to convert chances.

However we could have seen out the game easily. This match didn't deserve a draw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
IDENNAA:
Who was the guy that replaced Ebuehi.....good player
Our first choice. Osayi

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Uzoho just imagined the ball will go to his far left and so he flew away like aviator.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
chuks404:
So we cannot win Saudi Arabia. What for heavens sake be this. I hope osimhen didn't get injured oooo. At least make baba go back him club in peace
What was wrong with Argentina who lost against this low Saudi team, can you imagine Messi and his teamates?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
Starboytwo:
Good. I want to see the attack without osimhen

Boniface will be around for a long time. Fine baller.

What is their age difference ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Jpes would hv used that opportunity to give Akor Adams his first invite
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
They resorted to what again? You simply stated Paserio tactics yourself. lol! Mancini occupied the midfield and Paserio occupied the wings and got the goals while Mancini had to rely on a fortunate freekick. lol! Simple football tactics. You need to study better!! lol!!
charlesemeka85:
Jpes na dust bin

Even me wey be layman for football tactics noticed that in the second half mancini crowded the midfield with more bodies

If u were observant while watching the game u will notice that our defenders weren’t passing out from the back easily as they did in the first half through the midfield, instead the resorted to low straight passes from defense to our attacking pivot

In football of this era midfield win games. Iwobi and ndidi were seriously shocked in the 2nd half which result to players pressing them down once they receive a pass

IMH opinion the 2 players that changed the game for us were Simon and Nacho

Uzoho na giraffe πŸ¦’ and it’s high time our national team handlers accept this and start searching for a better keeper in if it’s from the local league. I will even easily forgive an NPFL goal keeper making such primary school errors instead of a pro who hv featured in the afcon,uel and World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
[quote author=M7even post=126385165]Uzoho just imagined the ball will go to his far left and so he flew away like aviator. teammates?
Wasn't there a deflection?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
You get time replying this delusional folks!
AndSunGorilla:

What was wrong with Argentina who lost against this low Saudi team, can you imagine Messi and his teamates?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
Odunayaw:
I don't think anyone can hold an intellectually sound argument to fault JP in this match. He wouldn't have entered the pitch to convert chances.

However we could have seen out the game easily. This match didn't deserve a draw
baba, the guy lacks good game management. Ehen yes but we were up at some point in the game. Why not change the formation, mind you this is a friendly, there are other guys that arw supposed to come in the midfield. This man played virtually the same formation throughout. All he did was man to man change. The man has nothing to offer. I dey pity who is thinking nigeria will win afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
If NFF/JPes is hell-bent on FB as our goalkeeper, we should approach Arthur then. This time around, we are rolling a lot of carpets for him.

Aribo coming in for Iwobi is where we lost the Midfield battle. Mancini did not overcrowd any Midfield. Either Frank or Onyedika should have come in for Iwobi. At least, they would give the Midfield more solidity if we can't hold the ball.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
wayodude:
Based on all performances under Jose Peseiro, the Super Eagles will NOT win the next AFCON.

The 2 reasons for this are as follows
1. Refusal to try out fresh options and ideas in midfield. Even when the team starts off on the front foot, once the other team commits more men in the midfield we totally lose control of the game, relying solely on athletism and luck.

2. This one is less of the coach's fault. We simply do not have a reliable option in goal. You cannot win anything without a decent goalkeeper. Nothing. Left to me I will start afresh in that position inviting 3 new options from the local league. They CANNOT be worse. I have seen Amas Obasogie of Bendel Insurance in the CAF Confederation Cup and he has to be involved.

My third point is not really a reason why we won't win the AFCON, but, I think the team dynamic is better without Osimhen. Maybe better for the team if he comes from the bench in the second half.

Sha, we are in trouble.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Because of friendly match?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gannod(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
IDENNAA:

I am tired of Chukwueze.

Honestly, the guy is really annoying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
chuks404:
baba, the guy lacks good game management. Ehen yes but we were up at some point in the game. Why not change the formation, mind you this is a friendly, there are other guys that arw supposed to come in the midfield. This man played virtually the same formation throughout. All he did was man to man change. The man has nothing to offer. I dey pity who is thinking nigeria will win afcon
Clear your veins first of the emotion of the game.

Did we struggle in the midfield? What makes you think more bodies in the middle would have prevented a dying minute free kick?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
M7even:
90 percent of us here knew that free kick will be a goal. It's almost 2 years and we still have a goalkeeper problem. Fine, the ball deflected off Bassey, and Bassey caused the freekick that led to the first goal and again the keeper should have done better with the first goal.

Which Bassey cause freekick abi na back of TV you go watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Truidstar:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Because of friendly match?

You disagree? No wahala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Emotion people

If Saudi played Nigeria the way we did them y'all would have foamed in your mouths!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Mourinho would have roasted Uzoho and dump him since. Reason why I love him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
He did not deserve a call up. Abi u no know there are better performing strikers this season?
AndSunGorilla:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
Pidginwhisper:
Boni is good forget. And Moses Simon is better than Eluku cheesy
Those people always criticizing moses should bury their heads in shame.

Reason why dude keeps starting our important matches since joining SE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:
One of Ndidi's best games for us. He has really impressed me today.

Obviously, himself and Iheanacho are in good hands. At the top of their league and they are making it count in the national team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

the same argentina won the World Cup. Go back and review that match. You will see the quality of play. Besides these are two different games with different approaches. Jpes is not the man period. Supernerd was actually right. How will you stick with a formation throughout 90mins. That is not what modern football is all about. Rigidity without results. The guy's days are numbered. Even if we won this game, I will still maintain my point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15126) (15127) (15128) (15129) (15130) (15131) (15132) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.