Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11751563 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15204) (15205) (15206) (15207) (15208) (15209) (15210) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Starboytwo:
Osimhen is a global star now, and should really be intentional about his next move. He should calm down and shop for a team that will favorably move his ministry forward.

A team that will consistently fight for the UCL and other major trophies, a team that is stable and would work with his skill set to enhance and improve his game moving forward...

Man city is for Halland
Mbappe is destined for Madrid
Osimhen can't afford to even be in Seria A in the first place to compete favorably with these guys.

I can think no further than Liverpool FC and Chelsea.

He should not bother about Man united at all at all, unless he is not ambitious and wants to win only carling cup.

Which top star will want to move to Chelsea ? Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Which top star will want to move to Chelsea ? Lol
Starboy now, no be im post? I don't mean the authentic starboys o like Wizzie and Saka, but the one wey dey Nairaland on SE thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
Starboytwo:
Look at the top 8

1: Lionel Messi (PSG, Inter Miami & Argentina)
2: Erling Haaland (Man City & Norway)
3: Kylian Mbappe (PSG & France)
4: Kevin De Bruyne (Man City & Belgium)
5: Rodri (Man City & Spain)
6: Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid & Brazil)
7: Julian Alvarez (Man City & Argentina)

Remove 1,4,5,6,7

Halland/Mbappe/Osimhen=Game on.

Remove those numbers for what exactly ?

You want commot vinicius and Julian Alvarez ? Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
he should leave psg for Madrid

Wetin e Dey wait for since ?

Wahala go Dey that madrid and Bellingham no go gree for anybody to collect him new shine ,Vinicius self Dey use one eye Dey look grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
komekn:

None of these players mentioned above have been consistently outstanding with top level performances for club and league.

So you are essentially agreeing with me.

In addition I could argue, none of them have had a run of games, but it's not a material fact.

Tella had an outstanding last season he is now in a team top of the Bundesliga and not getting any game time or a run of games to create form. In addition he has to displace in form Jeremie Frimpong, who is a Dutch international and maybe 🤔 better.

Chukwueze is in a better position but not necessarily good, he also is not getting much game time too. He has to displace Pulisic, who in my opinion is better ,more versatile with better end product.

So in this regard who is better for the SE is open to debate. In my opinion looking at Chukwueze past performances, he dribbles unnecessarily, poor crosser of the ball and his finishing is very suspect.

None of those issues that plague Chukwueze impact on Tella. I can assure he can cross the ball accurately there are basic requirements from academy football ⚽ more so in the Arsenal academy.

Most of our forwards are starved not getting good crosses. What's the point of having a " headmaster ' like V.O. and nobody can cross the ball with quality 🤔to him.

So it's time for Tella to be tried out and it's not a question of poor African football ⚽ pitches,it's about quality end product, football intelligence and work rate as well as helping the defence.

Oga, we don see this kine player multiple times before. Let us see him play in the WCQ first before even analysing if he can make the AFCON Team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Wetin e Dey wait for since ?

Wahala go Dey that madrid and Bellingham no go gree for anybody to collect him new shine ,Vinicius self Dey use one eye Dey look grin
talk say as dem wipe una still Dey pain u if not I see no sense in this your post

Bellingham na striker? Madrid get proper striker at the moment? Isn’t Mbappe versatile ie can operate from both flanks as well as the number 9 position?

U don leave ewedu soup collect bitter leaf soup from chriskel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
talk say as dem wipe una still Dey pain u if not I see no sense in this your post

Bellingham na striker? Madrid get proper striker at the moment? Isn’t Mbappe versatile ie can operate from both flanks as well as the number 9 position?

U don leave ewedu soup collect bitter leaf soup from chriskel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Speaking out of context as usual showing your illiteracy grin

Bellingham wey dey play close to the box ,more like a false 9 ,even the new formation is affecting Vinicius

Na every season Barca dey play Madrid and both team dey loose so what’s there to be worried of when the season is even still fresh ,unlike your useless Manchester United sinking even after spending 400M ,even at the Manchester derby you just be like Luton town vs mancity

Make I add jara for you ,take a look at your useless sore looser after Messi won the ballon d or yesterday

Now cryyyyyyyy🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kog45:
Yes even with a match he can proved himself just like Oliseh did and recently Osayi.

Agreed without question ❓

So also did Aribo, but some players need a few games to settle in some don't.

It's just the way it is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Napoleon55:

The same way some talked about Osimhen potential when he was younger,but u did not agree with them,

No one can be absolutely sure of what the future can be

Why not Dr 2Know get my posts AT TJAT TIME and quote me verbatim.

And stop 🛑 misleading and misrepresenting my comments to suit your narrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
Icon4s:

Oga, we don see this kine player multiple times before. Let us see him play in the WCQ first before even analysing if he can make the AFCON Team.

Multiple ( dem plenty) hmmm 🤔 please name just three players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
chuks404:
first congratulate the young man. I haven't seen you do that then I can engage you on this. The last time I checked players like tammy you rated above him was no where to be found in the now. I mean based on current performance 😂

At THAT TIME was that untrue ❓

Currently V.O. is above him although Tega has had a ACL rupture that could take a while season to recover or more.

That's football ⚽ last season top player can be the next seasons flop.

This is why the tag world class is created over several seasons not just one. For instance look at Kane consistent top level scorer in the EPL for near a decade goes to Bundesliga and be continuing same high level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Messi has just used ojoro to win 2 ballon d’or and everyone is quiet about the obvious cheating. The man has stolen haaland and lewandoskwi award in 2021 and 2023 respectively. In what village is a whole ballon d’or awarded because of 7 games? Why didn’t they follow the same metrics in 2010, 2014 and 2018?? I think Messi is the GOAT but I don’t condone cheating others for your personal glory. Let’s see if CAF change their own metrics this year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Napoleon55:

Kanu came 6th in 1996 world footballer of the year ranking ,which we on this part of the world believed was rated higher then at least.

pls get your facts right. Kanu finished 11th in 1996 ballon d'or not fifa. Give the man his accolades and stop these. As far as nigeria is concerned no body has attained this ballon D'or award. Be careful how you state facts to feed your narratives at least be truthful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
chuks404:
pls get your facts right. Kanu finished 11th in 1996 ballon d'or not fifa. Give the man his acclodes and stop these. As far as nigeria is concerned no body has attained this ballon D'or award. Be careful how you state facts to feed your narratives at least be truthful.
well the post you quoted did say fifa world player of the year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Amedino99:
well the post you quoted did say fifa world player of the year.
what are you saying? It was fifa not world footballer reason I said get your facts right . Ballon d'or was then in existence and kanu was 11th. You can alert me when kanu gets the 8th position. No disrespect. My own is that osimhen has attained what a nigeria hasn't. He still has alot to achieve. But for now, he should be given his flowers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
Messi has just used ojoro to win 2 ballon d’or and everyone is quiet about the obvious cheating. The man has stolen haaland and lewandoskwi award in 2021 and 2023 respectively. In what village is a whole ballon d’or awarded because of 7 games? Why didn’t they follow the same metrics in 2010, 2014 and 2018?? I think Messi is the GOAT but I don’t condone cheating others for your personal glory. Let’s see if CAF change their own metrics this year
Go to Court!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Bellingham wey dey play close to the box ,more like a false 9 ,even the new formation is affecting Vinicius

Na every season Barca dey play Madrid and both team dey loose so what’s there to be worried of when the season is even still fresh ,unlike your useless Manchester United sinking even after spending 400M ,even at the Manchester derby you just be like Luton town vs mancity

Make I add jara for you ,take a look at your useless sore looser after Messi won the ballon d or yesterday

Now cryyyyyyyy
Ronaldo is too childish. The guy dey behave like a toddler wey dem deny puff-puff. He can't even pretend for once. So shameless

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
komekn:

Why not Dr 2Know get my posts AT TJAT TIME and quote me verbatim.

And stop 🛑 misleading and misrepresenting my comments to suit your narrative.
Quote u verbatim and prove what?
that Osimhen was not potential world class or was at that time ?

U are the one always doing Dr. I too know,why not accept that u were wrong at that time and people will close that chapter.

If u could saw and talked about Bellingham as a potential world class midfielder,
why did u not forseen and talked about Osimhen as potential world class striker, instead u said he was not good for a championship team.
When u were called out ,u started adding "at that time" as ur alibi .
This is a super eagles thread not three lions thread,we discuss about our players not others

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
mostob:
Ronaldo is too childish. The guy dey behave like a toddler wey dem deny puff-puff. He can't even pretend for once. So shameless

And they wonder why we hate man ?

An insecure man child

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
If he can really cross the ball and shows it for GWG, I’m sold!
komekn:

None of these players mentioned above have been consistently outstanding with top level performances for club and league.

So you are essentially agreeing with me.

In addition I could argue, none of them have had a run of games, but it's not a material fact.

Tella had an outstanding last season he is now in a team top of the Bundesliga and not getting any game time or a run of games to create form. In addition he has to displace in form Jeremie Frimpong, who is a Dutch international and maybe 🤔 better.

Chukwueze is in a better position but not necessarily good, he also is not getting much game time too. He has to displace Pulisic, who in my opinion is better ,more versatile with better end product.

So in this regard who is better for the SE is open to debate. In my opinion looking at Chukwueze past performances, he dribbles unnecessarily, poor crosser of the ball and his finishing is very suspect.

None of those issues that plague Chukwueze impact on Tella. I can assure he can cross the ball accurately there are basic requirements from academy football ⚽ more so in the Arsenal academy.

Most of our forwards are starved not getting good crosses. What's the point of having a " headmaster ' like V.O. and nobody can cross the ball with quality 🤔to him.

So it's time for Tella to be tried out and it's not a question of poor African football ⚽ pitches,it's about quality end product, football intelligence and work rate as well as helping the defence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
komekn:

At THAT TIME was that untrue ❓

Currently V.O. is above him although Tega has had a ACL rupture that could take a while season to recover or more.

That's football ⚽ last season top player can be the next seasons flop.

This is why the tag world class is cre. ated over several seasons not just one. For instance look at Kane consistent top level scorer in the EPL for near a decade goes to Bundesliga and be continuing same high level.

hahahahahhha. I won't puncture this until you congratulate osimhen. I have watched you here for years "as sidon look comments brethren" so I have your dossier. Until then hit me when you are ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
mostob:
Lol, you're very right. Ronaldo does not pretend, he must talk his mind. And he hardly bothers about criticisms that follows

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Remove those numbers for what exactly ?

You want commot vinicius and Julian Alvarez ? Lol
I can agree Vinicius Sha, but we talking bout Star players, not assistant star player... Alvarez is good, but should look for his own team and star for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
Starboytwo:
I can agree Vinicius Sha, but we talking bout Star players, not assistant star player... Alvarez is good, but should look for his own team and star for them.

Vinicius self don Dey look like assistant for Madrid now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Charlee, dem dey call you o. I am skeptical about Liverpool though just because of the way they line up in attack. Also Salah might move in search of Saudi $$$ soon and I don't see Osimhen as a Salah, Firmino or Mane type of forward. That said, Klopp once coached Lewandowski so let me not be too negative. I just feel Klopp doesn't care about out and out strikers.
I can't really see any other club that can help him achieve the target. Italy can't do anything for him again except rascism. Only Epl.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Vinicius self don Dey look like assistant for Madrid now grin
Jude Bellingham will not score everyday na... Seems you are underrating Mbappe hmmm. Did you see his goal against Ac Milan? Did you see the technique? World class no pass like that oo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
grin Straight up
mostob:
Go to Court!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
Starboytwo:
Jude Bellingham will not score everyday na... Seems you are underrating Mbappe hmmm. Did you see his goal against Ac Milan? Did you see the technique? World class no pass like that oo.

Can psg win the ucl with mbappe ?

Time will tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Now cryyyyyyyy🤣
hate,bitter and sorrowful post. From this ur response I can sense how heartbroken u re cus of the result of the match btw barca and Madrid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wetin concern man united and Messi’s balon d’or win for our argument?

I wonder the kind tears wey dey roll down ur cheek when u dey type this your response to my post 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wasn’t expecting much from normal emotional Andy Uwem 🤣🤣

By the way hope say u enjoyed barca vs Madrid match?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As for me dem no born me well to ever think my beloved united go win city so the lost wasn’t hurtful to me but exactly as I expected 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Time will tell
Mbappe is Madrid bound next summer. You go cry tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No worry sociedad go finish wetin Madrid start last weekend 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
charlesemeka85:
hate,bitter and sorrowful post. From this ur response I can sense how heartbroken u re cus of the result of the match btw barca and Madrid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wetin concern man united and Messi’s balon d’or win for our argument?

I wonder the kind tears wey dey roll down ur cheek when u dey type this your response to my post 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wasn’t expecting much from normal emotional Andy Uwem 🤣🤣

By the way hope say u enjoyed barca vs Madrid match?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As for me dem no born me well to ever think my beloved united go win city so the lost wasn’t hurtful to me but exactly as I expected 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Heart broken by telling you Bellingham is shinning at Madrid and won’t wanna allow a new player collect his new shine grin

Walai you too dumb ,I should even be slandering Bellingham if I am heart broken ,but here backing him to be the star instead of mbappe .

Las las you will be fine when you stop thinking from your anus and your gulder stomach .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Time will tell
I dont think so, but they have never been so balanced like this current term.

This season will be sweeter than last.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15204) (15205) (15206) (15207) (15208) (15209) (15210) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, enlady(f), chucky101(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.