Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654693 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15296) (15297) (15298) (15299) (15300) (15301) (15302) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I wish the NFF can organize some top friendlies for us to really Guage the strength of Peseiro.

U no Dey watch eagles match again ,he lost against Mexico 🇲🇽 Ecuador 🇪🇨 Portugal 🇵🇹 top sides …
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Just saw the goal Cr7 score with a long chip from 30yrds out. The sharp decision making..
I pray we get such a baller with such skill
Not the precision o
Just that sharp decision making alone. Oh boi. The last should be Odemwingie imo. We've not had that level of specific skill again since then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
If you think uzoho is bad then you haven’t seen his junior brother donarumma menn what he just did few minutes ago will make uzoho feel like prime casillas grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is not my logic. I will prefer a better explanation.
I think there was one sorta zoom meeting where Oliseh was ranting and shouting and all that and he gave some hint about it. The fact is he handled VE's matter super poorly. He was giving some reasons by using examples of back in the day on arriving camp to justify his stance or so. Anyone that listened in that day would know it was about VE situation. But then again, VE talking that nff did him dirty too shows that blame is shared as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
daveP:
Just saw the goal Cr7 score with a long chip from 30yrds out. The sharp decision making..
I pray we get such a baller with such skill
Not the precision o
Just that sharp decision making alone. Oh boi. The last should be Odemwingie imo. We've not had that level of specific skill again since then.
that’s my goat, still balling hard at 38

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
elyte89:

U no Dey watch eagles match again ,he lost against Mexico 🇲🇽 Ecuador 🇪🇨 Portugal 🇵🇹 top sides …

Apart from Portugal, the others are nah.

I want Spain, Italy, Belgium, Argentina, Brazil. Few high profile friendlies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

all these people against uzoho, ah, Abeg please na. Dem go spell Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That's the point sir, he lost against Portugal, Ecuador, Algeria and Mexico so what do we want to confirm when he plays against other high profile teams? We saw how Portugal turned our team to practice cones under JP. It's like saying you want to test a kids ability to pass WAEC when he just failed junior WAEC, what is left again to confirm?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingjite1: 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Ejuke scores

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
that’s my goat, still balling hard at 38

He had all the time to dribble and go into the box. But two touches and goal. O boi!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 12:25am On Nov 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

After saying fear God and saying you talked to NFF spokesperson, you have literally not said anything.

I have given my reason for my train of thought. If you disagree, you need to make your point.

Finally, I am yet to see a reason why it was a clash of egos. Enyeama is the captain and just buried his mum. Why strip him his captain band and say he has ego?
Please there is no blame on Enyeama for that.

First of all bruh.... you need to work on how you argue your points. I have stated a lot of things in the past. If in what I wrote, you didn't read anything then I am sorry, I can't help you.

Now to the discuss... We have had arguments about this long ago. I am still searching for it on my timeliness. Truth is we will not see it the same way. And just so you know, the fellow I spoke to is not Ademola Olajire.... Cos I see you were quick to pull out a newspaper quote somewhere like that is supposed to lend credence to your argument.

For us to know the truth... we need not be bias. You have heard Enyeama's side and felt drawn to take a hard stance which seemingly leans towards the fact that Oliseh was doing a hatchet job for his employers... like really? The same Oliseh? The one who stood up to Ishaya Mark Aku and walked him out of eagles dressing room?

If I eventually find the links of the videos of the interviews about the altercation.... I will repost it. You watch it with open and unbiased mind and tell me if it wasn't a clash of Egos

Oh and by the way upon retirement from football, what has become of Enyeama in terms of club career? There lies your answer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:00am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

First of all bruh.... you need to work on how you argue your points. I have stated a lot of things in the past. If in what I wrote, you didn't read anything then I am sorry, I can't help you.

Now to the discuss... We have had arguments about this long ago. I am still searching for it on my timeliness. Truth is we will not see it the same way. And just so you know, the fellow I spoke to is not Ademola Olajire.... Cos I see you were quick to pull out a newspaper quote somewhere like that is supposed to lend credence to your argument.

For us to know the truth... we need not be bias. You have heard Enyeama's side and felt drawn to take a hard stance which seemingly leans towards the fact that Oliseh was doing a hatchet job for his employers... like really? The same Oliseh? The one who stood up to Ishaya Mark Aku and walked him out of eagles dressing room?

If I eventually find the links of the videos of the interviews about the altercation.... I will repost it. You watch it with open and unbiased mind and tell me if it wasn't a clash of Egos

Oh and by the way upon retirement from football, what has become of Enyeama in terms of club career? There lies your answer

Thankfully, internet never forgets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B0a_4TBHIQ?si=lbP4XMBywSaeKbwJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-WXBNwwsjc?si=9VHOOjiztEQrmVhX
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:04am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

I posted Enyeama's interview first to fuel the bias but listen to what our beloved Enyeama was saying .... and then juxtapose it with the other interview of Oliseh. Let fair minded fellows judge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:20am On Nov 25, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wx8J88JYJ0?si=gRRLBRRaV7NXK24k

This one is for the "Oliseh ran away from the Super Eagles cos he wasn't capable" crew.

If yall say he is lying then it is what it is......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:32am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

Oliseh said in the video that he stripped Enyeama his band because he was planning to retire.

Oliseh should let us know if he was stripped off his band towards the end of his career.

Was Keshi stripped his band? What of Yobo?

Does building a team for the future mean stripping the captain off his band?

He jumped first to saying Enyeama wanted to talk and he said he did not want Enyeama to talk of personal issues. It was not personal issues but why the coach dropped him.

He even invited four keepers, saying he was not expecting Enyeama.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:42am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wx8J88JYJ0?si=gRRLBRRaV7NXK24k
This one is for the "Oliseh ran away from the Super Eagles cos he wasn't capable" crew.

If yall say he is lying then it is what it is......

Don't understand the point of the video. It did not address why he left because he was ready to coach after recovering.

I have no doubt of Oliseh's capabilities as a manager. However, I believe Amunike's time has come. After, I believe Siasia needs a healthy run if games. Then Oliseh can come in.

The videos have not changed my belief that it was the NFF that twisted his arm to drop Enyeama from the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princeabdul(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2023
Good morning to the occupant of this house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:24am On Nov 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Don't understand the point of the video. It did not address why he left because he was ready to coach after recovering.

I have no doubt of Oliseh's capabilities as a manager. However, I believe Amunike's time has come. After, I believe Siasia needs a healthy run if games. Then Oliseh can come in.

The videos have not changed my belief that it was the NFF that twisted his arm to drop Enyeama from the team.

You see why I said let the unbiased minds judge? This is why sometimes you make it difficult to engage you in serious discussions cos you tend to allow your passion cloud your objectivity. There is nothing I can say to convince you because it's just not what you want to hear. However I will leave this with you. In court there is something called testifying against an accused which smart lawyers do in order to win an argument. And that can mislead the jury. What is hidden is plain for God to see. But don't come in here and talk authoritatively like an invisible witness that no one saw during the altercation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:28am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

You see why I said let the unbiased minds judge? This is why sometimes you make it difficult to engage you in serious discussions cos you tend to allow your passion cloud your objectivity. There is nothing I can say to convince you because it's just not what you want to hear. However I will leave this with you. In court there is something called testifying against an accused which smart lawyers do in order to win an argument. And that can mislead the jury. What is hidden is plain for God to see. But don't come in here and talk authoritatively like an invisible witness that no one saw during the altercation.

In what you posted, there is nothing concrete to why Oliseh dropped Enyeama. He prepared to drop him before he came to camp. Invited an extra goal keeper. Announced a new captain before telling Enyeama. Then finally saying he was building a new team which is not a concrete reason for dropping a captain of the Super Eagles.

So the videos you are throwing around did not counter my belief.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

In what you posted, there is nothing concrete to why Oliseh dropped Enyeama. He prepared to drop him before he came to camp. Invited an extra goal keeper. Announced a new captain before telling Enyeama. Then finally saying he was building a new team which is not a concrete reason for dropping a captain of the Super Eagles.

There is a reason I posted 2videos and it seems you missed the point and deliberately I might add.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

My question was it proper to drop a player with 101 caps as captain without proper briefing and who just buried his mother….Oliseh is wicked.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2023
Oliseh is a Man-child and a confusionist with overbloated ego and other behavioural issues.
He is suppose to be in the rehab not in the super eagles. His drawback is his persona.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2023
zuchyblink:
Oliseh is a Man-child and a confusionist with overbloated ego and other behavioural issues.
He is suppose to be in the rehab not in the super eagles. His drawback is his persona.
In one of his interviews recently he said Ndidi is a better player than Mikel,but is Oliseh better than Mikel career wise?NO….we didn’t see prime Mikel in championship but prime Ndidi is in championship.

He handled eagles in a very confusing manner and left the team in tatters.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

Oliseh and Enyeama issue was public and nothing to hide except we are deceiving ourselves to say the truth.

It would have been better for Oliseh not to invite Enyeama than the stupid and ignorant behavior he exhibited toward Enyeama.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:08am On Nov 25, 2023
kennysville:

There is a reason I posted 2videos and it seems you missed the point and deliberately I might add.....
grin I am hoping you are not surprised
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2023
Kog45:
Oliseh and Enyeama issue was public and nothing to hide except we are deceiving ourselves to say the truth.

It would have been better for Oliseh not to invite Enyeama than the stupid and ignorant behavior he exhibited toward Enyeama.

The question now is "Was Oliseh merely being a henchman for the NFF"?

Can you boldly say that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:13am On Nov 25, 2023
Odunayaw:

Can you boldly say that?

No one can honestly say that. Yes the NFF had their own agenda, but booting out Enyeama would have been impossible if Oliseh's interest and the NFF didn't align. Anyone saying otherwise is simply not being sincere.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:29am On Nov 25, 2023
Odunayaw:

Can you boldly say that?
Oliseh said he did it but to some he can’t carried such act without NFF involvement based on what happened between NFF and Enyeama regarding match location.

Amaju tried to play a good man but NFF scribe statements showed that they are in support of Oliseh action.

Since Oliseh is still telling us till date that he did it then who are we to say NO,despite some believing it was NFF/Oliseh combo.

Enyeama just last week said NFF treated him badly without even mentioning Oliseh,do we say he expected NFF to act in his defense or he realized NFF was in the picture of the whole thing.

Till date Oliseh is saying he was not influenced

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2023
lovewins:

No one can honestly say that. Yes the NFF had their own agenda, but booting out Enyeama would have been impossible if Oliseh's interest and the NFF didn't align. Anyone saying otherwise is simply not being sincere.
Thank you. I believe we shouldn't see more blue ink on the matter now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2023
Kog45:
Oliseh said he did it but to some he can’t carried such act without NFF involvement based on what happened between NFF and Enyeama regarding match location.

Amaju tried to play a good man but NFF scribe statements showed that they are in support of Oliseh action.

Since Oliseh is still telling us till date that he did it then who are we to say NO,despite some believing it was NFF/Oliseh combo.

Enyeama just last week said NFF treated him badly without even mentioning Oliseh,do we say he expected NFF to act in his defense or he realized NFF was in the picture of the whole thing.

Till date Oliseh is saying he was not influenced

Thank you Sir

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2023
lovewins:

Gbam! The bolded sums everything up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:51am On Nov 25, 2023
I won't speak evil of the dead but taking an inactive player like Gabriel Rueben, who even his own club coach was shocked to the WC is the height of irresponsibility.

Don't even get me started on taking Babatunde and "Flavour" to Brazil and excluding Sone Aluko (who was in form) and Ike Uche (our best striker in Europe then)

Nobody should bring any yenyenyen talk that Ike was indisciplined and not in the good books of Keshi. If they could resolve their differences later for a common AFCON qualifier why the hell not for a bloody WC?

123jamessmith:
Let's be sincere with ourself in this platform. Yes, kashi won the AFCON but how many of you here can beat your chest and say that kashi didnt take bribe to select players for the 2014 world cup.
I waited for that list to come out, that list came in the middle of night, players that didnt even play the qualifiers made the list.
Keshi was one of the most corrupt coach to ever coach Super Eagles. Almost 10 of the players that make that 2014 world cup list where not suppose to be there. They all paid their way to team. We can mention names if you want.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15296) (15297) (15298) (15299) (15300) (15301) (15302) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.