Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11781438 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15374) (15375) (15376) (15377) (15378) (15379) (15380) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2023
lovewins:

And he's a better goal scorer than Boniface. He should rather hope he doesn't get too prolific in front of goal so Boniface can easily get back in the team.

Of course Boniface brings a lot more than he does, but football can be funny sometimes.
The bolded is actually my fears, the Schick guy started one match like that and got an hat trick before half time.

You're right though, Boniface brings more to the team than goals but as long as Leverkusen continues to create chances the way they do, they should manage without him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2023
grin

This thread and wailing sha. Una must fault any list released, even if Nwakali, Orban, Tella, Yusuf made the list, una go still see loopholes. LOL!

Its NOT about packing stars, rather its more about who suit JPes style of play. He is the coach, he knows kinda players he needs to deliver his game plans.

Make una chill and support the team - better or worse. JPes knows his future is in his hand, ain't sure he wanna fail.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Oasis007:
grin

This thread and wailing sha. Una must fault any list released, even if Nwakali, Orban, Tella, Yusuf made the list, una go still see loopholes. LOL!

Its NOT about packing stars, rather its more about who suit JPes style of play. He is the coach, he knows kinda players he needs to deliver his game plans.

Make una chill and support the team - better or worse. JPes knows his future is in his hand, ain't sure he wanna fail.
šŸ‘šŸ¾
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2023
mostob:
Whose slot did Sadiq stole?

I would have used his slot for a midfielder if I am the coach and if the striker is my priority like GBAseiro I will pick Moffi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

Don't know what Ahmed & Sadiq are doing there , have nothing to offer.

Omeruo and Awaziem are expired nothing to offer, have doubts about Zaidu , fast and tenacious but technically poor with no END product and lacks football āš½ intelligence.

Tosin Adarabioyo is available he would have added real quality to that weak CB defence. In midfield I would have gone with two additions of Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, and Nathan Tella ( who can also play midfield)

My wild card invitation would have been the Aston villa England youth international, Tim Iroegbunam. Not getting game time but definitely a top quality prospect that will play for Nigeria as he now out of the limelight.

Cannot understand how the renewed reinvented Chuba Akpom did not make the team šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

But it's all academic the NFF have not failed to disappoint in their selections. It is what it is selection based not on merit .But we have just go with it and hope for the best.

Will we win the AFCON highly unlikely we are not the best team both in players and team cohesion. But we have a very good chance , the ones to watch for me are Senegal and Egypt, but AFCON will always pull some surprises.

You're here saying the bolded is expired if some of Us suggest that a certain Sadiq in Remo Star deserve to be called up over him, you and many others will say Sadiq is Npfl player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

Do you really believe that it's Peseiro doing the selection me, myself & I.ā“ā“

Because I know he absolutely is not the sole decider.

If he's not the decider, the list would have been 27 and Nwakali would have make that list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

Do you really believe that it's Peseiro doing the selection me, myself & I.ā“ā“

Because I know he absolutely is not the sole decider.
Oga kokmne do we now say corruption.Good we are not having local coach we would've been hearing Musa,Sadiq and Ojo paid to make the team.

Charlesemeka said some players made the team through back door and Marjoribank back it up by saying from reliable source but I asked what source?no answer.

Tobi Adepoju a sport journalist expatiated on how Musa and Ekong made the team which showed Peseiro is in charge.

There is nothing suspicious about the list based on previous Peseiro super eagles lists.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:06am On Dec 30, 2023
Tessyy1701:

If he's not the decider, the list would have been 27 and Nwakali would have make that list
The 28 man list Nwakali name was not on the list.It was Terem Moffi,Dele Bashiru and Adeleye......Moffi lost out to Sadiq,Adeleye lost out to Ojo and Bashiru lost out to normal Peseiro five man midfielders.

But I thought either Nwakali or Bashiru should make it and give us more options in the middle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by topsellerpk: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Top 10

1. Qualification Format:
- Understand the qualification format for each tournament. Different confederations and regions may have distinct qualification processes.
2. Team Performance:
- Monitor the performance of national teams in their respective qualifying groups or regions.
- Follow team statistics, player form, and injury updates.
3. Key Matches:
- Highlight crucial matches that could determine qualification. These might include matchups between top teams in a group.
4. Emerging Players:
- Identify emerging talents and breakout players during the qualification period. Young talents often play a significant role in shaping a team's success.

5. Coaching Changes:
- Keep an eye on any coaching changes within national teams. New coaching staff can bring different strategies and dynamics to a team.

6. Upsets and Surprises:
- Be aware of any upsets or surprising results that might impact the standings. Underdog teams can sometimes influence the qualification outcomes.

7. Team Chemistry:
- Consider the team's chemistry and cohesion. Successful teams often have good communication and understanding among players.

8. Venue and Conditions:
- Understand the impact of venue and environmental conditions on teams, especially in regions with extreme climates.
9. Injuries and Suspensions:
- Stay updated on key player injuries and suspensions, as these can significantly influence a team's performance.
10. External Factors:
- Be aware of any external factors such as political or social issues that might affect a team's participation or performance.

For the most current and detailed information on the Road to AFCON 2023 and the 2025 and 2026 World Cup qualifications, I recommend checking https://trendingandblogs..com/

#cup #soccer #world #soccerstars #cups #ball #fans #photooftheday #likeforlike

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2023
Remove Kelechi Nwakali....was never in the picture. JP does not rate him at all.
Damioduso1:
Kelechi Ihenacho is a major doubt for the afcon tournament come January. He pick a muscler injury during Leicester city training before them game yesterday. The striker injury is still be assessed may likely miss afcon if the injury is serious. Jose Pasiero should start thinking of likely replacement now likely replacement for senior man kelz ahead of Afcon

1. Terem Moffi

2. Kelechi Nwakali

3 Fisayo Tom Dele Bashiru

Between this 3 players Jp go choose to replace Senior man kelz if his injury is serious

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2023
quickberry:
grin
most of these journalists are on Musaā€™s payroll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2023
Lower your expectationon on Nwakali...he has not done anythin spectacular beyond what those on the list as done. He was never in the conversation of the 27 man list...JP does not rate him. Mind you JP is Portuguese.
Tessyy1701:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

I would have like to see the quality CB Adarabioyo Tosin, no player currently in or outside of the SE is better than him. He is head and shoulders above all the CB' s we have.

Tim Iroegbunam is one that's currently under the radar, he is not going to displace Douglas Luiz at Villa so has to warm bench. In addition Villa are flying so high right now.

Whats the chance of getting the three Igbo boys in Chelsea Midfield ā“that would be a dream for all three in the SE

I thought Peseiro by now would have talk to those boys but I remember Eguavoen was in Craven Cottage to watch Adarabioyo who bought match day ticket for Eguavoen.

But feeler was like Peseiro doesn't rate Tosin which look somehow cuz have not seen better CB presently in eagles than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2023
jihday:
most of these journalists are on Musaā€™s payroll
Well,recently he bought a house for lady sport journalist Joan Iwuchuckwu,so giving out to journalists is not peculiar to Musa alone,in fact most of these players does it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

I would have like to see the quality CB Adarabioyo Tosin, no player currently in or outside of the SE is better than him. He is head and shoulders above all the CB' s we have.

Tim Iroegbunam is one that's currently under the radar, he is not going to displace Douglas Luiz at Villa so has to warm bench. In addition Villa are flying so high right now.

Whats the chance of getting the three Igbo boys in Chelsea Midfield ā“that would be a dream for all three in the SE

Tosin yet to switch or even accept to play for us. another which I watched yesterday against lazio was Okoli. Kid have developed and good enough to be in the super eagles

Tim isnā€™t yet a regular in villa, likely to be loaned out next month

Chukwuemeka will be tougher to get, Madueke and Lesley may switch to us in the nearest future

Amongst the trio I rate Chukwuemeka more

Another good one who many donā€™t monitor here is Moritz Jenz. He is doing superbly well for bundesliga club Wolfsburg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Tessyy1701:

I would have used his slot for a midfielder if I am the coach and if the striker is my priority like GBAseiro I will pick Moffi.
Yea...I would have gone for another midfielder too but the formation wouldn't allow that. On Moffi vs Sadiq, I think the recent raves gave Sadiq the edge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lookman starts for Atalanta against Lecce. Danish born Dorgu on the bench for the Lecce
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
yinkeys:
Hear me out
Boniface absence at Leverkusen will cost them the title
If I am Boniface I will not go for Afcon
I will go in 2025
Boniface has a chance of winning african best or top 3 if leverkusen wins the Bundesliga
CAF best would most likely come from Afcon winner
We all know Nigeria isnā€™t in the right form to win Afcon plus we donā€™t have a good coach
Winning at Leverkusen is once in a generation opportunity
Not a smart move to go for Afcon 2024
Goodluck though
Hope you guys come back to this post in the future
We have many strikers
Smart career decision
they have a very good striker Patrick who scored a hattrick in their last game

If they don't win the bundesliga it will not be because Boniface went to Afcon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
mostob:
Yea...I would have gone for another midfielder too but the formation wouldn't allow that. On Moffi vs Sadiq, I think the recent raves gave Sadiq the edge.
I will even pick Akor ahead of Moffi base on current form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
humility33:

The technical committee is headed by Equaevon. That man's head is filled with pap. All that he is obsessed with is the 1994 super eagles playing pattern. I won't be surprised if he gave this Pasiero list a nod

One of the problem of the super eagles are the unskilled ex internationals that see managing the super eagles as their birth right

What about the inept, incompetent, clueless even uneducated and I'll informed NFF management officials.

Who see the NFF like a political appointment to chop money šŸ¤‘

I would rather have a former international who is concerned with best quality and national interest. Who probably is already very wealthy than a hungry corrupt NFF official.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Tosin yet to switch or even accept to play for us. another which I watched yesterday against lazio was Okoli. Kid have developed and good enough to be in the super eagles

Tim isnā€™t yet a regular in villa, likely to be loaned out next month

Chukwuemeka will be tougher to get, Madueke and Lesley may switch to us in the nearest future

Amongst the trio I rate Chukwuemeka more

Another good one who many donā€™t monitor here is Moritz Jenz. He is doing superbly well for bundesliga club Wolfsburg

Former, England youth international will NEVER go in the public domain and wash our dirty linen in public.

We say one thing in public but do the opposite in private. l haven't spoken to Tosin but I can easily ask him but from what I'm hearing there has been no invitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kog45:
Oga kokmne do we now say corruption.Good we are not having local coach we would've been hearing Musa,Sadiq and Ojo paid to make the team.

Charlesemeka said some players made the team through back door and Marjoribank back it up by saying from reliable source but I asked what source?no answer.

Tobi Adepoju a sport journalist expatiated on how Musa and Ekong made the team which showed Peseiro is in charge.

There is nothing suspicious about the list based on previous Peseiro super eagles lists.

Dude you may think I'm so far away and out of touch with the NFF.

You are very wrong in that assumption, my dealings have not been in the media but one in one and I can tell you a Leopard šŸ† never changes it's spots .

Nuff said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

Former, England youth international will NEVER go in the public domain and wash our dirty linen in public.

We say one thing in public but do the opposite in private. l haven't spoken to Tosin but I can easily ask him but from what I'm hearing there has been no invitation.
thatā€™s the problem with our football house. Though I heard that Egu had a discussion with Tosin but he said he needed time to decide which I donā€™t know how authentic the news was

With his current form at Fulham the nff and jpes needs to reach out to him once again. The main aim after the afcon should be the assembling/building of a good squad comprised of young talented plus few older and matured heads to form a team that will do well if the team qualifies for the next world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
humility33:

That midfield need players like akpom and alhassan to get the balance

For Musa I will rather integrate him into the back room staff so as to make way for Terem
Oga Akpom is no midfielder. He played in that role during his last season with boro doesnā€™t mean he is one

Iheanacho is even more suited for that role than Akpom. My only problem with Iheanacho is his lack of work rate. If jpes decide to a 3 man midfield formation iwobi will be the undisputed player to man that role perfectly well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
komekn:

I donā€™t even think Tosin needs fifa and the English FAā€™s clearance/authorization to play for us because it seem he didnā€™t play any official game for England youth teams

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
Safe to Conclude that the Recruitment department of NFF is dead or useless. Pinnick did most of it during his time and one wonders how that became the job description of The Nff president. It's like Bubu being Petroleum minister. It also shows that influence should be the top priority of such department.

Whatever any insider wants to say to counter this will not cut it for me. We need to step upper, permit me. Abi na to dey influence invite list dem sabi pass?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lookman scores

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lookman scores

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
What a goal from the edge of the box
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lookman is not a winger to me, but a wing forward or SS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Kog45:
Well,recently he bought a house for lady sport journalist Joan Iwuchuckwu,so giving out to journalists is not peculiar to Musa alone,in fact most these players does it.
from the current Eagles Iā€™m sure Musa and Osimhen dey treat journalists well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:

I donā€™t even think Tosin needs fifa and the English FAā€™s clearance/authorization to play for us because it seem he didnā€™t play any official game for England youth teams
as it stand, Tosin have no interest in playing for us. If heā€™s really interested he will communicate to the whole world without even opening his mouth. These players are better at PR than anything you can think of

(1) (2) (3) ... (15374) (15375) (15376) (15377) (15378) (15379) (15380) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), cromz(m), lovewins, Famocious(m), Joebie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.