Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,479 members, 7,830,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755443 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15390) (15391) (15392) (15393) (15394) (15395) (15396) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03
Joebie:
I need to watch this Tim guy first.

Getting them early increases our talent pool. Doesn’t guarantee they will eventually come good.

I really don't use YouTube videos to assess a player, but it can be indicative of a players style, attributes and make up. So it gives some insights not absolute conclusions on quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnWYuih1AQ?si=1HB--FpO22mO1UVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-aNNc-IFs?si=xzt4Gc8ldhBY2jD8

Put him in the Portuguese league he will be like Pogba and run riot IMO.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03
Reports
Iheanacho is not yet in camp
They are hopeful
Source
Super Eagles on account on X
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03
villagereporter:

Why then do you want a bench warmer in the SE, sir? With no stats and playing time?

First of all none of our midfielders will get on that bench as it stands., to sit next to Tim Iroegbunam.

When Arsenal captain Odegaard was warming bench permanently at Real Madrid, Arsenal paid £30 million for him, he signed on the 27th January 2021, and then three days later he came on against Manchester United.The rest they say is history.

There are benches and there are benches that are almost a badge of honour.

How many first team EPL games had Iwobi played before getting into the SE ❓, I will tell you ZERO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:31pm On Jan 03
chrisooblog:
Quality helps but a top coach will always get the best out of players. Reminds me of what Herve Renard achieved with Zambia in 2012.

Agreed 💯 %, but it works vice versa , A poor,low quality coach lacking ability will get the WORST out of top players and create an inept team with no cohesion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03
Wow, just saw the news. Ndidi out embarassed

Well, since majority of us are not really %100 on Eagles in this tournament, no harm in giving another player a chance.

Who knows??

Just maybe, just maybe.

But worse worse, we go Come house.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03
yinkeys:

We don’t have decent options
Frank is not a natural 4, box to box
Onyedika is not a world class 4

Nobody talking about Fisayo Dele-Bashiru ,with current player's available he should have been on the list.

Alhassan is not on Fisayo level.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 12:38pm On Jan 03
elyte89:

I even want to c dis alhassan yussuf guy…Thesupernerd really rate dis dude so high. 😀

Dude is a great player. He is nicknamed, " Nigeria Kante"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03
komekn:

Nobody talking about Fisayo Dele-Bashiru ,with current player's available he should have been on the list.

they play the same position?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 12:54pm On Jan 03
charlesemeka85:
pairing him with who?🥱

He still had a way to slot in Nwakali like we won't notice

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03
Amedino99:
they play the same position?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03
komekn:

You see why I always say you don't know football?

The coach replaced a DM with a DM and here you're mentioning Fisayo who plays upfront in the midfield and you're evening berating Alhassan not to be on his level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:10pm On Jan 03
komekn:

First of all none of our midfielders will get on that bench as it stands., to sit next to Tim Iroegbunam.

When Arsenal captain Odegaard was warming bench permanently at Real Madrid, Arsenal paid £30 million for him, he signed on the 27th January 2021, and then three days later he came on against Manchester United.The rest they say is history.

There are benches and there are benches that are almost a badge of honour.

How many first team EPL games had Iwobi played before getting into the SE ❓, I will tell you ZERO

You too dey hype rubbish..
So Iwobi, Onyeka, Aribo and Ndidi can't make that Aston Villa midfield, not even the bench?
Thanks to Emery, Aston Villa are looking good this season, but they are still not far from being a mid table team like the ones the core of our midfielders player in..

By your standard and logic, Tim shouldnt be in the conversation for super eagles call up.. he is a bench warmer and also the least paid player in his club...EOD!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03
humility33:

You see why I always say you don't know football?

The coach replaced a DM with a DM and here you're mentioning Fisayo who plays upfront in the midfield and you're evening berating Alhassan not to be on his level

Komekn doesn't hesitate to hide his bias and it's really irritating..

He used to be a known hater of the Turkish league, calling it a retirement league, but suddenly, a Turkish league player is better than a Belgian league player because say na innit boy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03
komekn:

I really don't use YouTube videos to assess a player, but it can be indicative of a players style, attributes and make up. So it gives some insights not absolute conclusions on quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwnWYuih1AQ?si=1HB--FpO22mO1UVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-aNNc-IFs?si=xzt4Gc8ldhBY2jD8

Put him in the Portuguese league he will be like Pogba and run riot IMO.
nawaooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03
Danielnino00:

Komekn doesn't hesitate to hide his bias and it's really irritating..

He used to be a known hater of the Turkish league, calling it a retirement league, but suddenly, a Turkish league player is better than a Belgian league player because say na innit boy

You get am
The way he pass his judgement on players is baffling

If the player is an innit boy or plays in epl and accrue huge wage to him that's the best player

Dude does not even go in details to talk on players qualities and what he brings to the team.

Imagine even using Fisayo to diss a Defensive Midfielder? Who does that?

They don't play same role and moreover Alhassan replaced a DM that is like for like replacement

This year na me and am for this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Jan 03
Bad news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03
Danielnino00:

You too dey hype rubbish..
So Iwobi, Onyeka, Aribo and Ndidi can't make that Aston Villa midfield, not even the bench?
Thanks to Emery, Aston Villa are looking good this season, but they are still not far from being a mid table team like the ones the core of our midfielders player in..

By your standard and logic, Tim shouldnt be in the conversation for super eagles call up.. he is a bench warmer and also the least paid player in his club...EOD!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that bros sometimes dey type like say na only for England dem dey play football

No be this same Tim wey I watch playing for QPR last season? To be honest the boy has potentials but not a super eagles material yet. Also capping him for future purposes isn’t a bad idea

If he is too good as komekn is trying to force us to believe Villa won’t be insisting on selling him after rejecting few loan proposals from championship clubs especially from QPR where the boy played last season

Villa will sell him possibly this Jan window
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:40pm On Jan 03
humility33:

You get am

If the player is an innit boy or plays in epl and accrue huge wage to him that's the best player

Dude does not even go in details to talk on players qualities and what he brings to the team.

They don't play same role and moreover Alhassan replaced a DM that is like for like replacement

oga forget huge wage matter. Na how good a player is na wetin Dey attract big wages no be by sentiment or emotions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:41pm On Jan 03
Daninya33:
If Jpes has listed a 27 man squad with Alhassan Yusuf and Nwakali listed,
With the injuries of Ndidi and Iheanancho, Players like Daga,Moffi,Dele Bashiru would have been given a look in.

Frank Onyeka seems set to play alongside Iwobi in midfield.

If Nigeria does well,it will boil down to the brilliance of the players and not Jpes tactical acumen and brilliance.
Jpes with his outdated 4-4-2 formation

I don't have any expectation for the SE.

If they do well, fine
If they don't,it is expected

NFF is our major problem.

I will rather have Jpes fail to get to the semi finals and then gets fired
Than hay him get to the semifinals and then fails to get us to the world cup.

We don't need such a coach coaching the Super Eagles...
X ray of the MF shows that Iwobi is the only creative spark. Its either iwobi with onyeka or Iwobi & Onyedika. Then if iwobi is removed from the equation nko. Maybe he will throw Boniface into the position. But it won't be a bad idea playing 4:2:3:1. That way Onyedika/Onyeka& Alhassan @ the base with Iwobi @ the tip just like Keshi did. I think this will give us more solidity all round. My thinking tho. This 442 is a recipe for disaster.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:42pm On Jan 03
femianski:

He still had a way to slot in Nwakali like we won't notice
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Them dey nwakali pay roll, if I be nwakali for me not to mk the afcon team I go sack all of them 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03
Daninya33:

Dude is a great player. He is nicknamed, " Nigeria Kante"
yes he is, very similar to Kante and decent on the ball

Against barca and porto in the UCL he impressed me but many were busy hyping Ejike who just Dey dance with ball with zero end product 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Alhassan will be good for the team

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that bros sometimes dey type like say na only for England dem dey play football

No be this same Tim wey I watch playing for QPR last season? To be honest the boy has potentials but not a super eagles material yet. Also capping him for future purposes isn’t a bad idea

If he is too good as komekn is trying to force us to believe Villa won’t be insisting on selling him after rejecting few loan proposals from championship clubs especially from QPR where the boy played last season

Villa will sell him possibly this Jan window

I'm very sure there are dozens of players like Tim scattered across Europe.. Players who get some opportunities for their club senior teams once in a while, but aren't established players . I don't think we should be targeting such players.. we should be looking at the ones who have found stability in decent clubs and leagues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03
humility33:

You get am

Shockingly,he claims to be a football scout or something like that..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03
Danielnino00:

I'm very sure there are dozens of players like Tim scattered across Europe.. Players who get some opportunities for their club senior teams once in a while, but aren't established players . I don't think we should be targeting such players.. we should be looking at the ones who have found stability in decent clubs and leagues.
waiting for them to find stability in their club often times rob us of the chance to hv them. In such cases many of them prefer sticking to their country of birth who would come calling aggressively

I am of the opinion that they should even be lured when they re yet to hit stardom. Earning few minutes to the end of official games won’t hurt but will tie them down to us for life

If we did the same with Eze even when he was with Wimbledon in league 1 or during his first season in the championship with Reading he would hv been ours till date
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:51pm On Jan 03
komekn:

A DM was injured and you want him to be replaced with an AM Question you should ask coach is why he picked only 5MF when he can go with 6 or 7. Fisayo will be an option if either Iwobi or Aribo is ruled out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03
comodo:

A DM was injured and you want him to be replaced with an AM Question you should ask coach is why he picked only 5MF when he can go with 6 or 7. Fisayo will be an option if either Iwobi or Aribo is ruled out.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03
I thought Michael Olise will be in the Algerian afcon team after all the panic and frustration that he is about switching to the desert warriors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03
jihday:
it was like this going to 2013 Afcon , got worse after we drew capeverde who many people have never seen play football in pretournament friendly
It wasn’t like this
We didn’t have a bad coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03
Provoker:
Daka has gone to afcon already. iheanacho has been injured since. Ndidi is actually injured
Those boys plan this thing I swear grin
Dem no wan come
E go pain dem if Nigeria win this trophy but I doubt we can
Poor organisation and team chemistry
Morocco is levels ahead of us in their organisation and preparation
We never took time to solve our goal keeping issue
We don’t create a lot of chances lately
Lacking ideas creatively
If we get bronze it’s definitely by the player’s determination not technical input from coach if you ask me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:03pm On Jan 03
charlesemeka85:
I thought Michael Olise will be in the Algerian afcon team after all the panic and frustration that he is about switching to the desert warriors

Don't mind that one and even Eze with others dem my heart is with the 3lions. Watch how they will switch their heart, liver and kidney after they are not picked for euros.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
Supersport won’t broadcast the Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03
ChrisKels:

Ndidi wasn't there in our last two matches and the mugu that called himself our coach still kept Onyedika on the bench while playing Iwobi as a DM. What a joke this man is.
All I know
Why didn’t he try Ola Aina in the midfield grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15390) (15391) (15392) (15393) (15394) (15395) (15396) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), charlesemeka85(m), DrYa, forgiveness, Joebie, Damioduso1 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.