Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752598 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15415) (15416) (15417) (15418) (15419) (15420) (15421) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:43am On Jan 09
Kog45:
A coach that believed PSL will solve Nigeria goalkeeping issue and we have Christian Nwoke who is better than Uzoho,Okoye and Nwabili but if we talk now na to talk say Nwoke did not have continental experience as if Enyeama had when he made his second cap against England in World Cup.

I just don't know why Peseiro is making things difficult for himself.

This should explain to you why he is not a successful coach. The man is rigid, not smart and barely learn

Even Rohr is better with his conservative style of football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:59am On Jan 09
comodo:
From the time of Aboubacar Titi Camara. Guinea has never been a push over. I heard Ps saying that his MF was over ran. This is just the beginning. Pls can someone just tell the man that not only will his MF be over ran in the tourney but they will also be fatigued and God forbid they get injured in the process.

we don't have robust players in the midfield anymore, this is why it's easy for any African team to beat the Eagles now.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 10:08am On Jan 09
comodo:
From the time of Aboubacar Titi Camara. Guinea has never been a push over. I heard Ps saying that his MF was over ran. This is just the beginning. Pls can someone just tell the man that not only will his MF be over ran in the tourney but they will also be fatigued and God forbid they get injured in the process.
you guys just talk anyhow..he didn't used our A list players for the game And he was experimenting with 343.. even though I know he's not good coach.. if osihmen can help us and be converting half chances..it would cover us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:12am On Jan 09
Goke7:

we don't have robust players in the midfield anymore, this is why it's easy for any African team to beat the Eagles now.

If we can get okocha and Michael essein then we are good
Okocha the skill workshop no man born of a woman can collect the ball from him
Essein the bison he can run all day is strong and can mark anybody.
Nobody can overrun such a midfield

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:15am On Jan 09
MetalJigsaw:
I think he has improved beyond that. If you have seen his games at Antwerp.
improved beyond wetin? No be this same one wey I watch for Antwerp’s ucl matches wey dey dance atilogu with ball?😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:16am On Jan 09
komekn:

Name three please and they should reputable.

I was talking to a reputable journalist from an international acclaimed periodical. He doesn't know the laters name.
Yea... he should name them. And please name this reputable journalist you spoke to and show evidence too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:17am On Jan 09
Sugarboyy:

My brother, them wan use lies kill us for this thread.
Every one of them claiming to have watched players not playing in the top 5 leagues, then you ask yourself, where are the watching these guys?
I have DStv both in my home and my office and DStv doesn't shows league matches except it's from EPL, La liga, Serial A, and the choose important matches in other top countries(mostly Eredivisie) to show on ESPN. This season, DStv has never showed Royal Antwerp match, so where are these guys watching players like Ejuke in a 90min matches when it's not the UCL, EUL or the ECL?
There are some streaming apps that show some leagues outside top 5.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:19am On Jan 09
komekn:

Then why is he still at Royal Antwerp in the Belgium league.

Why didn't Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United see him or na only to get eye .
And why did Bashiru went to Turkey instead of signing for the like Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea? Why is Tim still being benched?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 10:31am On Jan 09
Kog45:
A coach that believed PSL will solve Nigeria goalkeeping issue and we have Christian Nwoke who is better than Uzoho,Okoye and Nwabili but if we talk now na to talk say Nwoke did not have continental experience as if Enyeama had when he made his second cap against England in World Cup.

I just don't know why Peseiro is making things difficult for himself.

And some are/might be supporting him saying Npfl is bad and putting Chan qualification into the mix
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:39am On Jan 09
Sugarboyy:

My brother, them wan use lies kill us for this thread.
Every one of them claiming to have watched players not playing in the top 5 leagues, then you ask yourself, where are the watching these guys?
I have DStv both in my home and my office and DStv doesn't shows league matches except it's from EPL, La liga, Serial A, and the choose important matches in other top countries(mostly Eredivisie) to show on ESPN. This season, DStv has never showed Royal Antwerp match, so where are these guys watching players like Ejuke in a 90min matches when it's not the UCL, EUL or the ECL?
You are not totally correct. I watched Antwerp match vs anderlecht last month on espn match ended 1-1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:41am On Jan 09
komekn:

Then why is he still at Royal Antwerp in the Belgium league.

Why didn't Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United see him or na only to get eye 👀.
this guy knows what he's doing cheesy most of his response are very predictable. I now find them very funny

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:49am On Jan 09
zicky:
this guy knows what he's doing cheesy most of his response are very predictable. I now find them very funny

I don talk am say the guy nor know ball

Na una dey give am attention sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jan 09
comodo:

Abeg bro. Which Antwerp game did u watch this week??
Be like u live in d future. Just Sama me the correct score. Forget wetin I wan use am do.

Typo. Not this week. Recently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:23am On Jan 09
grin grin grin
CornOak:

...And the Ejuke's marketing continues, lol. cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:40am On Jan 09
Bannedlargedx2:

Bro, I am not South American and can’t speak for them. But, ask yourself if you have ever seen Lionel Messi or Cristiano playing street football in Lisbon or Buenos A years after becoming a professional? Or even tweeting unnecessarily and doing skits? If our players want to become revered they must realize that talent/hard work isn’t enough and they must realize that Professionalism, seriousness, dedication is equally as vital as talent if they want to have a career like Cristiano. Ronaldo has shown footballers the blueprint/epitome of longevity and success and it’s up to us to do it

Na only Cr7 and Messi waka come? Ronaldinho? Hulk? Kaka? Suarez? Pele? Forlan? Rodriguez? Eto'o? Weah? Yekini? Should i go on. Cos say those two no dey do am no mean say everyone else go follow body.

I'm just saying your reason no gel. Dazalll!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:46am On Jan 09
humility33:

This should explain to you why he is not a successful coach. The man is rigid, not smart and barely learn

Even Rohr is better with his conservative style of football
Far better bro. By a mile!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:48am On Jan 09
Oboto700:
you guys just talk anyhow..he didn't used our A list players for the game And he was experimenting with 343.. even though I know he's not good coach.. if osihmen can help us and be converting half chances..it would cover us
Even when he Was using 442 what happened?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09
Oboto700:
He didn't used A list players and Guinea used A list players?so Guinea took the match serious than Nigeria?

Even against Lesotho our A list players failed to fly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 12:13pm On Jan 09
mostob:
Argh! See you. JPes was in England for 2 weeks to visit Pep. You see the tactic he is hiding, we call it Odayato in Yoruba.
So you think jpes can win 3 or 4 matches in afcon with any tactic?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09
femicyrus:

So you think jpes can win 3 or 4 matches in afcon with any tactic?
I don't know o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09
I just listened to Peseiro interview after Guinea match.He was talking as if Nigeria played France.Talking about testing different formations and how he was overran in the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 12:44pm On Jan 09
Kog45:
I just listened to Peseiro interview after Guinea match.He was talking as if Nigeria played France.Talking about testing different formations and how he was overran in the midfield.
Does he care about midfield?
A man that can select 20 strikers and 3 goalkeepers for a tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09
Kog45:
He didn't used A list players and Guinea used A list players?so Guinea took the match serious than Nigeria?

Even against Lesotho our A list players failed to fly.

Egbon, we know you have followed Nigerian National team for so long to understand that we don't usually do well in friendlies leading to major tournaments. The result against Guinea has not changed my expectations for this team. It is not about blind patriotism. Forget about the recent set-backs, we know what this team is capable of.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09
Icon4s:

Egbon, we know you have followed Nigerian National team for so long to understand that we don't usually do well in friendlies leading to major tournaments. The result against Guinea has not changed my expectations for this team. It is not about blind patriotism. Forget about the recent set-backs, we know what this team is capable of.
I don't care about Guinea match but about the team build up....US 94 team lost most of their friendlies except Georgia match played in Ibadan but guess what Nigerians knew that they have a team to beat.

Peseiro team is the worst I ever seen in recent times so am not the one to be deceived that eagles don't do well in friendlies.

I followed eagles bumper to bumper since 1980 so friendlies sometimes doesn't tell the outright picture of a team but if we are not doing well in build up to Afcon not world cup then there are issues.

We played Guinea for God sake and the next thing is team A didn't played,what kind of excused,very irritating,so Guinea used team A.

Losing a match is not the end but going back and correct necessary things but telling me about a team that nearly lost to Lesotho can only lose to Guinea with team B....pls is there anything like team A and B in national team going to tournament,each player has a role to play,reason why Onazi and Mba didn't failed when they were introduced as Afcon 2013 progresses.

Chief,pls just go and check Peseiro score card with eagles and you will understand why people are skeptical about the team.Despite having young players popping out with good performance in Europe every week,team still finding it difficult to get their rhythm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09
Kog45:
I don't care about Guinea match but about the team build up....US 94 team lost most of their friendlies except Georgia match played in Ibadan but guess what Nigerians knew that they have a team to beat.

Peseiro team is the worst I ever seen in recent times so am not the one to be deceived that eagles don't do well in friendlies.

I followed eagles bumper to bumper since 1980 so friendlies sometimes doesn't tell the outright picture of a team but if we are not doing well in build up to Afcon not world cup then there are issues.

We played Guinea for God sake and the next thing is team A didn't played,what kind of excused,very irritating,so Guinea used team A.

Losing a match is not the end but going back and correct necessary things but telling me about a team that nearly lost to Lesotho can only lose to Guinea with team B....pls is there anything like team A and B in national team going to tournament,each player has a role to play,reason why Onazi and Mba didn't failed when they were introduced as Afcon 2013 progresses.

I understand boss, I just chose to keep my hopes alive. This is the AFCON and it is the tournament the SE performs best. Some how I still feel this team will turn up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09
Icon4s:

I understand boss, I just chose to keep my hopes alive. This is the AFCON and it is the tournament the SE performs best. Some how I still feel this team will turn up.
Chief,yes we are qualifying from the group no matter what but Nigeria deserves Afcon again....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09
Kog45:
Chief,yes we are qualifying from the group no matter what but Nigeria deserves Afcon again....

Yes, a 4th AFCON title is the target. That is the message to Peseiro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 2:10pm On Jan 09
Icon4s:

Dem go turn up!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:44pm On Jan 09
Iheanacho will be ready according to the coach!

We are set to win this tournament for the 4th time. However, for me we are set to win our 8th trophy (1980, 1988, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013 and 2024?). If you know you know!
komekn:

Name three please ❓ and they should reputable.

I was talking to a reputable journalist from an international acclaimed periodical. He doesn't know the laters name.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:45pm On Jan 09
We will win!!
Icon4s:

Yes, a 4th AFCON title is the target. That is the message to Peseiro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09
Bannedlargedx2:
If you know super eagles of Nigeria history, you will realize that, they perform better when underestimated by fans. For example, prior to Nigeria vs Ivory Coast in 2013, NFF had already prepared keshi sack letter and our players return ticket. We won that tournament
We just dey use all these talk get hope
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 3:06pm On Jan 09
Samueltemi337:
We just dey use all these talk get hope
Not really because if you know our history, you will want us to be underestimated. The moment everyone overhypes or genuinely believe that SE will conquer is when they dissapoint

(1) (2) (3) ... (15415) (15416) (15417) (15418) (15419) (15420) (15421) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dymusty86, quickberry(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.