Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11672686 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15424) (15425) (15426) (15427) (15428) (15429) (15430) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11
Kog45:
Our unique selling point now weakening....never believe Awoniyi and Boniface will not make it,now Sadiq but is Iheanacho fit?if he is not he should just stay away,better to have fit players.
They should call up Dessers and Akor Adams immediately

Even Oshimen is injury prune

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11
Odunayaw:
I have no confidence in him manning the post. But it all falls to Pisseiro
What I mean is he'll most likely be first choice as per Peseiro's relationship with him.

Who knows, perhaps he has that man's nudes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11
Tessyy1701:

Many people will support his stay grin

Same thing we did with Waldrum
please shed more light on the waldrum story. I wasn't following that team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11
damagnificentusb:
with osimhen likely to be the only fit striker available on matchday 1, 'GBESE RE OO' might be forced to play with a 433 formation. A blessing in disguise ??

Alternatively, he (JP) can play a twin attack of Osimhen and Looman (highly unlikely though)

which would you prefer ??
Hmm.. And the Osimhen partnership looks promising.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11
Joebie:
We have plenty good center forwards but we may be starting AFCON with just one. Which kind jinx be that?
*two. You dey forget Moffi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:16pm On Jan 11
ChrisKels:
Sadiq Umar bows out of the AfCon with a knee injury. Can he still be replaced? I think Dessers should be called up asap.
Nawa oo Onuachu called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:18pm On Jan 11
Joebie:
Dem no fear Osimhen before, na now dem come dey fear am. Even as top scorer for qualifiers dem still get belief say dem go out score us. Under this Peseiro na the small teams (I no mean Sรฃo Tomรฉ grade) I dey fear pass.

Ah swear.. once small team decide to park bus and counter we don finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:19pm On Jan 11
MetalJigsaw:
What I mean is he'll most likely be first choice as per Peseiro's relationship with him.

Who knows, perhaps he has that man's nudes.
I get you. For all our sakes I hope proves us all wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:20pm On Jan 11
Onuachu will be replacing Umar Sadiq!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:26pm On Jan 11
First it was Ndidi, then Boniface now Sadiq Umar + an half fit Kelechi Iheanacho.

The team has been seriously depleted no thanks to injuries.

We can only hope for a miracle. Going into the tournament with low expectations.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:27pm On Jan 11
Marjoribanks:
was he in the preliminary squad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11
Marjoribanks:
But I read this morning on own goal that he'll be fine.. Which one be this again.

Just checked: Sadiq is out, Onuachu in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:36pm On Jan 11
Starboytwo:
OK bros, but who do you think wins this afcon, apart from luck playing part. And why??
Honestly, I no know make I no lie. Of course I want Nigeria to win provided JP leaves after the AFCON grin. I predict Senegal, Egypt, Nigeria and the hosts CIV as tournament favorites. Mali is an underdog with a good team that can spring a surprise too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:41pm On Jan 11
MetalJigsaw:
But I read this morning on own goal that he'll be fine.. Which one be this again

Sadiq Umar was just recovering from a year long injury and
is not fully fit.
Our players need to be told they should stop honouring national assignments when
not fully fit.
Now, he has aggravated his injury and complicated his career.
Also, sometimes it is better to concentrate on establishing yourself in your club.
Okoye is actually fit but he is trying to force himself into Udinese first 11 so as to build his talent and that is good.
Another Afcon comes up next year and so they dont have to be desperate for national assingments.
Sadiq Umar has complicated his career and it is sad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11
AndSunGorilla:

Honestly, I no know make I no lie. Of course I want Nigeria to win provided JP leaves after the AFCON grin. I predict Senegal, Egypt, Nigeria and the hosts CIV as tournament favorites. Mali is an underdog with a good team that can spring a surprise too.
No Algeria and Morocco?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11
AndSunGorilla:

Algeria Tunisia and Morocco just they look you ๐Ÿ˜‚

You forgot the north have the best teams in Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:03pm On Jan 11
MetalJigsaw:
No Algeria and Morocco?

Leave that guy make he they play ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:08pm On Jan 11
MetalJigsaw:
No Algeria and Morocco?
Am not betting on Morocco because the North Africans except Egypt haven't won the AFCON outside North African soil in recent time. But yes anything can happen.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 11:15pm On Jan 11
MetalJigsaw:
Its just a rumor bro. He's okay

It has been confirmed that he is out of the tournament.
Someone close told me he is out of the tournament yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11
Daninya33:

It has been confirmed that he is out of the tournament.
Someone close told me he is out of the tournament yesterday.
True.. I read Onuachu has been called up.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:19pm On Jan 11
Peseiro is injured.
shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:41pm On Jan 11
This man should take the cue and use the last 2 slots to call up orban and co abeg. What kind of badluck is this? Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:31am On Jan 12
MetalJigsaw:
True.. I read Onuachu has been called up.
OGN is reporting that Onuachu's availability is subject to his club agreeing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:56am On Jan 12
daveP:
This man should take the cue and use the last 2 slots to call up orban and co abeg. What kind of badluck is this? Smh
How dem go take call Orban when he nor dey 40 man list

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:37am On Jan 12
mostob:
Use YouTube.
All the clips of your innit boys, didn't you pull out their clips from YouTube?

So why didn't he to substantiate his opinion by underpinning it with a video clips.

It's not for me to do that for him.

Or maybe there is not one single clip because nobody has considered his players worthy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:41am On Jan 12
robosky02:
Optimism is good

But

Let's be realistic

What is the update on Kelechi Iheanacho?.

If he's not going to be fit enough for the tournament, why not just bring in Kelechi Nwakali to help add more quality to that midfield?

I think it's an area where we have always struggled to make good impact and an important area for that matter.

We can not afford to leave out a fit player for an unfit player. We need bodies as we speak.

Wetin Nwakali do ?

Even the attack is having issues now

Only Osimhen is fit... And we know injuries can occur

Other attackers nothing

Boniface out
Sadic nursing injury

Moffi yet to arrive camp
Iheanacho battling to be fit

Hmmm

And Nigeria won to win
Even the preparation is wow

How can you create quality from long standing mediocrity and low level ability ,simply impossible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:15am On Jan 12
Starboytwo:
I still never see the team wey go beat us. We have the APOTY in our team.

Any team wey face us must shake.

You dey whine cheesy you nor see Osimhen??
Firstly, We get God for post.

Bassey, Big/strong/agile for back.

Lord knows who for midfield?? But attack is the FIREPOWER.

To be very serious, Iheanacho is the key, I hope he can be fit. Then won-daran .

It has been revealed already.

It has come to this ๐Ÿ˜ฎ, selection by sentiment and past glories not MERIT.

The basis for national team selection is consistent top quality performances in club and league, CURRENTLY.

KC has not made the bench for Leicester City because of injury he is recovering and may declare himself fully fit. But that's a big risk ๐Ÿ˜ž

I said earlier Sadiq had no business being selected to play when there are other players better and also fit and consistent. Look ๐Ÿ™ˆ he has had to back injured after friendly game.

KC will not be match fit in the first place.

Secondly, what is the level of his form. It was declared here that KC ( clinical marksman) is going to destroy the Championship. 20 games later the opposite seems to be the case, Championship ๐Ÿ† is destroying him.

Last season he scored 5 goals and the season before that 4 goals in the EPL , for me that's not good enough to call him the Messiah that will save us.

The NFF need to stop ๐Ÿ›‘ looking for personal deals and select the best players available.

I would look at Chuba Akpom ( 12 games and 6 goals) is not amazing but satisfactory , he also is adapt at playing as a SS. I would get into midfield Fisayo and the attacking options of Tella as well.

We need players in form not struggling for form or coming back from injury,this is a grueling, physically draining tournament your squad depth pivotal for success.

Players like Musa should not be there no passengers needed.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:51am On Jan 12
komekn:

So why didn't he to substantiate his opinion by underpinning it with a video clips.

It's not for me to do that for him.

Or maybe there is not one single clip because nobody has considered his players worthy.
You can help him do that sha. BTW, if he had added clips, you would have said they're not enough to judge both players. Na your way..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:09am On Jan 12
mostob:
You can help him do that sha. BTW, if he had added clips, you would have said they're not enough to judge both players. Na your way..

I have always said you cannot judge conclusively a player from match clips .

However, it can be indicative of attributes when taken in context.

That's why I post match video clips.

However, when a player is not outstanding or has nothing of substance,he will not generate any interest ๐Ÿ˜• and so no video clips will be found๐Ÿ˜ž

For instance a video clip of VO jumping tells us conclusively he has a huge leap, not surprising he scores a lot of headed Goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:20am On Jan 12
Moffi go dey available for first match day abi?
Amedino99:
*two. You dey forget Moffi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:24am On Jan 12
Because dem call am special one you think say he no go recommend just to help he brother. We too mumu o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:26am On Jan 12
komekn:

How can you create quality from long standing mediocrity and low level ability ,simply impossible.
You need to take it easy on Nwakali bro. Dont you think you're being too harsh on him? I mean he's not even as bad as you people claim on here.

This is African football and not the world cup that requires world class players to make impact.

And moreover Nwakali, despite being in the weakest team of the Liga Portugal, has been proving himself to be among the best midfielders in that same league by appearing in team of the week and racking up impressive stats.

Reason am nah bros...

(1) (2) (3) ... (15424) (15425) (15426) (15427) (15428) (15429) (15430) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kingjite1, TheGoodJoe(m), freesinzu(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.