Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11681685 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15452) (15453) (15454) (15455) (15456) (15457) (15458) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:16pm On Jan 14
Samueltemi337:
He already scored one

And when he scores the remaining 2 again cote d'ivoire [b]you will die of heart attac[/b]k

And so will you

We will meet on the other side

And by the way, please i need more tears. Please kindly donate them. I am making eba tonight and I need the hot water from your eyelids

grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 5:16pm On Jan 14
The osimehn guy is low key overrated. Always shouting at his team mates, cannot stay on side and still misses sitters. If he knows what’s good for him, let him not move to England because those pundits will use cutlass chase am comot with such attitude. Even Ronaldo collect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi??
He delivered the goods in the 2nd half.

Me think Alhassan eclipsed everyone in the middle that's why Iwobi didn't get much of the ball.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 5:16pm On Jan 14
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi??

Yes, Iwobi created two very good chances. He was one of our better players, 100%

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:16pm On Jan 14
Blueelf:
Now I can rest

My work here is done for today until the next match

grin grin grin

Lol yeye guy 🤣🤣🤣,we go qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14
Curtisaxel10:

But some people here will fight tooth and nail against the invitation of someone like Nwakali because he plays in the Spanish second division despite the fact that we are in desperate need of creative midfielders.

Dont you know a lot of Nigerians are naturally sense..less. They are filled with bitterness and ignorance. They attack Nwakali because he is loved not because he is a bad player

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:16pm On Jan 14
EG keeper is MOTM according to SofaScore

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:17pm On Jan 14
Good performance just that the team weren’t clinical enough

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:18pm On Jan 14
I am actually surprised at how comfy we were at the back. Nwabali exhumes confidence.

The Super Eagles team has a hallmark of a team which could win this tourney.

The midfield is showing stability (winning and retaining possession).

I pray Alhassan stays fit and Osimhen get his scoring boot on.

I am glad Osimhen is beating the offside trap to create great situations for himself and he could have easily had a hattrick today!

We should not be too hard on Osimhen cos he hasn't played competitively in almost a month.

Osi will be back.

Good job boysss!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:18pm On Jan 14
We will keep saying it. As far as it concerns African football the name of your league is not as important as your ability to fill in the roles needed in the team.

Shey we can see how Alhassan performed.

Igoh Ogbu and Nwakali should be blooded into the team after this tourney.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 5:18pm On Jan 14
Best Players.

1. Alhassan Yusuf
2. Ademola Look man
3. Ola Aina

Worst Players.
1. Sanusi ( by a mile)
2. Moses Simon
3. Osimhen

Player I am disappointed in:
1. Iwobi
2. Chukwyeze
Player that shouldn't start again.
1. Frank Onyeka

We go again.

My prayers is that Alhassan is Fit to play the next game. What a player.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:18pm On Jan 14
Joebie:
EG keeper is MOTM according to SofaScore
Deserved. That should tell you EG escaped by the skin of their teeth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:18pm On Jan 14
Omanambala:

Dont you know a lot of Nigerians are naturally sense..less. They are filled with bitterness and ignorance. They attack Nwakali because he is loved not because he is a bad player

Onye eriri eri

Soon u go start to threaten pple with assassins 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:19pm On Jan 14
One accurate long ball from Ekong was the goal. Many times I have seen players open and the long pass will be wayward. We have Yusuf to thank for keeping the balance in the MF. And for them he is not playing in top 5 league gang, can they STFU. They should count the no of passes these semi pro from malabo made before scoring us. And help me greet the EPL dude for dashing them the ball in a red zone.
For those Nwakali shouldn't come near SE gang. Maybe at the end, we may see the need to get someone that can spread the ball to make the field wider for the opponent.
We move to next game. But did we win the MF battle? I don't think so.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi??

Iwobi was excellent in the midfield today. He gave about two defense-splitting passes to Osimhen and another wonderful pass to Sanusi. He should have had up to three/four assists in this game.

Unfortunately for him, Osimhen forgot his goalscoring boots at home.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14
Bannedlargedx2:
The osimehn guy is low key overrated. Always shouting at his team mates, cannot stay on side and still misses sitters. If he knows what’s good for him, let him not move to England because those pundits will use cutlass chase am comot with such attitude. Even Ronaldo collect

Osimhen is a typical Nigerian. Very emotional and impulsive which affects his movements on the field. He suddenly forgets he is a striker and keep running into office positions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14
robosky02:

The pressure is much on Osimhen
Why play a lone striker when we have so many attacko option
which pressure, he should stand up and take the mantle abeg….
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:20pm On Jan 14
Oasis007:

Poor decisions in the final third ruined us. That Match was winnable by atleast 4goals to 1.
It's just terrible.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:20pm On Jan 14
Al Hass did well but our midfield became more creative with Aribo’s inclusion

My worst players were Simon, Onyeka and zaidu

I pray Al Hass injury won’t keep him out for our next game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:21pm On Jan 14
You are correct. I’m always at the opposing side from most. Although I didn’t watch the game I am beginning to think for once how we started may be a blessing in disguise.

But wait let’s wait to see the second game first. If the defence and midfield ticks, the attack will eventually come good.

mrwilliams9:
Until the tourney finish, I’ll save my assessment. Argentina still won the WC after losing their first match to KSA.

We just need to grow well in this tourney.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mummyson26(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14
mrwilliams9:
Until the tourney finish, I’ll save my assessment. Argentina still won the WC after losing their first match to KSA.

We just need to grow well in this tourney.
Lol. Na dis kind things Zambians fans always write on their football pages
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Psittacus(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14
Omanambala:

Na wa oo. You had to call the whole Nigeria senseless to proof your points. What does that make you?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 5:21pm On Jan 14
Curtisaxel10:

But some people here will fight tooth and nail against the invitation of someone like Nwakali because he plays in the Spanish second division despite the fact that we are in desperate need of creative midfielders.

It makes so sense to me at all. Having a good team is about having the right profile of players across all positions. Is it not Fofana and Kessie that are playing in lower league Saudi but doing well for CIV?

Tournament football is not like league football. Only 7 games to win AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 5:22pm On Jan 14
No creativity from the central areas, we looked clueless building out from the back,
Ola Aina one of the most unserious player, plays with no urgency... well I'll spare osihmen some slack even the best do miss chances, but he can do better
Lookman and yusuf were the ones showing effort today....nothing to say about peseiro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:22pm On Jan 14
Papi85:
Onye eriri eri

Soon u go start to threaten pple with assassins 🤣

A grown man in his 40's shouldn't be this emotional and erratic like you. You have been attacking Nwakali for over 5yrs and he doesn't even know you. You are a me.n.ta.ll.y der. an.ge.d human

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:22pm On Jan 14
Curtisaxel10:

He's playing at a lowly rated chaves that even Enyimba will beat, and more so he's collecting peanut as salary. So - he's not good enough grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:22pm On Jan 14
COOL10:

Iwobi was excellent in the midfield today. He gave about two defense-splitting passes to Osimhen and another wonderful pass to Sanusi. He should have had up to three/four assists in this game.

Unfortunately for him, Osimhen forgot his goalscoring boots at home.

iwobi came to life when Aribo was subbed in. I think both understand their selves better

I believe with more games together Iwobi will adapt to playing with Al Hass

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:22pm On Jan 14
I'm tired of SE, they keep disappointing and we the fans keep expecting some kind of magic in their next match. Just like some say our lack of winning matches before this tournament doesn't matter. Nigeria is a tournament team blah blah blah. Moses abi lookman will turn ronaldo once dy get to Afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14
Psittacus:
Na wa oo. You had to call the whole Nigeria senseless to proof your points. What does that make you?

You have comprehension problems...read again!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14
Papi85:
iwobi came to life when Aribo was subbed in. I think both understand their selves better

I believe with more games together Iwobi will adapt to playing with Al Hass
true talk. I notice the midfielders played better when Aribo came in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:23pm On Jan 14
Small small brother
Omanambala:

A grown man in his 40's shouldn't be this emotional and erratic like you. You have been attacking Nwakali for over 5yrs and he doesn't even know you. You are a me.n.ta.ll.y der. an.ge.d human
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 5:24pm On Jan 14
To be honest we need a central midfielder with the profile of Nwakali, yusuf and onyeka share similar characteristics hustle players, but little use with the ball

(1) (2) (3) ... (15452) (15453) (15454) (15455) (15456) (15457) (15458) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, villagereporter(m), Longneck, Kog45(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.