Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,962 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723664 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15509) (15510) (15511) (15512) (15513) (15514) (15515) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:20am On Jan 19
chrisooblog:
Na normal thing na. Shame no go let them show face until second round. grin

You can't shame God's prophet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:23am On Jan 19
chrisooblog:
Chief it's not that deep.

Yes his trolling can be annoying but it's all banter mostly. No need for the curses.

I almost cursed him and his family

But as God's anointed one, you must be able to withstand persecutions, trials and tribulations
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:23am On Jan 19
ThunderFireAgba:
The Plane that will take Ghana home flying over Andre Ayew oily head. cheesy
grin grin grin Enter ghanaweb and cook this people na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:26am On Jan 19
I hope you guys were entertained yesterday.

On to the next one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:26am On Jan 19
"Iwobi s@xy passes with penetration" tongue grin

Toylove:
Na God talk say I no go die for amokachi hand today with him wack commentary

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:29am On Jan 19
Bannedlargedx2:
Amokachi should realize that, as a commentator, he has to be neutral and unbiased. The amount of time that he openly wished that Nigeria defeated Ivory Coast was nauseating. How can you be saying “today is the day Nigeria will break that jinx” as a commentator? Nigga you’re supposed to be neutral and keep your personal feelings to yourself
Bros why you dey lie now? What Amokachi said was "..... maybe Nigeria will break that JINK"!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:32am On Jan 19
Mujtahida:

I cringed when I heard it. Awful

Lol, he got caught up in the moment, but I did love his bias. To hell with professionalism. 😄
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:32am On Jan 19
Odunayaw:
Ghana is CIV next door neighbour na. Na Marco Polo bus go carry them grin
They can even carry bikes sef... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:34am On Jan 19
Oasis007:
grin

Ayew a Businessman? Trust you haven't cedis coming. Though Ghanaians accra-ing but I still ghana share the news.

Go to their country if you have calculators in abundance, you ghana make hell of a money.
Nice play of word bro... grin grin
Wetin we dey cook here must not waste. Somebody should drop link to their forum.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:34am On Jan 19
Ekong is the first Nigerian player since Yekini to score in 3 consecutive AFCONs. Mr. Consistent cool

minfelix:

its Ekong’s 3rd Afcon goal
2019Afcon Vs SA (corner kick tap in)
2021Afcon Vs Guinea Bissau (rebound from Moses simon spectacular dribble and strike that hit the upright)
2023Afcon Vs CIV(penalty)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:34am On Jan 19
komekn:

I agree with most of what you have said more or less.

However, consider the bold with regards to KC that yo have said.

The basis for national team selection is consistent outstanding top level performances in yoo club and league. Not past glories.

KC has not been able to score more than 5 goals in the the last two seasons in the EPL. He is currently in the Championship it was projected by many here that he would destroy the Championship but it's the other way round now.

KC is just recovering from injury and can not bermatch fit , he is not in form and is off the boil. He should not really be in the squad. He had not been able to teach anybody how it's done in club and league.

It would have better to bring Chuba Akpon and Nathan Tella.
KC is an amazing team player
He doesn’t always have to score
He creates spaces also for his team mates

I just hope they take their chances when we face Senegal or Morocco because we struggle to keep possession of the ball

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 10:36am On Jan 19
komekn:

I agree with most of what you have said more or less.

However, consider the bold with regards to KC that yo have said.

The basis for national team selection is consistent outstanding top level performances in yoo club and league. Not past glories.

KC has not been able to score more than 5 goals in the the last two seasons in the EPL. He is currently in the Championship it was projected by many here that he would destroy the Championship but it's the other way round now.

KC is just recovering from injury and can not bermatch fit , he is not in form and is off the boil. He should not really be in the squad. He had not been able to teach anybody how it's done in club and league.

It would have better to bring Chuba Akpon and Nathan Tella.
Bros, forget consistent outstanding top level performances for club, KC would convert those most of those changes Victor has missed so far.

He has the most clinical ability in this context.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 10:40am On Jan 19

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:40am On Jan 19
He will come good. He hasn't been at his goal scoring best but we can see how impactful his contributions have been. Backing him to get his scoring mojo back against GB.

yinkeys:
I thought world class strikers know where the woodwork is on the pitch without even looking
The clear chances he’s got aren’t even on target, can’t even find the woodwork. It’s ridiculous

I will constructively criticize Osimhen
He has not been lethal in this tournament
Grit & talent has been helping him
He’s not as technically sound as Boniface or Moffi

Osimhen scores difficult & impossible goals, aerial balls but fails to bury clear cut chances
It’s hard to watch when your top 9 isn’t taking clear chances. He doesn’t really have to do much but find the woodworks

Our boy is ballooning balls and can’t even find targets. He should be hitting target with his eyes closed
A decent ground ball against CIV would have gone in
Against EQG he hurriedly took that shot and it went way out of target
Like was the sun & heat really affecting him

He needs to score clear cut chances because our team can’t keep the ball and string 10 or more passes. It could hunt us in the knockout stages.

Chukwueze is playing a selfish game, holding into the ball for too long. I’m only impressed with Lookman upfront.
Maybe the English raised players are more technically sound than Nigerian bred.
Can’t wait for technically sound Iheanacho to get on the pitch to teach these guys how it’s done

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:42am On Jan 19
grin fake prophet you mean.

Blueelf:

You can't shame God's prophet

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:43am On Jan 19
PDPGuy:

Amokachi with another banger 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I laughed so hard when he shouted "that's a penalty; that's a penalty," after he watched the replay of Osimhen getting fouled in the box. 😆

He even had to remind the South African commentator of a similar event in Egypt's match against Mozambique. 😆

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 10:44am On Jan 19
Copied:::::

You don't have to blame the midfield in yesterday game,we played with only two midfielders, onyeka and iwobi, and they were trying to protect the defence that's why iwobi played deeper to support onyeka. The wingers didn't understand the formation, they suppose to play infield to support the striker while our full backs overlap,(that's playing as wingers when we attack) but they didn't do that. I think they will do better in our next match with proper practice if we are to use the same formation again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:46am On Jan 19
chrisooblog:
Chief it's not that deep.

Yes his trolling can be annoying but it's all banter mostly. No need for the curses.

When I saw his reply, I knew then Chief is fed up. Rarely will you see him make such post.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:47am On Jan 19
A defensive masterclass from Peseiro against the Ivorians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 10:53am On Jan 19
William Troost Ekong is a wicked guy
He wanted to murder that CIV goalie
He should be our number one penalty taker
It shows he’s practiced over a million times

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:57am On Jan 19
yinkeys:

KC is an amazing team player
He doesn’t always have to score
He creates spaces also for his team mates

I just hope they take their chances when we face Senegal or Morocco because we struggle to keep possession of the ball

We are not facing Morocco or Senegal now abeg.

I pray they cancel out each other most especially Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:58am On Jan 19
Osimhen's off-the-ball movement is a delight to watch, and one of the qualities that sets him apart.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2pep(m): 11:02am On Jan 19
A lot of folks here faulting Samu, but he had one of his best performance on the pitch yesterday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:03am On Jan 19
CaptainStephen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywi88x6EPkg

See ekong's you tube
Ekong will make a good pundit when he retires

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:03am On Jan 19
ThunderFireAgba:
Copied:::::

You don't have to blame the midfield in yesterday game,we played with only two midfielders, onyeka and iwobi, and they were trying to protect the defence that's why iwobi played deeper to support onyeka. The wingers didn't understand the formation, they suppose to play infield to support the striker while our full backs overlap,(that's playing as wingers when we attack) but they didn't do that. I think they will do better in our next match with proper practice if we are to use the same formation again.
Aptly put!!! But then the formation was a 541 when defending and 343 when attacking. This must have caused a mix-up.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:06am On Jan 19
My observation with the two games I’ve seen
What this means is that if we can’t find Victor Osimhen’s head in games we are not scoring

We are in trouble o
We can’t score in open play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:07am On Jan 19
Bannedlargedx2:

You saw how Senegal dispatched Gambia and Eq dispatched GB that’s how we should dispatch these minors. There are definitely minors in African football don’t be deceived
Cape Verde vs Ghana? Egypt vs Mozambique? The minnows are waking up. Dem no wan gree for any team again.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:13am On Jan 19
Meliforme:
Osimhen's off-the-ball movement is a delight to watch, and one of the qualities that sets him apart.
Yea I agree
He’s no longer Mr. offside
Our boy should just work on clinical finishes with his feet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 11:17am On Jan 19
yinkeys:
William Troost Ekong is a wicked guy
He wanted to murder that CIV goalie
He should be our number one penalty taker
It shows he’s practiced over a million times

He sure practiced penalties a lot to have the calmness and trust of his team mates to take that...in such a tense moment, straight down the pipe..the goalie must make a dive.

Just had a flash back of Gyan vs Uruguay 2010...that was the sort of penalty to take but one needs the calmness to execute.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:20am On Jan 19
I can't wait to have Iheanacho and Iwobi playing together. Iheanacho is going to boss that right half-space and give room to Aina to over-lap and deliver dangerous crosses.

If Osimhen fails to score, even with Iheanacho and Iwobi being right there to feed him those SEXY PENETRATION PASSES, then he needs to be given a seat on the bench. No room for mediocrity in a tournament like the AFCON.

Perhaps, coming on as a substitute will put him in the right state of mind to be more clinical in front of goal.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:30am On Jan 19
chrisooblog:
Ekong is the first Nigerian player since Yekini to score in 3 consecutive AFCONs. Mr. Consistent cool

Yes oo..i really enjoyed the days of onyibo wall, i miss leon balogun in super eagles line up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:40am On Jan 19
caprikon:

He sure practiced penalties a lot to have the calmness and trust of his team mates to take that...in such a tense moment, straight down the pipe..the goalie must make a dive.

Just had a flash back of Gyan vs Uruguay 2010...that was the sort of penalty to take but one needs the calmness to execute.
Joseph Akpeyi was one of super sports studio pundits during the game. He was asked by the anchor after the game how good Ekong is with penalties and he said the PAOK defender is one of the best in training

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15509) (15510) (15511) (15512) (15513) (15514) (15515) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, opes and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.