Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750541 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15561) (15562) (15563) (15564) (15565) (15566) (15567) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:31am On Jan 23
una wicked o.. e fit be our turn next oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:32am On Jan 23
Meliforme:
People that get carried away by little successes might have already gotten what they want, if you are still hungry, won't you be in want for more.
Exactly... Nwabali is hungry for more which is why he made that comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:36am On Jan 23
We wanna see Moffi play abeg 60mins at least
CAF best isn’t clinical or technical enough
Maybe Osimhen will have a rethink & get serious when he comes on second half
That hill the coach wanna die on will cost him this tournament
Anyone misfiring should be taken off temporarily
Lol I hope we exceed r16
Cape Verde, Senegal & countries that can string a lot of passes like Morocco, Egypt will punish us if we fail to convert chances
Coach should bring in people who have something to prove that haven’t played yet

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:41am On Jan 23
comodo:
Consistent top performance in top 5 leagues to d mud.
Jpe's please get a good ball passing MF for us. Even if he is playing in Singapore or India. Enough of this top league nonsense.

They are not good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 5:54am On Jan 23
Samueltemi337:
I know you insulted him when he missed against Argentina in the 2018 world cup

Rest for this talk
Na you go rest after assumptions sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:30am On Jan 23
Bannedlargedx2:

He has been better than chukwueze, and Simon despite missing chances. I will rather moffi to replace chukwueze or Simon let’s play our 2013 formation
Bro we are talking of Africa best player here.. no one expects him to play like chuks or simon but for a striker of his status he has been poor and wasteful. He should be rested or made to come from the bench

He will keep missing chances, he needs some psychological motivation and the break will help

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:45am On Jan 23
EEGA:
Sir, since Osimhen has been wasteful infront of goal and Chukwueze sub par, I think it would be nice to start Iheanacho on the right, as he is the most clinical finisher in our squad.

Lookman plays more like an AML/LSS behind Osimhen, coming into the midfield instead of staying wide.I expect Iheanacho to play similar role (AMR/RSS) on the right.He is expected to play behind Osimhen on the right while coming into the midfield.

Depending on Iheanacho's performance, we can explore the possibility of seeing Moffi on the right as a sub, a position he plays for OGC Nice.

I love our 3-4-3 so far, it made us look compact in defense with the inclusion of Nwabali.We are now looking like a tournament team.

I agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:11am On Jan 23
Marjoribanks:
Ghana with Kudus is unstoppable!

Ghana will definitely win by a large margin!

Ghana has the midfield movement and wingers to win this game.

Kudus Samad/Isshaku and Ashimeru is one of the best midfield you could get in Africa. Fast, technical and can shoot!

Painstail and Semeyon will destroy Mozambique.

How far Ghana?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:14am On Jan 23
daveP:
truly its big lows and big highs. No medium delivery of anything they are offering. Cape Verde will give us big problems, especially with that their sleek transition into boxes. 1 open play goal and from 1 attacker alone shows the other attackers are not offering any bite. Emenike has Ideye. It's time Osimhen gets his own telepathic Ideye if we want to win this.
When Peserio dey play two strikers Na una dey complain
Now Na the same two strikers una dey find again
Wetin una really want sef undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:15am On Jan 23
safarigirl:

Contrary to some of the takes I have seen here, I don't think Osimhen needs to be pulled off, rather, he needs to be partnered up.

There was a pass he gave inside the 18-yard box in that game and nobody was there to receive it, if Kelechi was there, it would have been an easy tap in. Our players lack positioning, the 4th goal EQG scored, was basically from a rebound shot and it was because a player was there to capitalise.

Our team has no such player. I have lost count of how many times I have asked why players are not in positions to poach goals. Their positioning is shit, and people like Chukwueze don't know when to release a pass. Hell, I even saw them dodging a pass. How you go stand, dodge pass? Why will you allow a ball you could have easily kicked into the box, to go into corner?

There is a serious coaching problem with this team and it is clear Peseiros has no idea how to use attackers. You watch how good the attacks are in so many of these AFCON games and it just makes you pissed.

We have not had any decent goal in a tournament filled with spectacular goals. Our play has been lethargic, our attack abysmal and it is 65% a coaching problem.

So na coach go carry Osimhen and the rest leg direct ball go inside post?

There's no coaching problem. Na players dey throway goals.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:26am On Jan 23
So you mean Ghana has not won a single match in two consecutive AFCON tournaments.

Why una dey hide update na grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 7:33am On Jan 23
typicalgamer:

How can we make changes it’s the same staff we have na they can’t change overnight what we have to pray for is for this their scrappy tactics to keep giving us the victory
it’s up to the players to fix the problem. Coach no go follow you enter field.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:33am On Jan 23
charlesemeka85:
It’s high time we get down from our high horses and admit that they re no small teams anymore in African football

Wetin Dey blind many of una here na the caliber of teams/leagues our players play in europe as well as our past glories
Many people didn't have high hopes on the team before the AFCON and that was because they've been seeing what you are just seeing and how the players have failed to jell in the last few months.

I think it is you and Komekn especially should learn better lessons of not using top 5 league to judge players but those that are no longer small teams don't have more than 3 of their players in top 5 leagues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:39am On Jan 23
Nigeria’s likely pathway to the final
R-16 Nig vs Gui/Cam 🤪 (choke and nick them)

Qf Alg/Sa vs Nig (play nonsense and advance)

SF Nig vs CPV/Morocco (humble them🤪and send them away)

Final Nig vs Sen (8-1-1 formation, force them to penalty shootout, and snatch the trophy undeservedly 🤣🤣anyone can now go to court and challenge the result)🤪

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:50am On Jan 23
ChrisKels:

Does this still hold water abi make we face front? grin grin
You no de let bygone be bygone ni?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:51am On Jan 23
Osimhen has to call someone in Naples to send him his scoring boots cos e too dey gba for this tournament. You can't even blame jpes cos we are supposed to be lighting up the tournament with all the chances we have created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:54am On Jan 23
comodo:
Consistent top performance in top 5 leagues to d mud.
Jpe's please get a good ball passing MF for us. Even if he is playing in Singapore or India. Enough of this top league nonsense.
Lol we have an NPFL home based player who gives amazing crosses but was not called up
Top 5 leagues to the mud grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:56am On Jan 23
I’ve forgotten the name of that NPFL wing back that gives amazing crosses
He deserves to be in the super eagles
Na beautiful nonsense foreign boys play against Equitorial Guinea
We love everything foreign in this country
So no home based player is good enough to play
Smh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:59am On Jan 23
minfelix:
Nigeria’s likely pathway to the final
R-16 Nig vs Gui/Cam 🤪 (choke and nick them)

Qf Alg/Sa vs Nig (play nonsense and advance)

SF Nig vs CPV(humble them🤪and send them away)

Final Nig vs Sen (8-1-1 formation, force them to penalty shootout, and snatch the trophy undeservedly 🤣🤣anyone can now go to court and challenge the result)🤪
I think we’d get Cameroon in r16
Hopefully we destroy Onana
If you ask me coach needs to start Moffi, give him a chance for 1 hour

You’ve already written off Egypt & Morocco lol.
Please don’t
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 8:00am On Jan 23
Icon4s:

See, the way this Nigerian team is set up we will give any team in this AFCON headache

Exactly. We are the hardest team to beat. But let us not give our players that impression as they may come out complacent.

Look at our games in the group stage, against EG we played them handsomely but couldn't convert. Then we understood that we need to shove up our defense and believe in our attack that we can seal up wins in whichever way they come. That was what we did in our other two matches.

Last time Senegal played like this in the group stage and won. Rohr played like this in 2019 and even lost his final game to Madagascar but still got the bronze medal. We are slowly and steadily metamorphing..keep the fire up. We are a semi-final team. My only worry is the Algerian side. They seem to play like, if they qualify I hope they meet senegal at some point while we play either of the dark horses in the semi finals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:00am On Jan 23
Buy
Sportilitica:
Hmmm, maybe it is not Osihmen's tournament afterall. Or maybe he needs someone else upfront with him because he is having it really bad. I don't know what others are watching but I would rather play like this and keep winning that play entertaining football and lose.
The team is not playing pretty football but they have 7 points. We were expecting them not to qualify but they have done so.
We need competition in the goalkeeping department.

We have been very LUCKY 🤞🏿if the truth must be told.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:05am On Jan 23
typicalgamer:

Don’t worry we’ll play a night match and Starboy will shine ✨ underneath the stars

Time is running out 😔 the way he consistently goes offside for a player considered to be world 🌍 class is not good.

I hope he knows that having a good tournament will push up his value and vice versa if he does not.The way unknown defenders are regulating him 🤔
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 8:09am On Jan 23
Joezinho:
Trolling aside, I honestly wished Ghana qualified instead of Egypt.

Their group was one hell of a group. From Mozambique that held Egypt and almost got a win, to their comeback against Ghana.

To Cape Verde that got a last-minute win against Ghana and a last-minute equalizer against Egypt.

When Egypt and Ghana met it was another cracker. They played a 2-all. Egypt couldn't beat any team in the group. They played all draws in their matches. While Ghana slipped in their first match and conceded a die-minute goal against Cape Verd, they subsequently played draws in their remaining two games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:12am On Jan 23
typicalgamer:

Alhassan is light years ahead of rapheal onyedicka

Here in lies the paradox , Alhassan is as light as feather and would have been mashed up, bashed and taken out after getting exhausted by the 🔚 of the first half.

On the other Onyedika is an immobile brick🧱wall that has no invention or creativity.

Both of them come with problems 😔and proffer no solutions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:13am On Jan 23
yinkeys:

I think we’d get Cameroon in r16
Hopefully we destroy Onana
If you ask me coach needs to start Moffi, give him a chance for 1 hour

You’ve already written off Egypt & Morocco lol.
Please don’t
Egypt is not in our path…they are in Senegals path🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:13am On Jan 23
humility33:

Bro we are talking of Africa best player here.. no one expects him to play like chuks or simon but for a striker of his status he has been poor and wasteful. He should be rested or made to come from the bench

He will keep missing chances, he needs some psychological motivation and the break will help
The coach gonna die on that hill bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:14am On Jan 23
minfelix:

Egypt and Morocco is not in our path…they are in Senegals path🤣
Oh you’ve checked it all out
We are lucky o
Wow
Getting second is a blessing o
Last time we won we ended up second
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:15am On Jan 23
Realmrsean:
It's not a must women must officiate matches

This referee is the worst I've seen so far in the tournament
That last goal we scored was a pure goal. I just feel the working against us because she made a lot of wrong calls.

That woman is garbage... She practically denied us of our first two goals in one match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 8:16am On Jan 23
Now we can rest cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:16am On Jan 23
minfelix:

Egypt is not in our path…they are in Senegals path🤣
Very funny btw grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:19am On Jan 23
yinkeys:
Jose Peseiro should watch last seasons goals from Osimhen & Napoli, try to setup eagles like that if he wants Osimhen to be on the score sheet regularly
Otherwise bring in Moffi
Chances are not been converted
What is going on
Our wingers aren’t quick enough and can’t even cross
Let natural right footers play from the right and left footers at the left.
Hoping we don’t pay for all the missed chances in the knockout stages
We are playing 5 at the back because the coach doesn’t trust his defense to hold if they play 4 - 3 -3

Aina is a better crosses with his left foot than Zaidu, Bruno on the left and with his right than Moses and Chukwueze.

I am thinking 🤔 that Aina can comfortably play in the midfield, actually I watched him up close and personal play left sided midfield for Hull in the Championship.

For me once again Aina was MOTM for Nigeria his work rate phenomenal. His passing range in this match better than Iwobi.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:27am On Jan 23
charlesemeka85:
u go cry tire
Onye ji onye na ani, ji onwe ya. When MF cannot string 5 consecutive good passes in their own half without giving it back to the opponent. Am not talking of in the opponents half. Their is problem. Sentiments side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15561) (15562) (15563) (15564) (15565) (15566) (15567) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.