Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,087 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780929 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15571) (15572) (15573) (15574) (15575) (15576) (15577) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23
comodo:

Peseiro wants to keep his job. He will ultra defend until he gets to Semis. So brace up guys for Hezbollah football.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 3:43pm On Jan 23
Argentina world cup glory says hi
comodo:

Peseiro wants to keep his job. He will ultra defend until he gets to Semis. So brace up guys for Hezbollah football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23
Oasis007:
cool

Bring Back Nwakali!!!

I can't emphasize it enough how much we need a natural creative midfielders. As it stands we can all agree the SE has no midfielders who can create play. For me it doesn't have to be a Nwakali but we are in desperate need of a midfielder who doesn't panic when defenders opponents press him, doesn't constantly miss passes, doesn't play back pass because he has no vision like Iwobi and his English brother, Aribo.

We need a player who can hold the ball and create play nor run into good spaces to create pressure in the opponents area.

Our performance yesterday was as embarrassing as it was atrocious. Watching SE is very painful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23
charlesemeka85:
Cameroon go win Gambia 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ghana must go 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you people really men this Ghana resentment or its just a mere banter.

Outside Nigeria, Ghana is my most loved soccer team and if course our Cameroonian brothers. I love the pride with which Ghana plays. I love the Black Stars and I can't even pretend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

I can't emphasize it enough how much we need a natural creative midfielders. As it stands we can all agree the SE has no midfielders who can create play. For me it doesn't have to be a Nwakali but we are in desperate need of a midfielder who doesn't panic when defenders opponents press him, doesn't constantly miss passes, doesn't play back pass because he has no vision like Iwobi and his English brother, Aribo.

We need a player who can hold the ball and create play nor run into good spaces to create pressure in the opponents area.

Our performance yesterday was as embarrassing as it was atrocious. Watching SE is very painful
You no go thank God we are not Ivory coast or Ghana?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

you go wait for zidane and iniesta tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23
Sportilitica:
This Nwakali agenda is getting suspicious. Is it that clubs are not seeing what is being seen here. Not sure national team is where you revive your career but rather where you show what you can do.

This type of post is why things get heated up. Some of you write like you Just crawled out of a rock and heard Nwakali for the first time. At least , ask questions if you dont know his current status.

Abeg, rest and enjoy the rubbish SE are playing

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by guobe: 4:00pm On Jan 23
yinkeys:
After the Afcon
We will go back to drawing minnows home and away at the World Cup qualifiers
And probably not qualify with this coach
We are playing negative football as if we are playing big teams
The coach doesn’t trust his defenders to keep a clean sheet that’s why we are playing 5 - 4 - 1 without the ball
Imagine we go Dey draw Lesotho etc
So true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23
femicyrus:

You no go thank God we are not Ivory coast or Ghana?

My prayers yesterday was the we get kicked out to give us a wakeup call and have the useless coach fired. Nigerian with our performance doesn't deserve to be in the tournament. We are playing like bunch or weaklings. No Confidence in the way we play. The only players that play with confidence are Aina ,Lookman, Bassey and Onyeka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23
charlesemeka85:
you go wait for zidane and iniesta tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop being unnecessary goofy. You are not dumb nwokem!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:04pm On Jan 23
dijon:
Haba! Allow this man die before you bury him na.
What kind of mentality is this?.
Please support the whole team(Players and coaches) with prayer and postive energy.
Soar SE
Lets do it again SE
4th Afcon cup loading.
Ok
I hope he starts Moffi next game
And maybe get Iheanacho involved in the tournament
Looks like Musa might never get the chance to play because we are in knockout season
Let’s do it again cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

He understands that this Afcon na cruise grin
Man cannot kill himself like our bredas in Ghana
I believe Ivory Coast luckily qualified for the r16 although not official yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LucyFer: 4:11pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

Do you people really men this Ghana resentment or its just a mere banter.

Outside Nigeria, Ghana is my most loved soccer team and if course our Cameroonian brothers. I love the pride with which Ghana plays. I love the Black Stars and I can't even pretend.
Dey play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LucyFer: 4:13pm On Jan 23
Omanambala:

My prayers yesterday was the we get kicked out to give us a wakeup call and have the useless coach fired. Nigerian with our performance doesn't deserve to be in the tournament. We are playing like bunch or weaklings. No Confidence in the way we play. The only players that play with confidence are Aina ,Lookman, Bassey and Onyeka
Well, we can say your prayers where ignored.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:20pm On Jan 23
forgiveness:

Was there VAR then? Whether Osimhen stood up or not, the VAR referee will still call the referee's attention to that foul.

The same Awoniyi has gone from Bundesliga to EPL since then, and has proven himself after that competition.

Well, he's not in the competition currently, so....

I'm speaking on our options.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:24pm On Jan 23
kentebemoney:

It's not a coaching problem, it is a "decision making" problem.
Truth is, you can't coach "decision" into a player. A fit kelechi playing the role chukwueze is playing would be different.

Osimhen does not have a decision making problem in Napoli, heck, even Iwobi has belted a decent number of goals in Fulham, so, it boggles the mind why they suddenly forget how to play ball when they put on the Nigerian jersey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23
comodo:

grin Mourinho called him ba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:30pm On Jan 23
safarigirl:

Osimhen does not have a decision making problem in Napoli, heck, even Iwobi has belted a decent number of goals in Fulham, so, it boggles the mind why they suddenly forget how to play ball when they put on the Nigerian jersey.

You hit something very strange about this SE...."it boggles the mind why they suddenly forget how to play ball when they put on the Nigerian Jersey"

It very worrisome, dear. But I think the problem is from the state of the country. There is nothing to be prideful about representing Nigeria. These players are not very proud of wearing that Jersey, full stop!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:33pm On Jan 23
They should have won but that is football!
Mujtahida:

How far Ghana?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23
jihday:
many people here don’t watch ball, cos if they do nobody in his right sense will want to start Moffi ahead of Osimhen. Which kain rough play be that?
Ok o
Don’t give other people chance o
Let coach die on that hill
Let him keep missing
If something isn’t working isn’t it smart to try other things
Hell bent on dying on what can take us out of the tournament
Your machine gun is jammed and you’re still hell bent on using it instead of picking up your pistol to shoot at incoming targets. Ok o
I think the coach should give Moffi 60 minutes to see what he can offer in the r16
Maybe Osimhen will have a reset coming from the bench
They are playing 5 - 4 - 1 and not scoring with half chances. This is a cause for worry because if the other team scores first in r16 we’d be in deep ish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:45pm On Jan 23
If he ultra defend to penalties, he doesn't have the players to score pks. A defender being assigned to play our Pk says a lot about how toothless these overrated attackers really are!
I still enjoy watching our 2019 AFCON games. I recorded all our matches so far but could not bear re-watching any of those games.
Our best front 3s playing like that against G Bissau 2nd 11 is a travesty to our football heritage. No more! no less!

Who knows maybe they would pull a 2013 again. Shocking group stage performance but an extraordinary knock out stage performance!! Who knows!! However, none possesses the qualities of VICMO, MIKEL AND EMENIKE.
comodo:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23
How do I tell my grandkids that a team parading the trio of Sangare, Fofana and Kessie are using calculator to determine their fate in a tournament they host? Na wa o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23
kennysville:

We have exhausted this. It all comes down to your opinion. I so knew you were gonna jump like fireman on fire to extinguish any talks of Nwakali. Unfortunately, I wont engage you as you only see what you want to see.
As far as the bolded goes, that kinda describes someone on this platform... Now who is that person again O? Oh yes... It describes you!

You said it's our opinion , actually it's not out opinion it' the simple FACTS.

He earns less than £€2k a week in the worst team in the very lowly lower percentile of the Portuguese league, Chávez FC . That is a cold hard fact.

You are giving your irrelevant emotive sentiment led biased self birthed opinion.

Your know all the players I NEVER talk about in recent times as SE prospects put them into his team and Chavez will be competing in the too 6.

Those players will now look like Ronaldo and Pogba in that league.

The facts is what l presented to you and you dismissed them for your self engineered delusional opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:32pm On Jan 23
yinkeys:

They are playing 5 - 4 - 1 and not scoring with half chances. This is a cause for worry because if the other team scores first in r16 we’d be in deep ish
You guys mouths must be stopped concerning this fib!

What do you mean half chances?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:34pm On Jan 23
Marjoribanks:
If he ultra defend to penalties, he doesn't have the players to score pks. A defender being assigned to play our Pk says a lot about how toothless these overrated attackers really are!
I still enjoy watching our 2019 AFCON games. I recorded all our matches so far but could not bear re-watching any of those games.
Our best front 3s playing like that against G Bissau 2nd 11 is a travesty to our football heritage. No more! no less!

Who knows maybe they would pull a 2013 again. Shocking group stage performance but an extraordinary knock out stage performance!! Who knows!! However, none possesses the qualities of VICMO, MIKEL AND EMENIKE.
You enjoy watching our 2019 AFCON games?

Ah omoooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:38pm On Jan 23
mostob:
How do I tell my grandkids that a team parading the trio of Sangare, Fofana and Kessie are using calculator to determine their fate in a tournament they host? Na wa o
Just tell them that they came to the party with strikers that are as blunt as fowl nyansh. That the MF has to create play and also do the scoring themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 5:40pm On Jan 23
mostob:

tell them you saw terrible things grin unless you go explain tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23
mostob:
You go explain tire grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:43pm On Jan 23
Why is that coaches at the club level can use players like Moffi at the right wing but Jpes only sees a CF in him?

This has been my argument. CFs are forwards. I’ve seen Osimhen even put in crosses during this AFCON on one occasion from the left side. They can be dynamic. Our wingers except Lookman are just a waste of slots.

Play a 3-4-2-1. The two behind the CF are pseudo wingers/ AMs/SSs. This is where the likes is Chuba Akpom could have come in. And we have Iheanacho as well

Modified
And let me clarify even Lookman has not been playing a natural winger role.

jihday:
many people here don’t watch ball, cos if they do nobody in his right sense will want to start Moffi ahead of Osimhen. Which kain rough play be that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23
Odunayaw:
You guys mouths must be stopped concerning this fib!

What do you mean half chances?
11 big chances missed but na half chance Nigerians dey call am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 5:48pm On Jan 23
Bannedlargedx2:

You’re supposed to bring the down with your chest and shoot. Chances like those are what differentiate world class strikers vs good strikers

He should turn to superman, right? The cross was too high to be brought down with the chest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15571) (15572) (15573) (15574) (15575) (15576) (15577) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, bennie1980(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.