Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704932 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15634) (15635) (15636) (15637) (15638) (15639) (15640) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 8:16pm On Jan 28
lexyman:
EG was so unlucky ! although they had a good tournament .

Unlucky with 0 shot on target.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28
mostob:
Same here.. All the northerners must go back home.
grin I want Morocco to humble Amapiano people before they also get humbled by Cape Verde

Badbelle sweet grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28
Highest goal scorer don go house 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/01/28/osimhen-taken-for-random-drug-test-by-caf-after-battling-ram-performance-against-cameroon/

Una never see anything 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dem no know say na God given extra lungs
When him dey run for dangerous road dey sell pure water day & night that time dem no know that time abi
But I knew he’d be tested though
Running like he’s got lungs for 2 humans
Even Emenike no run like that na

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:18pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

Thank God they are out. All this upstarts. Make them dey go house make men play ball.
make them no come pour sand for our garri grin

helped you to complete it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:19pm On Jan 28
mank1234:
Equatorial Guinea left after toping the group. Same way we left last term.
The curse of 9 points

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28
mank1234:

Unlucky with 0 shot on target.

got a red card and missed penalty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:20pm On Jan 28
lexyman:
make them no come pour sand for our garri grin

helped you to complete it
I don't like them at all. Another one is that Cape Verde. Them must go out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28
komekn:

I agree wholeheartedly, excellent contribution to the SE , his position indisputable.

But imagine yourself sitting in front of the HO Recruitment for an EPL club, etc And they will say very good, but how many Goals did he score he is a number 9.

What will you say 😲

Because for every player in consideration there will be 5 others being compared to you.

In all honesty for VO it's not great , however, it becomes insignificant and academic when he get back to Napoli and starts banging in goals plentiful.

If he doesn't the football ⚽ world has a short memory.
Emile Heskey say hi...62 matches and 7 goals.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
the man now know his first team as well as starting 11

All he needs now is just more quality to fortify the bench/reserves as well as to hv more competition for a starters shirt
some people are still saying even if he wins the afcon they should sack him….Nigerians are very proud and its so irritating…i sure die say no coach will come into super eagles and start playing turn Nigeria to overnight mancity or barca…this is africa we must lose, we must draw and lastly we will start getting our winning mojo back.
no coach has come to Nigeria and enjoyed a 100% record
siasia
westerhorf
jo bonfre
bora and so so and so all at a particular time in their managerial career with eagles fumbled and also coached well…Una no jus one lose games na em b the problem…people think Nigeria is the best footballing nation on earth that we should not reason defensive game as an option…just dey tiki taka and dey attack the win all games played…going unbeaten in 1000games
DEY PLAY

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28
komekn:

I agree wholeheartedly, excellent contribution to the SE , his position indisputable.

But imagine yourself sitting in front of the HO Recruitment for an EPL club, etc And they will say very good, but how many Goals did he score he is a number 9.

What will you say 😲

Because for every player in consideration there will be 5 others being compared to you.

In all honesty for VO it's not great , however, it becomes insignificant and academic when he get back to Napoli and starts banging in goals plentiful.

If he doesn't the football ⚽ world has a short memory.
You have a point & this is tournament football not league
It doesn’t matter much
But Komekn he got an assist yesterday na
Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:27pm On Jan 28
Kog45:
Chuckwueze needs a coach to sit him down and say why wasting this special talent.Chuckwueze should be a player to do it.I just don't know what is wrong with him.
He lacks ambition and he's becoming so unserious.

That lack of zeal to improve and mature on his game...

Becoming a bench player both club and country, for a player of his caliber says a lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:27pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

We are growing in the tournament. Our chemistry is cooking

I can't believe what just happened in that Eq Guinea match. This AFCON is....🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Bayo o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
young and good but not half as good as Ogbu is currently but yet to get a chance in the super eagles

Then we lacked decent defenders in europe the reason why keshi had to scout from the local league to unearth Ekwuekwe,Obuabuna and others

If it was of today Omeruo won’t get a chance in this currently super eagles set up so easy

That's if we get that Ogbu. We will need to keep searching sha. Shittu that year. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28
Mujtahida:

I don't like them at all. Another one is that Cape Verde. Them must go out.

but we created so much chances against them , about 13 . scored only one ... i hope the Egypt match will not be boring

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 8:31pm On Jan 28
Umu Congo, what do you have to offer the footballing world?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 8:33pm On Jan 28
3rd division Spanish players don dey go house, while EPL overrated bumps still mount for tourney.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28
daveP:

I can't believe what just happened in that Eq Guinea match. This AFCON is....🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

Bayo o.

Oooooooooo

Splash FM right ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28
Victor Boniface injury was a blessing in disguise.

If not, Peseiro would have sticked to 442 formation.

This 3-4-3 is magical mehn.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
if we meet Morocco dem go chop reach 3

I am not trying to be boastful but based on how they play. This our formation will easily destroy any attack minded team

The teams I believe will be tough nuts for us to crack is Senegal and Cape Verde
See that Cape Verde you people have been talking about. I'll wait for their game against Mouritania before I start rating them...

This is the knocking stage where you get burnt for going all out and paying little attention to your defense.

I just have this feeling they were underrated in the group stage.

If they labour to get past Mauritania then my instincts were correct.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 8:43pm On Jan 28
[quote author=MetalJigsaw post=128173131][/quote]Underrated or overrated?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:48pm On Jan 28
akwesenana:
Underrated or overrated?
Underrated just like Eq Guinea, Mauritania and the likes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Franktom247(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28
If I were Peseiro if I win the cup I go carry am go Portugal grin grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:49pm On Jan 28
Lower your expectations!!! One game at a time. We play Angola next and we need to respect your opponent but not fear them.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:51pm On Jan 28
daveP:

That's if we get that Ogbu. We will need to keep searching sha. Shittu that year. Lol
Ogbu tell u say em wan play for Egypt? 😳

U no even knw who be Igoh ogbu 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:56pm On Jan 28
minfelix:

some people are still saying even if he wins the afcon they should sack him….Nigerians are very proud and its so irritating…i sure die say no coach will come into super eagles and start playing turn Nigeria to overnight mancity or barca…this is africa we must lose, we must draw and lastly we will start getting our winning mojo back.
no coach has come to Nigeria and enjoyed a 100% record
siasia
westerhorf
jo bonfre
bora and so so and so all at a particular time in their managerial career with eagles fumbled and also coached well…Una no jus one lose games na em b the problem…people think Nigeria is the best footballing nation on earth that we should not reason defensive game as an option…just dey tiki taka and dey attack the win all games played…going unbeaten in 1000games
DEY PLAY
my brother wetin u go come talk about the ones here wey wan mk our midfielders turn to prime zizou,Scholes,lampard,gullet,pirlo and iniesta? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na pride and past glory syndrome dey worry them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:56pm On Jan 28
Tolulopefinest:
Victor Boniface injury was a blessing in disguise.

If not, Peseiro would have sticked to 442 formation.

This 3-4-3 is magical mehn.
Ndidi's absence too; Brought Alhassan into the fray and revealed him to us.

Certainly, JP has acquired one more solid option in MF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28
We get midfielders just say una want bellingham, Kroos, pedri, de bruyne, Fernandez to turn to Nigerians overnight 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
MetalJigsaw:
Ndidi's absence too; Brought Alhassan into the fray and revealed him to us.

Certainly, JP has more midfield options.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28
Odunayaw:
grin I want Morocco to humble Amapiano people before they also get humbled by Cape Verde

Badbelle sweet grin grin
grin grin Anyhow sha...both of them must sha go home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28
charlesemeka85:
Nwakali no doubt is a good player but he couldn’t develop the physical aspect of his game

Coaches of this generation no Dey use players with high work rate dey play

The reason u see less talented but robust and physical midfielders moving to good and decent clubs/leagues

Actually what has happened the role of the midfielder,
required multifaceted skill sets to be a top midfielder.

That means work rate should be high, physicality, athletic ability, technicality, skill all with outstanding end product.

You may not have all the attributes but your need a good number of them to get ahead as a top player.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28
Sportilitica:
Lower your expectations!!! One game at a time. We play Angola next and we need to respect your opponent but not fear them.
gang member of “shebi I tell una” spotted 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:00pm On Jan 28
komekn:

Actually what has happened the role of the midfielder,
required multifaceted skill sets to be a top midfielder.

That means work rate should be high, physicality, athletic ability, technicality, skill all with outstanding end product.

You may not have all the attributes but your need a good number of them to get ahead as a top player.

spot on

(1) (2) (3) ... (15634) (15635) (15636) (15637) (15638) (15639) (15640) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), damagnificentusb(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.