Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,369 members, 7,868,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972427 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Ohhhhh.... I see Ndidi is rated as no.9 but hey... no single mention of Rashford.... ouuuucchhhh.... shocked Take that you EPL dollopheads... cheesy

Note: For players with 10 starts or more in 2017 or rather last season.... Nacho only made 5 Starts or so... lol but Rashford made way more than 10 starts and I don't see his name down here... but I see Ndidi.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
if I play as a striker in a side that created lots of chances, I would score goals too.
What really separates the good from the really good is that ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing when the need arises, not being overly dependent on your creative colleagues to create tap in opportunities for you
so, the side Rashford plays for does not create lots of chances? How many has he convertes since it is so easy to score according to you?

Uncle, today is Saturday, go and watch your EPL games and leave our Kelechi for us

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 8:33am On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
so, the side Rashford plays for does not create lots of chances? How many has he convertes since it is so easy to score according to you?

Uncle, today is Saturday, go and watch your EPL games and leave our Kelechi for us
Rashford hardly even plays as a striker for united.

And can you not reply for just once without asking that I pack my bags? grin
Why so much animosity?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:34am On Sep 23, 2017
Please, as far as that L'Equipe list, I want ti ask, why are Dele and Iwobi on an U-21 list? Are they not at least 21?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2017
It was done for players born after 1st January 1996. Iwobi is May 3... even Marco Asensio is January 21. So all are eligible. smiley

safarigirl:
Please, as far as that L'Equipe list, I want ti ask, why are Dele and Iwobi on an U-21 list? Are they not at least 21?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2017
This list is very current . Was just released couple of hours ago.... L'Equipe is another reputable media house. ... their rankings are very recognised. smiley Thanks for sharing....

... kindly put the source biko... wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2017
Can someone plsss tell this pest called PietroRico to stop trolling my comments..... grin

Only people of low intelligence and attention seeking whorish tendencies engage in such... ewwwwww... disgusting.

The guy looks like he may need a lobotomy... cheesy

*Smh*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Can someone plsss tell this pest called PietroRico to stop trolling my comments..... grin

Only people of low intelligence and attention seeking whorish tendencies engage in such... ewwwwww... disgusting.

The guy looks like he may need a lobotomy... cheesy

*Smh*
of course, you would resort to needless name calling and abuses when cornered.
Did l'equipe make a mistake with their very current ranking that is very recognised ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Looolll... even Jesus called the scribes and pharisees what they were... so I am just replicating the gesture cheesy

Harsh but sadly true... sad Run along now Dollophead... your attention seeking is over.

PietroRico:
of course, you would resort to needless name calling and abuses when cornered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2017
Sigh
I won't stoop as low as trading infantile abuses back at you, at least not today.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2017
Ohhh but you stooped as way low as you did yesterday (or rather hours ago) didn't you Dollophead? grin

You started the ruckus and insults now you chickening out... cheesy Coward!

Take your leave and pack your baggages with you... lol

I am done talking to a neanderthalic Dollophead who cannot see past European flavors of the EPL in soccer analysis. Try your hands at something else. Analysis is not for you. You are so limited in views and understanding of the beautiful game. Ciao.

PietroRico:
Sigh
I won't stoop as low as trading infantile abuses back at you, at least not today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2017

Hi Dollophead.... Plsss stay off my mentions. Thank You. smiley

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
if I play as a striker in a side that created lots of chances, I would score goals too.
What really separates the good from the really good is that ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and create something out of nothing when the need arises, not being overly dependent on your creative colleagues to create tap in opportunities for you

You will score goals but different strikers have different conversion rates. Some players can get lots of clean chances and waste them. While some convert chances easily repeatedly.

The creating something out of nothing depends on the team's playing style. In a team with an expansive offensive strategy, taking the chances is more important than individual battles.

That is why I preach concerning looking at the team's playing style.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01am On Sep 23, 2017
This Olosunde of a guy has been in the news for Man Utd's U-23s often... a prospect to look at perhaps sometime later? Time will tell....

Manchester United Confirm Nigerian Right Back Has Suffered Serious Injury

Nigerian right-back Matthew Olosunde sustained an injury as Manchester United were beaten 2-1 by Derby County in a Premier League 2 encounter at Leigh Sports Village Stadium on Friday night.

The defender went down in a lot of pain before he was substituted just before the end of the first half.

In their official match report , Manchester United confirmed that Olosunde was taken off on a stretcher at the end of the first half and the injury looked a serious one.

Prior to the defender's substitution, he put up an impressive display and made a crucial block to deny Offrande Zanzala from scoring.

Olosunde's injury is a serious blow to his ambition of making his debut for Manchester United's first team, having traveled for the Premier League games against Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur last season.

Nigerian-born midfielder Tosin Kehinde put in a full shift against Derby County, who paraded Scotland international Ikechi Anya.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : manutd.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24735
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2017
Loogan:
Good morning house,
Contrary to the belief that iheanacho would not come good in liecester city playing system, I think it will help make him a better player.
Wev seen iheanacho in a tiki take system and he has excelled at a very young age, what guardiola percieved he lacked like WORK RATE, TEAM WORK this two are the literally what liecester city are all about.
In this generation been able to adapt to different playing system is a thing, it would only help iheanacho and his career going forward if he Has insane workrate, good team work, discipline, and vast tactical knowledge. That is what liecester can offer and I think it will benefit his game and give him more personality as a player and most importantly make him a more rounded player.
He has the talent and determination so it's really no problem for me because I know he will succeed.

Nice read until you equated Leicester to tactical knowledge. It is more strategic than tactical.

I agree the work ethic especially tracking back to defend and running up the field can improve Iheanacho. I hope and think a year with Guardiola gave him the right guidance for a possessive system. Let us see how it goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PietroRico(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You will score goals but different strikers have different conversion rates. Some players can get lots of clean chances and waste them. While some convert chances easily repeatedly.

The creating something out of nothing depends on the team's playing style. In a team with an expansive offensive strategy, taking the chances is more important than individual battles.

That is why I preach concerning looking at the team's playing style.
time for a more mature discourse.
I'm sure you have watched the game long enough to know there will be times when the ability to come up with that moment of magic can make all the difference.
A much younger KC looked like a player that would develop along this line.
Only God knows what exactly happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhh but you stooped as way low as you did yesterday (or rather hours ago) didn't you Dollophead? grin

You started the ruckus and insults now you chickening out... cheesy Coward!

Take your leave and pack your baggages with you... lol

I am done talking to a neanderthalic Dollophead who cannot see past European flavors of the EPL in soccer analysis. Try your hands at something else. Analysis is not for you. You are so limited in views and understanding of the beautiful game. Ciao.

Please, reduce the abuses. Even though we disagree on some issues, we share a common goal which is seeing the Super Eagles Fly high.

Even if others insult you, try not to respond with an insult. You know you are one of the devoted ones that keeps this thread soaring.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico for the last time I warn you... stop strolling my comments... Use or forge your own words... smiley

Is this as low-brained as you get that you cannot use your own words? cheesy This is the final mention I will ever give of you... Just don't cross my path next time. I am the wrong guy to pick a battle of words with especially seeing how you began the insults with your degrading words from yesterday... (which everyone saw).

Next time... know who you wanna cross before taking the leap. Ciao Dollophead. wink

Back to the Super Eagles. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2017
PietroRico:
time for a more mature discourse.
I'm sure you have watched the game long enough to know there will be times when the ability to come up with that moment of magic can make all the difference.
A much younger KC looked like a player that would develop along this line.
Only God knows what exactly happened

Nothing happened. People just mistake dropping on the bench means either the player is not good anymore. It was not long when Nacho scored two brilliant goals that had to do with his individual ability. The one he dribbled the keeper and the other from wide when he received a pass from the corner side.

Keep in mind, playing as an attack midfielder gives the player more room to handle the ball and make right choices. Upfront, the pressure calls for quick decisions and incisive play.

Nacho also looked brilliant playing behind the striker for the Super Eagles too. The talent is there. With the right run of games and offensive strategy will see Nacho soaring.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhhhh.... I see Ndidi is rated as no.9 but hey... no single mention of Rashford.... ouuuucchhhh.... shocked Take that you EPL dollopheads... cheesy

Note: For players with 10 starts or more in 2017 or rather last season.... Nacho only made 5 Starts or so... lol but Rashford made way more than 10 starts and I don't see his name down here... but I see Ndidi.... grin

Very fine post. Stunned with Mbappe's rating. Means the young man is on his way to becoming a phenomenon. By the way, who is the Malcolm there. Big props to Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2017
Plsss Sir GoodJoe when you make this comment in bold italics, plsss discard the EPL apologists and fanboys of the European section coz they got no business whatsoever with or have a care in the world about what happens to the Progress of the Super Eagles and our other beloved national teams.

All they care about is Their Obsessive Euro Club Allegiances which have made them so nonsensically monotonous and pathetically predictable in analysis.

I tried to keep myself from using very extreme villainous terms on the fella but you all saw when he insulted my intellect and person... he even quoted you in one of such... lol... I just had to put the silly one in his place coz you cannot just walk in here and throw jabs to the house and expect not to be jabbed back or beaten down low. We are Civil here but we also know how to use the Sword for Silly ones like him if need be.

Even Jesus couldn't resist calling the hypocritical pharisees and scribes what they were... "brood of vipers". So No Ill feelings from me... just calling a spade a spade.

But in all... I get you Sir TheGoodJoe... you don't have to worry about a thing. smiley

TheGoodJoe:

Please, reduce the abuses. Even though we disagree on some issues, we share a common goal which is seeing the Super Eagles Fly high.

Even if others insult you, try not to respond with an insult. You know you are one of the devoted ones that keeps this thread soaring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18am On Sep 23, 2017
See Enes Unal on the list. He is another City player who left with a buy back clause. Nice one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2017
The complete L'Equipe list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Watch out for Malcolm...that kid is a gem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Plsss Sir GoodJoe when you make this comment in bold italics, plsss discard the EPL apologists and fanboys of the European section coz they got no business whatsoever with or have a care in the world about what happens to the Progress of the Super Eagles and our other beloved national teams.

All they care about is Their Obsessive Euro Club Allegiances which have made them so nonsensically monotonous and pathetically predictable in analysis.

I tried to keep myself from using very extreme villainous terms on the fella but you all saw when he insulted my intellect and person... he even quoted you in one of such... lol... I just had to put the silly one in his place coz you cannot just walk in here and throw jabs to the house and expect not to be jabbed back or beaten down low. We are Civil here but we also know how to use the Sword for Silly ones like him if need be.

Even Jesus couldn't resist calling the hypocritical pharisees and scribes what they were... "brood of vipers". So No Ill feelings from me... just calling a spade a spade.

But in all... I get you Sir TheGoodJoe... you don't have to worry about a thing. smiley

Sheath your sword young Ninja. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, I welcome the competition. Origi can can play wide. If Osimhen hits the right form, he can still make a play. The playing time is not where the development is but behind the scenes. I am more concerned with Osimhen's playing time and he can develop faster studying Origi who I also consider quality.

Well he could do but Origi is not that Older than him but has progressed way further. In all honesty Osimhen bus still essentially a youth player living on past glories.

He now has to prove his mettle or go on loan.

Do you really think they will change the team strategy to fit in Osimhen and put Origi wide for Osimhen to go down the middle.

Osimhen is now struggling get into the squad talk less about even the bench. how he got invited to the SE is beyond baffling to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:27am On Sep 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What is important is, is the quality there? That is why Wenger could go for Henry who was a flop at Juventus and converted him into one of the best forwards in the history of football. Football careers of lots of players have crests and troughs.

You deviate from the main substance of my question.

How do those statistics equate to KC being a top 4 striker in the EPL, come on that's ludicrous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Even World class L'Equipe just recently (many hours ago) listed Nacho as no.29 in the Roll call of the finest and best 50 U-21s on the planet despite all these talks of "History" and "Good as your last game" by you. wink

The truth is that Nacho got both the Stats and the Quality. Class is permanent Sir. Nacho is class and Quality yet still growing in the game. Period.

Only Six Players of African nations made the L'Equipe roll call... players I rate among the very best youngsters in the world of football and also among the leading Elite young players in African football....

- Franck Kessie (CIV and AC Milan) @no.18

- Amadou Diawara (Guinea and Napoli) @no.24

- Alex Iwobi (Nigeria and Arsenal) @no.25

- Kelechi Iheanacho (Nigeria and Leicester City) @no.29

- Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria and Leicester City) @no.36

- Andre Onana (Cameroon and Ajax Amsterdam) @no.49

Kelechi is the best young Striker/forward/Attacker on the African Continent right now... according to L'Equipe and also according to UK Telegraph who released theirs few months or several weeks back. #Fact
The Quality is there and very huge Sir Komekn... and you know it. wink

There is huge disparity from your proposition that KC is among the top 4 strikers in the EPL.

You are changing the goal posts.

Nobody is disputing his quality and potential. However you claimed he is one of the top four strikers in the EPL, that is totally misleading.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Joebie:
Did any of them turn down Rohr's overtures initially?

One of them mentioned the administrative problems NFF have (think it was that Felix kid if I'm not mistaken).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2017
komekn:

You deviate from the main substance of my question.

How do those statistics equate to KC being a top 4 striker in the EPL, come on that's ludicrous.

No one said top striker in the EPL. The term was deadly, clinical striker in the EPL. That has to do with his brilliant ability to convert chances. Even Guardiola pointed it out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2017
komekn:

Well he could do but Origi is not that Older than him but has progressed way further. In all honesty Osimhen bus still essentially a youth player living on past glories.

He now has to prove his mettle or go on loan.

Do you really think they will change the team strategy to fit in Osimhen and put Origi wide for Osimhen to go down the middle.

Osimhen is now struggling get into the squad talk less about even the bench. how he got invited to the SE is beyond baffling to me.

Squad, bench is not the criteria. The criteria is improving and he will. Stop the past glory talk. We are talking of a young player here. It is not past glory. The term is ability. Osimhen has shown his ability.

If you think ability, you will reason more in formative years and not bench or squad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2017
What do you think of this dude? Christian Pavon. Too impressed with what I am seeing.
cc: TheSuperNerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af32ULzyXIQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bigblangston, Provalker, superbloke(m), cc12(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.