Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11701618 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15706) (15707) (15708) (15709) (15710) (15711) (15712) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:04pm On Feb 03
bisqit:
the one way pain me pass na that ogbuke miss against greece. Aiyegbeni own no pain me passam

That ogbuke na werey. Also his useless cut-in against Korea followed by a useless shot when Kanu was open and available for a tap-in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03
I don adopt this Elijah Adebayo grin

We were born on the same day. Crusade to cap tie him begins now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:07pm On Feb 03
What is this?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

akwesenana:
He's not 'the most' but he's definitely 'one of the most'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:07pm On Feb 03
Omanambala:

Onyeka is playing a different role from Iwobi. Iwobi's job is to control the game which comes with being efficient with passes. Onyeka is playing defensive midfield and back to back midfield. Iwobi was removed because after the first half he was spent and became a liability to the team. Onyeka held that midfield and controlled it after Iwobi was removed.

In case, you haven't noticed, Onyeka has stamped his influence and authority in that team. He is very key and almost irreplaceable in that team. Perhaps, his quiet nature isn't helping him.

I watched him deliver long and short accurate passes. He bossed that midfield yesterday. I think you guys have a preference for Iwobi for some reasons.

Onyeka is the spine of this squad!

Mazi do u really know football at all?

Iwobi is iireeplacable in that team. He connects the midfield and attack. Maybe when we get either of Eze or Olise then we can bench Iwobi that if they adapt to africa football

Iwobi fluid passes and football intelligence is uncommon. If u have any problem with him...That's fine but when it comes to the super eagles...give him his flowers

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:07pm On Feb 03
ChrisKels:
A brace for Nathan Tella. If Musa get sense, he should retire after this AFcon especially if we win the trophy.

It is Nathan Tella time.

If chuks is not careful, he will be forced to retired early. Make he dey zuzu. Boys when go take him shirt plenty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03
ChrisKels:
Maybe we go check out this Adebayo boy against Argentina
also tella, Folorunsho, Ogbu and Toru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03
Odunayaw:
I don adopt this Elijah Adebayo grin

We were born on the same day. Crusade to cap tie him begins now

Pasiero is not that good in scouting players like Rohr. He barely can scout Nigeria Players abroad....That's one of his biggest problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03
humility33:

Mazi do u really know football at all?

Iwobi is iireeplacable in that team. He connects the midfield and attack. Maybe when we get either of Eze or Olise then we can bench Iwobi that if they adapt to africa football

Iwobi fluid passes and football intelligence is uncommon. If u have any problem with him...That's fine but when it comes to the super eagles...give him his flowers
person wey suppose odinala forum I no knw wetin em dey find for football forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03
humility33:

Pasiero is not that good in scouting players like Rohr. He barely can scout Nigeria Players abroad....That's one of his biggest problem.
EPL doesn't need scouting. Their media will do it for him.

Let the boy just keep scoring.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03
Oh because you are on the coaching staff.

Look here, Akwafina abi na wetin be your name sef...

Osimhen has no one in this team who will replace him comfortably. Not Moffi. Not Onuachu and certainly not Iheanacho. Osimhen's energy and presence up top is insane. None of our other CFs has or brings that.

akwesenana:
Maybe English is not your first language.

What I mean is that he's one of the players the coaching staff wouldn't fret about if he's unavailable. Another is Sanusi.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03
PK to Mali 🇲🇱
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03
TheSuperNerd:

Osimhen has no one in this team who will replace him comfortably. No Moffi. Not Onuachu and certainly not Iheanacho. Osimhen's energy and presence up top is insane. None of our other CFs has or brings that.

Akwafina 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why re you this “wucked” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03
charlesemeka85:
person wey suppose odinala forum I no knw wetin em dey find for football forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just weak. Onyeka is a CDM and CM. Not an attacking midfielder. Why compare him with Iwobi

If he compare Iwobi with Aribo I will understand...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 6:12pm On Feb 03
TheSuperNerd:
Curtis, did you just tag Osimhen the most easily replaceable player in this Super Eagles 343 first XI?? Are you being serious?

Sure, I did. Did you watch Moffi's games this season? Can you tell me that with such a player, we would miss Osimhen a lot if Osimhen got injured?

Of course they are two different players so don't come and compare their speed and jump. But with Moffi's strengths in terms of ball tenacity, decision making, offside awareness/ positioning, accurate shooting, etc, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Osimhen was unavailable. And then there is Iheanacho, another potential CF.

Osimhen is highly replaceable, Sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03
Odunayaw:

Bro we need to cap this British guys that has Canadian or any of the EU country citizenship.

We need to be fast too and not let this guys keep doing their thing without calling them up. How I wish someone can be drawing Pasiero attention to this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Feb 03
Let him know!

Emmy450:
let me make this clear for you,. Nobody, absolutely no one, can do what osimhen does for the eagles,

The power,the pace, the strength the resilience.

Osimhen draws two to three players to himself thereby opening spaces for players like lookman to score goals..

So rest this matter..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 6:13pm On Feb 03
Offside is correct call
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03
Curtisaxel17:

Sure, I did. Did you watch Moffi's games this season? Can you tell me that with such a player, we would miss Osimhen a lot if Osimhen got injured?

Of course they are two different players so don't come and compare their speed and jump. But with Moffi's strengths in terms of ball tenacity, decision making, offside awareness/ positioning, accurate shooting, etc, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Osimhen was unavailable. And then there is Iheanacho, another potential CF.

I am not really happy with Pasiero not giving Moffi a playtime even if it is 10Mins. I understand sha the man has never won a laurel in all his coaching career sha. This is the first time...So he is trying to stick to his lucky team and subs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03
Odunayaw:

at this point he deserves a chance. Same goes to Osho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03
humility33:

Bro we need to cap this British guys that has Canadian or any of the EU country citizenship.

We need to be fast too and not let this guys keep doing their thing without calling them up. How I wish someone can be drawing Pasiero attention to this.
This Elijah doesn't have any other country option sha.

Na that MF I de find
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03
I have watched Moffi a lot more than you have and he doesn't have that presence and pressing power compared to Osimhen. The question should be whether you have been watching this Afcon second for second at all to see how insane Osimhen's interpretation of the CF role in this 343 system is.

Moffi isnt that guy bruv and i rate Moffi. Even Moffi knows this... He refers to Osimhen as "Victor 'Bloody' Osimhen".

Curtisaxel17:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:15pm On Feb 03
PK to mali finally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bisqit: 6:15pm On Feb 03
Joezinho:

That ogbuke na werey. Also his useless cut-in against Korea followed by a useless shot when Kanu was open and available for a tap-in.
i remember when he blasted our very first chance off target against argentina. The first ever shot on goal in the match from either team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03
CIV are cursed with PK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 6:16pm On Feb 03
TheSuperNerd:

Osimhen has no one in this team who will replace him comfortably. Not Moffi. Not Onuachu and certainly not Iheanacho. Osimhen's energy and presence up top is insane. None of our other CFs has or brings that.

And how many goals has this "energy and presence" provided? I think we are the least scoring side in the competition at this stage, with the highest number of big chances missed. A striker's job is to score, not to be present and energetic.

It was in AFCON 2019 that Ighalo was banging in goals left and right even without any "energy and presence". That wasn't too long ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03
These Ivorians are just too physical. They can't play football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03
PK saved
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03
Mali don miss pk 😳
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03
Without Osimhen's "energy and presence", we would play penalties vs Cameroun and probably crash out. Fact.

Ighalo is not even better than Osimhen.

Curtisaxel17:

And how many goals has this "energy and presence" provided? I think we are the least scoring side in the competition at this stage. A striker's job is to score, not to be present and energetic.

It was in AFCON 2019 that Ighalo was banging in goals left and right even without any "energy and presence". That wasn't too long ago.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03
TheSuperNerd:
I have watched Moffi a lot more than you have and he doesn't have that presence and pressing power compared to Osimhen. The question should be whether you have been watching this Afcon second for second at all to see how insane Osimhen's interpretation of the CF role in this 343 system is.

Moffi isnt that guy bruv and i rate Moffi. Even Moffi knows this... He refers to Osimhen as "Victor 'Bloody' Osimhen".

🔥🔥👍👍👍
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:18pm On Feb 03
These Malians serious so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 6:19pm On Feb 03
TheSuperNerd:
Without Osimhen's energy and presence, we would play penalties vs Cameroun and probably crash out. Fact.

The way we played penalties and crashed out against them when we met in AFCON 2019 without Osimhen, right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15706) (15707) (15708) (15709) (15710) (15711) (15712) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lordofstrings, kingphilip(m), Hanibal(m), Theben(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.