Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,399 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692679 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15723) (15724) (15725) (15726) (15727) (15728) (15729) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04
codemaniacs:

C:AF president is from South Africa so expect SA to be favoured and also expect Super Eagles to have at least 1 red card same way Super Falcons got 2 red cards in their semi-final match against Morocco.
If Na so then South Africa for they win AFCON every time undecided

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04
yinkeys:
South Africa and Ivory Coast frighten me
Are you for real??

Yall dont lose any sleep with southy. They cannot escape the trashing.

I don't see anyone that can handle osimhen in that defense. We never even talk luqman.

As for ivory coast. We beat them before. We beat them again. They are not special.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04
Osimhen & Moffi leg never touch ball
We Dey semifinals grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04
Blueelf:

Oga, at this point, let them have him. He is making Super Eagles games to be too close for comfort abeg

If una like, make una insult me. Na una way be that

Someone dropped a post here how the SE have created the lost big chances of any team despite not even playing an attacking style of football and psimhen as SE top 9 can only convert 1 yet Nigerians should just keep quiet and.manage it like that. Omo make una rest!!

Even Drogba would not play this bad for a long stretch of games. You think if he continues like this, even Chelsea would want him? Dey play grin grin cheesy

I won't take you serious because you're a fair weather fan. At a point I thought you're Ghanaian.

How many goals did Giroud score when France won world cup? Was he not their number 9?
Even the last goal Lookmn score HD his signature. All the defenders were rushing to goal line with him while Lookmn attacked the space.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04
ChrisKels:

I dun remove am because na unnecessary distraction for now but after the tournament I will call Omanbala’s attention to it

When they win they tournament and state governors are honoring players from their state, we will know which state each player belongs to.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:47pm On Feb 04
Like you said no be dem fault. Shebi the times Osimhen wasn't available we were playing great football beating teams left right and center scoring plenty goals na!

Emmy450:
osimhen??

Omo you guys are very very ungrateful.
Every other African side would wish for a player of his caliber,. That is who most of you here are trash talking!!

No be una fault I swear

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:58pm On Feb 04
Curtisaxel17:

Wahala o. I never knew he was both a striker and a center back.
Why is this simple statement difficult for you guys to grasp. One of the reasons not the only reason.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 6:07pm On Feb 04
South Africans Coach has dropped same punch πŸ₯Š line and verse the Angolan coach dropped …. He said we have qualities and identify Osimhen & Lookman as main strength but said we have a weakness he will utilize come Wednesday 🀣🀣

Pls tell him to take some lessons from Angola πŸ‡¦πŸ‡΄ wey scrutinize & analyze our whole team but had a disappointing end 🀣🀣

Victory all the way oh LORD πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 6:24pm On Feb 04
chrisooblog:
Like you said no be dem fault. Shebi the times Osimhen wasn't available we were playing great football beating teams left right and center scoring plenty goals na!

Yes we were. Last AFCON. We played sweet sexy football and smashed all the teams in our group with ease. Without Osimhen.

We would have beaten Tunisia too had Okoye not had his moment of madness.

Check all the games we fumbled recently or struggled to score. Whether against Ghana or our loss to Guinea Bissau in Abuja. Osimhen played.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04
Emmy450:
Another clip of Nwanbali saving a penalty in the South African league.

https://twitter.com/therealdankoli/status/1753137897874629106?t=Ihf7jFmHaFpzWG2FrmMZ9w&s=19

If the game drag's on until penalty shootout,. (I don't see that happening tho) I believe we're good.
Penalty shootout is 90% luck oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04
Mujtahida:

It's all risk. If Osimhen is subbed off 70 minutes, and the opposition scores or drags us to extra time, it will be dicey. That's why we need to bury our chances

Better to have a fresh James Milner on the pitch than an exhausted/injured Messi.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 6:32pm On Feb 04
drDoom3:

Better to have a fresh James Milner on the pitch than an exhausted/injured Messi.

You get sense. Reminds me of the 2019 UCL Final. Kane was unfit and had no business playing that final over a fresh and in-form Lucas Moura.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:33pm On Feb 04
Samueltemi337:

I said this before the AFCON started

But charlesemeka85 and kog45 way nor Sabi watch ball dey argue

Ekong is like Maguire. Good in a team that prioritizes defending. Have him try to play the ball out of the back or generate an attack and you are asking for trouble. That is why he looks good in this team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04
Mujtahida:

And that's what tiki taka is. Denying your opponent the ball is negative football. My style of football is Klopp, Ancellotti, Jupp Heynckes, Pellegrini. So you think tiki taka is positive football? Chai
Denying your opponent ball is negative football?
How do you all come up with this reverse psychology song?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04
Moniter0:
This is undoubtedly the ideal formation for the Super Eagles this AFCON. Simon can come on in the second half whenever the team is leading and wants to defend from the front.
Iheanacho can create chances and also score when presented with the opportunity. And can also combine well with Iwobi and lookman for Victor to benefit.

Our playing style right now requires the two wingers to be fast, dynamic dribblers and pressers with good stamina. Only Moses Simon and Lookman fit that criteria.

I understand Iheanacho for creativity but his off the ball work is too poor to start in this system. The creativity comes from Iwobi and Nacho cannot play that role.

However I think he should come on earlier as a sub.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04
MetalJigsaw:
90% luck?, LMAO.

Four penalty saves out of five is also 90% luck??.. he also went the right direction for the one he didn't save..

If penalties are 90% luck, then why do players train and device strategy to come out as winners?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:47pm On Feb 04
Ok.

Curtisaxel17:

Yes we were. Last AFCON. We played sweet sexy football and smashed all the teams in our group with ease. Without Osimhen.

Check all the games we fumbled recently or struggled to score. Whether against Ghana or our loss to Guinea Bissau in Abuja. Osimhen played.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:48pm On Feb 04
Curtisaxel17:

so we are fumbling now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by talk2docee: 6:49pm On Feb 04
You can say that again boss! Reason because all eyes are on him .... I hope we know that two three defenders are always on him each time he is with the ball! That guy is a threat to any defence on the field.... His presence on the field alone is a plus for our team...

Abeg make una leave Osimhen abeg!!!

maidaboi:
Oga Osimhen is one of the reasons why we don't concede much

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 7:09pm On Feb 04
Moniter0:
This is undoubtedly the ideal formation for the Super Eagles this AFCON. Simon can come on in the second half whenever the team is leading and wants to defend from the front.
Iheanacho can create chances and also score when presented with the opportunity. And can also combine well with Iwobi and lookman for Victor to benefit.

Jpes would not bench Moses for KC. Know that and know peace. But the formation is good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04
drDoom3:

Ekong is like Maguire. Good in a team that prioritizes defending. Have him try to play the ball out of the back or generate an attack and you are asking for trouble. That is why he looks good in this team.
Ekong is very good at brining the ball out from the defense.

I wonder how una Dey watch ball sometimes

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 7:30pm On Feb 04
Some analysis I read here are scary & hazardous 😫

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:35pm On Feb 04
charlesemeka85:
Ekong is very good at brining the ball out from the defense.

I wonder how una Dey watch ball sometimes

Me sef I shock
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kris(m): 7:41pm On Feb 04
What he said is so funny and dumb! The whole point of football is denying your opponent the ball, and then scoring.
No matter what tactics you use. There is no tactics where you pass the ball to your opponent, this is not tennis or volleyball.

DarkJeddi:
Denying your opponent ball is negative football?
How do you all come up with this reverse psychology song?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04
bisqit:
Eguavon picked players based on form at club level. What are you telling me

Then why did he pick a player from the Segunda Division that was anonymous and doing nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:48pm On Feb 04
codemaniacs:

SE has not been toothless in attack Ademola Lookman has been scoring goals.

SE is not a one man team.

This is Lookman's tournament to shine and Lookman is shining..

The pain of Ghana crashing out is still peppering you grin grin

I'm not Ghanaian. I'm full blooded Nigerian

Ghanaian exiting is actually fun for me

Osimhen should be leading the attack

Imagine if osimhen was not firing blanks?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:49pm On Feb 04
Odunayaw:
I never know wetin de delude you that this dust you yarn get any weight anywhere. Abi na because them de mention you? grin

As you kon mention me nko, wetin make I do

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:50pm On Feb 04
Curtisaxel17:

Trust me, them no go fit reply you unless them wan type bullshit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:53pm On Feb 04
MetalJigsaw:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 04
Osimhen will and must score against South Africa.

Theres nobody will hold him in that team. Who? Mention the guy let's see his stats.

From what ive seen or heard, southy best player is their keeper. Something is fundamentally wrong with your team if your keeper is your star.

It's not only osimhen. They'd have to battle Bassey and Ekong at the back. Onyeka in the middle, luqman and osimhen forward.

I doubt if southy can beat Cameroon.
I doubt if southy can outplay Angola.
Heck, I doubt if southy can beat Equatorial Guinea one on one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:57pm On Feb 04
Blueelf:

As you kon mention me nko, wetin make I do

grin grin
You see say I mention you to de follow you use talk cook stone?

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15723) (15724) (15725) (15726) (15727) (15728) (15729) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, ThanosKilla(m), Philosopher1979, mostob(m), BankyGee(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.