Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758699 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15732) (15733) (15734) (15735) (15736) (15737) (15738) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05
Blueheff, Afogbef, gustard, etc...

Osimhen see them here. Beer parlor analysts.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:41pm On Feb 05
Mujtahida:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw08qHL8EU4?si=SCWbkSjc_F5-gDSA
Make una Enjoy Ghanaian analysis

See people wey sabi wetin Osimhen brings to the table but shukushushaka analysts here thinks otherwise. grin

Even mentioned Moses and Lookman understanding themselves but someone here wants us to play Iheanacho.

Don't get me wrong, Iheanacho is good but let us continue like this until he's needed.

He warmed up the other day but didn't come in.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:41pm On Feb 05
kennysville:

Am sure it wasnt too long ago that we drew 2 world cup qualifiers. Wasnt too long ago that we played a lot of friendlies under this our anointed coach as you make him out to be. Just before the Afcon, we sabi how our blood pressure was like. We know how much of low expectation we placed on this same team led by Peseiro. How we have so soon forgotten. Abi those chapters didnt exist ni? So suddenly we are coasting now and the Coach Peseiro is the best thing since sliced bread?

Lastly on the 2nd bolded, I stated my point which is plain and simple. There is no saltiness in what I said. If thats your idea of making a jibe, well its all good. Time will tell.

My point remains that Super eagles should not be complacent just because it's the Bafana bafana we are playing. We said a lot of stuff before the Ghana matches too. How we were gonna annihilate them. but we all know how it played out.
Finito!!!

copyright TheGoodJoe .... (All rights reserved 2013)
I have to remind you again that reason I quoted your post was your worry about not being able to come from being a goal down.

Can we just stay on that? That's the only thing I didn't agree with on your post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:42pm On Feb 05
Oboto700:
which fact...are they not following the games? Some people are just bitter
Truly, Osimhen do miss chances. If they opine for him to be dropped based on this, it is valid. Personally, I don't want him to be dropped because the only thing he is doing wrong is missing chances. That is because none of the other forwards can offer other aspects of his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:43pm On Feb 05
ThunderFireAgba:
Guys South Africans don come o cheesy grin cheesy

see wetin Grammys don cause ba grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Feb 05
Joebie:
Which one be Grace of God again? haha. And u dey question person mentality lol

Against injury. Abi no bi by Grace of God you sey breath?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05
mostob:
Truly, Osimhen do miss chances. If they opine for him to be dropped based on this, it is valid. Personally, I don't want him to be dropped because the only thing he is doing wrong is missing chances. That is because none of the other forwards can offer other aspects of his game.
Yes he's missing chances but the fear factor he carries alone is what has been helping us so far

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 7:46pm On Feb 05
BankyGee:

Some people dey actually craze.

Make we bench Osimhen. In the semifinal of a major tournament.

After he's scored an equaliser, assisted a winner, forced an own goal that was a winner, and won the penalty for another winner.

The only goal you can say his presence didn't show was Lookman's second against Cameroon and even when he isn't scoring or assisting, he's hassling people and winning duels, or he's an asset when we're defending set pieces.

When we're defending he's basically our only outlet in this 541 formation. When we're attacking he's our outball.

Make we bench Osimhen ke? Ah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 7:47pm On Feb 05
Mujtahida:

So the bolded is your reason? Accolades? What sort of childish thinking is this?

So you are not seeing that the front three have forged a chemistry out of the fire of practical on-field football? You think those things are guaranteed abi? Na wa for una. So they should just put Moffi to see what Moffi can do?
Let's play Paul Onuachu and Francis Uzoho to deceive our opponents, they have prepared for Osimhen and Nwabali.

We can play Zaidu in midfield and Onyeka at centre back too, to finish work with unpredictability

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:50pm On Feb 05
BankyGee:

Good bless Osimhen. He is a team player. Not those selfish predictable irritating players. lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:53pm On Feb 05
Na still Grace of God even for Uzoho not to collect injury.

forgiveness:

Against injury. Abi no bi by Grace of God you sey breath?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05
BankyGee:

Dem no get sense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05
kennysville:

Am sure it wasnt too long ago that we drew 2 world cup qualifiers. Wasnt too long ago that we played a lot of friendlies under this our anointed coach as you make him out to be. Just before the Afcon, we sabi how our blood pressure was like. We know how much of low expectation we placed on this same team led by Peseiro. How we have so soon forgotten. Abi those chapters didnt exist ni? So suddenly we are coasting now and the Coach Peseiro is the best thing since sliced bread?

Lastly on the 2nd bolded, I stated my point which is plain and simple. There is no saltiness in what I said. If thats your idea of making a jibe, well its all good. Time will tell.

My point remains that Super eagles should not be complacent just because it's the Bafana bafana we are playing. We said a lot of stuff before the Ghana matches too. How we were gonna annihilate them. but we all know how it played out.
Finito!!!

The reason why we drew those 2 matches most especially against Zimbabwe was because of Uzoho

Uzoho plans was to cost us the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05
Unlimited22:

Some people dey actually craze.

Make we bench Osimhen. In the semifinal of a major tournament.

After he's scored an equaliser, assisted a winner, forced an own goal that was a winner, and won the penalty for another winner.

The only goal you can say his presence didn't show was Lookman's second against Cameroon and even when he isn't scoring or assisting, he's hassling people and winning duels, or he's an asset when we're defending set pieces.

When we're defending he's basically our only outlet in this 541 formation. When we're attacking he's our outball.

Make we bench Osimhen ke? Ah
I don talk am say many strong men dey this thread, how they're still dragging this bench Osimhen issue is still surprising to me. Leave those kpako analysts to say what they want, even if they meet Peseiro face to face and tell him, he won't bench VO9...

Like VO9 posted after the Angola game: Talk is cheap...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05
kennysville:

Finito!!!

shut up. Because a student was once a bad student..so if such is now excellent we shouldn't tell him Weldon? Go and sit down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 7:59pm On Feb 05
MetalJigsaw:
You seem to not understand his input.

I do understand his point. All I’m saying is I want us to beat SA in AFCON and in WCQ, both legs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:59pm On Feb 05
forgiveness:

See people wey sabi wetin Osimhen brings to the table but shukushushaka analysts here thinks otherwise. grin

Even mentioned Moses and Lookman understanding themselves but someone here wants us to play Iheanacho.

Don't get me wrong, Iheanacho is good but let us continue like this until he's needed.

He warmed up the other day but didn't come in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elw70_ogAfo?si=SLdZBOEShOaUiDby

Abeg watch this one. Omo, na only for here I dey see people dey suggest to not play Osimhen. I like exchange of ideas devoid of insults but this oboto700 wey dey yab una, him get wetin him see cos Mehn, I weak

Do they know what a talisman means?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:03pm On Feb 05
komekn:

Stopped being OTT and overcome with emotive sentiment.

Moffi is not underperforming in his league and club and neither is VO.

The striker's primary responsibility is to score anything else is an advantage. VO is struggling to score, Moffi should be given a chance to show what he can do .

At least for the first half and if he scores them he stays and takes the accolades.

As it stands AFCON defender have got VO marked and he is struggling to score one goal in 5 games is not good for him or the SE.

You'll be a terrible coach sha u don't go start Moffi at a time like this even though I want him to play. He should be the magic sub instead

Moffi should only come in for Oshimen like in the last 20 minutes not Onauchu.

Oshimen should start but the game should end with Moffi or Musa if we are chasing a counter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05
Oboto700:
shut up. Because a student was once a bad student..so if such is now excellent we shouldn't tell him Weldon? Go and sit down

U go get power for real life sha

See the way u dey insult people for faceless forum
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 8:09pm On Feb 05
humility33:

U go get power for real life sha

See the way u dey insult people for faceless forum
wish I can see them... honestly.. some Nigerians are just waiting for the downfall of our team.. what has the coach done wrong? I was one of those asking for his sack before this tournament.. but he has proved me wrong.. shouldn't we be praying and supporting them as they are on the verge of winning it? Why the negativ energy? Look at how osihmen is playing his hearth out... Look at the passion from the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05
The Ketekete Effect

Coined from the legendary poetic song of Chief Ebenezer "chief commander" Obey about trying to please people.

Those of you clamoring for Osimhen to be benched will be the 1st to drag everyone including Finidi George if Nigeria doesn't win this game.

So let the fear factor continue rather than loss of momentum.

Do your best and leave the rest, as you can't please people

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05
ThunderFireAgba:
Guys South Africans don come o cheesy grin cheesy
see how opponent fans dey confident. If na here, na your fellow Nigerians go tell you say you deh brag too much.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 8:12pm On Feb 05
Goke7:

This is laughable and not a mature point. Nigeria is not the only footballing nation in Africa. If you're indeed the best team in a tournament with the best of quality players your chances are higher with exceptions of biased refereeing and other factors. A semi-final finish especially now in a 24 nation-tournament will always be a big deal. You guys should relax, the NFF that gave Paseiro a semi-final target knows this.

Yes, we are a big soccer-playing nation in Africa but we've never been the best and that's a fact. How many times have we won the CAF Champions League, what's the state of your local league for you to have won Afcon 10 times?

1. I disagree that the point is laughable. Celebrating just getting to the SFs should not be enough. Remember, only 2 of 16 SF appearances were when the tourney was expanded to 24 teams. Prior to that, it is was when the tournament was 8/16 teams.

2. Nigeria should be going into every AFCON with the expectation to win. That’s what big nations with expectations do! Brazil will never go into a WC just targeting to reach the SFs.

3. We are big footballing nation but we have to now have a winners mindset. No other nation has been the SFs more than we have, shows we are good enough to reach the final four, but it seems to be a disconnect in converting that into titles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:23pm On Feb 05
Oboto700:
oboto means greatness in my dialect

That was why I said you should change your moniker because you ain't worthy of that name, considering your manner of approach.

You are rather an obote than an oboto
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05
Amedino99:
see how opponent fans dey confident. If na here, na your fellow Nigerians go tell you say you deh brag too much.
In fact en!

That's how ekuke blueelf will be talking as if nairaland posts is the reason we'd win or lose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:24pm On Feb 05
Oboto700:

Telling people to shut up doesnt make your light shine brighter. Change the way you think. oh and by the way, have some class while you are at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:26pm On Feb 05
forgiveness:

Moses is not good but he won motm twice, habi!?

Na only your eyes you see Moses is not good offensively to peg back the SA fullback.

So, it's Iheanacho that can peg back full back. I thought you said we are not using wingers.

Do you think I didn't see your post before you modified? grin

Olodo tactician. grin

Before I modified? Dude are you on some kinda cheap drugs?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05
kennysville:

Telling people to shut up doesnt make your light shine brighter. Change the way you think. oh and by the way, have some class while you are at it.
it better to remain silence than talk people down..are these boys not trying?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05
BankyGee:

Osimhen is a striker and he needs to score for his own record ,reputation and confidence. Defending is not his duty.....he needs to score !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05
Once Nigerians don like you, forget 😂
I followed Stanley Nwabali on Instagram after our first game against EQG and he was on 6K followers and following 8k 😂

I've been watching his followers grow after each game and now he's on 42K, he don even use 3hrs unfollow 5K people, people no safe for safe hands hands again 😂

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05
Omanambala:

Osimhen is a striker and he needs to score for his own record ,reputation and confidence. Defending is not his duty.....he needs to score !
Olivier Giroud, Russia 2018 says hi... Go and collect his reputation and his World Cup sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:39pm On Feb 05
mrwilliams9:

1. I disagree that the point is laughable. Celebrating just getting to the SFs should not be enough. Remember, only 2 of 16 SF appearances were when the tourney was expanded to 24 teams. Prior to that, it is was when the tournament was 8/16 teams.

2. Nigeria should be going into every AFCON with the expectation to win. That’s what big nations with expectations do! Brazil will never go into a WC just targeting to reach the SFs.

3. We are big footballing nation but we have to now have a winners mindset. No other nation has been the SFs more than we have, shows we are good enough to reach the final four, but it seems to be a disconnect in converting that into titles

If you’re better than the other teams you’ll win but if the other teams have more exceptional players than you that come to the party than your own players how will you win? In 2019 we fell to exceptional play of Algeria’s mahrez, In 2000 in the afcon we came from behind twice in the final to level with a Cameroonian team that parades eto, mboma, Vivian foe, rigobert song you wan try? In 1992 we fell to exceptional brilliance to Ghana Abedi Pele and co. No emotions if you’re good you’re good.

That no Nigerian striker has surpassed Late Yekini’ goals record shows the quality of strikers Nigeria has been producing over the years. The Brazil you’re talking about when last did they win the World Cup? even surpass quarterfinal when? Your expectations will be limited by the quality of players you parade as against other competitors.

We have a big chance now because nations with exceptional players that can really give us headaches have already exited the competition. It’s what it is, motivation talk don’t win competitions you got to be better indeed than your rivals

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15732) (15733) (15734) (15735) (15736) (15737) (15738) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, dymusty86, kennysville(m), Koboko99(m), KpagoGIN(m), chuks404 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.