Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11714752 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15738) (15739) (15740) (15741) (15742) (15743) (15744) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:31pm On Feb 06
Based on JPes? You sef no fit look players judge for yourself? Even diff coaches have their preferences. Yeye logic.
mostob:
You seem to forget that Onuachu is in Ivory coast due to injury Sadiq sustained before the tourney. I think you have your answer already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:32pm On Feb 06
Basco check my opinions on Sadiq on this thread. It’s all on record.

BascoVanVeli:

This is unfair. U don't have to do Sadiq like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:32pm On Feb 06
Amedino99:
osimhen has two disallowed goals, 6 big chances missed. There is no way you can look at these stats and your conclusion is that he has been subdued by defenders.its almost as if you have not watched him during this tournament.

What's the purpose of a defender ❓To stop you from scoring essentially, the question ⁉️ is have they succeeded. 1 goal 🥅 in 5 games , what do you think 🧐
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:33pm On Feb 06
I’m an objective fan. Yes I’m a FAN.. I want us to win the AFCON and get better as a squad to challenge for the highest prize. I don’t praise mediocrity.

dijon:
Joebie no 1 enemy masquerading like a true fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06
Kog45:
Simon Moses is Nigeria best player so far.....have watched Nigeria Angola three times and there was one particular moment Simon sprinted back to recover ball that Sanusi lost,very impressive.

For me it's been Aina and Ademola , VO and then Moses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:34pm On Feb 06
I’m judging his performance. That’s all. I speak on the areas he is doing well, and also where he is failing. Is that simple.

Mod
And let me correct you, I’ve been on his case when he was even given the job 😂

dijon:
You have a very wicked agenda against the coach. You have been on his case from the world cup qualifying and till this moment you have not desist from your subtle jabs.
Brother, the train has left the train station since oooo...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:36pm On Feb 06
People who tell lies are even worse than the “I told u so” crew. What’s taking you long to dig my post?

Mod
My predictions have been made since before Angola.
🇦🇴 .
Mujtahida:

No be only cook, na done. You predict abi you no predict? No be you be predictor?

Oya predict our match tomorrow for me 😜😜

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06
Danielnino00:

Those who wanted Osimhen dropped might have just gotten their wish...

I don't think anybody wanted him dropped.

But it was clear he was sweating blood and tears and running relentlessly and burning himself out because he never gives up

It's not surprising that he has had an abdominal muscles strain. He had over worked, coaching staff needed to manage him much better .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06
talk2docee:

So is it at this stage... The coach should be making 'try and error'? what are friendly matches and group matches meant for?
Osimhen is not injured, you want to bring in Moffi? All because he has not scored more goals as a striker? He contributed to all the goals scored in this tournament! Abeg make una leave that guy! He remains a threat to opposing teams...

I repeat if Osimhen does not start that match against South Africa... Then let's forget finals!

I disagree the little I've seen of Moffi he has trickery,skill and yet still strong not too fast but fast enough. He will be an unknown quantity.

Right now everyone knows VO and how he plays and over prepare for him . I think with Moffi they will be a bit confused 😕 as to how to deal with he has the element of Surprise I also expect him to be HIGHLY MOTIVATED.

I don't by any stretch of the imagination think he is better than VO but he is unpredictably different. That might work to our advantage.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06
EEGA:
Aribo has been on the bench for most games this season.

He only started the 4 games b4 the AFCON.

In the last AFCON, he assisted Iheanacho's goal against Egypt.

Peseiro while defending the performance of his players said"Iheanacho and Aribo have not had enough game time this season".

You can check the link below

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2024/02/06/peseiro-admits-super-eagles-not-creating-enough-chances-without-iheanacho/
so why play him ahead of Onyedika, that my ish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:44pm On Feb 06
EEGA:
We should forget the trophy if anything happens to VO9.

These your other strikers can't play under this system.

Iwobi plays a defensive role(DLP), in this set up.

You will need to change our formation and tactics if you are to start other strikers.

Other Strikers will not be able to score against SA in this current set-up, not forgetting the game against SA in Uyo where Iheanacho started and we were beaten 2-0.

Morocco could not even score this SA team.

You expect Moffi or Iheanacho who will be needing a totally different set-up, with about 2 creative midfielders to be able to score to start.

These other Strikers are not anywhere close to Osimhen.They won't even be able to give an "A" game in this set up.

KC I feel should not be in the team he's not match fit and is not in form. But Moffi is the unknown quantity waiting to prove many of you wrong.

If Moffi starts he should score two at least.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:45pm On Feb 06
EEGA:
No no no, if you are removing Onyeka the best bet is Yusuf.
Bro yusuf was already in that game against Angola, he came in for iwobi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06
BascoVanVeli:

This is unfair. U don't have to do Sadiq like that.
😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:51pm On Feb 06
The purpose of the bench is to enable u switch up things when necessary. If you have only one set up as a coach, then you are damn rigid. If our team can’t perform without Osimhen (as you are suggesting) then the problem is the coach. Because anything can happen to any player any given time.

EEGA:
We should forget the trophy if anything happens to VO9.

These your other strikers can't play under this system.

Iwobi plays a defensive role(DLP), in this set up.

You will need to change our formation and tactics if you are to start other strikers.

Other Strikers will not be able to score against SA in this current set-up, not forgetting the game against SA in Uyo where Iheanacho started and we were beaten 2-0.

Morocco could not even score this SA team.

You expect Moffi or Iheanacho who will be needing a totally different set-up, with about 2 creative midfielders to be able to score to start.

These other Strikers are not anywhere close to Osimhen.They won't even be able to give an "A" game in this set up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:52pm On Feb 06
mostob:
You seem to forget that Onuachu is in Ivory coast due to injury Sadiq sustained before the tourney. I think you have your answer already
You forget that Sadiq inclusion generated debate among fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:56pm On Feb 06
Leave the guy. No be uproar make us dey see Nwabali for post so.

zicky:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06
Dont be surprised if Onuachu starts tomorrow grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:06pm On Feb 06
EEGA:
Onyeka is not a DM either.He lacks the positional discipline for that role.Brentford always play Onyeka as a CM/b2b midfielder.

If Onyeka can fit in, why not Yusuf?
Who told you Onyeka is not a DM please? That is his primary position. He is just like Kante. DMs like them like to roam rather than stay rigid and hold position in the midfield.

To your last question, Yusuf doesn't have that physical presence to play as a DM. His height is another issue too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:08pm On Feb 06
If Osimhen isn’t healthy enough to start, then move Lookman to the CF position, play SiMoses from the left and Iheanacho from the the right.

Lookman makes good runs as an outright striker and Iheanacho can always find him with those passes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06
Joebie:
Based on JPes? You sef no fit look players judge for yourself? Even diff coaches have their preferences. Yeye logic.
k
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:11pm On Feb 06
Joebie:
People who tell lies are even worse than the “I told u so” crew. What’s taking you long to dig my post?

Mod
My predictions have been made since before Angola.
🇦🇴 .
Go jare, see as you dey talk like woman. Dig your post? Say you be who and to prove what? Have you ever seen me dig any body's post on this forum? If I was wrong in what I said, you point it out. Simple. No need for this crassness about lies like I tell lies about you on a regular basis. The 'I told you so' thing cut you. Sorry. No vex.

It's best I end this conversation here cos I tried making you see with the emoji in my last post that this is lighthearted talk but the thing wey dey chook you pass this football yarn. So continue with your saltiness. Cheers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06
zicky:
And you think Onuachu's inclusion wouldn't have generated an uproar? Onuachu has been part of this team for years yet couldn't get a permanent shirt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06
AFCON : NFF Medical Team Clears Victor Osimhen To Play Against South Africa In Semi Finals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:20pm On Feb 06
Osimhen is fit for tomorrow! I told you! All is fair in war!
Marjoribanks:
Nothing is wrong with Osimhen!
All na psychology warfare!

The same thing Tunisia did to us at the last AFCON only to see their best players in the starting 11.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:21pm On Feb 06
ChrisKels:
If Osimhen isn’t healthy enough to start, then move Lookman to the CF position, play SiMoses from the left and Iheanacho from the the right.

Lookman makes good runs as an outright striker and Iheanacho can always find him with those passes.
you will make a very bad tactician

So if dem allow u u go play lazy iheanacho from the right for this jpes formation that is energy zapping instead of lookman wey done shine in that position? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This jpes current formation has no place for a player like nacho

If osimhen isn’t available I will go with Moffi as point man, lookman from the right and Simon from the left

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:25pm On Feb 06
Having Iheanacho who can hardly tackle, dribble nor run on the right is catastrophical to a 343 formation.
He can play as a top 9 not on the right, however no need for that Osimhen is fit!
ChrisKels:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:26pm On Feb 06
komekn:

I disagree the little I've seen of Moffi he has trickery,skill and yet still strong not too fast but fast enough. He will be an unknown quantity.

Right now everyone knows VO and how he plays and over prepare for him . I think with Moffi they will be a bit confused 😕 as to how to deal with he has the element of Surprise I also expect him to be HIGHLY MOTIVATED.

I don't by any stretch of the imagination think he is better than VO but he is unpredictably different. That might work to our advantage.

'Unpredictably different' because he's coming from the moon? No be French league here him Dey play football?

Did you not hear that SA got the clip of all the Cape Verdian players and studied them and that's why their Gk could predict and dive in the right direction during the PKs?

If they can do so for CV players who play in obscure leagues, na Moffi dem no fit do am for?

There's no substance about this your proposition that Moffi should replace Osimhen just for the reason of unpredictability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:31pm On Feb 06
charlesemeka85:
you will make a very bad tactician

So if dem allow u u go play lazy iheanacho from the right for this jpes formation that is energy zapping? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Before you take a decision you make studies.

Who plays on the left side for SA, and what threat does he pose to our team?

Second question, from which forward position does SA attack their opponents?

3rdly, Is Ola Aina able to take care of the defensive duties against SA while Iheanacho doubles as a provider for the out and out striker(Lookman) and a striker too from the right wing?

These are the things I considered before making that take. Now tell me one good reason why you think it is wrong considering the opposition we are about to face? I want to read your own analysis of how our opponents play. Arguments are sweet when they educative, so educate me my man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:33pm On Feb 06
It would be a mistake for SE to get sucked into desperation to see the game not drag to penalties cos of the exploits in the SA keeper.

The best thing is to try and see that we wrap things up in 90 minutes but if it stretches beyond that, fine. No need to be desperate because we are afraid of their Gk.

Their Gk too has his weaknesses. Study it and exploit it if it comes down to penalties. In that way we too are prepared.

When the bird learns to fly without perching, the hunter learns to shoot without aiming.

Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:34pm On Feb 06
Marjoribanks:
Having Iheanacho who can hardly tackle, dribble nor run on the right is catastrophical to a 343 formation.
He can play as a top 9 not on the right, however no need for that Osimhen is fit!

We have had him in that position before with Vicmo as the RWB and there was no catastrophes in sight. Say something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06
ChrisKels:

Before you take a decision you make studies.

Who plays on the left side for SA, and what threat does he pose to our team?

Second question, from which forward position does SA attack their opponents?

3rdly, Is Ola Aina able to take care of the defensive duties against SA while Iheanacho doubles as a provider for the out and out striker(Lookman) and a striker too from the right wing?

These are the things I considered before making that take. Now tell me, one good reason why you think it is wrong considering the opposition we are about to face? I want to read your on analysis of how our opponents play. Arguments are sweet when they educative, so educate my man.
no opponent should be mistaken to be weak in this stage of the competition, doing such is way too risky.

The team has a formulae that hv worked out for them from the second game in the group stage so why change it?

I will only consider iheanacho if the team is losing, if I happen to be jpes I will revert to a back 4 taking zaidu off and bring in nacho to pair with Moffi up front if osimhen is unavailable

Off the ball iheanacho is a liability and such will dismantle jpes plans/structure that he has built with his starting 11

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 3:40pm On Feb 06
Finally osimhen gets medical clearance to play tomorrow

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15738) (15739) (15740) (15741) (15742) (15743) (15744) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.