Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,159 members, 7,860,145 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11923562 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (16331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayulll011:

u 're just sentimental cos of Nija boys there.

shakspare is a good coach.

the season just start biko
yeah, he's as good as the Crystal Palace coach.

Mourinho is a good coach too, but how was Chelsea's 2014/2015 season going before he left?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Success part of next year world cup?first he needs to discover his form,truly a skillful player but does skills do it alone,people championing Success are being sentimentals and are basking in d euphoria of past performance (Granada)truth be told he lacks it now and it w take a miracle for him to be in d squad going to d world cup.He is also injury prone, just like Joel Obi,no good coach want injury prone player in his team,no doubt d guy is talented but need to shape up.

Left to me, I won't involve him in the world cup squad, no matter how well he performs now till the date we leave for Russia. If he likes he can score 20 goals with 15 assists.

Rorh seems to have a preference for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Yes Super Eagles made Ekong.I remember Oshaniwa case,thegoodjoe said some player need national team to grow or to boost their career while some don't need it,watching Olympics and compared with what he offer now,SE is a blessings to Ekong.

Absolutely!!

And a solid show at the world cup would definitely grant him offers from teams in better leagues.

All thanks to SE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Take out Ghana and Zambia. And from the North African list take out Libya and Sudan. How many are left? Nigeria will also struggle to put together 6 AFCON standard stadiums.

CAF should consider AFCON once in 4 years as this will give enough time to the hosting countries to put together their facilities and also increase the excitement, expectations and glamour. Alternatively co-hosting option can be considered.

Consequently the WC qualifiers can be expanded to accommodate almost all the CAF nations in a bid to keep them busy as they wait for the AFCON every 4 years.

This is how it is done in Europe and South America.
pls how we Nigeria struggle to put 6 standard stadium together . from kano to Kaduna to abuja to river ,uyo , Lagos ,akure and Ibadan in the south west, that of Edo not exclude
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
the whole North African countries, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Zambia and Angola can afford it

remove Ghana and Zambia from that list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
please, let none of us grace that thread with his presence. I think virtually every one of us at one point or another has been insulted on thus thread badly. I have cried after collecting insults on vthis thread, I have taken a hiatus and I have returned many times. So, why does he want to be a baby?

Let him do whatever he damn pleases and be king of his own land. Only a foolish man sees corrections as condemnations. If he continues with such attitude, even that thread won't last.

None of us should give him the pleasure of our presence. That was a very disrespectful thing to do to the pioneers of this thread and he should be ashamed of himself

Cc icon4s, joseph1013, thegoodjoe, robosky02, kog45, Joebie, Omanbala1, Terzurun5, danycrusoe, certitude and every other member of this thread

their left yansh!!!!...... Who insult you for dis thread, mak da peson show face,

him left yansh !!!!!!; grin,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
I had to share.. we are all grown ups na. If we really want to see abuses let's go to the comment section of Punch etc..

We have to wake up to a new day.

Modified
Consider political threads here on NL sef

safarigirl:
please, let none of us grace that thread with his presence. I think virtually every one of us at one point or another has been insulted on thus thread badly. I have cried after collecting insults on vthis thread, I have taken a hiatus and I have returned many times. So, why does he want to be a baby?

Let him do whatever he damn pleases and be king of his own land. Only a foolish man sees corrections as condemnations. If he continues with such attitude, even that thread won't last.

None of us should give him the pleasure of our presence. That was a very disrespectful thing to do to the pioneers of this thread and he should be ashamed of himself

Cc icon4s, joseph1013, thegoodjoe, robosky02, kog45, Joebie, Omanbala1, Terzurun5, danycrusoe, certitude and every other member of this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
my dear if you follow Zambian league you will be marvelled at the quality of stadiums they have

those things are not stadiums, they are FIFA goal projects, artificial turfs that are not fit for tournaments

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
whizola:
pls how we Nigeria struggle to put 6 standard stadium together . from kano to Kaduna to abuja to river ,uyo , Lagos ,akure and Ibadan in the south west, that of Edo not exclude

I can only pick out 2 stadiums from that your list. That is Abuja and Uyo and then I can add the Adokiye stadium in PH. The rest do not have both the capacity and quality of pitch. It will require a huge budget to completely renovate those stadiums.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
Our problem has always been maintenance. Have we not hosted World cups?
What is the state of the Abuja stadium and others today?
whizola:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Going by this thread standard of engagement, abusing his mom was way too extreme. I agree. We should speak against that for the sake of maintaining our fine (relatively speaking) standard.

So who erred, pls apologize and let's move on. Else this will now be a new trend in this thread.

Icon4s:

My brother I understand perfectly the angle from which you are looking at it.

But the thing is we are all adults here. Also we are all young men and women. I don't think any of us here is above 50years old. It means we are all youths and things like these are expected where young people come together to discuss.

I must honestly commend forumites here on how we have managed to conduct ourselves all these years here.

We have disagreed and agreed over a million issues here. Some of us have formed permanent allies and some have become permanent enemies.

Insults keep wearing it's ugly head sporadically and with time we calm down and then move on.

We have called ourselves names here: hater, tribalist, conservatist, Babylonian, anti-foreign born, non-patriotic, etc but never has anybody's mother or father been insulted here. No matter what the grievance is it is not worth the mention of our parents for insults.

Now I don't care whether TheSuperNerd started the insults or not, he has every right to feel the way he feels.

On the issue of he opening a new thread, whether it be as a fall out of what happened yesterday or not, nairaland is a free place where you chose to visit or create any thread you so chose or not. If he chooses to only post on the thread he has created and not here so be it.

And if you chose to visit his thread or not the choice is yours. But one thing I know is nature has a way of settling things out and this one will not be different.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Which channelwill televise the wafu cup final?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Which channelwill televise the wafu cup final?
may be Gtv ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

I can only pick out 2 stadiums from that your list. That is Abuja and Uyo and then I can add the Adokiye stadium in PH. The rest do not have both the capacity and quality of pitch. It will require a huge budget to completely renovate those stadiums.

only uyo at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
See Leon Balogun's tweet hailing our home based Super Eagles. On and off pitch, Leon is simply awesome.

Good luck @NGSuperEagles in the #WAFU2017 final 2nite. Best jollof rice comes from us, show them that we are the better ballers as well ���

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bayulll011(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
yeah, he's as good as the Crystal Palace coach.

Mourinho is a good coach too, but how was Chelsea's 2014/2015 season going before he left?

how many games pls.

zidane should be sack also abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mickael2:

those things are not stadiums, they are FIFA goal projects, artificial turfs that are not fit for tournaments

Zambia actually have very beautiful looking stadium built by the Chinese. The edifice is one of the best in Africa. However, I can't say much about other Stadia they have apart from the one in Ndola.
We only have one Stadium in Nigeria as far as I'm concerned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayulll011:

how many games pls.

zidane should be sack also abi
Zidane that won two back-back UCL trophies for Madrid?

How can you compare Zidane to Shakespeare? Shakespeare has never won a thing.

Guy, abeg, if you want to talk sports, talk. Don't just slide in because you want to tackle me. That is why people like you are ever on this thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:

Cc icon4s, joseph1013, thegoodjoe, robosky02, kog45, Joebie, Omanbala1, Terzurum5, danycrusoe, certitude and every other member of this thread

Firstlady....., calm down.

After all there are so many other Super Eagles thread on the sports section. Everyone of us has a right to create any kind of thread na abi?

It is a matter of choice to decide whether to visit his thread or not. However time will tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bayulll011(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
Zidane that won two back-back UCL trophies for Madrid?

How can you compare Zidane to Shakespeare? Shakespeare has never won a thing.

Guy, abeg, if you want to talk sports, talk. Don't just slide in because you want to tackle me. That is why people like you are ever on this thread

smh always paranoia.

do u think I got time for all the pathetic and unfortunate tantrums u kids do here.

for ur info the fact I don't comment doesn't mean I don't visit this thread daily.

I no notice u go settle your beef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria. Ghana has stadiums and have the finance to build more

Zambia that struggled to host the u-20 AFCON and have pulled out of hosting the u-23 African championship already.. Abeg its only Lusaka and Ndola stadium they have

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
my dear if you follow Zambian league you will be marvelled at the quality of stadiums they have

Zambia use the Ndola and Lusaka stadium frequently for most of their cup and league games.. maybe u haven't been observant enough..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

My brother I understand perfectly the angle from which you are looking at it.

But the thing is we are all adults here. Also we are all young men and women. I don't think any of us here is above 50years old. It means we are all youths and things like these are expected where young people come together to discuss.

I must honestly commend forumites here on how we have managed to conduct ourselves all these years here.

We have disagreed and agreed over a million issues here. Some of us have formed permanent allies and some have become permanent enemies.

Insults keep wearing it's ugly head sporadically and with time we calm down and then move on.

We have called ourselves names here: hater, tribalist, conservatist, Babylonian, anti-foreign born, non-patriotic, etc but never has anybody's mother or father been insulted here. No matter what the grievance is it is not worth the mention of our parents for insults.

Now I don't care whether TheSuperNerd started the insults or not, he has every right to feel the way he feels.

On the issue of he opening a new thread, whether it be as a fall out of what happened yesterday or not, nairaland is a free place where you chose to visit or create any thread you so chose or not. If he chooses to only post on the thread he has created and not here so be it.

And if you chose to visit his thread or not the choice is yours. But one thing I know is nature has a way of settling things out and this one will not be different.
where were these words of wisdom yesterday?

I am mostly pissed off at everyone who said nothing while someone's mama was being called out. I was the one who had to cone here and report all of Pietrico's posts that insulted someone's mother. Was I the first person to see those posts?

No, there were two pages ahead when I came upon those posts, so, where the hell was everyone else when Pietrico was crossing lines and how come nobody thought to say something? It's now that words of wisdom are flying everywhere.

Someone has threatened to kill me on this thread, did I go and open a new thread?

And then Supernerd that I asked to calm down was going all batshit crazy on me for calling out his error. Had the guts to tell me he doesn't give a hoot my opinion,I was so pissed at that, me that has received insults here told him to stop and he just shoved me aside. If he had given a hoot and stopped being a kid, maybe nobody would have brought his mother up. My own mother has been insulted on Nairaland multiple times and she's dead, did anybody speak up?

There is this thing people say, that when you start insulting someone, you cannot dictate where he hits you.

We will not all react the same way to insults and while some people have limits, others do not. So, the next time anyone wants to throw insults, remember that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by emeka1101: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2017
jotey:

remove Ghana and Zambia from that list
I can see you are very ignorant.
Ghana has hosted more AFCON than any other African country so what are you saying?
They've hosted 4 times with the latest bn 2008.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2017
bayulll011:

smh always paranoia.

do u think I got time for all the pathetic and unfortunate tantrums u kids do here.

for ur info the fact I don't comment doesn't mean I don't visit this thread daily.

I no notice u go settle your beef.
ironic how you only ever quote me, but you visit everyday.

Maybe next time you should quote someone else, so you sound believable.

Have a nice day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by emeka1101: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Take out Ghana and Zambia. And from the North African list take out Libya and Sudan. How many are left? Nigeria will also struggle to put together 6 AFCON standard stadiums.

CAF should consider AFCON once in 4 years as this will give enough time to the hosting countries to put together their facilities and also increase the excitement, expectations and glamour. Alternatively co-hosting option can be considered.

Consequently the WC qualifiers can be expanded to accommodate almost all the CAF nations in a bid to keep them busy as they wait for the AFCON every 4 years.

This is how it is done in Europe and South America.
Ghana which has hosted more AFCON than any other country should rather be taking out?
Are you that ignorant or its just out of hate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
Going by this thread standard of engagement, abusing his mom was way too extreme. I agree. We should speak against that for the sake of maintaining our fine (relatively speaking) standard.

So who erred, pls apologize and let's move on. Else this will now be a new trend in this thread.

That was way below the belt...You don't involve ones parent in an argument...I think if one can't stand the heat without involving other family members, accept defeat...all those yarn bout self defense is bullshit...That ain't self defense.
And the supernerd creating a similar thread may not be cool... Lot of cats here have had a go @ each other..so life goes on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bayulll011(m): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
ironic how you only ever quote me, but you visit everyday.

Maybe next time you should quote someone else, so you sound believable.

Have a nice day

enjoy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria?this is d first time am hearing this,honestly i don't know,pls can u tell me more about Zambia stadiums.

The thing tire me o.

Them de show Zambian league for GoTv na.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueldodo781(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all. I don't know where to start from, first my apologies for not commenting regularly as before.but I think we need to be carefull on our choice of words in this forum most especially the new comers that knew nothing on how this thread was created cc.. Oga Joseph, sir Icon, tbaba mama Safari, Oga AIG, Macron theSupernerd and the rest of the elders here has been engaging each others with respect. At times we threw punches at each other verbally, we criticisize constructively ask sir Forgiveness and mama Safarigirl. They are the most insulted member here, but still they moved.
But it has never come this bad to the level of insulting somebody's mother. That's too crazy and disrespectful, please to every new member joining this thread. Before you start commenting here, go back to the first two pages slowly and carefully and see how constructive our criticisms and arguments were

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
where were these words of wisdom yesterday?

I am mostly pissed off at everyone who said nothing while someone's mama was being called out. I was the one who had to cone here and report all of Pietrico's posts that insulted someone's mother. Was I the first person to see those posts?

No, there were two pages ahead when I came upon those posts, so, where the hell was everyone else when Pietrico was crossing lines and how come nobody thought to say something? It's now that words of wisdom are flying everywhere.

Someone has threatened to kill me on this thread, did I go and open a new thread?

And then Supernerd that I asked to calm down was going all batshit crazy on me for calling out his error. Had the guts to tell me he doesn't give a hoot my opinion,I was so pissed at that, me that has received insults here told him to stop and he just shoved me aside. If he had given a hoot and stopped being a kid, maybe nobody would have brought his mother up. My own mother has been insulted on Nairaland multiple times and she's dead, did anybody speak up?

There is this thing people say, that when you start insulting someone, you cannot dictate where he hits you.

We will not all react the same way to insults and while some people have limits, others do not. So, the next time anyone wants to throw insults, remember that.

To be honest, i did not read most of the argument and insults, still haven't.... When some discussions arise, i just gloss over them and read more important conversations/comments.

I did not know, names were called till i read your comment and Thesupernerd's response. Several people stay out of arguments because sometimes when you try to comment, you get entangled. Just like he seemed to attack you.

Perhaps, people take online activity too seriously. Come, discuss football, argue and move on.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ehizibue scored

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (16331) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: skallion7(m), bennie1980(m), sojious, ddone and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.