Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11598262 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15837) (15838) (15839) (15840) (15841) (15842) (15843) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:43pm On Feb 11
I said it before that none of our wingers will start at Royal Antwerp, considering how Royal Antwerp likes to play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 11:45pm On Feb 11
Barryseal:

Alot of people were living in denial. We got to the final to play the host, a power house like Ivory coast, came to the thread all I was seeing was talk about spanking Ivory coast. On the back of the South Africa outplaying us in the semi final.
I think it was the moniker Forgiveness who said we should stay humble, that God rewards humility.
As a people I hope we take home a lesson from this episode.

And what exactly is wrong with optimism and positive expectations?
We were in the final
Should we expect to lose?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:46pm On Feb 11
forgiveness:

Renerd is better. Jp out. grin

I no like the Congo coach.

But I can't advocate for Jpes to be replaced. I like the fact that he is confident and luck smiled on his team. As a man thinketh in his heart... so is he. He said he would win afcon. I like that spirit. Not a defeatist mindset of Oga gernot. Na so so excuses that one go dey give.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:47pm On Feb 11
Barryseal:

Alot of people were living in denial. We got to the final to play the host, a power house like Ivory coast, came to the thread all I was seeing was talk about spanking Ivory coast. On the back of the South Africa outplaying us in the semi final.
I think it was the moniker Forgiveness who said we should stay humble, that God rewards humility.

see we had beaten CIV before so it's normal if folks are confident, there is no sin in that. The fans are not the ones on the pitch but the players, All our best players so far from Aina, Bassey, Lookman, and Oshimen were all poor today. Only Ekong, Nwabali and maybe onyeka tried. It was down to the players, don't bring the fans into this, our role is to support the team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11
It is what it is.

CIV was better this time. Adingra was very good today.

Kudos to the winners.

Better luck next time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11
Goke7:

I know he will win it if Oshimen refused to show up in the final
Not like they gave him any service
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:48pm On Feb 11
lbrichman2:

And what exactly is wrong with optimism and positive expectations?
We were in the final
Should we expect to lose?

I wonder o as if na we dey pitch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11
Meliforme:
I said it before that none of our wingers will start at Royal Antwerp, considering how Royal Antwerp likes to play.

Inverted wingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11
No need to bicker about. The better team won and I am not surprised. They controlled the game, were more threatening and very confident.

You dont win against a sophisticated team with this scared system. Finally, we need midfielders

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11
The trophy no fine 🥹
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:48pm On Feb 11
Odunayaw:
Not like they gave him any service

service from where? oshodi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:48pm On Feb 11
Barryseal:

If you want to live your life like a scared mouse, that's your business.

Optimism is not a sin. Rest this fake humility.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:49pm On Feb 11
charlesemeka85:
The trophy no fine 🥹

bad belle no good, e fine well well grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:49pm On Feb 11
Goke7:

service from where? oshodi?
grin Mowe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:50pm On Feb 11
Barryseal:

How did that affect our play on the pitch? Omo fans can say they expect a spanking. Did our coach say so? Did our players say so?

This misdiagnosis is grating. It's really an immature and unrealistic way to think that fans on SM with their attitude whether positive or negative are responsible for the victories we've had and the loss today.

Mature analysis is that which analyzes our in-game approach rather than attributing this defeat to the attitude of fans. You no be small pikin na. Cos na secondary school pupil suppose dey think like this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11
lbrichman2:

Nwakali would have made a difference in this match
I am fully convinced
Iwobi wasn't opening up for passes
Nwakali does that to perfection
He passes, opens up and keeps the ball moving
He needs to be in this team ASAP

All I am saying is we need ball playing midfielders. If they like let the elevate Iwobi to a god status, that midfield will still suffer. Iwobi is not a midfielder. Iwobi is a minus one in that midfield

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11
gustav25:

🥱
I don mock you 5 times for this competition, you sef enjoy your 1 grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:52pm On Feb 11
lbrichman2:

Except we prefer to lie to ourselves
We need Nwakali in this team
We need to hold possession
The way we lose balls is too embarrassing for a team of our caliber and this has gone on for YEARS!

Top 5 league tins nooni. Plus salary less than 1000 usd as some people go say

Soap don dey clear small small.

I be wan ask one small question. How body dey do us when we concede possession? Does it feel natural to us as Nigerians?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:52pm On Feb 11
CIV dominated the MF game and pressure was on us. SA dominated the MF game and pressure was on us. It's time to fix our MF. Full stop

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:52pm On Feb 11
Omanambala:

All I am saying is we need ball playing midfielders. If they like let the elevate Iwobi to a god status, that midfield will still suffer. Iwobi is not a midfielder. Iwobi is a minus one in that midfield

Summary of the entire matter.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:53pm On Feb 11
Leading to our goal, they still had the upper hand. They were the better team clearly not under pressure but desire to win.

Odunayaw:
What logic na? Did you hear how silent the stadium went when we took the lead?

Anyway, na the team give you this chance sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:53pm On Feb 11
Guys go to sleep, haven't u had enough ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:53pm On Feb 11
Goke7:

see we had beaten CIV before so it's normal if folks are confident, there is no sin in that. The fans are not the ones on the pitch but the players, All our best players so far from Aina, Bassey, Lookman, and Oshimen were all poor today. Only Ekong, Nwabali and maybe onyeka tried. It was down to the players, don't bring the fans into this, our role is to support the team.
Well, I guess it's normal to hype the players since they got to the finals. But I feel most of the fans didn't respect the Ivorians enough. A coach like Arteta fires up his players with comments from social media. He did that with comment from Ivan Toney, I'm sure most coaches do that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:53pm On Feb 11
It is what it is

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:54pm On Feb 11
Odunayaw:
If you want to live your life like a scared mouse, that's your business.

Optimism is not a sin. Rest this fake humility.
I swear. It's just awful. I be fan. Then I no go believe my team will win. Even if we are playing Brazil, I can't go watch a match believing we will lose. Never! What propels me to watch the match? Is it not that belief?

I think things like this say more about our outlook in life than about the match.

Omo na this sneaky pessimist worse than Blueelf.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:54pm On Feb 11
Joebie:
Leading to our goal, they still had the upper hand. They were the better team clearly not under pressure but desire to win.

And after the goal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54pm On Feb 11
kennysville:

But I can't advocate for Jpes to be replaced. I like the fact that he is confident and luck smiled on his team. As a man thinketh in his heart... so is he. He said he would win afcon. I like that spirit. Not a defeatist mindset of Oga gernot. Na so so excuses that one go dey give.

Continue? Except he is bold enough to make substitution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:54pm On Feb 11
cheesy

Wetin una dey see for Iwobi, na una know sha. I will rather have Nwakali on the pitch than him. Iwobi ain't good enough to dictate game, control midfield or make long range passes.

I support and hope Nwakali is recalled. Dude deserves a call up again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:54pm On Feb 11
comodo:
CIV dominated the MF game and pressure was on us. SA dominated the MF game and pressure was on us. It's time to fix our MF. Full stop

I'll stop watching the Eagles if I don't see ball-playing midfielders, until afcon I had stopped watching our games. Na wetin dey raise or bp be this. It's not fair on Nigerians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:54pm On Feb 11
I have seen the midfielders that this AFCON has paraded and none is as good as Kelechi Nwakali. Nwakali trumps these Ivorian midfielders even in what he does defensively, the defensive aspect may land on some as a shocker, but it is the truth. It may land as a shock because many don't actually see.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:55pm On Feb 11
Peseiro should get a big knock for always fielding Aribo. That’s how he wanted to stubbornly keep Uzoho as first choice keeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:56pm On Feb 11
grin

Paseiro must be mad sha. We carried bokoharam football enter final yet baba refused to repent. We were lucky against S. Africa cos they had their chances but couldn't make use of it well.

Paseiro must go walahi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15837) (15838) (15839) (15840) (15841) (15842) (15843) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: realpoacher(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.