Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692362 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15844) (15845) (15846) (15847) (15848) (15849) (15850) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:24am On Feb 12
Goke7:

you know I never address you this way but thank you

You have intentionally misconstrued my words this entire time, and it is frustrating.

I said, "Team failure happened, cut Iwobi some slack", you insist on your right to slander one player.

Please, continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:24am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

There is no basis for your criticism. You don't have faith. So criticism is all you got like a wretch who keeps lashing a child he has not faith in.

I know those whose criticism one can lay store on. Marjoribanks believes deeply in the team more than most of us. In fact, his optimism shocks me yet he points out defects. You have no faith. You even attribute our loss to the confidence of fans.
So in other words, for one to be qualified to criticise the team, he must have earned the privilege by displaying a sense of fanatical support that defiles logic?
Nobody briefed me, I get the memo now.
Watch me hype the team to crescendo. I will make sure I tag you. Be there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25am On Feb 12
Pedri. KDB. Foden. Modric. Iniesta. Xavi. These are examples of highly technical, highly cerebral midfielders who depend/depended more on their brains than brawn.

forgiveness:

Mention the white cerebral players without physicality in their game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:27am On Feb 12
Without a doubt, Sanusi Zaidu cost us this AFCON. For the first goal, he failed to mark his man. For the second goal, he literally gifted the ball to Ivorian player to start the attack that led to that goal.

Zaidu was useless throughout the whole match.

O pari

safarigirl:

It's a team failure. Zaidu failed to mark Kessie for the first goal, I have not seen one person mention that in the middle of this whole Iwobi slander.

Aina was useless all 90 minutes, nobody has mentioned it. Chukwueze ghosted his entire time on the pitch, nobody has said that. Lookman has basically been AWOL our last two matches, but 3 Knockout goals dey cover him shame. Osimhen was neutralized, him gidigbo no see light, everybody unlook.

But it is Iwobi that everybody wants to come for. Even people wey no watch match come online dey fight Iwobi.

We conceded 2 goals for the first time in the entire tournament. The defense collapsed, but it is Iwobi that killed the team.

Anybody that is coming here to single out one player for criticism is being dishonest and they must be shut down immediately.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:27am On Feb 12
Goke7:

it's better we free uzoho too nah
Chai. Is it the loss or what? Baba you dey shame me ooo. Was Uzoho used as a defender and he failed. He was deployed in his proper capacity as a Gk. Iwobi on the other hand was saddled with defensive duties. I'm not even saying not to point out his deficiencies. Those Ghana analyst did so brilliantly but were objective enough to say that Iwobi is basically relearning that part of football cos he's being tasked to do what he's not suited for (and you mention Uzoho. Chai)

You on the other hand is piling on Iwobi like he's at fault for everything. Yet the goals came from the wings with Aina at fault. Pim you no talk.

The team was poor. No be only Iwobi. That's the point.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 1:27am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

You have no faith. You expected loss. It happened. How e go come take pain you?
This is a misdiagnosis like you call it. Not farming for likes by yabbing Ivory coast and boasting about beating them 3-0 doesn't necessarily mean I was expecting a loss. Othwerise, I might as well not have watched the game if the result was a certainty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:29am On Feb 12
TheSuperNerd:
Pedri. KDB. Foden. Modric. Iniesta. Xavi. These are examples of highly technical, highly cerebral midfielders who depend/depended more on their brains than brawn.

Than brawn means they still have the brawn. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30am On Feb 12
Yaya was more power and physicality than brains. Anyone who watched him properly at Man city knew that.

Okocha could have made money at any other top club too but they just didnt want him. After PSG, it was downhill.

This Fact is proven overtime. The European clubs in the big leagues will only take in an African midfielder majorly for his workrate and physicality rather than bring him in to become the central creative brainhub of the team. They would rather bring a white boy with the cerebral qualities while the African MF compliments with his physical side.

This is the general trend but there are and have been very few exceptions (not so pronounced even).

forgiveness:

Okocha went for money. You didn't follow the trend then. Atleast, he played for PSG and went ahead to play in EPL. What stops Nwakali from playing in a top club or league?

You say Yaya toure is smart brawn. If you're smart, are you not brainy? grin

Oga no matter how you want to sugarcoat it, Yaya toure was smart, brainy etc. grin

See his assist. Show me your brainy Nwakali assists and goals.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:31am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

Chai. Is it the loss or what? Baba you dey shame me ooo. Was Uzoho used as a defender and he failed. He was deployed in his proper capacity as a Gk. Iwobi on the other hand was saddled with defensive duties. I'm not even saying not to point out his deficiencies. Those Ghana analyst did so brilliantly but were objective enough to say that Iwobi is basically relearning that part of football cos he's being tasked to do what he's not suited for (and you mention Uzoho. Chai)

You on the other hand is piling on Iwobi like he's at fault for everything. Yet the goals came from the wings with Aina at fault. Pim you no talk.

The team was poor. No be only Iwobi. That's the point.

you guys are not being fair, making excuses for some players' defects but condemning others for their defects, chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:32am On Feb 12
In 2022, we crashed out in Round of 16, I came here and said the team failed, make we no blame anybody.

Yet, the Nigerian mob used the opportunity to pour so much bile on Okoye, man had to recuse himself from this AFCON. Till today, that boy cannot post without one degenerate posting rubbish in his comments.

Today again, we have lost, I have come and said, "It's team failure, no need to single out any player", yet, once again, a mob fights for their rights to a scapegoat.

It is the team that failed. Not Iwobi, not Osimhen, not Aina, not Chukwueze, not Zaidu. The team failed. Nobody hold their side 100%, so, to single out one person in a team loss is wickedness.

The entire team was poor. Let us be just in criticism and not constantly single out one person for hate. If na only one person fail, we for face am, but this one was team failure.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:32am On Feb 12
safarigirl:

Everybody mouth don sharp as we no win tournament. Tournament that we even had no business in the finals if it is based on how good teams were.

Leave them. I'm even surprised at the 360 of some people. Like just now now? Fear people. Even Blueelf that one expects to go on a trolling spree was gracious and realistic in this loss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32am On Feb 12
You love to miss the point intentionally. "Than brawn" means they don't resort to brawn majorly. They are athletes. So they must have a measure of Athleticism no matter how small.

They rather approach the game with brains. It is so simple but you just want to argue aimlessly.

Goodnight.

forgiveness:

Than brawn means they still have the brawn. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:34am On Feb 12
Curtisaxel17:
Nwabali is not who we think he is. He has potential, but we are not out of the woods yet in terms of our GK search. That first goal wouldn't have happened if he was correctly positioned.

The search must continue.
The pressure was much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:34am On Feb 12
Goke7:

you guys are not being fair, making excuses for some players' defects but condemning others for their defects, chai

LMAO

Was Aina played wrongly this time?

You're asking for fairness, but you have not condemned the people who were complacent in the goals.

Where is your own fairness? Why is it only Iwobi you have vim for, but you suddenly remember fairness when they mentioned Aina's failure?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:35am On Feb 12
Goke7:

don't be emotional about Iwobi, he's one of the senior players in the team and if he's not doing well he will always be called out. Simple. We all chased Uzoho out but we want to continue to look away from Iwobi's poor performance, that will be unfair to Uzoho and other players we have lambasted, very unfair.
It is the criticism of Iwobi that is unfair if we just say he's a senior player and so? He's got more caps. He no senior (and I don't mean age wise) anybody in the team like that apart from Osimhen, Ajayi, Aribo and Chukwueze.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:36am On Feb 12
Icon79:
Without a doubt, Sanusi Zaidu cost us this AFCON. For the first goal, he failed to mark his man. For the second goal, he literally gifted the ball to Ivorian player to start the attack that led to that goal.

O pari

I am surprised it is Iwobi getting all this heat, he wasn't even on the pitch for the second goal and the first was from a corner.

The fact that Iwobi is getting the major heat just tells me that Nigerians prefer agenda and have bandwagon mentality.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:38am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

It is the criticism of Iwobi that is unfair if we just say he's a senior player and so? He's got more caps. He no senior (and I don't mean age wise) anybody in the team like that apart from Osimhen, Ajayi, Aribo and Chukwueze.

while the criticism of others is fair or fairer according to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:38am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

Maybe he means he is the senior 'Innit' boy.

Imagine foisting leadership on somebody that just wants to play ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:39am On Feb 12
TheSuperNerd:
Yaya was more power and physicality than brains. Anyone who watched him properly at Man city knew that.

Okocha could have made money at any other top club too but they just didnt want him. After PSG, it was downhill.

This Fact is proven overtime. The European clubs in the big leagues will only take in an African midfielder majorly for his workrate and physicality rather than bring him in to become the central creative brainhub of the team. They would rather bring a white boy with the cerebral qualities while the African MF compliments with his physical side.

This is the general trend but there are and have been very few exceptions (not so pronounced even).

Yaya toure assists were not as the result of Intelligent passes, abi? I hear. Statis doesn't lie.

The point is Okocha played for PSG a top club at least. Which one Nwakali play for?

Why is Nwakali not one of the exceptions since you believe he is Pirlo incarnation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:41am On Feb 12
TheSuperNerd:
You love to miss the point intentionally. "Than brawn" means they don't resort to brawn majorly. They are athletes. So they must have a measure of Athleticism no matter how small.

They rather approach the game with brains. It is so simple but you just want to argue aimlessly.

Goodnight.

But still possess it for survival. That's what Nwakali lacks. A bit of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:41am On Feb 12
Goke7:

while the criticism of others is fair or fairer according to you

Who is the 'others' getting criticised?

You keep on mentioning 'others' that have been criticized, meanwhile one name you never drop.

It is Iwobi getting the bulk of criticism on this thread, stop being dishonest because you want to slate a player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:42am On Feb 12
Napoleon55:

Without faith, it's impossible to achieve anything worthwhile.
I rather exercise faith than fear when I have made my preparations for battle
In this life if you don't have faith, stay with those who have oo. You see those pessimist who hide under the guise of criticism, run from them. Temperamentally, I'm inclined to being pessimistic, that's why I don't like being around people who are all darkness. I need that person around me that's say move, you fit do am, we fit achieve am, than the one who wants perfection before results can be achieved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:43am On Feb 12
safarigirl:

Everybody mouth don sharp as we no win tournament. Tournament that we even had no business in the finals if it is based on how good teams were.

even if super eagles won many here go still complain

Mofos wey no Dey ever dey satisfied

Some don Dey name trash some players as if any of them believed that this team will ever make it to the final of the afcon even before our first game with EG

Complain complain complain with enough sprinkle of wailing

To me the team surpassed my expectations and even if the haram football the team displayed caused us to lose to CIV no wahala. Last afcon super eagles were rated the best team in the group stage dem jabo for 2nd round

Many don Dey say had it been nwakali and others played we would hv won this final even the Asian final join as if the same nwakali no play for the same afcon Abi no be him dem sub comot for half time in his club’s game on Saturday?

You lot should learn to be appreciative for once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:45am On Feb 12
safarigirl:

It's a team failure. Zaidu failed to mark Kessie for the first goal, I have not seen one person mention that in the middle of this whole Iwobi slander.

Aina was useless all 90 minutes, nobody has mentioned it. Chukwueze ghosted his entire time on the pitch, nobody has said that. Lookman has basically been AWOL our last two matches, but 3 Knockout goals dey cover him shame. Osimhen was neutralized, him gidigbo no see light, everybody unlook.

But it is Iwobi that everybody wants to come for. Even people wey no watch match come online dey fight Iwobi.

We conceded 2 goals for the first time in the entire tournament. The defense collapsed, but it is Iwobi that killed the team.

Anybody that is coming here to single out one player for criticism is being dishonest and they must be shut down immediately.
The criticism is unjustified so far as it zeroes in on Iwobi alone and without taking into consideration that he's tasked with defensive duties

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:45am On Feb 12
safarigirl:

Who is the 'others' getting criticised?

You keep on mentioning 'others' that have been criticized, meanwhile one name you never drop.

It is Iwobi getting the bulk of criticism on this thread, stop being dishonest because you want to slate a player.
World Cup qualifiers resumes next month so they should write a petition to the nff for iwobi to be dropped while nwakali is recalled mk we see that magic wey the latter wan do

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:47am On Feb 12
Mujtahida:

The criticism is unjustified so far as it zeroes in on Iwobi alone and without taking into consideration that he's tasked with defensive duties
all those na to just justify the reason why nwakali should hv been in the team

They better channel their grievances and disappointment to jpes who ignored the same nwakali that plays his club football in the gaffer’s native country 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:49am On Feb 12
A team that went undefeated to the finals and lost against a rejuvenated CIV team in front of their own fans

If em easy Senegal that 90% of us tipped to win the competition before the end of qualifiers self would hv won the host

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:52am On Feb 12
Barryseal:

So in other words, for one to be qualified to criticise the team, he must have earned the privilege by displaying a sense of fanatical support that defiles logic?
Nobody briefed me, I get the memo now.
Watch me hype the team to crescendo. I will make sure I tag you. Be there
Your logic - fans setting up to celebrate = reason why we were defeated.

They said people who talk logic should come out, you ma dey come 😂😂.

Your hype means nada. You don't have faith. If you attempt to hype you will suffer from the dissonance between your faithlessness and the lies your mouth utters in the name of hype.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:53am On Feb 12
forgiveness:

Yaya toure assists were not as the result of Intelligent passes, abi? I hear. Statis doesn't lie.

The point is Okocha played for PSG a top club at least. Which one Nwakali play for?

Why is Nwakali not one of the exceptions since you believe he is Pirlo incarnation?
nwakali’s inclusion would hv qualified us for the last World Cup, won us the afcon and the Asian cup join

Nonsense!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Damioduso1: 1:53am On Feb 12
The super eagles have gotten to 8 afcon finals and won only 3. While the ivorian I get to only 4 and won 3 finals. The super eagles should be doing better at afcon finals

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:54am On Feb 12
Icon79:

O pari

You guys are insufferable. See reasoning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:56am On Feb 12
TheSuperNerd:

yaya more power and physicality than brains?😳

Nawaoooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15844) (15845) (15846) (15847) (15848) (15849) (15850) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Melvinity, Posh(m), Danielnino00(m), Impeccable5248(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.