Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,036 members, 7,866,921 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965983 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2017
tbaba1234:
I think one of the problems with local players is that they are poorly coached from the start. That is why even the talented ones are exposed or have to relearn when they go abroad.
Honestly u are right but did u know that this poorly train thing is not peculiar only to footballers,this things cut across every segments in Nigeria.If u travel out as a migrant u w realised u know nothing when it comes to basic things and whether u like it or not u need to learn from basics again,d only advantage is that Nigerians learnt fast.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2017
Kog45:
Truly Eze was exposed today which is normal in football just like our defenders were exposed against South Africa.I remeber Omeruo do d same kung-fu against Zambia.

Did Omeruo kick anyone to commit a penalty against Zambia?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Did Omeruo kick anyone to commit a penalty against Zambia?
No o but his own style of kung-fu play led to a goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:58am On Sep 25, 2017
safarigirl:
I think some people here owe an apology to Sir Icon4s for challenging him when he said the win over Ghana was nothing to celebrate grin
I don apologize already madam.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2017
Is the full squad list out yet??....update abeg!!...october is here!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:51am On Sep 25, 2017
Ask the guy that started all these teibalistic nonsense.
Kog45:
Pls what is northern or western midfielders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2017
bossto:
Is the full squad list out yet??....update abeg!!...october is here!!!
oga calm down, na Friday you go see list, earliest Thursday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2017
somehow:
Point 5 western midfielders that have played in any national team.

Move on if you can't provide the names and I never compared the north to the west. This is about a quality that is lacking in an average northern players. Most of them are speedy players like Garba Lawal,Tijani Babangida,Ahmed Musa and Rabiu Ali. By the way ,the west has produced some amazing midfield players in Ajagun,Raheem Lawal,Mutiu,Muda Lawal,Haruna Ilerika.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2017
Kog45:
Better between d duo,nothing to say coz both are very averaged.I don't even know whom to pick.Hope we resolves this goalkeeping crisis before World Cup.

I watched Nigeria match against Guinea in this just concluded wafu cup and i discovered a lot of things regarding our local coaches and now agreed with a lot who always castigate them,in that match it was too obvious that Dele Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa meaning we might have better keepers better than d duo.

Look at d outfield players,for God sake old Rabiu Ali anchor Nigeria midfield,not condemning d guy but something is fishing,d same thing Aremu,this two guys find it so difficult to make passes and it was hell for Okpotu.

Initially i rate Eze highly but injury to Adeleye exposed him, still has a lot to learn,it was obvious that Adeleye do most of d dirty jobs in d defence and moment he left d pitch,our defence was exposed.

Nothing to say on Okoro and Akas,goldfish 80 just need to tell me why he rated Okoro highly.I watched d guy keenly and i w say he had good games in group stage but Benin,Ghana match showed that he lacks it.

Generally,this team should not be d best from local leagues and with what i see so far Salisu Yusuf and co need to put sentiments apart and give us d best,CHAN is around and this team not a CHAN team.

I am not an active member of this thread but I had to watch the game yesterday in order to correct you guys excessive compliants. You guys go on all the time to condemn all 11 eleven players each time a team loses when in actual sense you guys sense of judgment is terribly wrong.

What I saw yesterday was not bad players per say but bad coaching. I do not hold brief for all the players (tho I do for some) but when a coach do not have 1-2 creative AMF in his team or do not play lethal attacking football, his team will suffer. Simples!

Nigeria's defense have been solid and their passes very nice all through the tournament but the major problem the team had was that they weren't scoring goals, no! They were not lethal in finishing. When you don't attack and score very well no matter how good your defense is its going to crumble when you meet a solid opposition who defends like you but have a terrific attack.

When you lose scandalously like this, one is tempted to blame everyone and rubbish all the players but introducing 2-3 new better players to fill in for the "obvious lapses", this same team would beat the Ghanaians again.

For me, the errors I noticed is that the team lacked creative AMF's who will link the attackers to the midfielders. That's their only errors. Okpoti and Co were starved of the supplies, it was either Ghana's defensive midfielders were too exceptional or our AMF's were poor and were completely neutralized. Either way we lost.

Keeper - defense - DMF's were good, their major problem was their supply in the final third half. For complete 80 minutes there was no shot on target! Can you imagine that?.. Prior to the final, we scored a meagre 3 goals in 4 games against which teams? Benin, Mali & Guinea! Very poor attacking stats I must say. These are teams we should be using for training sessions, if we meant business.

My recommendations, allow the team the way they are but drop 3 reserves and go in search of 3 excellent creative AMF's who can hold their own any day around the final third and we will be home and dry at CHAN

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2017
Now to Zambia game abeg.......lets forget this WAFU experience.

Make we pray for this Zambia game make this WAFU Spirit nor come catch up with us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
realpoacher:

I am not an active member of this thread but I had to watch the game yesterday in order to correct you guys excessive compliants. You guys go on all the time to condemn all 11 eleven players each time a team loses when in actual sense you guys sense of judgment is terribly wrong.

What I saw yesterday was not bad players per say but bad coaching. I do not hold brief for all the players (tho I do for some) but when a coach do not have 1-2 creative AMF in his team or do not play lethal attacking football, his team will suffer. Simples!

Nigeria's defense have been solid and their passes very nice all through the tournament but the major problem the team had was that they weren't scoring goals, no! They were not lethal in finishing. When you don't attack and score very well no matter how good your defense is its going to crumble when you meet a solid opposition who defends like you but have a terrific attack.

When you lose scandalously like this, one is tempted to blame everyone and rubbish all the players but introducing 2-3 new better players to fill in for the "obvious lapses", this same team would beat the Ghanaians again.

For me, the errors I noticed is that the team lacked creative AMF's who will link the attackers to the midfielders. That's their only errors. Okpoti and Co were starved of the supplies, it was either Ghana's defensive midfielders were too exceptional or our AMF's were poor and were completely neutralized. Either way we lost.

Keeper - defense - DMF's were good, their major problem was their supply in the final third half. For complete 80 minutes there was no shot on target! Can you imagine that?.. Prior to the final, we scored a meagre 3 goals in 4 games against which teams? Benin, Mali & Guinea! Very poor attacking stats I must say. These are teams we should be using for training sessions, if we meant business.

My recommendations, allow the team the way they are but drop 3 reserves and go in search of 3 excellent creative AMF's who can hold their own any day around the final third and we will be home and dry at CHAN
Oh u said it all,u are not an active member of this thread.Am one of d guys who believed so much in this team even telling who care to listen that Adeleye and Eze deserves Team A Eagles call up.

I'm not d type that condemn any team when they lost but d reality is this d team lacks basic thing which u already addressed in your post.I w not deceive u d Benin match really exposed d team and Ghana used d match to nailed us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Kog45:
Oh u said it all,u are not an active member of this thread.Am one of d guys who believed so much in this team even telling who care to listen that Adeleye and Eze deserves Team A Eagles call up.

I'm not d type that condemn any team when they lost but d reality is this d team lacks basic thing which u already addressed in your post.I w not deceive u d Benin match really exposed d team and Ghana used d match to nailed us.
your team has never been good from day one and the last straw was Benin outplaying you guys with 1 man down . I was reading comments as a guest when icon4s was telling you guys that the Ghana team you beat wasn't motivated but you guys thought you beat us on merit. now look what happened to you.... you were never a match for us but you didn't notice. your team is whack and the earlier you change it before Chan starts, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Move on if you can't provide the names and I never compared the north to the west. This is about a quality that is lacking in an average northern players. Most of them are speedy players like Garba Lawal,Tijani Babangida,Ahmed Musa and Rabiu Ali. By the way ,the west has produced some amazing midfield players in Ajagun,Raheem Lawal,Mutiu,Muda Lawal,Haruna Ilerika.
Oh i don't know that was d basis for this arguements.

Good lets go down to memory lane,before d emergence of Henry Nwosu,Eim Esin,Jayjay Okocha, Sunday Olishe, Mikel Obi,player like Haruna Ilerika,Muda Lawal ran d show in d late 70s and early 80s.

Haruna Ilerika was like Jayjay OKocha,very good and solid midfielder.Muda Lawal can be compared to Sunday Olishe.

On northern extraction i w named Garba Lawal as d biggest to come out from north but cannot be compared to Mutiu Adepoju as far as national team is concern,also sani kaita that I w rate at par with Seyi Olofinjana.

Northern extraction player like Moses Otolorin,Kafaru Alabi also did well but not as influential as Ilerika and Muda Lawal.

Nevertheless we don't need this coz National team belongs to every players irrespective where u come from and this thread is too beautiful for tribalism to derail it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
At least you notice what is going on in a Nigerian forum. And you took some time to create a username etc. I'm flattered.

achimotan:

Keep wondering and whining .When Ghana's matter comes up here,and I need to make an input I definitely comment.

You can go and burn the sea for all I care

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
I agree our team is so so whack. But look who is going to qualify for the next world cup. We will be praying for the Black Stars all the same to qualify for Russia. As tbaba1234 rightly suggested, this WAFU tourney should rather be used to discover young talents.. you can celebrate your trophy anyway. Not taking anything from you. Hold it dearly and cherish it.

leathalbeast:
your team has never been good from day one and the last straw was Benin outplaying you guys with 1 man down . I was reading comments as a guest when icon4s was telling you guys that the Ghana team you beat wasn't motivated but you guys thought you beat us on merit. now look what happened to you.... you were never a match for us but you didn't notice. your team is whack and the earlier you change it before Chan starts, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Just30: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
At least you notice what is going on in a Nigerian forum. And you took some time to create a username etc. I'm flattered.

He noticed your foolery and decided to put you in your place.
You can't go to a Ghanaian forum cos you would have nothing to talk about .
grin cheesy keep obsessing anyway

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
leathalbeast:
Typical Ghanaian,congratulations for winning most prestigious cup in d world,WAFU CUP.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Garba lawal and rabiu Ali speedy players? Chai see person wey say him sabi ball!

Now let me help you with list of northern midfielders that you obviously pretend not to know.

Garba Lawal
Rabiu Ali
Yahaya
Abdullahi Alfa
Ibrahim Alhassan.
Etc

To try to make this a region thing shows that you are not to be taken serious. I only chose to entertain your folly. There is no region or country that can fill any position if they have to so swallow your myopic view about life and don't bring it into football.

Signing out from this discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Seriously I didn't watch any of the games to really say. Even if we had won the WAFU tournament, it won't have meant a thing to me, because I won't consider that an achievement barring a few players like Peter Eneji who was discovered. Let's move on to more serious matters.

realpoacher:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
lol man seriously I believe there are Ghanian forums. But i've never even googled to check. The reason, I have no reason to. Just speaking the reality. Seems you all are suddenly here because of WAFU. Seriously!!??, I have more important things to argue about than jollof rice etc grin
Just30:
He noticed your foolery and decided to put you in your place.
You can't go to a Ghanaian forum cos you would have nothing to talk about .
grin cheesy keep obsessing anyway

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Why are we even giving audience to this kind of discussion? The last time I checked, the golden era we had, and the one to come encompasses every region of this country. For those who want to go political or tribal, there are other threads for that purpose.

somehow:

Garba lawal and rabiu Ali speedy players? Chai see person wey say him sabi ball!

Now let me help you with list of northern midfielders that you obviously pretend not to know.

Garba Lawal
Rabiu Ali
Yahaya
Abdullahi Alfa
Ibrahim Alhassan.
Etc

To try to make this a region thing shows that you are not to be taken serious. I only chose to entertain your folly. There is no region or country that can fill any position if they have to so swallow your myopic view about life and don't bring it into football.

Signing out from this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Exactly.. which is why I spoke about low self esteem.. see all of them here all of a sudden, like swarm of bees.

Kog45:
Typical Ghanaian,congratulations for winning most prestigious cup in d world,WAFU CUP.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Suffering from lack of winning important trophies in over a decade in all age categories. Doing what the likes of Ethiopia, Mauritius, Guinea-Bissau etc would do

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
This beautiful thread is gradually loosing it.

The numbers of men with high school boys reasoning in the thread are on the increase. I'm really disappointed in thesupernerd who has refuse to grow despite rubbing minds with the elders on this forum(atleast you've been here for not less than two yrs or so)...
One needs to know that not everybody will agree with you on issues. Opinions differs with people and one has to accept people for who they are.

Of a truth it's a faceless forum and people think nothing matters when it comes to the internet/social medias. But I must confess it's a wrong admission. One, the internet never forgets-this is one hell of a truth. Don't ever think that what you said today will go unnoticed. Nope, someone somewhere is taking note and you don't know by who, when or where those words will be dug up and be use for or against you.

Over the years I have come to the terms that the 'real' people are not those whom we come across offline but those who meet online. Yes, those who hide behind pseudo-names called monikers. Faceless forums shows one's true picture, it unmask those attitudes/behaviours the offline society has tamed/covered-because it's the only medium the untamed beast is fully unleashed with the notion that 'no one knows me'. *smiles*

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
Why are we even giving audience to this kind of discussion? The last time I checked, the golden era we had, and the one to come encompasses every region of this country. For those who want to go political or tribal, there are other threads for that purpose.

Honestly it could have been a beautiful discussion but they started it with ttribalism,d word tribal messed it all,is a discussion we would have learnt a lot coz i remember d emergence of Enugu Ranger was born out of civil war and I ICC shooting star was created to match Ranger,also mighty jet from north but at d end d three teams produced d bedrock of players that won nations cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Na my fault tru tru. No more audience for a simple minded person like him.
Joebie:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
I actually quoted him to dispute his blatant tribal tone because if left alone like that might be seen as "truth" by alot of undecerning people out there.
Kog45:
Honestly it could have been a beautiful discussion but they started it with ttribalism,d word tribal messed it all,is a discussion we would have learnt a lot coz i remember d emergence of Enugu Ranger was born out of civil war and I ICC shooting star was created to match Ranger,also mighty jet from north but at d end d three teams produced d bedrock of players that won nations cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
Suffering from lack of winning important trophies in over a decade in all age categories. Doing what the likes of Ethiopia, Mauritius, Guinea-Bissau etc would do
Pls Jobie let talk about Nigeria-Zambia match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please stop this tribal football discussion pleaae , it is not healthy for our football discussion. What positives can we take from the just concluded WAFU cup. Safaragirl, I left you a message. Please respond
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:
Pls Jobie talk about Nigeria-Zambia match,any updates.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
The lastest grin

” The World Cup 2018 is special to Mikel. He has started extra drills ahead of the game against Zambia. He wants to lead his team from the front, and the best way to do it is to be fully fit”, his intermediary told Owngoalnigeria..com.

” He (Mikel) is getting games in China on a regular basis for his club, but he still does extra fitness and tactical drills strictly for the sake of the game against Zambia, which he expects to be a lot faster and more physical than the league games in China”.

Kog45:
Pls Jobie ltalk about Nigeria-Zambia match,any updates.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
Joebie:

Bros those guys you are responding to are not part of us. Just ignore them and move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), justvictor57(m), ThanosKilla(m), Nomyth, komekn(m), Daninya33, CornOak(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.