Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11781438 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15871) (15872) (15873) (15874) (15875) (15876) (15877) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12am On Feb 16
E get why I say “reset”. Osimhen will not be under pressure in the French league.

komekn:

Seria A is rated higher than French league one.

With regards to 🤑💸💰 great move but football ⚽ I'm not so sure.

First of all he has to meet great expectations and always be compared to Mbappe, that's undue pressure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13am On Feb 16
Those retards are adamant. They will give us another 3rd grade white coach.
jihday:
Egypt already hired their legendary player, Hossam Hassan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:44am On Feb 16
Joebie:
Those retards are adamant. They will give us another 3rd grade white coach.

Na Paseiro den wan retain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:25am On Feb 16
jihday:
I think there are reports of the players bringing in prostitutes to the camp

The blood of Jesus! 😦
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:59am On Feb 16
As much as he deserves a new contract, our plethora of strikers cannot thrive in his system.

forgiveness:

Na Paseiro den wan retain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:09am On Feb 16
Joebie:
the profile sweet u ba?

Yeah. I said it during the match weeks ago. He sabi. We are oil producing too and can't even pay his wages. Nigeria mata dey taya person seriously
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:43am On Feb 16
Setaleonoz:

They might just win it

No they won’t
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:50am On Feb 16
Wetin sweet u for that profile?

daveP:
Yeah. I said it during the match weeks ago. He sabi. We are oil producing too and can't even pay his wages. Nigeria mata dey taya person seriously
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51am On Feb 16
forgiveness:

I just checked Aribo's stats and I could see he started 6 out 9 last matches.

I personally don't think Aribo was able to do much and was largely disappointing in my opinion.

But the question, is why ❓Aribo is about attacking and is more of AM. In a retrogressive negative defensive set up formation and strategy he cannot thrive so he will become almost useless.

In this AFCON l haven't done the stats but just from my own personal visuals. The player that instigated more attacks and forward passes,crosses resulting in an attacking opportunity was AINA.

That says something about the team set up itself.

We have decided to abslove VO of any criticism as an untouchable. Yes, VO huffed and puffed, chased and fought relentlessly but he could not blow the house down. He had several chances but fluffed his lines, we have overwhelmingly exonerated him of all responsibility here as an untouchable

VO is considered to be world 🌎 class by many here, for me the key component of world class is CONSISTENT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE in all situations. In the AFCON like it or not VO did not perform world class. I wonder if Haaland, Benzema ,etc was in the Nigerian team would they have got just one goal 🥅🤔.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:55am On Feb 16
jihday:
I think there are reports of the players bringing in prostitutes to the camp

Dis is a norm with most African teams …if dem search 👀 our own sef,we fit c some evidence too 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:55am On Feb 16
Joebie:
E get why I say “reset”. Osimhen will not be under pressure in the French league.

The French league is not as strong as the EPL and it's better to go there if you don't want to be challenged.

Can VO do as well as Mbappe or comparable to him in the French league ❓that's the expectation from PSG and the fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Feb 16
MallamSpicey:

Good for him but he should do more, not implying he isn't good enough never to be called up again cause I know there's a really good player in Aribo...but truth is Aribo has fallen down the pecking order so bad in that midfield that even Peseiro preferred benching him almost all tournament that he made the #10 shirt look embarrassing to wear... That's not a good look on his part (let's leave sentiments aside and be honest for once).

I commend and appreciate your humility and ability to change your position in the face of the facts.

I Appreciate you this is how discussion should be, not emotional 😞 prejudice and abuse.

You presented a discourse of untruths saying Aribo is struggling to get on the bench, you casted aspersions on the Championship implied in your diction. Saying he needed to get into a first tier league before he can be considered.

Tell me a second tier league where the top performers are courted by the best teams in the world.❓

You ommited the fact that KC and Ndidi play in the championship ,that's double standard and prejudice. In addition KC is seriously struggling in the Championship and is out of form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:15am On Feb 16
Osimhen will perform exceedingly well in the EPL. But he needs a reset before he takes up that challenge IMO.

Yes he can do as well, it all depends on how they set up the team since they have different playing styles.

komekn:

The French league is not as strong as the EPL and it's better to go there if you don't want to be challenged.

Can VO do as well as Mbappe or comparable to him in the French league ❓that's the expectation from PSG and the fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:24am On Feb 16
Amedino99:
it's obvious that ndidi's lesser number of games is due to his injuries but go on.

That's not in dispute but it's part of football ⚽ injuries and how you manage them.

Your program of injury prevention pre match and post match preparation.

Unfortunately, many a player have had their careers cut short and or progression stifled by injury.

If he had not been injured I am almost certain that he would have played every game in the championship.

Jude Bellingham at age 16 played 42 out of 46 games in the 2019/20 season in the Championship in his relegation zone Birmingham city club. He is just 20 and has scattered La Liga.

Ngole Kante for four seasons didn't miss more than 2/3 games in each season of the premier League. His injury prevention program considering he runs more than any other player in the EPL must be phenomenal.

The same goes for Messi and Ronaldo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:27am On Feb 16
Joebie:
Osimhen will perform exceedingly well in the EPL. But he needs a reset before he takes up that challenge IMO.

Yes he can do as well, it all depends on how they set up the team since they have different playing styles.

Why do you think so 🤔

Objective appraisal based on attributes comparison and the nature of the EPL .

You are already making excuses even before he has arrived considering the bold.

That makes your proposition contradictory.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:30am On Feb 16
komekn:

Oga without mbappe or osimenh psg can win anything they want locally

It’s the champions league that’s the problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03pm On Feb 16
komekn:

I personally don't think Aribo was able to do much and was largely disappointing in my opinion.

But the question, is why ❓Aribo is about attacking and is more of AM. In a retrogressive negative defensive set up formation and strategy he cannot thrive so he will become almost useless.

In this AFCON l haven't done the stats but just from my own personal visuals. The player that instigated more attacks and forward passes,crosses resulting in an attacking opportunity was AINA.

We have decided to abslove VO of any criticism as an untouchable. Yes, VO huffed and puffed, chased and fought relentlessly but he could not blow the house down. He had several chances but fluffed his lines, we have overwhelmingly exonerated him of all responsibility here as an untouchable

VO is considered to be world 🌎 class by many here, for me the key component of world class is CONSISTENT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE in all situations. In the AFCON like it or not VO did not perform world class. I wonder if Haaland, Benzema ,etc was in the Nigerian team would they have got just one goal 🥅🤔.

Put Haaland in our setup and he won't flourish in that setup. They might have scored more than one but won't excel in their full capacity. for the system Osimhen found himself, he performed 110%. It is hard to criticise when you see the player put in effort.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 12:28pm On Feb 16
M7even:

Yes, he should go. Okoye will be in contention for the number 1 spot. He needs to earn the money hopefully they offer him 5 years contract
except no b J.P b coach again…if okoye like let him catch all the birds flying in the sky, before J.P go give am no1 jersey na until nwabali start to misbehave

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16
Joebie:

Wrong
They’re signing him to try to win the UCL trophy
Something that Messi, Neymar & Mbappe couldn’t do
Wrong move to go to France
That country ain’t gonna produce a European champion in a decade
Best bet is Spain, England, Germany or Italy
French league isn’t competitive

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 12:55pm On Feb 16
komekn:

That second goal that haaland scored would had Been missed by osimehn. I used to tremendously hype him prior to Ghana vs Nigeria 2 legged game. Afterwards, I realized that he is just a power, never say die, warrior that flops in big game. I wouldn’t criticize him because he puts his life on the line for us with the amount of hustling that he does at game. He just needs to refine his style

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:56pm On Feb 16
elyte89:
Jose peseiro is going no where…if we re to judge by his post on IG

D guy no dey go anywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 1:07pm On Feb 16
Although, no player should be bullied at all but how are our fans bullying iwobi and allowing chukwueze to go free? When, chukwueze didn’t do anything worthy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16
Bannedlargedx2:

That second goal that haaland scored would had Been missed by osimehn. I used to tremendously hype him prior to Ghana vs Nigeria 2 legged game. Afterwards, I realized that he is just a power, never say die, warrior that flops in big game. I wouldn’t criticize him because he puts his life on the line for us with the amount of hustling that he does at game. He just needs to refine his style

Agreed without question ❓

If he wants to be truly world class he has a lot of work to do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16
TheGoodJoe:

Put Haaland in our setup and he won't flourish in that setup. They might have scored more than one but won't excel in their full capacity. for the system Osimhen found himself, he performed 110%. It is hard to criticise when you see the player put in effort.

VO sweated blood and almost died trying his absolute best for his country. His work rate phenomenal,his aggression unparalleled, he plays with blind rage and is relentless, nobody likes him he is a warrior.

People have called him world class and to be world class I am afraid he has to do more. Scoring 1 goal in the whole tournament is unfortunately not good enough. Irrespective of all the other things he does in the games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16
yinkeys:

Wrong
They’re signing him to try to win the UCL trophy
Something that Messi, Neymar & Mbappe couldn’t do
Wrong move to go to France
That country ain’t gonna produce a European champion in a decade
Best bet is Spain, England, Germany or Italy
French league isn’t competitive
Soon Saudi league would get to their level with the amount of experienced players trooping into Saudi

I say he goes to PSG. Osimhen gets to work with Luis Enrique who is a master in attacking football. Osimhen will benefit a lot from working with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Seagodess(f): 1:47pm On Feb 16
M7even:

Yes, he should go. Okoye will be in contention for the number 1 spot. He needs to earn the money hopefully they offer him 5 years contract
so money over career now? if he goes and he's not active, he should forget his place in the national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Seagodess(f): 1:49pm On Feb 16
ChrisKels:

Emmy fashi, Iroegbulam is a super talented midfielder but realistically, I don’t see that boy playing for Nigeria, hence I’m asking Komekn to clear the air, but he keeps shying away from that. It’s not just enough to drop names in here, are the names interested in repping the badge?

I would love us to have a player like Iroegbu if he was actually interested. His difficult times at Villa is transient, so I wouldn’t under rate him just yet.

That said, Onyedika deserves his flowers. Dude does his thing like Kessie and he does it well. Jpez messed up our opportunities by opting for Iwobi ahead of Onyii even though Onyii was tailor made for that role.
oga the few minutes he came on. He didn't impressed,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:50pm On Feb 16
komekn:

VO sweated blood and almost died trying his absolute best for his country. His work rate phenomenal,his aggression unparalleled, he plays with blind rage and is relentless, nobody likes him he is a warrior.

People have called him world-class, and to be world-class, I am afraid he has to do more. Scoring 1 goal in the whole tournament is unfortunately not good enough. Irrespective of all the other things he does in the games.

Put Haaland in that situation, and he might not even score a goal. Does that mean Haaland is not world-class? See how Osimhen worked with Spaletti and how he excelled. Tactical setup plays a big role in performances.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:29pm On Feb 16
TheGoodJoe:

Put Haaland in that situation, and he might not even score a goal. Does that mean Haaland is not world-class? See how Osimhen worked with Spaletti and how he excelled. Tactical setup plays a big role in performances.

Completely agree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16
Bannedlargedx2:
Although, no player should be bullied at all but how are our fans bullying iwobi and allowing chukwueze to go free? When, chukwueze didn’t do anything worthy
nobody should be bullied. We need to be better than the previous generations when it comes to dealing with losses. Ironically Chuks was not targeted for his bad performances because of his previous bad performances. No one expected him to turn and he didn't disappoint us. You can't be disappointed when you have no expectations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16
komekn:

That's not in dispute but it's part of football ⚽ injuries and how you manage them.

Your program of injury prevention pre match and post match preparation.

Unfortunately, many a player have had their careers cut short and or progression stifled by injury.

If he had not been injured I am almost certain that he would have played every game in the championship.

Jude Bellingham at age 16 played 42 out of 46 games in the 2019/20 season in the Championship in his relegation zone Birmingham city club. He is just 20 and has scattered La Liga.

Ngole Kante for four seasons didn't miss more than 2/3 games in each season of the premier League. His injury prevention program considering he runs more than any other player in the EPL must be phenomenal.

The same goes for Messi and Ronaldo
not that convinced about your injury prevention talk. Jude has already missed 7 matches this season through injury. He only missed 4 matches throughout his 3 years in Germany. Even Kante had to be sold because of his recurring injuries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:46pm On Feb 16
Amedino99:
nobody should be bullied. We need to be better than the previous generations when it comes to dealing with losses. Ironically Chuks was not targeted for his bad performances because of his previous bad performances. No one expected him to turn and he didn't disappoint us. You can't be disappointed when you have no expectations.

Chukwueze might loose his relevance if he dies not improve. I forsee Nathan tells benching him.
The only thing I can say in his defence I'd that he plays better in a 4 3 3 with less defensive duties

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15871) (15872) (15873) (15874) (15875) (15876) (15877) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Taazenga(m), Napoleon55(m), immobilare(m), cromz(m), Joebie and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.