Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,934 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15893) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11636771 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15890) (15891) (15892) (15893) (15894) (15895) (15896) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 9:23pm On Feb 22
Barryseal:

Portugal seems to be the hotbed of young forward thinking managers. Marco Silva, Rúben Amorim, Sergio Conceição, Nuno Espirito, Paulo Fonseca and the likes. You're in for a long thing if you play their teams.
This is why I recommend Pedro Goncalves, the young Angola coach if Peseiro is leaving.

The link tries to explains what Portugal seems to be doing right https://football.fmh.ulisboa.pt/portugals-army-of-special-ones-coaches/

You get sense my man. Portugal has been producing some of the best managers in recent years. Pedro G would do a welcome manager if he’s given full control on recruiting players and the tactical set up. No having players and formations forced on him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 9:27pm On Feb 22
yinkeys:

Ajax are sheeet bro for the past 2 seasons
Glad Bassey got out right on time

Ajax have not been good for the past few seasons but they are still one of Europe’s biggest clubs. Same with Porto.

Porto is one of the biggest clubs in Europe and is a stepping stone for the best in South America to come to Europe.

I think Porto has played in what? 14 of the last 16 round of 16 matches. Those are not small boys at all. You can’t place Fulham above them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22
Sugarboyy:

Have you stayed in Ghana before?
If you haven't, maybe you should first ask those with first hand information before thinking of not.

Those people can be regarded as the worse humans on earth. They are very jealous, wicked, heartless and above all, extremely lazy and individually poor.

I stayed in Ghana for years and I'm speaking basically from experience
na so many of dem here they talk wetin dem no knw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22
Make Uzoho just organize send off party and charity match if Okoye eventually decides to come back.

Arthur

Okoye

Nwabali

Arsenal goalkeeper, Ovie Ejeheri might declare soon.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sugarboyy(m): 9:41pm On Feb 22
charlesemeka85:
na so many of dem here they talk wetin dem no knw
I usually tell people nowadays, if I'm given a free US visa with a condition that I have to pass through Ghana, I will tear the visa to pieces.
If you know wetin those Ghanaians used our eyes see ehn... And if you complain or try to fight back, the next morning their police or immigration don they knock for your door.
And what ignorant Nigerians don't know is that an average Nigerian is richer than a rich Ghanaian... Very poor people.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22
MetalJigsaw:
The quality of 🅰️ssist Osimhen received for that goal against Barcelona last night further proves that Nigeria Super Eagles needs a Creative Midfielder ASAP...

Osimhen's lack of goals at the just concluded #AFCON was mostly due to lack of quality supplies from the midfield.

To get the best out of this beast, we Must FEED HIM MORE...
feeding was not osimhen's issue in the afcon. My man missed 6 big chances in the whole tournament not even counting the one on one the goal keeper saved during the eq guinea match.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:45pm On Feb 22
Princezibk:
Same here 😩😩

I’m a lady

I almost thought you conveyed your messages like Safarigirl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22
Amedino99:
feeding was not osimhen's issue in the afcon. My man missed 6 big chances in the whole tournament not even counting the one on one the goal keeper saved during the eq guinea match.
He was still under fed.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:57pm On Feb 22
MetalJigsaw:
He was still under fed.
he scored his only shot on target against Barca. Feeding was not his problem in afcon. It just wasn't meant to be his tournament but saying he was underfed is not close to the truth. The guy even had 3 cancelled goals. Is that the sign of someone that was underfed?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:02pm On Feb 22
I have been watching this Olatunji guy at Sparta Praha for sometime now. Very good player!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22
Sugarboyy:

I usually tell people nowadays, if I'm given a free US visa with a condition that I have to pass through Ghana, I will tear the visa to pieces.
If you know wetin those Ghanaians used our eyes see ehn... And if you complain or try to fight back, the next morning their police or immigration don they knock for your door.
And what ignorant Nigerians don't know is that an average Nigerian is richer than a rich Ghanaian... Very poor people.
stinkingly poor pple

Over poverty dey worry dem. They see an average Nigerian to be super rich

Most of the good houses and apartments na Nigerians they rent am na. A typical Ghanaian go just knack batcher for one corner dey live with em wife n kids dey chop kenke with pepper wey dem grind with pepper onions and dry fish 3 times a day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pple wey be say if u buy dem Guinness stout em dey be dem like say u buy dem crystal Champaign 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Few wey u go see dey do well na their government workers and their highest car na Hyundai 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Any exotic car like Benz and others wey u see for street look well na Nigerian Dey drive am 🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22
Amedino99:
he scored his only shot on target against Barca. Feeding was not his problem in afcon. It just wasn't meant to be his tournament but saying he was underfed is not close to the truth. The guy even had 3 cancelled goals. Is that the sign of someone that was underfed?
Agreed. Now let's talk about the crucial stages like the Semi final and final what do you say?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:07pm On Feb 22
M7even:

I think it's evenly balanced. There are Ghanaians who are envious of Nigeria as well as Nigerians who like to bully and oppress Ghanaians, but many of this is limited to twitter and social media banter. It's just a case of push and pull, reaction and counter-reaction. There are good Ghanaians as well as bad Ghanaians. The same way we have good Nigerians and bad Nigerians.

While we missed out of the Qatar World Cup, we took it out on them in the AFCON laughed and jibed them, it is only natural that they(many of them) will not want us to win the AFCON because they saw it as a nail to their coffin. Which I perfectly understand.

Our rivalry is drawn from our colonial history and national language. We are both bordered by francophone nations but then we don't really look at the francophone nations to chat or banter because of language differences.

Our Twitter netizen is possibly larger than Ghana's population at 30 million. I don't think they hate us, perhaps some do, but not in the majority, however how many countries over the world are comfortable having an average Nigerian around or living there. Ghana is second home to Nigerians with the largest numbers of our undocumented citizens living thriving there. If there is a breakdown of law and order right now in Nigeria, the first destination for many will be Ghana. And that's why they worry when we have elections, they are aware that if it does go bad for any reason in Nigeria, many will move to Ghana.
bro those banters for social media na we Nigerians they see am as cruise but to them na war oooo

Them they do am with so much hatred, bitterness and anger 🤣🤣🤣

Leave those pple cus I don atleast lived in their midst for close to 2 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:11pm On Feb 22
Sugarboyy:

na wetin mk me believe warri and Benin boys

Dem Dey beat Ghanaians steady for street 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:19pm On Feb 22
Bad miss from Olatunji! Very bad miss!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 10:30pm On Feb 22
Sugarboyy:

Is a serious something my people,,, My siz I was talking about was slapped by an unknown person after her (Deejay)performance in one of their top clubs in Accra . What was baffling was that there we bouncers watching excitingly ,,, It was latter she got to know it was the main house Ghana Deejay that set her up .

And this my sis is a famous naija deejay , she has played in major Africa countries including Dubai… So the CEO invited her as a guest all the way from naija to boost sales and co . Infact he was ashamed and marveled by the incident which bore out of Total Jealousy 😏😏… We had to tell her to take the next available flight ✈️ back home before they plan something more evil 👿 than a heavy thunderous public slap 👋 from the banku eaters 😏😏

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 10:31pm On Feb 22
M7even:

I almost thought you conveyed your messages like Safarigirl
lol 😆 ,,, I love that lady’s analysis 😘
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 10:31pm On Feb 22
Update:

The March friendly between Nigeria and Argentina will now be held in Los Angeles, CA..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 10:33pm On Feb 22
charlesemeka85:
stinkingly poor pple

Over poverty dey worry dem. They see an average Nigerian to be super rich

Most of the good houses and apartments na Nigerians they rent am na. A typical Ghanaian go just knack batcher for one corner dey live with em wife n kids dey chop kenke with pepper wey dem grind with pepper onions and dry fish 3 times a day 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pple wey be say if u buy dem Guinness stout em dey be dem like say u buy dem crystal Champaign 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Few wey u go see dey do well na their government workers and their highest car na Hyundai 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Any exotic car like Benz and others wey u see for street look well na Nigerian Dey drive am 🤣🤣🤣
🤕🤕😳😳😳😳😳
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 10:36pm On Feb 22
charlesemeka85:
bro those banters for social media na we Nigerians they see am as cruise but to them na war oooo

Them they do am with so much hatred, bitterness and anger 🤣🤣🤣

Leave those pple cus I don atleast live in their midst for close to 2 years
Fifa & champions league posted Victor Osimhen on their instagram page but all what the Ghanaians there keep saying is KUDUZ will take over soon ,,, Vic is overrated and bla bla …

In fact make I just rest cuz we’re in a more pressing issue in Nigeria 🇳🇬 than those mofos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22
Princezibk:
Is a serious something my people,,, My siz I was talking about was slapped by an unknown person after her (Deejay)performance in one of their top clubs in Accra . What was baffling was that there we bouncers watching excitingly ,,, It was latter she got to know it was the main house Ghana Deejay that set her up .

And this my sis is a famous naija deejay , she has played in major Africa countries including Dubai… So the CEO invited her as a guest all the way from naija to boost sales and co . Infact he was ashamed and marveled by the incident which bore out of Total Jealousy 😏😏… We had to tell her to take the next available flight ✈️ back home before they plan something more evil 👿 than a heavy thunderous public slap 👋 from the banku eaters 😏😏
thunderous slap 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even their local tv entertainment shows and podcasts na 9ja music industry dem carry for mouth complaining that we don’t patronize their songs as they do to ours 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like say we dey force dem mk dem listen to burna boy and co 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ghana as a country is over hyped. The only thing they better pass us electricity and security

Our healthcare system is very cheap and better than theirs. If u fall sick in ghana and u no get money to get good medical attention book the next flight or bus to 9ja if not u go die there 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Their citizens no dey even afford good health care and they all resort to herbs and roots. The reason why every corner for their dem dey sell kai kai with root and herbs

Accra that is over hyped is not even as developed as portharcourt

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:39pm On Feb 22
Princezibk:
Fifa & champions league posted Victor Osimhen on their instagram page but all what the Ghanaians there keep saying is KUDUZ will take over soon ,,, Vic is overrated and bla bla …

In fact make I just rest cuz we’re in a more pressing issue in Nigeria 🇳🇬 than those mofos
our major issue na our government handled by bad politicians if not how u wan compare 9ja to ghana? It’s just like comparing USA to Honduras or Haiti 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22
Princezibk:
🤕🤕😳😳😳😳😳
baba no be lie oooo

Anybody here wey don live there go attest to all I said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:18pm On Feb 22
Sugarboyy:

If you haven't, maybe you should first ask those with first hand information before thinking of not.

Those people can be regarded as the worse humans on earth. They are very jealous, wicked, heartless and above all, extremely lazy and individually poor.

They are not envious of Nigerians but found Nigerian very annoying, dishonest, aggressive, boastful, uncivilized without regard for rule of law. Now , when you xray the Nigerian society you would understand that Nigerians are do not fall far from these labels everyone placed on them.

Even in here in Houston, Nigerians have very bad reputation. Very criminal minded, aggressive, boastful , uncivilized and gravely corrupt.

So when Africans treat is bad its because of our bad behavior. For me , I carry myself with dignity and many times people to believe I am a Nigerian. I want to change that rotten narrative. Nigeria has a very poor image around the world....and they are loud and boastful and think they are better than anyone. It's very embarrassing and infuriating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:29pm On Feb 22
charlesemeka85:
baba no be lie oooo

Anybody here wey don live there go attest to all I said
She's à Babe man. A Princess and à beautiful one at that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:03am On Feb 23
Omanambala:

They are not envious of Nigerians but found Nigerian very annoying, dishonest, aggressive, boastful, uncivilized without regard for rule of law. Now , when you xray the Nigerian society you would understand that Nigerians are do not fall far from these labels everyone placed on them.

Even in here in Houston, Nigerians have very bad reputation. Very criminal minded, aggressive, boastful , uncivilized and gravely corrupt.

So when Africans treat is bad its because of our bad behavior. For me , I carry myself with dignity and many times people to believe I am a Nigerian. I want to change that rotten narrative. Nigeria has a very poor image around the world....and they are loud and boastful and think they are better than anyone. It's very embarrassing and infuriating
shut up and say what you knw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:36am On Feb 23
I’ve had a Ghanian roomate in the past. I have quite a number of Ghanian fiends.

Sugarboyy:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:06am On Feb 23
Philosopher1979:

OK explain how porto are more successful in Europe. Porto has won the champions league twice, the europa and other trophies in Europe while arsenal has only won two despite this their superiority.
Porto is a major team in europe

Do you want to grasp on to past history of two decades ago in game that is based on the here and now and recent times.

You are not being reasonable 😔.

Nottingham forest have won the champions league twice as well , explain why they are more successful than Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:18am On Feb 23
Danielnino00:

There's no criteria you will use in any shape or form that will place Fulham ahead of Porto . Its only your bias and prejudice that would place Fulham ahead of Porto..
Outside of the big 5 European teams, Porto are one of the best in Europe alongside Ajax...
Porto is the club where the big boys go to sign players... Fulham aren't a big team... Many players have left Porto and signed for clubs bigger than Fulham

You are being emotional and sentimental not rational and or objective.

At the time when I made my proposition when Fulham were in the Championship. I challenged some of you to make a player to player positional comparison. But none of you did .

Mitrovic was the striker for Fulham and Marega was the striker for Porto miles apart in quality. Pepe is still the CB for Porto is he better than Tosin & Diop in any way shape or form currently big NO.

Apart from Diaz could not see any of them walking into the Fulham team.

But you don't get into the specifics you rant and make noise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 1:40am On Feb 23
charlesemeka85:
shut up and say what you knw

I didn't know z.o.m.b.i.e.s had learned how to talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15890) (15891) (15892) (15893) (15894) (15895) (15896) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), Henrique99, Oasis007(m), Lyster360, kennysville(m), bossto(m), Ajd19, KpagoGIN(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.