Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11641478 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15912) (15913) (15914) (15915) (15916) (15917) (15918) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:49pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

He’s still eligible boss
😳😳 I doubt bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:55pm On Feb 28
Marjoribanks:
Oga Kog! lol! I am shocked that you believe this POAK suing NFF nonsense.
I am also surprised that in trying to make home your point you are being economical with the truth.

1) The same Paserio released Sadiq and Boniface cos of injuries.
2) The same Paserio decided to change is formation rather than play Alhassan through injuries.
3) The same Paserio rested the same Ekong and Sanusi in matches they were declared unfit to play-- Guinea Bissau and South Africa respectively. Against Cameroon and the final, Sanusi did not play the full 90 minutes.
Finally, at football level there have been numerous examples of clubs/NT playing players through injuries. Many!

However, Nigeria is one of the countries that tried as much as possible to maintain communication with our players clubs to create a thriving environment for them at their various clubs.

The Algerians insisted on having Bennacer though not fully fit and played him! The Senegalese same with Sarr!

Bro from recent interviews with Jp,he seems not to fancy extending his contract as he is looking at oda options…abeg make una use una link convince jp o…he must coach us in d next tournament 2025
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:58pm On Feb 28
ChrisKels:

“He” is needed but we don’t want him. Of all the players that turned us down, omo I hätë everything about this boy.
off the ball he is liability and I dislike such players

I love offensive players who as well helps the team when they re chasing possession

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:07pm On Feb 28
Amedino99:
to put more context on this, they have never won the golden afcon. It's four silver trinkets they have in their dusty trophy room.

😅😅😅
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7UPVqb_CI

Akin’s cameo against Lecce

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28
🇲🇦Morocco coach Walid has confirmed Real Madrid star Barham Diaz will participate in Morocco friendly against Mauritania and Angola. — in Morocco.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:
🇲🇦Morocco coach Walid has confirmed Real Madrid star Barham Diaz will participate in Morocco friendly against Mauritania and Angola. — in Morocco.

big coup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28
Peseiro watches English-born Super Eagles-eligible player (Sylvester Jasper) in Benfica's win

Jose Peseiro was in attendance at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica in Lisboa as Benfica thrashed Portimonense in a Liga Portugal clash on Sunday evening.

According to Portuguese sports daily A Bola, the Nigeria coach was one of the guests of Benfica v Portimonense and watched the match live from the presidential stand.

There are only three days remaining until Peseiro's contract with the Nigeria Football Federation expires but everything points to the fact that he will be offered fresh terms having met his target of reaching at least the semifinals of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The 63-year-old has the ambition of returning to his homeland to coach Benfica in the future, after previously managing four of Portugal's so-called big five teams including Porto, Sporting CP, Sporting de Braga and Vitória Guimarães.

Peseiro watched a potential Super Eagles-eligible player in Sylvester Jasper during the matchday 23 fixture between Benfica and Portimonense.

Born in England twenty-two years ago to a Bulgarian mother and Nigerian father, Japser was in action for the entire duration of the game.

A versatile winger, he previously played for England's youth teams in friendly matches and became provisionally cap-tied to Bulgaria when he started a European U21 Championship qualifier against the Netherlands in November 2021.

A product of the Fulham academy, Jasper took in loan spells at Colchester United, Hibernian and Bristol Rovers during his time at Craven Cottage before joining Portimonense.on a permanent deal in the summer of 2023.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=50601
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28
maidaboi:
big coup
I swear, Diaz na superb player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:
😳😳 I doubt bro

He’s played only 2

Maximum is 3

In certain scenarios there can be exceptions for 4-5 matches played

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:35pm On Feb 28
Marjoribanks:
Oga Kog! lol! I am shocked that you believe this POAK suing NFF nonsense.
I am also surprised that in trying to make home your point you are being economical with the truth.

1) The same Paserio released Sadiq and Boniface cos of injuries.
2) The same Paserio decided to change is formation rather than play Alhassan through injuries.
3) The same Paserio rested the same Ekong and Sanusi in matches they were declared unfit to play-- Guinea Bissau and South Africa respectively. Against Cameroon and the final, Sanusi did not play the full 90 minutes.
Finally, at football level there have been numerous examples of clubs/NT playing players through injuries. Many!

However, Nigeria is one of the countries that tried as much as possible to maintain communication with our players clubs to create a thriving environment for them at their various clubs.

The Algerians insisted on having Bennacer though not fully fit and played him! The Senegalese same with Sarr!

I have been trying to avoid this conversation but I think it's time we just ignore all these European clubs and their complaints about injuries, It's natural for them to voice out their frustrations, but that's their business and not ours. Our major concern is that our players will be back from injury in time to continue their national duties just like they do for their clubs, it's all about interests here and we shouldn't allow these European clubs to allow us to turn on our National team coaches and start lambasting them. Jpes got us to the finals, we have already blamed him enough for not winning Afcon now we want to start bashing him again for injuries, what kind of people are we sef, I even see someone suggesting they deduct from Jpes salary for injury costs, is that how low we are as a people?

Which coach in his right senses will drop influential players like Aina and Ekong in any game if they are fit enough to play, is it not justified that they made Afcon 11? Like you said earlier Boniface and even Awoniyi were excluded completely from Afcon due to injuries, why are we not blaming the clubs for their injury and demanding costs too or don't we think we missed those guys in Afcon, abeg let's stop all these blame games. The boys will be back, they just got injured like they also do when playing for their clubs, all this sensationalism is not worth it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:38pm On Feb 28
elyte89:

Bro from recent interviews with Jp,he seems not to fancy extending his contract as he is looking at oda options…abeg make una use una link convince jp o…he must coach us in d next tournament 2025

The coach may go finally, any serious federation would have extended his contract by now. Am not surprised, anybody who knows our antecedent wouldn't either. I will be more surprised if the nff keeps Jpes, that will be a departure from the norm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:58pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:

Dis ppu don start preparation against 2025 …dem no wan hear story,na host and win dem wan do 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:03pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

He’s still eligible boss

Back it up with proof

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:07pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:

I love offensive players who as well helps the team when they re chasing possession

With the type of midfielders we have, an AM who’s shortcoming is off-the-ball activities is not a problem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28
ChrisKels:

With the type of midfielders we have, an AM who’s shortcoming is off-the-ball activities is not a problem
you are right especially when one is played with Onyeka and Ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

He’s played only 2

Maximum is 3

this one does not look like someone that will play for us even if he does not make the euros squad. Someone that preferred to play for England u21 instead of a place in our squad. At 24 He's still young so the desperation to play for just any National team is not that strong. Make we face front find another player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Katcall: 2:28pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:

that means you don't like haaland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:28pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:
you are right especially when one of played with Onyeka and Ndidi

If you play Onyeka and Ndidi, your AM has no business marking so hard as long as he is making good use of the balls to feed the forwards when called upon

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:35pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7UPVqb_CI

Akin’s cameo against Lecce

I love this kid.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:36pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

He’s played only 2

Maximum is 3

Hopefully he makes it 3 next month
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28
Amedino99:
this one does not look like someone that will play for us even if he does not make the euros squad. Someone that preferred to play for England u21 instead of a place in our squad. At 24 He's still young so the desperation to play for just any National team is not that strong. Make we face front find another player.

Bro he’ll be 26 come next World Cup

And Jude B is still 20

There’s no way on earth he’s making that England squad if there’s no injury

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28
ChrisKels:

Back it up with proof

Must them don everything for you na wa o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28
Amedino99:

He’s 25 same a Declan rice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28
charlesemeka85:

Lol with his red hot form and injury to the the likes of gavi and spain lackluster attack

I think spain might retain him for the euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28
ChrisKels:

I love this kid.
he plays like yaya toure. He seem to be a very good ball carrier and makes himself available for a pass

I think Inter will loan him to a mid table serie A club or serie B to aid his transition to men’s football next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

Lol with his red hot form and injury to the the likes of gavi and spain lackluster attack

Spain tried all they could to keep him but he turned them down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:10pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

Must them don everything for you na wa o
if he wants to switch that’s his cup of tea but he shouldn’t be romanced

Also he should be made to fight for shirt like other midfielders in the team

With Akin and Eletu our midfield will be in good shape in few years to come

If Nnadi gains promotion with Zulte Waregen to Belgian top flight and performs well he is another option for our midfield

Also the duo of Ozoh(Crystal Palace) and Tim Irogbunam( Aston Villa) may switch to us in the nearest future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:11pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

To people he’s having the worse season of his life

Notice how they don’t talk about gift orban no more
Our people only like Watin they shine ✨

Plastic Fans

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

him don switch to Morocco since

I think he was suppose to be in the World Cup but was injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

He’s 25 same a Declan rice
Eze na fool. I wonder wetin give am mind to believe em go get good career with England instead of the super eagles

Sometimes I wonder how pple close to this players advice them in situations like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28
typicalgamer:

Nacho is no CAM/AM end of topic

He’s a cf or st if the top is congested he plays from the flank he’s no AM we should go an find AM
I did not say he's AM. What I meant is that he's been tried there several times. By the way there are many SS that fare well as AM. That is my point

(1) (2) (3) ... (15912) (15913) (15914) (15915) (15916) (15917) (15918) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, dkay51(m), Franktom247(m), Meliforme, Kog45(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.