Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11664666 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15944) (15945) (15946) (15947) (15948) (15949) (15950) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:39pm On Mar 04
mrwilliams9:

lol grin

Just constructive criticism. I watched all of Osimhenโ€™s games in his Scudetto winning season and these same issues have been here. The offside awareness is probably the biggest thing he needs to improve. I actually think going to PSG might help him as they have better coaches than Napoli and Enrique is good with getting more out of attacking players.

VO is VO Every player will have his unique attributes and sometimes singular QUALITY.

There is no player I have seen like VO , he plays football โšฝ like a man possessed, he is filled with a blind all consuming rage to win to succeed. He is relentless focused and with blistering pace he is a killer striker. There is nobody like him in the world ๐ŸŒ IMO. These attributes cannot be coached, he jumps higher than most, he refuses to be beaten. Life has made him like this not coaching.

Its possible to overcome a stronger and more skillful opponents just with sheer obsessive determination. That for me is VO.

He needs a team to make him the center point of all action. He is not a players filled with trickery, deft touches, finesse, and skill. Like say Benzema and or say Ronaldo.

Will PSG with their collection of world stars look up to VO and play for him . They did not do it for Messi, then they will certainly not do it for VO.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04
Amedino99:
don't you think the reason goals come from everyone is because they don't have a pure 9? The strikers are not good enough so the goal scoring burden falls on everyone else in the team. Nketiah has not shown to be good enough to lead and the less said about Jesus the better. He will fit right in.

This should answer your question in real time 6-0 and 10+ minutes to go and 6 different goal ๐Ÿฅ… scorers this is a COMPLETE team.

Modification Arsenal have now scored more goals than any other team in the EPL this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 10:45pm On Mar 04
komekn:

VO is VO Every player will have his unique attributes and sometimes singular QUALITY.

There is no player I have seen like VO , he plays football โšฝ like a man possessed, he is filled with a blind all consuming rage to win to succeed. He is relentless focused and with blistering pace he is a killer striker. There is nobody like him in the world ๐ŸŒ IMO. These attributes cannot be coached, he jumps higher than most, he refuses to be beaten. Life has made him like this not coaching.

Its possible to overcome a stronger and more skillful opponents just with sheer obsessive determination. That for me is VO.

He needs a team to make him the center point of all action. He is not a players filled with trickery, deft touches, finesse, and skill. Like say Benzema and or say Ronaldo.

Will PSG with their collection of world stars look up to VO and play for him . They did not do it for Messi, then they will certainly not do it for VO.
QED, ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:01pm On Mar 04
komekn:

No he ABSOLUTELY not.

That's a conceited view from a parochial mind.

My preference would be George Finidi, l know him as a person of integrity, experiential high level competency not the assumption of capacity by theory.
your own men of integrity no dey sabi work. Shebi na one of your man of integrity go disgrace Ghana up and down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04
Joebie:
Saw this on Facebook lol
nothing on the guy on the nation newspaper. Na frauds and idiots full that Facebook
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:27pm On Mar 04
komekn:

Welcome back Numero uno, Supremo Delusional.

It's obvious ๐Ÿค” you are still asleep or maybe something deeper coma.

Dude has been in the Segunda Division for four seasons of extreme mediocrity. How low can you goโ“Heusca tried to offload him for โ‚ฌ300k but nobody wanted him in the entire Segunda, I guess he was too good for the league.

The entire network of coaches, analysts, recruitment heads,scouts, etc after four seasons could not ๐Ÿ™ˆ him , l guess they were all blind because you seem to be the only one with eyes ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ to see him .

Huesca were so desperate to get rid of him they even illegally terminated his contract prematurely. I guess he was too expensive ๐Ÿ˜ž. So Ponferridina picked him up for nothing and made him the second to the last lowest paid player In the club , why โ“

He has left the relegation Ponferridina from one sinking dead ship ๐Ÿšข to another anchored โš“ permanently in the Portuguese league one relegation zone , Chavez FC.

If you wanted to create a CV for abysmal MEDIOCRITY in football this would be it.

Tell me Dr 2 know one thing I have said here that is not TRUE. But then that is a waste of time your too far gone on the delusional highway to nowhere.
No,all I see is extreme bitterness,hostility,animosity and acrimony in ur heart for these young boys
because of their heroic back to back world conquest.

Since then,your life has never being the same,
anytime any of the back to back U-17 world cup winning squad is mentioned,u rush out with your odium and venom.
Nwakali being your chief target.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:06am On Mar 05
Emma Amuneke,Diamond and ASJ academy $2.5m Nwakali transfer controversy.

CC:BascoVanVeli
CC:charlesemeka
CC:thegoodjoe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30am On Mar 05
Kog45:

I never saw anything wrong in a coach helping the development of players, as long as the players are good quality and the coach is fair. Weaterhof had big say in the transfer of players to the best of my knowledge.

Mourinho played a huge role in the transfer of Carvalho, Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira to Chelsea
Just as he had a hand in Rui Patricio going to Roma.

As long as the coach is fair. Amunike played a big part in the development of Kelechi Nwakali, he already spotted him two years before the U17. The young man ended up as the best player of the competition.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33am On Mar 05
Kog45:

I hope you notice that in the transfer, the five percent is not for Emmanuel Amunike but for the coaching crew for their work put in to make Kelechi Nwakali a success.

It was not a shady or under the carpet deal. This was after the competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:44am On Mar 05
Kog45:

They share the money,but Komkn no get m own cut,that's why he dey vex for Nwakali since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:39am On Mar 05
charlesemeka85:
Through official channels, Omonia Nicosia have announced that 2019 Fifa U17 World Cup star Akinkunmi Amoo is leaving the Cypriot First Division club.
this is sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:22am On Mar 05
komekn:

How dare you criticise he who is a above any mistake.

I can imagine the knives will be out for you
e shock you that nobody came for him ba? Cos we know he is sincere not like you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:08am On Mar 05
Napoleon55:

No,all I see is extreme bitterness,hostility,animosity and acrimony in ur heart for these young boys
because of their heroic back to back world conquest.

Since then,your life has never being the same,
anytime any of the back to back U-17 world cup winning squad is mentioned,u rush out with your odium and venom.
Nwakali being your chief target.

Avoid the plain truth and in the absence of anything else to say appeal to your ๐ŸŒ‘ deep bitterness, prejudices. You sound like a recycled Nigerian politician with nothing else to offer but creatr Division with TRIBALISM you must be in APC.

By the way Awoniyi I know and even encouraged, l guess he played for England U17.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:10am On Mar 05
maidaboi:
e shock you that nobody came for him ba? Cos we know he is sincere not like you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He who KNOWS not and knows that he KNOWS not is wise, but he who knows not but thinks he knows ๐Ÿ˜ž is a FOOL.

Everybody is essentially anonymous and you think ๐Ÿค” you know what is in their minds. You are delusional.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11am On Mar 05
Napoleon55:

They share the money,but Komkn no get m own cut,that's why he dey vex for Nwakali since.

Money that was shared almost a decade ago you are talking about ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:18am On Mar 05
TheGoodJoe:

I never saw anything wrong in a coach helping the development of players, as long as the players are good quality and the coach is fair. Weaterhof had big say in the transfer of players to the best of my knowledge.

Mourinho played a huge role in the transfer of Carvalho, Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira to Chelsea
Just as he had a hand in Rui Patricio going to Roma.

As long as the coach is fair. Amunike played a big part in the development of Kelechi Nwakali, he already spotted him two years before the U17. The young man ended up as the best player of the competition.

This is bare faced manipulation shameless fraud and corruption. As well as a breach of trust.

No coach has the right to demand one penny from any players he coached. Amuneke was employed by the NFF and being paid to coach, not extort and exploit and enslave young boys trying to make it in football โšฝ.

We have always known that Godfatherism exists in the NFF and wide scale โš–๏ธ corruption. It means people will be selected not by MERIT but allegiance based on personal financial gain of NFF officials. It's a national shame.

He should be in jail and banned for life from any football related endeavour.

You want to excuse the inexcusable, you are part of the Nigerian problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 9:30am On Mar 05
komekn:

He who not and knows that not is a wise, but he who knows not but thinks he knows ๐Ÿ˜ž is FOOL.

Everybody is essentially anonymous and you think ๐Ÿค” you know what is in their minds. You are delusional.
What he means is that everyone knows that the poster highlighting areas the APOTY needs to improve on has good intentions and is not trying to refute his World Class status like one bitter ose here regularly does.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:14am On Mar 05
TheGoodJoe:

I hope you notice that in the transfer, the five percent is not for Emmanuel Amunike but for the coaching crew for their work put in to make Kelechi Nwakali a success.

It was not a shady or under the carpet deal. This was after the competition.
Are you saying coaches are allowed to get their cut from player transfer?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:26am On Mar 05
komekn:

Avoid the plain truth and in the absence of anything else to say appeal to yourt ๐ŸŒ‘ deep bitterness, prejudices. You sound like a recycled Nigerian politician with nothing else to offer but creatr Division with TRIBALISM you must be in APC.

By the way Awoniyi I know and even encouraged, l guess he played for England U17.

Oga kokmne you be Elder here o,pls always strict to football and forget these thieving APC,PDP and LP cuz last election was pure tribal and all parties are involvedโ€ฆimagine Tinubu got 75% from his region,Obi got 90% from his region and Atiku got 65% from his side,even Kwakwaso got 70% from his state.

Nigeria politics is a politics of division,hatred and manipulations and is for people who believed so much in cheating and only way out is me and you,nobody else.

Imagine people are still voting for two cancerous parties(APC and PDP)despite the suffering.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 10:28am On Mar 05
komekn:

I don't really get the part of your comment in bold. Which team do you think will be best for him? It's not like his team mates are all playing solely for him where he is now, and he is still their most important best player. If anything, PSG or Arsenal will be the best place for him to learn and develop the attributes you say he lacks. I think anywhere he decides to go, he is one person who will put in everything to adapt to whatever is required for him to succeed. We saw as much in Afcon where he was able to adapt and use his other abilities to help his team win.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01am On Mar 05
Kog45:
Are you saying coaches are allowed to get their cut from player transfer?

Coaches always, especially, if they are actively involved in the development of the players. It comes in the contract from the clubs. 5% of the transfer fee is for development history. It is called Development fee. Kelechi Nwakali's academy put Emmanuel Amunike's name, because he played an active role in the development, to share it with the coaches.

It is very normal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04am On Mar 05
komekn:

This is bare faced manipulation shameless fraud and corruption. As well as a breach of trust.

No coach has the right to demand one penny from any players he coached. Amuneke was employed by the NFF and being paid to coach, not extort and exploit and enslave young boys trying to make it in football โšฝ.

We have always known that Godfatherism exists in the NFF and wide scale โš–๏ธ corruption. It means people will be selected not by MERIT but allegiance based on personal financial gain of NFF officials. It's a national shame.

He should be in jail and banned for life from any football related endeavour.

You want to excuse the inexcusable, you are part of the Nigerian problem.

You are supposed to be enlightened about transfers. The report said clearly that his name was put in there, and this was after the tournament. It was not godfatherism to play the player.

This was a talented player identified at a tender age by the Nigerian coaching crew and nurtured for over three years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:13am On Mar 05
TheGoodJoe:

Coaches always, especially, if they are actively involved in the development of the players. It comes in the contract from the clubs. 5% of the transfer fee is for development history. It is called Development fee. Kelechi Nwakali's academy put Emmanuel Amunike's name, because he played an active role in the development, to share it with the coaches.

It is very normal.

It's illegal ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

You are employed as an individual coach and paid a salary, context is the NFF .

If you are coaching in Arsenal, Liverpool, etc or in any professional football team in Europe you are paid to coach PERIOD. My context is Europe ๐ŸŒŽ.

The club as a corporate entity NOT THE INDIVIDUAL is entitled to a development fee that's why compensation is paid to clubs when they leave at youth level.

Liverpool paid compensation fee to Chelsea for Solanke and Juventus for Pogba particularly when no contract is in current existence. If there is contract it will be negotiation between club's.

When you have an agent in principle agent is entitled to 5% of transfer fee and player 10% but with negotiationd it can be increased.

I will give you some leeway, Nigeria has a way of doing things making convention from ILLEGALITY. However,what you are describing is totally outlawed by FIFA and therefore ILLEGAL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:14am On Mar 05
TheGoodJoe:

You are supposed to be enlightened about transfers. The report said clearly that his name was put in there, and this was after the tournament. It was not godfatherism to play the player.

This was a talented player identified at a tender age by the Nigerian coaching crew and nurtured for over three years.

Groomed you mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:17am On Mar 05
komekn:

It's delusional sentiment garnished with emotive favouritism.

I don't always agree with you but I must admit that your vocabulary brings so much comedic relief, which is good for mental health grin

those who are not on this thread dey miss wella grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 11:18am On Mar 05
komekn:

Avoid the plain truth and in the absence of anything else to say appeal to your ๐ŸŒ‘ deep bitterness, prejudices. You sound like a recycled Nigerian politician with nothing else to offer but creatr Division with TRIBALISM you must be in APC.

Please sir do you mean you know Awoniyi personally?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20am On Mar 05
komekn:

Groomed you mean

Nurtured I mean because from the information I got, Kelechi Nwakali was already training with the UAE 2013 U17 team. That is, he was in camp with Iheanacho's set and to the 2015 set. So he was a small boy and nurtured. Amunike was the coach in both camps.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Mar 05
komekn:

It's illegal ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If you are coaching in Arsenal, Liverpool, etc or in any professional football team in Europe you are paid to coach PERIOD. My context is Europe ๐ŸŒŽ.

The club as a corporate entity NOT THE INDIVIDUAL is entitled to a development fee that's why compensation is paid to clubs when they leave at youth level.

Liverpool paid compensation fee to Chelsea for Solanke and Juventus for Pogba particularly when no contract is in current existence. If there is contract it will be negotiation between club's.

When you have an agent in principle agent is entitled to 5% of transfer fee and player 10% but with negotiationd it can be increased.

I will give you some leeway, Nigeria has a way of doing things making convention from ILLEGALITY. However,what you are describing is totally outlawed by FIFA and therefore ILLEGAL.

It is not illegal.

Clubs always pay development fees to small academies and coaches who help develop the players.

This is Arsenal we are talking about that made the payment and they know more about this than you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24am On Mar 05
komekn:

It's illegal ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Go and research about it. There have been numerous court cases about this, where other people believe they suppose to get a part of the developmental fees because of the role they played in the player's growth.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:25am On Mar 05
superbloke:

I don't really get the part of your comment in bold. Which team do you think will be best for him? It's not like his team mates are all playing solely for him where he is now, and he is still their most important best player. If anything, PSG or Arsenal will be the best place for him to learn and develop the attributes you say he lacks. I think anywhere he decides to go, he is one person who will put in everything to adapt to whatever is required for him to succeed. We saw as much in Afcon where he was able to adapt and use his other abilities to help his team win.

If you could spend 20 minutes in Arsenal academy you would understand.

Sorry when you spend ยฃ100 million on a player he is coming with expectation to hit the ground running and have immediate impact. He is the finished article nothing missing.

He is not coming to learn and develop he is coming as the finished article. All his learning should have been done at the academy in his teens.

While he is learning academy boys will overtake you with your huge price tag and make you incompetent. Ask Pepe how he felt when 16 year old Saka benched him.

You may heard of Nwaneri and Obi ( 16) scored 10 goals against Liverpool in a U16 game.

The Arsenal team plays a game of extreme technical proficiency, with deft seamless player interchange. That is not VO best game if you ask me.

In Napoli he is still the point man the quintessential number 9. His team mates may not always support him but that's the core strategy of Napoli.

Arsenal will ABSOLUTELY not change their strategy and style to suit VO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28am On Mar 05
TheGoodJoe:

Go and research about it. There have been numerous court cases about this, where other people believe they suppose to get a part of the developmental fees because of the role they played in the player's growth.

Belief does not equate to legal entitlement and or proprietary interest.

You are talking completely out of ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:29am On Mar 05
komekn:

Money that was shared almost a decade ago you are talking about ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ
U supposed to have forgotten about the money and leave the boy alone.
U r even earning fat $ and he is just managing with his weekly urgent 2k

(1) (2) (3) ... (15944) (15945) (15946) (15947) (15948) (15949) (15950) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), Kog45(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.