Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11687027 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15951) (15952) (15953) (15954) (15955) (15956) (15957) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 11:14pm On Mar 06
TheGoodJoe:
Wow. Enjoyed the Man City game today and was most especially excited with the cameo appearance of Jacob Wright. I can't wait for Nigeria to churn out genuine midfield geniuses.

Keep in mind that this Jacob Wright is home grown and from Manchester.

With the right investment and management, I believe we can nurture and develop outstanding talents.

Jacob Wright. Remember the name.
Aside Mancity are you also interested in Arsenal (at least the Arsenal of Arsene Wenger)? seeing how you love sexy football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Mar 06
GeneralDae:

Aside Mancity are you also interested in Arsenal (at least the Arsenal of Arsene Wenger)? seeing how you love sexy football.

Actually my best Arsenal was not the early days of Wenger. That is Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord, Pires, Parlour etc. My best was the Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas time. I think Nasri, Van Persie were in that team too. Also Denilson. Men the football was so eye catching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06
GeneralDae:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXZRHG5RxQ

The season Arsenal played the most beautiful football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 11:31pm On Mar 06
TheGoodJoe:

Actually my best Arsenal was not the early days of Wenger. That is Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord, Pires, Parlour etc. My best was the Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas time. I think Nasri, Van Persie were in that team too. Also Denilson. Men the football was so eye catching.
Also amongst my best teams ever too (I just love Arsenal generally), but you know, people underrated that set because they hardly won anything. But they were phenomenal as well even leading to the Ozil Arsenal era.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06
GeneralDae:

Also amongst my best teams ever too (I just love Arsenal generally), but you know, people underrated that set because they hardly won anything. But they were phenomenal as well even leading to the Ozil Arsenal era.

Arsenal were on the right track even before Barcelona and now Manchester City.

One thing held Arsenal down with led to two major drawbacks.

Arsenal were not ready to spend.

This caused Arsenal to miss out on prime targets and also not keep high quality players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42pm On Mar 06
GeneralDae:

Missing out on Yaya Toure, Modric, Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo were unacceptable.

If Arsenal had gotten these phenoms along the way, they would have clinched titles, including the champions League.

Also losing key stars every season was abominable.

Apart from that, Arsenal started what we are seeing today.

Can't forget Wilshere against Barcelona. That was insane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:48am On Mar 07
TheGoodJoe:

5% development fee to the people that assisted in development of a player is okay. I am just pointing out that those forming Voltron can chill. Finito.
no where in the world is this practice ok , stop defending corruption

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 5:44am On Mar 07
komekn:

What I am saying is that under no circumstances will any professional football club pay a private individual.

What we have here is NFF officials coaches etc setting up proxy football academies as the conduit to claim compensation/ development fees.

A coach is employed to coach players and even paid and then after recieving salary he feels he is entitled to some share of the compensation. Then what about the physio, the cook , the analysts, sports scientist and fitness coaches,what about the gate man they can claim some level of contribution to a players development. Where is their share ❓

I've never heard such complete and utter balderdash we are essentially justifying corruption, illegality, extortion and exploitation.

You can see why we have the kind of political leaders we have . Our politicians reflect the people who condone corruption.

Opinion authenticated.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:58am On Mar 07
TheGoodJoe:

5% development fee to the people that assisted in development of a player is okay. I am just pointing out that those forming Voltron can chill. Finito.
he was already compensated for the development of the young players by his employers the NFF. Any other thing na ojukokoro. Collecting another fee after being paid by the NFF is completely wrong. For someone who is well known for advocating for following due procedures, it's quite somehow seeing you justify this blatant act of corruption. The only people that deserves development fees are the people that took care of his development outside of the national team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 6:58am On Mar 07
mostob:
You sef dey see am?

If as a coach, one of my players got a good deal abroad and the family decided to gift me a small percentage of the developmental fee, I will collect it inasmuch as it is not illegal.

However, if I negotiate with one of my player's camp to find him a good club abroad on the basis that I would collect a certain percentage of the transfer fee, that is bribery.

From the screenshot posted by Elder Kog, the 5% of the fee was actually given to Amunike AND his coaching crew. That was after the tourney o. Not like he collected the money before the tourney.

Maybe it was pre-negotiated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 7:03am On Mar 07
do4luv14:

Pls Sir to what end is this Article

Perhaps to show that Amunike may not have a clean hand.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 7:22am On Mar 07
charlesemeka85:
I no Dey support evil

Amuneke na crook

Baba your head dey dere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBAMSOLUTELY.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:15am On Mar 07
Crystal Palace and Wolverhampton Wanderers interested in Bright Osayi-Samuel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:33am On Mar 07
villagereporter:

Maybe it was pre-negotiated.
Very likely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:35am On Mar 07
elyte89:

Or else u go commot him teeth 😅🤣😄🤣🙂😄🙂😄🙂😃😂🤣😀🤣🤣😃🤣😄🤣😄

Abeg leave my thegoodjoe alone …I like d guy die 😀😀😀😃,very stubborn
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that bros is becoming too annoying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:34am On Mar 07
villagereporter:

Perhaps to show that Amunike may not have a clean hand.

What do you know about having clean hands
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:42am On Mar 07
Marjoribanks:
When he is from their tribe he is innocent no matter what!

Replace Amunike with Salisu/Tinubu and see them come out with venom! Yeye!

We pretend too much on this section!

I will let this slide because we already know you are mentally deranged.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:44am On Mar 07
mostob:
Several monikers have been dragging this issue for some pages now yet none of them went the tribal way.

Please don't bring any tribalism stuff into this issue. Please. Argue with fact and civility.

The boy is irrelevant, so are his takes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:48am On Mar 07
charlesemeka85:
it was well known then that he beat up one of the European agents that was facilitating Iheanacho’s move then. The incident happened in owerri

Even rumor had it that the late keshi promised nacho a place in his chan team only if he will sign with his agency

Our local coaches na thieves

Why did he beat up the "saint" of an agent? Do you have any idea what transpired?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:51am On Mar 07
komekn:

Breeze blow fowl nyash don open.

I've seen several of these proxy academies set up by individuals to use as a front for claiming compensation/ development fees for Nigerian youth players.

I said earlier under no circumstances will any club pay any fees to a private individual and even more so a national team coach of the NFF.

Did Amunike ask to be paid as a private individual? Can you prove that he did?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54am On Mar 07
Amedino99:
he was already compensated for the development of the young players by his employers the NFF. Any other thing na ojukokoro. Collecting another fee after being paid by the NFF is completely wrong. For someone who is well known for advocating for following due procedures, it's quite somehow seeing you justify this blatant act of corruption. The only people that deserves development fees are the people that took care of his development outside of the national team.

Story, because after a competition, a coach and his crew were included to share in a transfer that was made possible by their dedication and effort, it is corruption. Does not add up.

It was merited.

By the way, they were owed all through even after the competition, they were still owed. So, that your already compensated does not add up too.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56am On Mar 07
jihday:
no where in the world is this practice ok , stop defending corruption

Talking as if you have read the details of every contract in football. Authority. What you stated above, you have zero idea about it. It is pure speculation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:19am On Mar 07
charlesemeka85:
na still dubious practice cus it’s not obtainable in football business

Such only happen in Africa and South America

It happens a lot in Europe too... For instance, Man city paid Halaand's father a sizable amount of money before his transfer from Dortmund. that doesn't include the transfer fee they paid to Dortmund and the agent fee they paid to Mino Raiola.. the total transfer package is said to be over 300m or so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:29am On Mar 07
Nwabali Chases Ronwen Williams’ PSL Record
Brila Mar 7, 2024 7:27 AM

Nwabali Chases Ronwen Williams’ PSL Record
The 27-year-old delivered an outstanding performance, securing a clean sheet as his team triumphed 3-0 over their opponents.

It was Nwabali’s second appearance for Chippa United since his return from the Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

The Nigerian goalkeeper made three crucial saves, thwarting the visitors’ attempts to grab a consolation goal.

With this recent achievement, Nwabali has now accumulated eight clean sheets in his seventeen league matches for the club this season.

Notably, he is trailing behind only Mamelodi Sundowns’ goalkeeper Ronwen Williams, who leads the league with 10 clean sheets in just 13 games.

The performance adds to the ongoing goalkeeper competition between Nwabali and Williams, which garnered attention during the Nations Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:32am On Mar 07
Update: "I Hated Football," Boniface Reminisces 🇳🇬😰

"After I suffered my second cruciate ligament injury; I lost my mom around that time, and I also lost out on a move to Club Brugge... That time I disliked football.

"I will see people playing football, I will just h!ss and pass. It was terrible," Boniface to Ojora.

But he never gave up... He's now making me of the most sought-after forward in the world 💪🏿

So sad his mom wasn't there to see him achieve his dream... But we're sure, she's very proud of who he's become....

"The Dancing Football Assassin 🏹"

£NPFLUpdates #WeReportYouDebunk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 10:45am On Mar 07
Danielnino00:

It happens a lot in Europe too... For instance, Man city paid Halaand's father a sizable amount of money before his transfer from Dortmund. that doesn't include the transfer fee they paid to Dortmund and the agent fee they paid to Mino Raiola.. the total transfer package is said to be over 300m or so.

My guy. Don't do this now. You're comparing apples and oranges. Halaand's dad was a co-agent with Ravioli and got paid as that. This also isn't a new practice as footballers usually do this to either keep money in the family or as a way to get a family member paid. Victor Osimhen and a number or Nigerian players did this.

FIFA has however put an end to this as only licensed agents can be now get commissions during transfers. There's also a cap to how much they can get now. Everyone you listed above are those who should ideally get paid in a transfer; the club selling and the agents (Raiola and his dad).

No one has a problem with Amuneke getting paid in transfers, he however should not eat his cake and have it. He should register as an agent and not take up any national team appointment so he can pursue this full-time. What he did in Nwakali's case is wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 10:53am On Mar 07
do4luv14:

What do you know about having clean hands

Nothing, my dear brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:55am On Mar 07
lovewins:

My guy. Don't do this now. You're comparing apples and oranges. Halaand's dad was a co-agent with Ravioli and got paid as that. This also isn't a new practice as footballers usually do this to either keep money in the family or as a way to get a family member paid. Victor Osimhen and a number or Nigerian players did this.

FIFA has however put an end to this as only licensed agents can be now get commissions during transfers. There's also a cap to how much they can get now. Everyone you listed above are those who should ideally get paid in a transfer; the club selling and the agents (Raiola and his dad).

No one has a problem with Amuneke getting paid in transfers, he however should not eat his cake and have it. He should register as an agent and not take up any national team appointment so he can pursue this full-time. What he did in Nwakali's case is wrong.

Well, you are quite right.. By FIFA law, an individual can not register as a football agent if he or she is "an official or employee of FIFA, a confederation, a member association, a league, a club, a body that represents the interests of clubs or leagues or any organisation connected directly or indirectly with such organizations and entities"
However, I can't verify if the law was updated before or after the money was paid to Amuneke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24am On Mar 07
Danielnino00:

Well, you are quite right.. By FIFA law, an individual can not register as a football agent if he or she is "an official or employee of FIFA, a confederation, a member association, a league, a club, a body that represents the interests of clubs or leagues or any organisation connected directly or indirectly with such organizations and entities"
However, I can't verify if the law was updated before or after the money was paid to Amuneke.

The U17 Contract was long over before the transfer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:16pm On Mar 07
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:33pm On Mar 07
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:36pm On Mar 07
But the transfer he received is based on the 'development' he gave Nwakali as under 17 manager.

TheGoodJoe:

The U17 Contract was long over before the transfer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15951) (15952) (15953) (15954) (15955) (15956) (15957) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.