Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655510 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16032) (16033) (16034) (16035) (16036) (16037) (16038) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:45am On Mar 27
ChrisKels:

Na mistake I take read am because normally I no dey read anything written with blue ink

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:46am On Mar 27
dijon:
Oga, this is National team with variety of play style from different clubside...we dont have the liesure of time for Finidi ball aka back pass football.
This is like the millionth time we will be telling him this. The Spain team he was using as an example had the core of the team playing in the same team FFS. I don't like all this ITK mode of argument. At least listen to other's opinion.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:46am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

We have been in this no time business for decades. Until we stop that no time development and focus on building a good side, we will keep running in circles.

Go and sit down abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47am On Mar 27
ChrisKels:

Go and sit down abeg
Such an enlightening point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:48am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Spend time on the point on discussion and not the person.
There is no need for any discussion since you already have it in mind that you're always right. The basis of discussion is open-mindedness.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49am On Mar 27
mostob:
This is like the millionth time we will be telling him this. The Spain team he was using as an example had the core of the team playing in the same team FFS. I don't like all this ITK mode of argument. At least listen to other's opinion.

Which one is ITK? The point is simple. Keep building the team and with time results will come in our favour. Give coaches time to get the team playing well. Short cut syndrome has kept us in the same position for decades.

It takes time to get things clicking.

I wonder why such a simple point has turned to this.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:51am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

The Mali team has been training and improving. We have been parking bus since Rohr and not developing our midfield. It will prove difficult to dominate a team like Mali in just two games and few sessions.
TGJ, the fact is you won't accept that this was a mess by Finidi. A tactical one. He doesn't need to be given time on this kinda scenario. This is a show what you got so we consider you. Trust me, if any tikitaka manager is under that kind of scenario, will you be begging for time for them?? They need how many matches to be considered at National team football level when over a dozen more managers can do it way better than both manager and the system of play?? Be realistic abeg.

Besides the answer you gave has over a dozen Afcon evidence to prove that this is merely flimsy excuse given by you. I don't need to mention them. This football thing is not Guava and Mango abeg. 2games and he needs more time? See his sub management?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52am On Mar 27
mostob:
There is no need for any discussion since you already have it in mind that you're always right. The basis of discussion is open-mindedness.

I wonder where you got that notion of always right. Maybe I should say sack Finidi and all will be happy.

It is not about being right but pointing the right decisions to make with reasons to back it up.

Finidi showed promise he can get this team to play better. Give him time and we will see result.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:53am On Mar 27
daveP:
TGJ, the fact is you won't accept that this was a mess by Finidi. A tactical one. He doesn't need to be given time on this kinda scenario. This is a show what you got so we consider you. Trust me, if any tikitaka manager is under that kind of scenario, will you be begging for time for them?? They need how many matches to be considered at National team football level when over a dozen more managers can do it way better than both manager and the system of play?? Be realistic abeg.

Besides the answer you gave has over a dozen Afcon evidence to prove that this is merely flimsy excuse given by you. I don't need to mention them. This football thing is not Guava and Mango abeg. 2games and he needs more time? See his sub management?

Even Guardiola had it tough in his first season with Manchester City. It takes time to get the team to click. No matter the possession based manager.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:54am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is ITK? The point is simple. Keep building the team and with time result will come in our favour. Give coaches time to get the team playing well. Short cut syndrome has kept us in the same position for decades.

It takes time to get things clicking.

I wonder why such a simple point has turned to it.
You need to actually be open to seeing other POV and understanding the points being made. This is basic now!! National team football we talking about here. Is that hard to grasp? That is the lens through which most of us opine here. Abi you think we don't want something like Pep ball too. But where's the time? Besides, we realize it's not the superior system like before. Chai

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekehopp2: 12:54am On Mar 27
Nigeria 0 - 2 Mali
International friendly; 27th March 2024

1) Sad game. Awaziem gifted Mali a goal with a careless pass across the defense.
2) We made too many backward passes and not enough attacking plays.
3) Finidi showed poor man management and made very late changes. (You can be sure some players would be glad to see the last of him).
4) In his defense, though, he had no assistance aside from a goalkeeping coach.
5) And as soon as Lookman came on for Onyedika and we switched from 5 at the back to 4, we became porous and eventually conceded a second goal.
6) Naija, being WOWO (We Only Want Oyibo), Finidi has now given them an excuse to hire a journeyman white coach.
7) Who will enjoy a fat salary yet certainly won't qualify Nigeria for the World Cup (2 points out of 6 so far, & no preparations expected before qualifiers resume).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 12:54am On Mar 27
Na only one question I get... Where was the match lost? Defence, Midfield or Attack?

That is the area we need to correct asap without delay. June is just 2 months away ...talking about facing SA. And all we are still talking is we get strikers.... I didn't watch the match so I can't give a good assessment of the game. As some folks in here say, it's just a friendly game. However, how we played or set up is really crucial. We need to name a proper coach asap to get on the momentum we had after afcon. Let's see how we do in coming days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 12:55am On Mar 27
You suppose know that the chap was for business...how do you want him to leave Tanzania to backwater leaguesin Europe.
charlesemeka85:
if na me be tella, Yusuf or bashiru I go para for finidi seriously

If u no test players for friendlies na for officials games u go risk them?

Na tanimu Abi wetin be em name na wey em rush give chance 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:56am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

I wonder where you got that notion of always right. Maybe I should say sack Finidi and all will be happy.

It is not about being right but pointing the right decisions to make with reasons to back it up.

Finidi showed promise he can get this team to play better. Give him time and we will see result.
I'm not the only one who is aware of this though. You're known for your rigidity. I admire your intelligence and the way you encourage civility here. However, your biggest flaw is that you believe you're always right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:56am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Even Guardiola had it tough in his first season with Manchester City. It takes time to get the team to click. No matter the possession based manager.
TGJ pls use the lens of national team football

i dey use Heaven beg you

Or do you think most of us here don't want some club football system here too? We don't have such luxury. We don't!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57am On Mar 27
daveP:
You need to actually be open to seeing other POV and understanding the points being made. This is basic now!! National team football we talking about here. Is that hard to grasp? That is the lens through which most of us opine here. Abi you think we don't want something like Pep ball too. But where's the time? Besides, we realize it's not the superior system like before. Chai

Grasp it.

We were doing National team football with Rorh and Peseiro and we did not grow.

Which one is not a superior system. All coaches have studied it and made adaptations to it because of it's superiority. Manchester City just one the treble and won the EPL title multiple times.

Give the team time to develop. There is no quick fix.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:58am On Mar 27
daveP:
TGJ pls use the lens of national team football

i dey use Heaven beg you

Or do you think most of us here don't want some club football system here too? We don't have such luxury. We don't!!

Even National team football will need time and patience to develop. There is no quick fix.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:59am On Mar 27
Una go argue tire today 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:59am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Because there is luxury of time for Pep to implement his ideas. Can you say the same with national teams. Pepe trained with the guys like thrice a week so there is enough time to practise, correct and perfect different tactics. How do you expect a national team coach to do that? How? Where is the time?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00am On Mar 27
mostob:
I'm not the only one who is aware of this though. You're known for your rigidity. I admire your intelligence and the way you encourage civility here. However, your biggest flaw is that you believe you're always right.

I don't believe I am always right. I want someone to make concrete reasons why they disagree with me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:01am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Grasp it.

We were doing National team football with Rorh and Peseiro and we did not grow.

Which one is not a superior system. All coaches have studied it and made adaptations to it because of it's superiority. Manchester City just one the treble and won the EPL title multiple times.

Give the team time to develop. There is no quick fix.

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

You're back to the Man City example again. Can you help it really? We did well under Rohr until we couldn't. Same way there are many managers that used superior system until they were hacked to shreds. Madrid had a system till Chelsea hacked it.

The plea is stop using club examples for this National team football abeg. They are miles apart to start with and secondly, both Do not have the same luxury of time. Especially with NFF and such a overall setup. Hence, be realistic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:01am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

Even National team football will need time and patience to develop. There is no quick fix.
It will need time. Let's say 5 years or more. What do you think would have happened during that time frame? National team football na 'catch and chop'. Just put together one wuruwuru tactic and take the trophy home. That's what matters.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01am On Mar 27
mostob:
Because there is luxury of time for Pep to implement his ideas. Can you say the same with national teams. Pepe trained with the guys like thrice a week so there is enough time to practise, correct and perfect different tactics. How do you expect a national team coach to do that? How? Where is the time?

That is what I am saying focus on improving the team and stop looking at the disguise of being pressed with time.

It is being pressed with time that our midfield has been stagnant for over seven years. Is it not better we invested that time into building the team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:02am On Mar 27
We have Flash and Reverse Flash on here for a while sha undecided undecided undecided

IYKYK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02am On Mar 27
mostob:
It will need time. Let's say 5 years or more. What do you think would have happened during that time frame? National team football na 'catch and chop'. Just put together one wuruwuru tactic and take the trophy home. That's what matters.

We have been doing wuruwuru but I am seeing no trophies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:03am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

I don't believe I am always right. I want someone to make concrete reasons why they disagree with me.
The single reason I cited is concrete enough. Take the argument outside this thread and they would tell you the same. But you would never agree because you believe you're always right!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03am On Mar 27
daveP:

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

You're back to the Man City example again. Can you help it really? We did well under Rohr until we couldn't. Same way there are many managers that used superior system until they were hacked to shreds. Madrid had a system till Chelsea hacked it.

The plea is stop using club examples for this National team football abeg. They are miles apart to start with and secondly, both Do not have the same luxury of time. Especially with NFF and such a overall setup. Hence, be realistic.

The point was superior system. That was not a comment meant strictly for club football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:04am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

We have been doing wuruwuru but I am seeing no trophies.
We could have been patient for 5 years developing one useless tikitaka tactic and miss out totally from many tourneys.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:05am On Mar 27
mostob:
Europe may be too much. Why not Africa? Even NPFL. But Egunje no go let them rest. See as Taribo that turned himself to Prophet Elijah ontop politics money.

🤣🤣🤣🤣Asin..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05am On Mar 27
mostob:
The single reason I cited is concrete enough. Take the argument outside this thread and they would tell you the same. But you would never agree because you believe you're always right!!!
Them telling me the same thing outside the thread does not make them right. What do you want me to agree?

That Finido does not need time?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:05am On Mar 27
TheGoodJoe:

That is what I am saying focus on improving the team and stop looking at the disguise of being pressed with time.

It is being pressed with time that our midfield has been stagnant for over seven years. Is it not better we invested that time into building the team?
You can't build a national team!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06am On Mar 27
mostob:
We could have been patient for 5 years developing one useless tikitaka tactic and miss out totally from many tourneys.

What did the tourneys give us that is better than building a formidable side that will cause top teams problem over the years? Is it just to go to tournament and show face?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16032) (16033) (16034) (16035) (16036) (16037) (16038) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joxxy01(m), BascoVanVeli(m), elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.