Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11701289 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16059) (16060) (16061) (16062) (16063) (16064) (16065) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08
komekn:

There is absolutely nothing great about that goal a goal yes but great No. You are over gassing it.

The number 4 for Monza is an absolute joke, he stands like his watching traffic he doesn't even jump for th ball or even try to defend and or intercept the cross.

It's shocking abysmal defending it caused VO to almost injure himself as he anticipated a challenge but there was none whatsoever.

Good goal πŸ₯… for VO but shambolic defending by Monza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnSb3fxKOZ0?si=myalyHW5lP_6cmro

here's what the legendary Drogba has to say

Didier Drogba on Osimhen:
"I saw Victor score that goal against Monza. Oh God! He got hurt, I thought. I wouldn't have gone on that ball, it's crazy. An absurd goal!"

i normally skip pass the 'hot trash' you post all the time, i couldn't just swallow this one
your MUMUNESS is legendary

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:54pm On Apr 08
lovewins:
Maybe just maybe football in Nigeria is about to experience change.

I hope this pulls through

This doesn't sound great an achievement to me. Why? Cos in the long run, if progress is not made, typical businessman will do the necessary. Besides, the patience required to be at the top of Continental football and be consistent.

Even if they're running like a modern football club, let's not forget how terrible off field administration is from refereeing to rules to travel arrangements and most importantly, database.

None exist to even make a nobody visit a url and check up records that make the league marketable. This one na pity-ness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08
komekn:

Tell me one top club he has coached at please that gives greater competence than anybody else.

For me he is TOTALLY disqualified he is corrupt, lacks integrity and honour with too many conflicting interests.

He is a big NO NO for me.

You are actually just ranting now. The point is simple. We should get the best person that can teach us the possessive pattern when we consider our clout and financial capability.

Alonso did not coach a top club before his success. Football now is strictly about ideologies.

Proffer your suggested coach for us.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08
komekn:

Has PSG signed him ❓ Currently nothing is signed,sealed and delivered it's just speculation for now.

no shit Sherlock. Of course psg has not signed him. Did you follow the discussion before commenting or do you derive pleasure in being a contrarian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:12pm On Apr 08
jihday:
talking about Bonfrere, some here will swear that oyinbo coaches aren’t corrupt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j1hozxdyc4?si=AJUudnKVMAl34z8F

I was at the National stadium for that game between Nigeria and Togo. See chaos after we lost the match.

I ran away for my life. grin

He rightly said Okocha spoilt that match. Dude just dey dribble anyhow. grin

Dem throw dem pure water sotey players japa . grin

I think Super Eagles should return to Lagos. I wan see something. grin

Kkkk.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:16pm On Apr 08
lovewins:
Maybe just maybe football in Nigeria is about to experience change.

I hope this pulls through

This is what I told some people last week. Sell those clubs from state governments to private investors and see how our league will be transformed but the traditional names must be retained.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:02pm On Apr 08
daveP:

This doesn't sound great an achievement to me. Why? Cos in the long run, if progress is not made, typical businessman will do the necessary. Besides, the patience required to be at the top of Continental football and be consistent.

Even if they're running like a modern football club, let's not forget how terrible off field administration is from refereeing to rules to travel arrangements and most importantly, database.

None exist to even make a nobody visit a url and check up records that make the league marketable. This one na pity-ness.

Not sure what your preference will be. That we maintain status quo?

Even with how bad things are in Nigeria, we have historical precedence to show that things get significantly better when government divest from it. From entertainment to banking to telecommunications, we are where we are today because the government left the field for the private sector. So while not a reality yet is something to be excited about and a step in the right direction.

As we speak, the best run NPFL clubs are privately owned. Remo Stars and Sporting Lagos are blazing the trails. These 2 owners also have clubs in Europe. So we have a foretaste of what is to come.

The problem you highlighted are also due to governmental interference. Once that changes the entire ecosystem will change to reflect new ownership. Referees for instance will be better trainined and of course better paid.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dankorode(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08
damagnificentusb:

here's what the legendary Drogba has to say

Didier Drogba on Osimhen:
"I saw Victor score that goal against Monza. Oh God! He got hurt, I thought. I wouldn't have gone on that ball, it's crazy. An absurd goal!"

i normally skip pass the 'hot trash' you post all the time, i couldn't just swallow this one
your MUMUNESS is legendary
That goal na wonder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08
lovewins:

Not sure what your preference will be. That we maintain status quo?

Even with how bad things are in Nigeria, we have historical precedence to show that things get significantly better when government divest from it. From entertainment to banking to telecommunications, we are where we are today because the government left the field for the private sector. So while not a reality yet is something to be excited about and a step in the right direction.

As we speak, the best run NPFL clubs are privately owned. Remo Stars and Sporting Lagos are blazing the trails. These 2 owners also have clubs in Europe. So we have a foretaste of what is to come.

The problem you highlighted are also due to governmental interference. Once that changes the entire ecosystem will change to reflect new ownership. Referees for instance will be better trainined and of course better paid.

While i agree and love how the private guys are running theirs, I'll say the problem is way beyond just govt interference. We have many archaic thinkers as administrators. Many bereft of even the rules of the game off and on pitch. From organization to Coverage to Basics and most especially, discipline.

We need a serious overhaul. With a database in place as well. Till then...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:17pm On Apr 08
daveP:

While i agree and love how the private guys are running theirs, I'll say the problem is way beyond just govt interference. We have many archaic thinkers as administrators. Many bereft of even the rules of the game off and on pitch. From organization to Coverage to Basics and most especially, discipline.

We need a serious overhaul. With a database in place as well. Till then...

Again, the current structure is the way it is because of government funding. That automatically changes with private sector funds. For instance the club chairmen in the EPL make up their league board. The current NFF baord is largely made up of state chairmen. A lot of these will change as private money comes in. Billionaires won't but their money except their a total overhaul in policy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08
mrwilliams9:

Osimhen’s goal yesterday was an incredible goal but he still got caught offside 3 times that game.

I want Osimhen to be one of the best strikers in the game for a long long time. But to play at the top for years on end, there will be aspects of his game he needs to improve and timing his runs is one of the biggest things to improve.

I know he can do better.

There are certain "mentions" you shouldn't reply. It's not everyone who quotes you that you should dignify with a response. Look at the moniker well, before you reply. I saw his mention just now on my profile and laughed my ass off. grin

Just ignore. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 7:29pm On Apr 08
komekn:

There is absolutely nothing great about that goal a goal yes but great No. You are over gassing it.

The number 4 for Monza is an absolute joke, he stands like his watching traffic he doesn't even jump for th ball or even try to defend and or intercept the cross.

It's shocking abysmal defending it caused VO to almost injure himself as he anticipated a challenge but there was none whatsoever.

Omo
Na you gan gan Dey chop that bitter leave soup you accuse others, even foreign media follow rate the goal but one emotionally traumatized hater from peckham talk say na just goal.
You better go purge yourself from all seed of hate and bitterness germinating in your soul✌️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:59pm On Apr 08
forgiveness:

This is what I told some people last week. Sell those clubs from state governments to private investors and see how our league will be transformed but the traditional names must be retained.
Nit completzky a new idea. Remember we had teams like Leventis, Iwuyanwu, Eagle Cement, Julius Berger, Nigerdock, Ranchers Bees, BCC Lions, Udoji Utd, abiola Babes, Femo.Scorpions, Katsina Utd, Gabros, Jasper, Ubah FC, Mobil Pegasus etc which were all privately owned but where are they now?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 8:06pm On Apr 08
komekn:

U must be a terrible person offline

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:17pm On Apr 08
komekn:

WEREY ALASO NI BOBO YI πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 8:21pm On Apr 08
Toylove:

Omo
Na you gan gan Dey chop that bitter leave soup you accuse others, even foreign media follow rate the goal but one emotionally traumatized hater from peckham talk say na just goal.
You better go purge yourself from all seed of hate and bitterness germinating in your soul✌️
He’s pure evil πŸ‘Ώ fellow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:27pm On Apr 08
Okoye is good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 8:34pm On Apr 08
komekn:

Nawaa. I am trying not to be offensive but you have a serious problem with appreciating our Nigerian born players. You are full of contempt and disdain....tufia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:35pm On Apr 08
Go watch Udinese vs Inter.

Maduka Okoye about to have the best 45 minutes of his career.
I guarantee.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:47pm On Apr 08
komekn:

Brother that's one of the best headers of all time.

Pure individual brilliance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:02pm On Apr 08
Maduka in Action for Udinese, they just conceal throw pk

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08
lovewins:

Again, the current structure is the way it is because of government funding. That automatically changes with private sector funds. For instance the club chairmen in the EPL make up their league board. The current NFF baord is largely made up of state chairmen. A lot of these will change as private money comes in. Billionaires won't but their money except their a total overhaul in policy.

Even some of the private ones still do magomago well.
Attitude 1st else, na whirlwind those billions go go. Besides, they shouldn't be begging them to buy. Potential should be detected 1st. Problems too much.

Those terrible chairmen sef. Lol. One day sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:25pm On Apr 08
COOL10:

There are certain "mentions" you shouldn't reply. It's not everyone who quotes you that you should dignify with a response. Look at the moniker well, before you reply. I saw his mention just now on my profile and laughed my ass off. grin

Just ignore. cheesy
You are a big fool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 9:37pm On Apr 08
AndSunGorilla:

Nit completzky a new idea. Remember we had teams like Leventis, Iwuyanwu, Eagle Cement, Julius Berger, Nigerdock, Ranchers Bees, BCC Lions, Udoji Utd, abiola Babes, Femo.Scorpions, Katsina Utd, Gabros, Jasper, Ubah FC, Mobil Pegasus etc which were all privately owned but where are they now?

A lot of factors contributed to the failures of these clubs to succeed and remain afloat. One is the corrupt and badly run Nigeria Professional League Management. Another is insecurity: on many occasions you would hear news about a referee being attacked, players getting beat up or the team but getting robbed on their way to matches.

The club side management is another headache. Players are either paid poorly or they aren't paid at all because the club is cash strapped. Running a football club is very expensive and doesn't yield profits immediately. Our playground are not well grassed and maintain. Often you will see spots of empty grounds on the pitch. Ultimately, the failure of our government is majorly why our league is in a deplorable state.

If players are paid well and protected with good contracts , and the league management is doing their jobs soccer lovers will troop out in numbers to watch our league games and this will ignite inflow of money into the pockets of the clubs, which they will in turn use to manage the clubs better.

Using Enyimba FC as a case study when Governor Orji Uzor Kalu was the governor, the club was transformed in a short period of time and quickly became the most successful club in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:40pm On Apr 08
AndSunGorilla:

Competing with state owned clubs that controls police, stadiums, league board etc. My man, despite these,league sweat to watch that time but at time goes on, some people were diverting money instead of investing more money into the sport.

Like I said, sell ALL government owned clubs and let there be level playing field. You go see improvement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 9:42pm On Apr 08
komekn:

This is pure witchcraft and sorcery. Gosh!

I suggest you visit Km 12 Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ibafo, Ogun state for deliverance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08
TheLoneCitizen:
Go watch Udinese vs Inter.

Maduka Okoye about to have the best 45 minutes of his career.
I guarantee.

Bro had only one job.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:51pm On Apr 08
Honestly, Nwabali will have to be extra good to keep that eagles number1 shirt, going forward. Omo Maduka Okoye πŸ‘

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 11:25pm On Apr 08
komekn:

The defending from Monza is not good, yes, but VO’s leap and accurate header as still great. Let’s give credit where it’s due.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08
komekn:

Readers discretion is advised always !

This is of the utmost height of bitchiness,bitterness
and maliciousness.

This is black hearted and iniquitous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:42pm On Apr 08
semid4lyfe:

This is pure witchcraft and sorcery. Gosh!

I suggest you visit Km 12 Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ibafo, Ogun state for deliverance
That belittlement and misyarning
deserves some banning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:07am On Apr 09
I commend this defender for he did not went hard on Osimhen contrary to what Mr K was yarning.
otherwise it would have resulted to a career threatening injury.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16059) (16060) (16061) (16062) (16063) (16064) (16065) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03, KpagoGIN(m), Lyster360, 10cedes and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.