Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,244 members, 7,867,635 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11968765 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2017
almudeer:
Mikel didn't played South Africa match

meaning with Mikel in d midfield we can bring in any of our midfieders(Onazi,Ndidi, Etebo, Agu,Ogu)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Daejoyoung:

Confidence is more important, because it can't be imbibed in a day, but recklessness is easier to overcome or guard against, so I'll go for Ezenwa.
Likely Akpeyi is starting but let's wait and see coz Rohr is still saying it Akpeyi is No 1 for now in d absence of Ikeme.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
Likely Akpeyi is starting but let's wait and see coz Rohr is still saying it Akpeyi is No 1 for now in d absence of Ikeme.
Hmm, Akpeyi looks shaky though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
meaning with Mikel in d midfield we can bring in any of our midfieders(Onazi,Ndidi, Etebo, Agu,Ogu)
Maybe not Agu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:04am On Oct 03, 2017
Daejoyoung:

Hmm, Akpeyi looks shaky though.
yea but Rohr said Akpeyi is No 1 and to be candid nothing different between d two even Ajiboye can manned d post.

All i know we are beating Zambia hands down,d victory is not negotiable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:07am On Oct 03, 2017
Daejoyoung:

Maybe not Agu.
All u want is John obi Mikel in d midfield,u don't care who pairs with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2017
Chippa United GK Daniel Akpeyi Heading To Uyo After Flight Hitch
Published: October 03, 2017

Allnigeriasoccer.com has reliably gathered that goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi will actively participate in the Super Eagles workout at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium on Tuesday evening.

The Chippa United netminder could not meet the deadline for the invited players to report at Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort in Uyo as a result of a flight hitch.

Akpeyi arrived in Lagos on Monday evening but could not connect another flight to the Akwa Ibom State capital.

The Dana Air flight bringing him to Uyo is expected to touch down at the Akwa Ibom Airport at 1203 hours, if it arrives on schedule.

Gernot Rohr has recalled the former Warri Wolves star to the national team for the World Cup qualifier versus Zambia following his brilliant start to the season and a return to full fitness.

Akpeyi has conceded only two goals in his last four matches in the South African top-flight, while posting two shutouts.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:20am On Oct 03, 2017
heading to uyo
That makes 23

Kog45:
Wetin Akpeyi do u

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Two Players Named On Standby List To Train With Super Eagles On Tuesday Evening
Published: October 03, 2017

Two players named on the Super Eagles standby list will partake in the national team's first full training session at Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

2017 WAFU Cup of Nations stars Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and Afeez Aremu teamed up with the Super Eagles at Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort on Monday, bringing the number of players in camp to seventeen.

''This is a great opportunity for me to train with the main Super Eagles, at least I am going to learn something from each and everyone of them,'' said Aremu to allnigeriasoccer.com.

The players will workout in the gym on Tuesday morning, before a rigorous training session later in the evening.

The invited players named on the 23-man roster still being expected as at last night are Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United), Uche Agbo (Standard Liege), Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes), Ola Aina ( Hull), Eddy Onazi (Trabzonspor), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal) Moses Simon (Gent) and Victor Moses (Chelsea).

Nigeria can qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia if they beat Zambia on Saturday.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

--AllNigeriaSoccer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2017
OwnGoalNigeria Report:

Exclusive – Returning Arsenal Star Alex Iwobi Won’t Start For Nigeria Against Zambia
October 3, 2017012

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi is not guarantee to start for Nigeria when they take on Zambia in the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers in Uyo on Saturday, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Iwobi missed the back to back games against Cameroon due to an injury, but he has since recovered and even scored his first league goal for Arsenal in their 2-0 win over Brighton and Hove Albion.

However his return to full fitness and goal scoring for Arsenal is still not enough to help him force his way into the starting line up of the Super Eagles, as coach Gernot Rohr will stick with the same starting line up that picked up a win and a draw against Cameroon in their last World Cup Qualifiers.

The front three of Moses Simon, Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo are sure to start against Zambia on Saturday barring any late minute change of mind, although injury could also see one of them drop from the starting line up.

Maxwell Pius
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2017
Icon4s:

That midfield combo is settled na.

No debates.

grin seems like it is..

But we all have our preference..

I'd like to see Etebo start tho.. In case the Zambians decide to shut our attack from the flanks,we can do damages from the midfield and Etebo would be useful there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2017
OwnGoalNigeria Report:

Exclusive – Chippa United Ace Akpeyi In Line To Start Ahead Of Ezenwa Against Zambia
October 3, 2017010

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr ‎appears to have handed back the number one spot of the Super Eagles to Chippa United ace Daniel Akpeyi, according to scoop gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Injury ruled Akpeyi out of the Eagles last World Cup 2018 Qualifiers games against Cameroon, with Ikechukwu Ezenwa manning the post in both games but Akpeyi is back to full fitness and in line to return as the first choice of the team.

Akpeyi has been splendid between the post for Chippa United in their last three games in the Premier South Africa League (PSL), with two Man of the Match award to his name.

On the other hand, Ezenwa has been on holiday since captaining the Nigerian B team to a second place finish at the WAFU‎ tournament in Ghana, a tournament which he was voted the best player despite conceding four goals in the final against Ghana.

DONT MISS ==> Nigeria U-23 Invitee Atiemwen Off The Mark For Turkish Side Rizespor With Match Winner
A decision on who will start will become clear in the coming days when the team begin their tactical drills for the October 7 game, which Nigeria need a win to progress to the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Ade Emmanuel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2017
kingphilip:
what time is the match starting

5pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Another interview of GERNOT ROHR BY CAF

Enjoy...

NIGERIA WON'T UNDERRATE ZAMBIA IN UYO

Rohr: Nigeria won't underrate Zambia in Uyo 03 OCTOBER 2017 07:49

With two matches left in the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup Africa Zone qualifying tournament, Super Eagles of Nigeria sit on top of Group B with an impressive 10 points from four matches against their closest challenger in seven-point Chipolopolo of Zambia.

Incidentally, both sides would meet in the penultimate round of matches this weekend at the Uyo International Stadium in what should be an interesting contest; the Super Eagles had previously thrashed other contenders at the same venue including a 3-1 win against Algeria as well as the 4-0 white-wash of African champions, Cameroon.

Nevertheless , Nigeria’s Franco-German trainer , Gernot Rohr has admitted that their southern African visitors would not be a piece of cake for the West Africans, adding his wards will gird their loins against the Chipolopolo.

“I can't predict the score line against Zambia because it would not be an easy match,” the 64-year-old Rohr who had previously worked in Gabon , Niger, Burkina Faso and Tunisia told CAFOnline.com

“Zambia can be dangerous because they also have a good team; I don't think it would be a 4-0 win for us but the most important thing for us is to win even if it's by one or two goal difference,” added Rohr.

Speaking further, Rohr said the Chipolopolo would not be underrated despite Nigeria’s impressive record against Zambia at international level after winning seven out of past 17 matches plus the 2-1 away win in Ndola last October as well as five drawn and five losses in other encounters.

“I have seen a lot of videos of the Zambian team and I must confess they are a very good side much better than the team we played last October but we are not afraid,” Rohr reassured.“ We only have to give them respect but we won't make the mistake Algeria made by underrating Zambia; they have quick strikers but we shall be ready for them.”

Below is excerpts from the exclusive interview with Rohr as he speaks about the progress of Super Eagles under his watch in one year. Read on.

CAFONLINE.COM: One year after your appointment, how will you assess the progress of Super Eagles? GERNOT ROHR: We started in August 2016 and the mission was to build a young team. Our first game against Tanzania was successful and all along, I wanted a good foundation and that means a very good defence. I also wanted a good mix of experienced and young players. We started the World Cup campaign in October against Zambia in Ndola and the victory gave us a good confidence. In one year, we only lost once (against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers ) and we had good result against big teams like Cameroon and Algeria. At the beginning, everybody thought the ticket for the Russia 2018 World Cup in our group was going to be between Cameroon and Algeria but it's now between us and Zambia. It's now in our hands now and we have to ensure we win at home against Zambia so that we can go to Russia; we want everybody to be focussed on this objective and I'm confident because our last two games against Cameroon gave us a lot of optimism.

Algeria and Cameroon are seemingly out of the race to Russia but how much of the Zambian team do you know lately?

I know a lot about the Zambian team especially after watching their exploits in their last two matches against Algeria as well as the impressive evolution of this team since we met last in October. They have also added young players from the squad that won the U-20 AFCON and from the squad that reached the quarter finals at the last FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea, so we are expecting a big match from Zambia in Uyo.

What are you expecting from the Super Eagles against Zambia in Uyo?

We are going to show a good fighting spirit ; we want to go to Russia to show the world that we are very good team with a good fighting spirit. In this game against Zambia, the player would show what they can do defensively and offensively. Our goal is to win the game and there is no doubt about that. It's a good situation for us because even a draw is still okay but we want to win. Zambia must win to have a chance of going to Russia; and I think they are in the same situation like Cameroon who wanted to win in Uyo but we punished them with our counter attacks. We shall see what they want to do but by God's grace, we shall win this game.

What makes you happy as the coach of the Super Eagles now?

I'm happy to be the head of this group of players and in general, everyone has realised that we have a fantastic goal of going to the World Cup in Russia; and everybody is happy being part of the team. It would be great to lead Nigeria to the World Cup in Russia.

You will be 65 next year but how long can you keep on coaching?

Yes, I will be 65 next year but age is just a number. In reality, I feel like I'm 20. What is important is that you are fit in your body and you must have what we called in French 'Joie de vivre' that is the 'joy of living' and in my own case, the opportunity of working with young players is also a guarantee that I can stay young.

What mentality are you imposing on the Super Eagles; is it the French flair or German ruggedness ?

First and foremost, I'm German by birth. I was born by German parents, educated in Germany and my first professional club was Bayern Munich and so I have been educated in this (German) spirit. I came to France later in my life and I've also learnt so much about the French style and attitude especially how to work with young players because they have good academy system. My roots are in Germany where my father was also a coach but both the German and French set up gave me special
philosophy to build upon.

HEAD-TO-HEAD:NIGERIA Vs. ZAMBIA

DATE RESULT COMPETITION
1:15-07-1973 Zambia 5-1 Nigeria AFCON Qualifier, Lusaka.
2:29-07-1973 Nigeria 3-2 Zambia AFCON Qualifier Lagos.
3:10-03-1978 Zambia 0-0 Nigeria AFCON , Accra.
4:25-07-1981 Zambia 3-0 Nigeria International friendly, Lusaka.
5:13-03-1982 Nigeria 0-3 Zambia AFCON, Benghazi.
6:10-08-1985 Nigeria 0-0 Zambia AFCON Qualifier, Lagos.
7:18-08-1985 Zambia 1-0 Nigeria AFCON Qualifier, Lusaka.
8:12-03-1990 Nigeria 2-0 Zambia AFCON, Annaba.
9:10-04-1994 Nigeria 2-1 Zambia AFCON Final, Tunis.
10:15-12-1997 Zambia 2-0 Nigeria International friendly, Lusaka.
11:17-12-1997 Zambia 0-0 Nigeria International friendly, Kitwe.
12:13-01-2001 Nigeria 1-0 Zambia AFCON Qualifier, Lagos.
13:24-03-2001 Zambia 1-1Nigeria AFCON Qualifier; Chingola.
14:25-01-2010 Zambia 0-0(4-5pen) Nigeria AFCON Q/ Finals, Lubango .
15:15-11-2011 Nigeria 2-0 Zambia International friendly, Kaduna.
16:25-01-2013 Zambia 1-1 Nigeria AFCON, Nelspruit.
17:09-10-2016 Zambia 1-2 Nigeria World Cup Qualifier,Ndola.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCenter/News/NewsDetails?id=Q9bEBe7s0exlQB8oGOXK3A%3d%3d

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Danielnino00:

grin seems like it is..

But we all have our preference..

I'd like to see Etebo start tho.. In case the Zambians decide to shut our attack from the flanks,we can do damages from the midfield and Etebo would be useful there...

Etebo in place of who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 11:20am On Oct 03, 2017
Kog45:
All u want is John obi Mikel in d midfielder,u don't care who pairs with him.
What I'm saying is that Etebo or Ogu would help us retain possession more against a fast team (relying on the pace of their wingers)and also give the attackline more steam. Ndidi is better against less mobile opponents like Cameroon, where he is there to chase the ball but not necessarily keep possession.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamdynamite(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2017
All i know is that we will be in Russia come 2018 come what may.... super eagles fly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:31am On Oct 03, 2017
Group B Match Details:

Date: Saturday 7 October
Match 1: Nigeria v Zambia - Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo - 5pm Nigerian Time
Match 2: Cameroon v Algeria - Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaounde - 5pm Nigerian Time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2017
Tactical German Machine.
His dad was also a coach. Interesting.

soetanoreoluwa:
Another interview of GERNOT ROHR BY CAF

Enjoy...

NIGERIA WON'T UNDERRATE ZAMBIA IN UYO

Rohr: Nigeria won't underrate Zambia in Uyo 03 OCTOBER 2017 07:49

With two matches left in the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup Africa Zone qualifying tournament, Super Eagles of Nigeria sit on top of Group B with an impressive 10 points from four matches against their closest challenger in seven-point Chipolopolo of Zambia.

Incidentally, both sides would meet in the penultimate round of matches this weekend at the Uyo International Stadium in what should be an interesting contest; the Super Eagles had previously thrashed other contenders at the same venue including a 3-1 win against Algeria as well as the 4-0 white-wash of African champions, Cameroon.

Nevertheless , Nigeria’s Franco-German trainer , Gernot Rohr has admitted that their southern African visitors would not be a piece of cake for the West Africans, adding his wards will gird their loins against the Chipolopolo.

“I can't predict the score line against Zambia because it would not be an easy match,” the 64-year-old Rohr who had previously worked in Gabon , Niger, Burkina Faso and Tunisia told CAFOnline.com

“Zambia can be dangerous because they also have a good team; I don't think it would be a 4-0 win for us but the most important thing for us is to win even if it's by one or two goal difference,” added Rohr.

Speaking further, Rohr said the Chipolopolo would not be underrated despite Nigeria’s impressive record against Zambia at international level after winning seven out of past 17 matches plus the 2-1 away win in Ndola last October as well as five drawn and five losses in other encounters.

“I have seen a lot of videos of the Zambian team and I must confess they are a very good side much better than the team we played last October but we are not afraid,” Rohr reassured.“ We only have to give them respect but we won't make the mistake Algeria made by underrating Zambia; they have quick strikers but we shall be ready for them.”

Below is excerpts from the exclusive interview with Rohr as he speaks about the progress of Super Eagles under his watch in one year. Read on.

CAFONLINE.COM: One year after your appointment, how will you assess the progress of Super Eagles? GERNOT ROHR: We started in August 2016 and the mission was to build a young team. Our first game against Tanzania was successful and all along, I wanted a good foundation and that means a very good defence. I also wanted a good mix of experienced and young players. We started the World Cup campaign in October against Zambia in Ndola and the victory gave us a good confidence. In one year, we only lost once (against South Africa in the 2019 AFCON qualifiers ) and we had good result against big teams like Cameroon and Algeria. At the beginning, everybody thought the ticket for the Russia 2018 World Cup in our group was going to be between Cameroon and Algeria but it's now between us and Zambia. It's now in our hands now and we have to ensure we win at home against Zambia so that we can go to Russia; we want everybody to be focussed on this objective and I'm confident because our last two games against Cameroon gave us a lot of optimism.

Algeria and Cameroon are seemingly out of the race to Russia but how much of the Zambian team do you know lately?

I know a lot about the Zambian team especially after watching their exploits in their last two matches against Algeria as well as the impressive evolution of this team since we met last in October. They have also added young players from the squad that won the U-20 AFCON and from the squad that reached the quarter finals at the last FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea, so we are expecting a big match from Zambia in Uyo.

What are you expecting from the Super Eagles against Zambia in Uyo?

We are going to show a good fighting spirit ; we want to go to Russia to show the world that we are very good team with a good fighting spirit. In this game against Zambia, the player would show what they can do defensively and offensively. Our goal is to win the game and there is no doubt about that. It's a good situation for us because even a draw is still okay but we want to win. Zambia must win to have a chance of going to Russia; and I think they are in the same situation like Cameroon who wanted to win in Uyo but we punished them with our counter attacks. We shall see what they want to do but by God's grace, we shall win this game.

What makes you happy as the coach of the Super Eagles now?

I'm happy to be the head of this group of players and in general, everyone has realised that we have a fantastic goal of going to the World Cup in Russia; and everybody is happy being part of the team. It would be great to lead Nigeria to the World Cup in Russia.

You will be 65 next year but how long can you keep on coaching?

Yes, I will be 65 next year but age is just a number. In reality, I feel like I'm 20. What is important is that you are fit in your body and you must have what we called in French 'Joie de vivre' that is the 'joy of living' and in my own case, the opportunity of working with young players is also a guarantee that I can stay young.

What mentality are you imposing on the Super Eagles; is it the French flair or German ruggedness ?

First and foremost, I'm German by birth. I was born by German parents, educated in Germany and my first professional club was Bayern Munich and so I have been educated in this (German) spirit. I came to France later in my life and I've also learnt so much about the French style and attitude especially how to work with young players because they have good academy system. My roots are in Germany where my father was also a coach but both the German and French set up gave me special
philosophy to build upon.

HEAD-TO-HEAD:NIGERIA Vs. ZAMBIA

DATE RESULT COMPETITION
1:15-07-1973 Zambia 5-1 Nigeria AFCON Qualifier, Lusaka.
2:29-07-1973 Nigeria 3-2 Zambia AFCON Qualifier Lagos.
3:10-03-1978 Zambia 0-0 Nigeria AFCON , Accra.
4:25-07-1981 Zambia 3-0 Nigeria International friendly, Lusaka.
5:13-03-1982 Nigeria 0-3 Zambia AFCON, Benghazi.
6:10-08-1985 Nigeria 0-0 Zambia AFCON Qualifier, Lagos.
7:18-08-1985 Zambia 1-0 Nigeria AFCON Qualifier, Lusaka.
8:12-03-1990 Nigeria 2-0 Zambia AFCON, Annaba.
9:10-04-1994 Nigeria 2-1 Zambia AFCON Final, Tunis.
10:15-12-1997 Zambia 2-0 Nigeria International friendly, Lusaka.
11:17-12-1997 Zambia 0-0 Nigeria International friendly, Kitwe.
12:13-01-2001 Nigeria 1-0 Zambia AFCON Qualifier, Lagos.
13:24-03-2001 Zambia 1-1Nigeria AFCON Qualifier; Chingola.
14:25-01-2010 Zambia 0-0(4-5pen) Nigeria AFCON Q/ Finals, Lubango .
15:15-11-2011 Nigeria 2-0 Zambia International friendly, Kaduna.
16:25-01-2013 Zambia 1-1 Nigeria AFCON, Nelspruit.
17:09-10-2016 Zambia 1-2 Nigeria World Cup Qualifier,Ndola.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCenter/News/NewsDetails?id=Q9bEBe7s0exlQB8oGOXK3A%3d%3d

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Daejoyoung:

What I'm saying is that Etebo or Ogu would help us retain possession more against a fast team (relying on the pace of their wingers)and also give the attackline more steam. Ndidi is better against less mobile opponents like Cameroon, where he is there to chase the ball but not necessarily keep possession.
meaning Etebo should replace Ndidi in d starting XI,better to continue with Mikel-Onazi-Ndidi,hope w round it up against Zambia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2017
All dis etebo shld partner dis one,Mikel shld bench akpeyi...stop giving ursef unnecessary disturbance jare u will get to knw d line up by October 7th,precisely 4:30pm or even b4 sef,u wuld knw d starting line up released by d head coach.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Please any new arrivals in camp?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
solonnachi:
Please any new arrivals in camp?
Buhari just breezed in

Gist from d camp says he might replace d fumbling Echiejile
If we re to go by today's tactics and formation frm rohr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
elyte89:
All dis etebo shld partner dis one,Mikel shld bench akpeyi...stop giving ursef unnecessary disturbance jare u will get to knw d line up by October 7th,precisely 4:30pm or even b4 sef,u wuld knw d starting line up released by d head coach.. grin
Truly we w know d starting line up on Oct 7 but that should not stop people's view on d team likely XI.

It makes d thread interesting with different views expressed by individuals or do u want us to go back Roy Keane,CR7 unending arguments that has no value to what d thread is meant for

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
elyte89:

Buhari just breezed in

Gist from d camp says he might replace d fumbling Echiejile
If we re to go today's tactics and formation frm rohr
elyte89 u no go kill person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good day everyone here!!!..it's been a while i commented but trust me i read every page on this great thread...!!!..and i appreciate everyone's input here.
you guys are really doing a great job,keeping it lively!!!
.Up super eagles!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Icon79:
Yup. I am predicting a minimum of 2-0 trashing on Saturday.

Folks are forgetting that Zambia had only beaten the Algerian team in disarray.

O pari

You mean dem no go even score?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Joebie:
OwnGoalNigeria Report:

Exclusive – Chippa United Ace Akpeyi In Line To Start Ahead Of Ezenwa Against Zambia
October 3, 2017010

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr ‎appears to have handed back the number one spot of the Super Eagles to Chippa United ace Daniel Akpeyi, according to scoop gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Injury ruled Akpeyi out of the Eagles last World Cup 2018 Qualifiers games against Cameroon, with Ikechukwu Ezenwa manning the post in both games but Akpeyi is back to full fitness and in line to return as the first choice of the team.

Akpeyi has been splendid between the post for Chippa United in their last three games in the Premier South Africa League (PSL), with two Man of the Match award to his name.

On the other hand, Ezenwa has been on holiday since captaining the Nigerian B team to a second place finish at the WAFU‎ tournament in Ghana, a tournament which he was voted the best player despite conceding four goals in the final against Ghana.

DONT MISS ==> Nigeria U-23 Invitee Atiemwen Off The Mark For Turkish Side Rizespor With Match Winner
A decision on who will start will become clear in the coming days when the team begin their tactical drills for the October 7 game, which Nigeria need a win to progress to the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Ade Emmanuel

CC: Icon79 grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Zambia WON'T score

daveP:
You mean dem no go even score?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
Easier on the eyes:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
It seems like the Zambian FA are worse than the NFF.. They couldn't ascertain the fitness level of their best player against Algeria before calling him up.. Now he has been replaced.. Another one is set to miss out die to visa issue...

So Zambians need a visa to enter Nigeria now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
Celebrate not yet.
OGN may come back few hours of the match to say Rohr made a U-TURN. Ezenwa now to start.

Danielnino00:

CC: Icon79 grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, ThanosKilla(m), Nomyth, bennie1980(m), KpagoGIN(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.