Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11875433 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
komekn:

It's already too late. He is now in a position where he has to prove his quality and pedigree.

Memories are very short in football and your only as good as your last game and a season of under achievement does not propel your career to the next level.

I said this donkeys ago. That the true test of your pedigree is not what you can do with top World class players around you. But what you can do without them, how well can you play and impose yourself on the game as a quality striker.

The reality is KC is not an out and out striker he's more of a support striker. I did not watch the match but the reviews abou him are not good.

Leaving Leicester city is not an option at thus point he has to perform football is very unforgiving. If he continues to put in mediocre performances he may find his position in the SE no longer secure.

@bold is what I have been telling some people here since donkey years but they refused to hear.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
komekn:

I agree whole heartedly.

Nwakali and Osimhen have done nothing to justify a call up. WHATSOEVER.

And some people want to continue to use the national team to boost some players career despite zero performance.

Some if not most, used the national team to as a stepping stone to get their career moving despite the fact that they were bench warmers in their various clubs or academy players while those who worked hard to get to were they are today are still been ignored.

Na wa for life ooooooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hard work, the secret to my great start this season- Simy Nwankwo
By Staff Reporter - October 17, 2017

In form FC Crotone striker, Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo says hard work and desire to excel in the Serie A has aided his impressive start to the 2017/2018 season.

Nwankwo, who has scored one goal with three assists for his modest Italian side, believes his work rate during pre-season, where he scored a hat-trick in one of the games, is paying off for him.

Speaking from his base in Italy, the tall and lanky goal poacher told AOIFootball.com that he is happy with his form this term.

“I am happy with my form and contribution so far for my club. All these performances from me are a result of my hard work. I have worked so hard and wished for this,” he said.

He further stated that he intends to get more goals in the Serie A but only if he is given more playing time.

“I don’t want to sound boastful, but I have always craved more playing time in order to show the stuff I am made of. I believe I have the quality and what it takes to lead the line for Crotone,” said the 25-year-old.

Simy has played 274 minutes for Crotone this term

--aoiFootball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
forgiveness:

And some people want to continue to use the national team to boost some players career despite zero performance.

Some if not most, used the national team to as a stepping stone to get their career moving despite the fact that they were bench warmers in their various clubs or academy players while those who worked hard to get to were they are today are still been ignored.

what does it matter if they can give results

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
isalegan2:
Please I haven't been following. Are we going to Russia?
No sir.

We are already in Russia..thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Marcelo Bielsa Makes U- Turn : Enyeama Back In Training With Lille First Team

Former captain and goalkeeper of the Super Eagles Vincent Enyeama has been handed a lifeline by coach of the team Marcelo Bielsa following his return from a six months injury lay off. Enyeama and 11 others were deemed surplus to requirements by Bielsa upon his appointment as coach of the team in the summer , paving the way for them to leave the club. However 35 year old Enyeama couldn’t make a move in the summer as he was recuperating from the meniscus surgery he had towards the end of last season. Now fully recovered the goalkeeper posted a video of himself back in training with the team for the first time in six months, a post which will no doubt mean a return to the national team set up of Nigeria. Coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has confirmed he has had positive talks on a return with the goalkeeper who left the national team in controversial circumstances last year following a row with former coach Sunday Oliseh.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
ChrisKels:
Marcelo Bielsa Makes U-
Turn : Enyeama Back In
Training With Lille First
Team

Former captain and goalkeeper of the Super
Eagles Vincent Enyeama has been handed a
lifeline by coach of the team Marcelo Bielsa
following his return from a six months injury lay
off.
Enyeama and 11 others were deemed surplus to
requirements by Bielsa upon his appointment as
coach of the team in the summer , paving the
way for them to leave the club.
However 35 year old Enyeama couldn’t make a
move in the summer as he was recuperating
from the meniscus surgery he had towards the
end of last season.
Now fully recovered the goalkeeper posted a
video of himself back in training with the team
for the first time in six months, a post which will
no doubt mean a return to the national team set
up of Nigeria.
Coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has
confirmed he has had positive talks on a return
with the goalkeeper who left the national team
in controversial circumstances last
year following a row with former coach Sunday
Oliseh.

When you are being battered, left and right.

Enyeama should push for a January move though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oya name the players in both categories.

forgiveness:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oh yes. Loyalty goes both ways. Enyeama just need to use the rest of the year to get back to sharpness, then leave for a coach who really wants him.

tbaba1234:

When you are being battered, left and right.

Enyeama should push for a January move though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
KC will do well this season. First sign, Shakespeare OUT

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Dedebanky85:
I don't think it's wise playing so many strong teams before the WC. What if they embarrass us like what we suffered in 98? That's no way to boost morale b4 a competition. I hope we play 2 strong teams, 1 in March and the other in June. Then we can play a plethora of average friendlies in June. There would be a lot of friendlies in May and June of every WC year. In 2014 we played 3 int'l friendlies against Scotland, Greece, and USA in these months. And we still found time to play some Brazilian local teams. So if it's getting friendly I no de fear that one. Just that this current NFF have somehow become so used to arranging friendlies that people can't watch. That's my only fear.
This is a post I made on this topic about a week ago.

Although it may not seem like it at the time, losing can be the best thing that happens to a competitor. I know from personal experience that I always came back much better the year following a loss. Nothing creates that deep drive and determination that manifests itself in your gut like a devastating loss.

The above is an excerpt of an article concerning THE POWER OF DEFEAT. It is nice we qualified for the World Cup and we get to play in a tourney with some of the best teams and players in the World. The question we should ask ourselves is, is Nigeria prepared for the World Cup? The answer is a wholehearted no. Anyone with a little tactical understanding of the game can see a lot of deficiencies in our play.

Rohr has done a nice job so far but if Nigeria must make a huge impact in the coming World Cup in Russia, we must prepare for a crash course. Nothing can prepare us better than the power of defeat. We can not hide behind a veil of small wins or draws.

We were not prepared for France 98 but if we went with less preparation, the humiliation of the defeat to Denmark would have been multiplied.

Our friendlies against Germany, Yugoslavia and the whitewashing of the Dutch team (5-1) sparked the drive in our players and the tactical crew to work hard for the tournament.

I hope the NFF works hard to secure some grade A Friendlies against teams we know we would find hard to beat. Even if we take a huge defeat from these games, it will give us the right drive and determination to make an impact in the World Cup in Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
ChrisKels:
I read somewhere that Leicester City is planning to make a swoop on Tuchel. I pray it works out because Iheanacho would be better for it.

I hope it works out. Tuchel has th ability to change the game play of Leicester City in a short time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Joebie:
I remember that very well. You challenge a player to come for camping in the papers, you did not officially invite. Firstly Amuneke said, he didn't believe the hype around Adekanye..
And some of us support discrimination of foreign-bred players. smh

Anyway, 2 goals and 2 assists -- very impressive.

Amunike held an open camp. Adekanye should have come to prove himself. How can they expect an official invitation letter to an open camp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
Thunk through why it's necessary.

Modified
Why "prove" ?
These boys are in camp to fight to make the team anyway. Why act intimidated?
There was nothing to prove. Nobody said he was the best or better than the boys already in camp. While other boys in Nigeria can just be taken to camp by their parents. Parents of these kids abroad want to be sure that their wards will even be considered in the midst of all the mago mago stories. U think say e easy to just pay for flight from abroad only to be sidelined not because of your child's abilities but for other sentimental reasons that we are known for?
Oga u don pay for flight once to or from abroad?
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike held an open camp. Adekanye should have come to prove himself. How can they expect an official invitation letter to an open camp.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
Joebie:
KC will do well this season. First sign, Shakespeare OUT

Assuming the coach likes him that is.

Let me ask you, without sentiments that is, if the coach starts playing a 4-3-3 do you see Iheanacho starting? Gray has been wonderful, he will take the right side, Mahrez on the left and Nacho and Vardy and Okazaki and Slimani vying for the single slot up top
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:48am On Oct 18, 2017
Hard to say with a new coach.Delends on how the coach wants to play.

Mickael2:

Assuming the coach likes him that is.

Let me ask you, without sentiments that is, if the coach starts playing a 4-3-3 do you see Iheanacho starting? Gray has been wonderful, he will take the right side, Mahrez on the left and Nacho and Vardy and Okazaki and Slimani vying for the single slot up top

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:54am On Oct 18, 2017
I totally agree. Any experienced side would punish many of those his stray passes and those occasional lapse in concentrations.

O pari

Icon4s:

Rohr has stated the Algeria game is a must win.

Rohr needs to work on Ekong. Let him not turn out to be our weakest link in the WC.

I don't completely rule out Awaziem displacing Ekong but it is not likely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:59am On Oct 18, 2017
That's likely to happen, but it all depends on Awazien's form - both at his club and at the national team. Rohr believes in him but I think he went down the pecking order after the SA game. However, if he puts up a stellar performance against Algeria and keeps a good form at his club, I think he stands a chance of displacing Ekong because if we could see those mistakes from Troost, then better know that Rohr sees them as well.

O pari

Danielnino00:

Balogun and Awazeim?

Barring any injury,I believe Rohr will stick with the Oyibo wall in Russia.. it's not just about their form...They have been partnered together many times and seem to have a good understanding of each other and that's very vital...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:01am On Oct 18, 2017
Haha!! I actually like Troost, I am just worried about some of his erratic passes and lack of positional discipline he often displays on occasions.

O pari

mumemma:

wetin Ekong does u?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Meanwhile.......

2018 World Cup pots (if the highest-ranked teams all prevail in playoffs/final round of games)

Pot 1: Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2: Spain, Peru*, Switzerland*, England, Colombia, Italy*, Mexico, Uruguay

Pot 3: Croatia*, Denmark*, Iceland, Costa Rica, Tunisia*, Egypt, Senegal*, Iran

Pot 4: DR Congo*, Serbia, Nigeria, Australia*, Japan, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

*denotes teams yet to qualify heading into playoffs/final round of games

Four different Group of Death scenarios
*Germany, Spain, Egypt, Japan
*Brazil, England, Senegal, Serbia
*Argentina, Mexico, Croatia, Nigeria
*Belgium, Colombia, Costa Rica, South Korea

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Icon4s:

Rohr has stated the Algeria game is a must win.

Rohr needs to work on Ekong. Let him not turn out to be our weakest link in the WC.

I don't completely rule out Awaziem displacing Ekong but it is not likely.

I really like Awaziem, i wouldn't rule him out from being a starter at the WC. There is still a long time and he is getting valuable experience in a top league.

He reads the game well and is a good passer of the ball. He is still young and learning the game.

Ekong has improved a lot since his debut and for now, he is the 2nd best but it is a long time till the WC. I expect the coach to experiment partnerships and formations in a few friendlies.

Rohr will most likely stick to the Oyibo wall in the WC especially if they remain solid in the run up to the WC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Tunisia and DRC can't make it at the same time. I think you intended to put Morocco instead of DRC. Those groups would be mouth watering tho.

Icon79:
Meanwhile.......

2018 World Cup pots (if the highest-ranked teams all prevail in playoffs/final round of games)

Pot 4: DR Congo*, Serbia, Nigeria, Australia*, Japan, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Pot 2 is worse than Pot 1.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2017
ChrisKels:
Marcelo Bielsa Makes U-
Turn : Enyeama Back In
Training With Lille First
Team

Former captain and goalkeeper of the Super
Eagles Vincent Enyeama has been handed a
lifeline by coach of the team Marcelo Bielsa
following his return from a six months injury lay
off.
Enyeama and 11 others were deemed surplus to
requirements by Bielsa upon his appointment as
coach of the team in the summer , paving the
way for them to leave the club.
However 35 year old Enyeama couldn’t make a
move in the summer as he was recuperating
from the meniscus surgery he had towards the
end of last season.
Now fully recovered the goalkeeper posted a
video of himself back in training with the team
for the first time in six months, a post which will
no doubt mean a return to the national team set
up of Nigeria.
Coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr has
confirmed he has had positive talks on a return
with the goalkeeper who left the national team
in controversial circumstances last
year following a row with former coach Sunday
Oliseh.

Wow! if he can make the bench then Enyeama is my first choice going into the world cup followed by Uzoho (if he continues in the first team of Lacoruna) and finally Dele Alampasu. grin

I don't want to see Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechuckwu Ezenwa near that team. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:15am On Oct 18, 2017
Napoleon55:
what does it matter if they can give results

Yes! Failure to qualify for 3 nations cup are also results. grin

Hypocrisy is the order of the day. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:21am On Oct 18, 2017
forgiveness:

Wow! if he can make the bench then Enyeama is my first choice going into the world cup followed by Uzoho (if he continues in the first team of Lacoruna) and finally Dele Alampasu. grin

I don't want to see Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechuckwu Ezenwa near that team. grin

Ezenwa is our 3rd choice goal keeper at d world cup
Whether u like it not,d emergence of uzoho will only threating akpeyi and alampasu chances at d world cup wyle Enyeama will easily tie down d 1st choice if he comes back.

Not dt ezenwa is better dan d two aforementioned, but when it comes to national team invitation to a tournament, d criteria used in compiling names for tournament goes beyond "FOOTBALL REASON",in wc enzenwa falls into,d guy is going to world cup.Na only injury fit stop d guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2017
elyte89:

Ezenwa is our 3rd choice goal keeper at d world cup
Whether u like it not,d emergence of uzoho will only threating akpeyi and alampasu chances at d world cup wyle Enyeama will easily tie down d 1st choice if he comes back.

Not dt ezenwa is better dan d two aforementioned, but when it comes to national team invitation to a tournament, d criteria used in compiling names for tournament goes beyond "FOOTBALL REASON",in wc enzenwa falls into,d guy is going to world cup.Na only injury fit stop d guy.

This your assertion wouldn't hold water if Ikeme starts playing by January and Uzoho continues doing well.

Enyeama, fit Ikeme and Uzoho are our best bet

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2017
NFF,Rohr set to clash over Abraham
Published October 18, 2017

Festus Abu
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr is reportedly set to battle it with the Nigeria Football Federation over teenage forward Tammy Abraham.
England Under -21 striker Abraham has emerged as one of the hottest young properties in English football after scoring five Premier League goals for Swansea City on his season -long loan from Chelsea this season.
The 20 -year-old, whose father comes from Nigeria , has not been capped by England at senior level, meaning he is still eligible to play for the Super Eagles .
NFF president Amaju Pinnick claimed last month that Abraham had agreed to play for Nigeria , but the player denied that the NFF had yet to contact him with regard to playing for Nigeria and pledged his international allegiance to England .
Our correspondent learnt that the NFF decided to go after Abraham after Rohr , who is a fan of the pacey and energetic London-born striker , told them that he wanted him for the Russia 2018 World Cup .
Our correspondent learnt that the NFF was rocked by Abraham’ s statement, with some of the top officials of the federation allegedly vowing to ensure that the player is never allowed to don the national colours even when he makes a u-turn on England .
Rohr is said to be insistent on having Abraham as he believes involving the young striker would boost his striking options in Russia as Nigeria seek to make a bold statement in their sixth World Cup appearance .
German manager Rohr is said to have been encouraged to have Abraham in his World Cup plans after the player , whose father comes from Delta State, opened his door to Nigeria switch after the Eagles qualified for the World Cup following their 1-0 victory over Zambia in Uyo on October 7 .
“ There are a lot of things going on . For me that is a sign you are doing something right if Nigeria are fighting for you and England want you as well, ” Abraham was quoted by The Mirror as saying last week.
“ I’ m happy right now and just want to keep playing my football . Nothing has happened . I ’m not too sure what is going on .”
But Rohr ’s employers are said to be opposed to the player representing Nigeria at the World Cup and have reportedly told him that they don’t want Abraham on his list .
Spokesman for the NFF Ademola Olajire , who refused to confirm or deny whether Abraham would be invited by Rohr for the World Cup, however insisted the player agreed to switch his international allegiance from England to Nigeria .
Olajire said the federation would not force any player on Rohr , saying the former Burkina Faso coach would be allowed to select his squad for the World Cup.
“ The NFF does not have any player in mind for the World Cup , it’ s not our job to invite any player , ” the federation chief told our correspondent on the telephone on Monday .
“ Rohr is in charge of the team and he is the only person who can invite any player .”

http://punchng.com/nff-rohr-set-to-clash-over-abraham/

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:36am On Oct 18, 2017
[quote author=ChrisKels post=61528620]

This your assertion wouldn't hold water if Ikeme starts playing by January and Uzoho continues doing well.

Enyeama, fit Ikeme and Uzoho are our best bet [/quote

Am not being pessimistic here,as I also wish for ikemes quick recovery. cos d guy has sacrificed enuf to b on d plane going to Russia

But we are talking of CANCER HERE not MALARIA. Well I hope he recovers,b fit enuf and also d b match fit by match,so hopefully,he would go to d world cup,den we can say ur choice for d Gk dept is d best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Icon79:
That's likely to happen, but it all depends on Awazien's form - both at his club and at the national team. Rohr believes in him but I think he went down the pecking order after the SA game. However, if he puts up a stellar performance against Algeria and keeps a good form at his club, I think he stands a chance of displacing Ekong because if we could see those mistakes from Troost, then better know that Rohr sees them as well.

O pari

It seems u have passion for Awaziem than Ekong which i see as normal but how do we judge d two players.Do we based our analysis on their appearance for Eagles or club sides.

On national team i w say Ekong is far ahead and there is no need for comparison coz it was glaring,Ekong is having a great partnership with Balogun and for d longtime we are seen d era of Keshi,Okechuckwu, Nwanu, Uche Okafor,Taribo West back in Eagles.

I w not deceive you Awaziem i watched against South Africa w need to work harder to displace Ekong,though he is having good perfirmance in his club just like Ekong.They are at par when we talk of club performance though French league is tougher than Turkish league but sometimes it doesn't count.

I remember Uche Okechuckwu played for Brondby in Denmark and later Fernabache in Turkey but always number one defender to pick even ahead of Taribo who had it so good at Inter Milan.

If i want to rate Ekong on his ball display,i w pick even Omeruo ahead of him but it's not done that way,watching Ekong at Olympics was like mix feeling,he made a pass in one of d matches and told a guy this oyibo guy still has a long way to go but as d tournament progress he improved drastically.

Honestly his rise in d Eagles was a surprised to me coz i don't give him that chance and Eagles really shape him and we must acknowledge d fact that he is having great understanding with Balogun,no coach we tamper with d bond unless something grievous happens.

I understand d way u are looking at it,honestly his footwork on d ball is alarming but he has other assets that's valuable to d team,he mark very well,he has d pace,very strong,,not easy to dispossess of d ball and very good in aerial.

Awaziem still need to bring his club form to national team,very fine player who read d game but still need to improve on that,honestly is a defender in form of John Stones of man city.If he keeps his form very well and replicate it in eagles colour he w be one of d best,just like d way Joseph Yobo started in eagles.

Honestly good to have Balogun, Ekong,Awaziem in present Eagles,hope Omeruo can rediscover his form coz i don't rate Agbo.Also we have to see d likes of Tournarigba, Irofa may be they are ready coz i don't rate them like Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 8:45am On Oct 18, 2017
Humility017:
SPORTS NFF, Rohr set to clash over Abr
Truth is the guy agreed to play for Nigeria but Paul Clement the Swansea coach threatened him, play for Nigeria and you will be benched.

Festus Abu
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr is reportedly set to battle it with the Nigeria Football Federation over teenage forward Tammy Abraham.
England Under -21 striker Abraham has emerged as one of the hottest young properties in English football after scoring five Premier League goals for Swansea City on his season -long loan from Chelsea this season.
The 20 -year-old, whose father comes from Nigeria , has not been capped by England at senior level, meaning he is still eligible to play for the Super Eagles .
NFF president Amaju Pinnick claimed last month that Abraham had agreed to play for Nigeria , but the player denied that the NFF had yet to contact him with regard to playing for Nigeria and pledged his international allegiance to England .
Our correspondent learnt that the NFF decided to go after Abraham after Rohr , who is a fan of the pacey and energetic London-born striker , told them that he wanted him for the Russia 2018 World Cup .
Our correspondent learnt that the NFF was rocked by Abraham’ s statement, with some of the top officials of the federation allegedly vowing to ensure that the player is never allowed to don the national colours even when he makes a u-turn on England .
Rohr is said to be insistent on having Abraham as he believes involving the young striker would boost his striking options in Russia as Nigeria seek to make a bold statement in their sixth World Cup appearance .
German manager Rohr is said to have been encouraged to have Abraham in his World Cup plans after the player , whose father comes from Delta State, opened his door to Nigeria switch after the Eagles qualified for the World Cup following their 1-0 victory over Zambia in Uyo on October 7 .
“ There are a lot of things going on . For me that is a sign you are doing something right if Nigeria are fighting for you and England want you as well, ” Abraham was quoted by The Mirror as saying last week.
“ I’ m happy right now and just want to keep playing my football . Nothing has happened . I ’m not too sure what is going on .”
But Rohr ’s employers are said to be opposed to the player representing Nigeria at the World Cup and have reportedly told him that they don’t want Abraham on his list .
Spokesman for the NFF Ademola Olajire , who refused to confirm or deny whether Abraham would be invited by Rohr for the World Cup, however insisted the player agreed to switch his international allegiance from England to Nigeria .
Olajire said the federation would not force any player on Rohr , saying the former Burkina Faso coach would be allowed to select his squad for the World Cup.
“ The NFF does not have any player in mind for the World Cup , it’ s not our job to invite any player , ” the federation chief told our correspondent on the telephone on Monday .
“ Rohr is in charge of the team and he is the only person who can invite any player .”SPORTS NFF, Rohr set to clash over Abr

Festus Abu
“ Rohr is in charge of the team and he is the only person who can invite any player .”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Icon79:
Meanwhile.......

O pari

May I ask the source of these pots?

After the Top 8 seeded teams, the other countries are to be potted according to their confederations and not FIFA rankings.

Eg all African teams are to be in one pot with some teams from another confederation to make it up to 8 teams.

Lastly, how can Tunisia and DR Congo who are both justling for one ticket both be in the draws?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.