Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11788655 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
isan:
Love from brazil

The super eagles squad from 1994-1998 was one of the best in the world... Our fan base back then was huge..

Hopefully the current corp of players can do better...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
safarigirl:
this boy gunning to be the second player from 2015 set to break into the Super Eagles. He'll probably do better than Osimhen sef
His development seems to more progressive than that of Osimhen.

That is how youth development is. Some may be average at 17 but later end up bigger than even the MVP and golden boot winner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
Danielnino00:

The super eagles squad from 1994-1998 was one of the best in the world... Our fan base back then was huge..

Hopefully the current corp of players can do better...

Enroute qualification for France 98, Kenyan fans in Nairobi rushed towards Okocha just to have a closer look and maybe touch him.

That was how loved the generation was.

With the quality we had at France '98 we were supposed to rub shoulders with the top teams in that tournament. I mean, we started by beating Spain and Bulgaria(1994 semifinalist).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
He deserves a look in. He is even ahead of the long awaited Success and Bazee.

safarigirl:
this boy gunning to be the second player from 2015 set to break into the Super Eagles. He'll probably do better than Osimhen sef

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Icon4s:

His development seems to more progressive than that of Osimhen.

That is how youth development is. Some may be average at 17 but later end up bigger than even the MVP and golden boot winner.

They are in 2 completely different situations. We don't know how much Osimhen has progress because he doesn't play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Joebie:
GEORGIA: Erovnuli Liga - Round 36

Michael Olaitan scores for Samtredia. Golden Eaglets defender (class of 2013), Aliyu Abubakar, missing for Dila Gori.
Samtredia 2-2 Dila Gori
A beg we no need that kind news. Give us better news bro.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Some people should really stop analysing what they have minimum knowledge of

I was watching one video on YouTube with some dude that 'analyses' football. It was a reaction video to our game against Argentina. Dude knew nobody on our team (not even Mikel, for real?), from his 'analysis' you can tell dude only knows Messi cuz he kept saying how Messi was not in the game. Anyway, he's American, what did I expect?

There was this other chic I watched and I think her followers had more to do with the fact that she has great jugs than her knowledge of football, because once again, I heard nothing. She's swedish

I think I'll just stick to the British pundits next time, at least they have a substantial knowledge of the game

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Joebie:
He deserves a look in. He is even ahead of the long awaited Success and Bazee.

Calm down biko, he is just starting..

Success had good seasons in Spain.

Bazee had a great season with Hannover last year.

Okonkwo never even start..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LexJoshie: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Wow
forgiveness:

When Argentina beat us for replay why dem no count am as match fixing?

Ok, did the referee wanted the match to end 4:1?
How was the 4 goals scored? Was there referee's impute in those goals or were they clean goals?
Was the Argentina national team involved in the magomago?
Then why was it so hard for them to believe to the extent they demanded for rematch?

Based on these I don't think there was any match fixing on the side of referee because he we scored 4 clean counter attacks goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Orji Okonkwo's goal, the last one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2n3od9nCxo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
grin recent stats wise
Bazee and Success will have to recover and perform this season to deserve a call.

tbaba1234:

Calm down biko, he is just starting..

Success had good seasons in Spain.

Bazee had a great season with Hannover last year.

Okonkwo never even start..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Those who have been wondering where Olaitan is will appreciate that update. Personally, I appreciate every player's hustle.

MetalJigsaw:
A beg we no need that kind news. Give us better news bro.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
HOLLAND Eredivisie

VVV Venlo 3-3 Willem II
Batholomew Ogbeche scores hattrick for Willen

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
safarigirl:

I was watching one video on YouTube with some dude that 'analyses' football. It was a reaction video to our game against Argentina. Dude knew nobody on our team (not even Mikel, for real?), from his 'analysis' you can tell dude only knows Messi cuz he kept saying how Messi was not in the game. Anyway, he's American, what did I expect?

There was this other chic I watched and I think her followers had more to do with the fact that she has great jugs than her knowledge of football, because once again, I heard nothing. She's swedish

I think I'll just stick to the British pundits next time, at least they have a substantial knowledge of the game

I know the chic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Joebie:
HOLLAND Eredivisie

VVV Venlo 3-3 Willem II
Batholomew Ogbeche scores hattrick for Willen

Good to know he still plays
Bartholomew Ogbeche that deceived us with a bicicleta against The Republic of Ireland prior to Korea/Japan.
I still remember that game (I had so much belief in him after that match). But my guy off for WC proper cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Trudy12(f): 5:28am On Nov 26, 2017
nelszx:

Good to know he still plays
Bartholomew Ogbeche that deceived us with a bicicleta against The Republic of Ireland prior to Korea/Japan.
I still remember that game (I had so much belief in him after that match). But my guy off for WC proper cheesy cheesy

Not Ireland but Paraguay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:37am On Nov 26, 2017
Joebie:
HOLLAND Eredivisie
VVV Venlo 3-3 Willem II Batholomew Ogbeche scores hattrick for Willen
Ow..Ogbeche. The bicycle kick man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50am On Nov 26, 2017
safarigirl:

Hahaha. This one happened on live radio:
This set of analysts usually do EPL and La liga analysis on Saturdays. Men those guys are terrible when it comes to naming the Super Eagles players. The one that made me switch of my radio was when they were trying to remember the player that came in for Mikel against Cameroon(Mikel Agu). One of them now said "one Igbo boy like that".

Many of these guys know just little of our national teams.

During the build up to the 2014 WC I had to make my way to one of the popular radio stations in Benin to help them co-anchor the show called "Road to Brazil 2014". It was a daily count down show. The guy in the studio was a young chap and seemed not to know any thing earlier than the 2006 WC and some callers were calling in to make references to 1994 and 98 WC. He was not even conversant with the structure of the Eagles team for that 2014 WC.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2017
safarigirl:

Milo is just a smart business woman not an analyst of football. Her vlog cuts across travel to football. I think she's just taking advantage of her looks and men's love for football to make money.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2017
Trudy12:

Not Ireland but Paraguay
You don tey ooo. To know it was Paraguay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Mujtahida:
You don tey ooo. To know it was Paraguay.
and to think she is a lady leaves me baffled...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Humility017:

and to think she is a lady leaves me baffled...
That was impressive. I wanted to correct nelszx only for me to see that she had done so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ratcockoduduwa: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Milo is just a smart business woman not an analyst of football. Her vlog cuts across travel to football. I think she's just taking advantage of her looks and men's love for football to make money.
Who is the milo of a woman. Any links to her vlog.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:54am On Nov 26, 2017
Trudy12:

Not Ireland but Paraguay

Cool I must have misplaced both teams (I've even forgotten we played Paraguay leading to that WC)
Thanks for the correction ma'am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2017
Reading news from ANS and OGN can be annoying with their God knows from where terms they use in describing a player. "New Mikel", "Nigerian Neymar", "New Messi", "New Okocha" players just to make news.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:18am On Nov 26, 2017
nelszx:
Reading news from ANS and OGN can be annoying with their God knows from where terms they use in describing a player. "New Mikel", "Nigerian Neymar", "New Messi", "New Okocha" players just to make news.
they have two Nigerian players they call neymar one is called "Nigerian Neymar" the other is called "Norwaygien(spell?) Neymar"
really annoying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:38am On Nov 26, 2017
Uzoho with another clean sheet Depor B. Having a great season with the B side.

Ebere Eze with another MOTM performance scoring a goal, definitely better than league 2. He has been outstanding.

Manu Apeh scored for Lorca in La Liga 2.

Ogbeche with a hattrick

Suleiman Abdullahi with a goal in Bundesliga 2.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:32am On Nov 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

They are in 2 completely different situations. We don't know how much Osimhen has progress because he doesn't play.
But isn't the only way to know progress by the number of games you play and how well you perform in them?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

Ebere Eze with another MOTM performance scoring a goal, definitely better than league 2. He has been outstanding.

Manu Apeh scored for Lorca in La Liga 2.

Ogbeche with a hattrick

Suleiman Abdullahi with a goal in Bundesliga 2.

I don't buy the crap about Uzoho not being in the first team because of the Language barrier. It's not like he speaks Igbo with the defenders in team B.

I thought Ebere Eze was the chap at Qpr? Anyway, he needs to move away from league 2 ASAP. Staying too long in the lower reaches takes alot away from a players development.
I watched 30 mins of Newport County some weeks back and I must say the level of the football I saw was not higher than the annual Christmas league they play in various Nigeria Villages/communities.

Bath Ogbeche is another example why you shouldn't give a teenager too much too early. He's a huge talent we lost due to the overzealousness in pushing away experience in exchange for the next shinny thing. I understand Bath is still very popular among the Psg faithfuls, they see him as an untapped potential.
I see alot of people already calling for Orji's inclusion into the Super Eagles. Ogbeche was at the same stage Orji was in 2002.....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Do u mean u will take a bench warmer to WC ahead of a starter?

Orji is currently better than Osimhen.

No player has ever progressed by sitting on the bench.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2017
According to numerous reports, Kevin Akpoguma has turned down Nigeria. Ans has the late as well.

Sir Tbaba Congratulations to you and family Sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

Thank God we don't have to beg him, one for the future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, comodo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.