Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666870 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mickael2:

proven yet sitting on the bench at Girona and worse still, Leicester City

Actually not just sitting in the bench playing with the U23's.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Those players are old bones and sailing out of their carrier and abilities. Thwy re only leaning on their big names.

Go and confirm that in case you don't concur.

You are very right.. Just their age.. There are aged already...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho's National team stats prove that his stats in the EPL is no fluke. Considering he had limited time at City and the EPL is no walk in the park.

Football is based on short term and immediate past.

How long ago is that That's last season no longer tenable. Why because it's not continous and it is certainly not consistent performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
*Applause* for Safarigirl cool

Please keep posting, babe. You're one of the reasons why most of us visit here!

O pari

safarigirl:
This reminds me of last year when we were billed to.face Algeria

We were like: " You don see their squad? Mahrez, Feghouli, Slimani....we're finished "

We were finished...with Algeria of course

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kog45:
I will not deceive you i don't believe in top friendlies before making impact at the WC.

I don't think exposure affect US 94 team but just a silly mistake from Olishe changed the game.The France 98 team that have the exposure,what happened against Denmark.

Senegal team almost made it to Semi final at 2002 WC despite lack of exposure,beating defending champion France.

By now Rohr should have at least 18 players close to his chest or else we are going to the WC to make the number again,this what made me question his decision to call Maduka Okoye a keeper keeping for team B of fortuna Dusseldorf when we already have Uzoho and Alampasu.

thegoodjoe how i wish Argentina friendly victory happened at the WC.

I believe the top quality games we played before France 98 saved us from a bigger embarrassment than what we got against Denmark. Keep in mind the Spanish side put I think six goals passed Bulgaria. After the 5-1 demolition by the Dutch national side, it made our players sit up to pull off that memorable victory against Spain.

The silly mistake of Oliseh is an example of what the lack of exposure can cause teams. If we had played quality teams before USA '94, I feel we would have gone all the way. The stage was just too big for our players in a very short time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
Are you looking for group of death..? Here you find it.. Group I

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
komekn:

How long ago is that That's last season no longer tenable. Why because it's not continous and it is certainly not consistent performance.

Totally missed it. Stats or brilliant performance is a sign of quality. Just like Mikel’s performance in the 2005 WYC or Victor Moses brilliant performances at Wigan.

Coaches can treat the players badly, stop them from playing their most suited roles but when the right opportunity comes, they flourish.

When Keshi gave the creative midfield role to Mikel Obi in 2012. We did not see just a brilliant player but a Supernova out shining some of the best stars Africa had to offer.

When Conte put Victor Moses in a role where he had room to express himself, take on players and also have the chance to score, he proved his sign of quality.

Nacho's stats can not be erased. It will be there forever to show a coach what he can offer the team if he is given suitable chance to shine.

There was a time Mikel Obi was the best passer in the EPL. That is a sign of his quality.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

You are very right.. Just their age.. There are aged already...
If they are that good,, they wouldn't need a play-off to qualify for the WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Largebeer..sorry lars largebark ...i pray o... The man gonna dissect us serious.. He knows our weak point... Coach Rohr and other admins just need to start work earnestly
Largerback is now the coach of Norway. A dentist is actually the coach of Iceland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kog45:
I will not deceive you i don't believe in top friendlies before making impact at the WC.

I don't think exposure affect US 94 team but just a silly mistake from Olishe changed the game.The France 98 team that have the exposure,what happened against Denmark.

Senegal team almost made it to Semi final at 2002 WC despite lack of exposure,beating defending champion France.

By now Rohr should have at least 18 players close to his chest or else we are going to the WC to make the number again,this what made me question his decision to call Maduka Okoye a keeper keeping for team B of fortuna Dusseldorf when we already have Uzoho and Alampasu.

thegoodjoe how i wish Argentina friendly victory happened at the WC.
Not this time around Sir. We need at least two friendlies against highly technical sides to expose our flaws and measure our strength. If we don't play top sides then we'd just be playing friendlies for rudimentary reasons. We won't learn much, we won't correct much.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pelezico: 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Totally missed it. Stats or brilliant performance is a sign of quality. Just like Mikel’s performance in the 2005 WYC or Victor Moses brilliant performances at Wigan.

Coaches can treat the players badly, stop them from playing their most suited roles but when the right opportunity comes, they flourish.

When Keshi gave the creative midfield role to Mikel Obi in 2012. We did not see just a brilliant player but a Supernova out shining some of the best stars Africa had to offer.

When Conte put Victor Moses in a role where he had room to express himself, take on players and also have the chance to score, he proved his sign of quality.

Nacho's stats can not be erased. It will be there forever to show a coach what he can offer the team if he is given suitable chance to shine.

There was a time Mikel Obi was the best passer in the EPL. That is a sign of his quality.

Totally agree. Kelechis issue was the manager as was Etos at Barcelona. I wish he were at Arsenal. He would get playing time at least

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
nelszx:

Largerback is now the coach of Norway. A dentist is actually the coach of Iceland

Yeah.. I know have corrected that And I think have posted it too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pelezico: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

My Bro you nailed it. I don't think the Euro qualifiers are that intense at all. Nigeria will top the group. If we sort out the midfield issue we will kill it at the Event.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

Even Iceland... But seriously nobody is giving us chance at all.. Most are picking Croatia and Argentina to qualify from the group
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
Am I the only one thinking this
Nigeria top the group Iceland's finishes second
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Someone here said we would beat Argentina if we beat them going to the world cup,,
Your attention is needed here please reply this post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
whizola:
Am I the only one thinking this
Nigeria top the group Iceland's finishes second

When nobody is giving us and iceland chance to qualify...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
I'm interested in what goes on in Group C as well. whoever qualifies from that group will determine our getting to Quaters and semis

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
neighy:
Someone here said we would beat Argentina if we beat them going to the world cup,,
Your attention is needed here please reply this post

Lol... You still remember... I have a strong feeling we will beat them... Remember how Cameroon so us that time...

Alll fingers crossed!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
komekn:

The same way he worked on KC.

Or are you suggesting that Kayode is possibly better.

Kc was a legacy player he inherited in the squad, same can be said of Sterling and KDB and other guys. He has kept some and sold KC probably meaning he doesn't feel he needs him at the moment. Kayode he bought himself and I want to assume that Kayode probably has some qualities or potentials he wants.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
Icon79:
*Applause* for Safarigirl cool

Please keep posting, babe. You're one the reasons why most of us visit here!

O pari

I admire her tenacious belief in the team. That's the kind of faith we need. Sometimes blindness is what faith is. But truth is we are not blind to the fault of this team. We believe because this team deserves it. We should give them 200% and more belief.

First time doing this but shout out to safarigirl. I doff my hat to you rugged faith. Some will say modric, rakitic bla bla bla. We believe. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Lol... You still remember... I have a strong feeling we will beat them... Remember how Cameroon so us that time...

Alll fingers crossed!
lol the internet never forget...
Let me search for the post and bookMark it..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
COOL10:
I don't mind how unrealistic it seems but go and mark it down and refer to this post next year. We will thrash a team at the WC 7:0. Yes I said it.
i have no fear about our first match,we are definitely going to trash Croatia,the lowest goal will be 3 goals.
this world cup will just be like USA '94,but this time around we are going to be very careful,we won't beat Argentina in a group stage,there is no need for that,we will just play draw on group stage.
because the day we beat Argentina in the WC,it's going to be a trash,we need to beat them in a way it will really pain them,like in d quarter final or semis.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Largebeer..sorry lars largebark ...i pray o... The man gonna dissect us serious.. He knows our weak point... Coach Rohr and other admins just need to start work earnestly
He's a serious tactician ooo. I wanted him to stay when after the 2010 world cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
komekn:

I've noticed that whenever live issues are being discussed you rarely make inputs. For example when we played Argentina recently you went on talking about something else. Same thing today that the draws are out- no inputs from you on it. It's a free World ooo to discuss whatever catches our fancy. I only just want to understand why you do so.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Even Iceland... But seriously nobody is giving us chance at all.. Most are picking Croatia and Argentina to qualify from the group
That is very good for our advantage . That's one big advantage we will possess heading to the WC- underrating us... Our opponents knowing little or nothing about our capabilities.

Thats a big advantage in disguise. It's been working for us right from the WC qualifiers and the game against Argentina.

Big advantage I tell you, and its up to Rohr to utilise this weapon with effective tactics and and defense. And we'll stab them from behind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Let's just win our first match. That's really it. No draw. Just win our first match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
neighy:
lol the internet never forget...
Let me search for the post and bookMark it..

Do so.. I'm waiting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Baldg:
Right now, I just dey reason CROATIA matter..
Modric... Midfield Maestro
Rakitic.. Midfield Marshall.
Kovacic.. Midfieldér
Perisic.. Winger toh badt
Mandzukic.. Lethal Striker.
Subasic.. Good Goalkeeper.

sad
names don't play football,these names u mentioned don't scare me,they are just straight forward players,they are predictable,with good tactics u can cut them off in the midfield and operate from the wings.
players u should fear are players like Messi,Neymar,and co

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
edi287:

He's a serious tactician ooo. I wanted him to stay when after the 2010 world cup.

The man na 419..chop our money run... He's no more with Iceland.... Now with norway
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
One Grey Area We Need To Address Is The Gk Department.We Need Enyeama Back,as The Saying Goes Form Is Temporary But Class Is Permanent So Enyeama Just Need Some Games To Regain Form. Joel Obi Will Add Debt And Weight To Our Midfield,he Will Be A Good Inclusion To The Team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
That is very good for our advantage . That's one big advantage we will possess heading to the WC- underrating us... Our opponents knowing little or nothing about our capabilities.

Thats a big advantage in disguise. It's been working for us right from the WC qualifiers and the game against Argentina.

Big advantage I tell you, and its up to Rohr to utilise this weapon with effective tactics and and defense. And we'll stab them from behind.

Exactly !just that am having a feeling that our friendly matches might project us to the World... Think we re going to perform very well during the friendly...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, 2innocent(m), jihday(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.