Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685839 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Why? Pls, don't give irrelevant reasons ladding with emotions and sentiments hence facts will be appreciated. Thank you.

How many competitive games has Alampasu played this season?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

Alampasu is not in a better position than Uzoho at the moment

Person wey never see a second of game time even in the Portuguese lowest(regional) division let alone first division is ahead of a player with 180minutes of game time in the laliga, a cleansheet in two matches in the laliga and about seven clean sheets in segunda B.

Lol Maduka Okoye is even ahead of Alampasu presently because he plays unlike Alampasu.

When Alampasu was playing in the Portuguese third division, did u know he never kept a clean sheet abi na once sef, got his team relegated and was warming the bench at the tail end of that season bkus of his awful form.

We all read the report from feirense when they couldn't land their target keeper, they had to retain Alampasu because, half bread they say... Unless he Dele proves himself (which I pray he does) before January, he will be offloaded come January. Feirense has only just two keepers ; their unworthy number one and the emergency/interim back up Alampasu. But funny enough, Alampasu seldom makes the bench oo.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
” I am happy it wasn’t a group where we had to play against African teams like Nigeria. They run a lot and are very physical in their approach. We are no doubt still up against strong sides at the World Cup “
--NEYMAR J

What's with them and our physicality,have they built an alibi to discredit our quality and class,hard work and effort in case we win.
who are those physical players in our team?
is it Ebuehi,Iheanacho or Iwobi.
Balogun an Ekon are not even pure African,Ndidi plays normal football without much on physicality.
na wa for all these Oyibos

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:

No ONAZI in ur starting line up..very unrealistic, peeps here shld realize DT onazi is d fulcrum of DT midfield whether u like it or not,an onazi will start ahead of any oda midfielder in d team grin

Any formation wout onazi in d line up is just like a line up wout fielding d GK position.Onazi is indispensable in rohrs team

Hahaha. Funny but true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
Napoleon55:
” I am happy it wasn’t a group where we had to play against African teams like Nigeria. They run a lot and are very physical in their approach. We are no doubt still up against strong sides at the World Cup “
--NEYMAR J

What's with them and our physicality,have they built an alibi to discredit our quality and class,hard work and effort in case we win.
Balogun an Ekon are not even pure African,Ndidi plays normal football without much on physicality.

That is the fact.

Nigeria may be slightly different from the other sub Saharan African teams. As in our case we do a lot of ticki-tacka and the ball does the running for us and not the other way round.

Watch how typical Senegalese, Ivorian, Malian, Ghanaian and Cameroonian sides play. They do a lot of running and are also physical with it. Jam body football.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:

Onazi,ekong,balogun,Mikel,Moses,Ndidi and to some extent IWOBI/SIMON...re INDISPENSABLE in rohrs team barring loss of form/bad injury to dem,dey re sure starters anytime any day irrespective of d formation grin

I mean u no disrespect bro but I shouldn't be arguing with u. Onazi is indispensable and we trashed Argentina in his absence? VicMo is indispensable and we av been playing and winning in his absence . U kinda naive, sorry to say Dat. Whoever his absence ain't felt when he is off the pitch isn't indispensable. The person his absense shakes the team is Mikel and no one else. Be reasonable.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
Napoleon55:
--NEYMAR J

All of them seems to be talking about our speed and physicality, If this was such a huge advantage, why havn't we gone far in the World Cup? Abi we developed this quality over night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Yes, Uzoho plays regularly for his team B in third division regularly while Dele Alampasu who at one time was a second choice with the team A in the second division three seasons ago had played regularly in the third division last season before he was promoted to the first team in the Portuguese first division. You can see he is progressing and he is in a better position than Uzoho.

The difference is clear.

Answer these two questions:

Which of the two players ply their trade in a higher and stronger league?

Which of the two players play more regularly for their clubsides.?

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:

I mean u no disrespect bro but I shouldn't be arguing with u. Onazi is indispensable and we trashed Argentina in his absence? VicMo is indispensable and we av been playing and winning in his absence . U kinda naive, sorry to say Dat. Whoever his absence ain't felt when he is off the pitch isn't indispensable. The person his absense shakes the team is Mikel and no one else. Be reasonable.

We av been winning and playing... Like aw many matches?...just a friendly against Argentina?
Mention any serious match we won wout onazi or moses in d starting line up under rohr

U re saying winning as if we av played close to 100matches under rohr grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:

We av been winning and playing... Like aw many matches?...just a friendly against Argentina?
Mention any serious match we won wout onazi or moses in d starting line up under rohr

Are you kidding me? This is pure joke. I know deep down that if we had lost against Argeria or even Argentina you would have reminded anyone that cares to listen How important the players you mentioned are .

It is a good advantage that we can still dorminate and win match without the big players. That is How a team shoud be.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
The Iceland Coach think of us a team to test their strenght outside Europe.

Iceland Coach: We’ll Play Nigeria Differently From Croatia, Argentina; We’re Without Superstars
newsheadlines.com.ng Dec 3, 2017 3:32 PM
Heimir Hallgrimsson, head coach of Iceland, reckons that the prospect of facing African powerhouse Nigeria will be new and exciting for his Cinderella side who have taken the football world by storm since qualifying and impressing at the last European Championships in France in 2016.

Speaking exclusively to Completesportsnigeria.com at the Kremlin Palace, venue of last Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup draw in Moscow, Hallgrimsson insists playing different countries with different football philosophies is proof positive that Icelandic football is going in the right direction.

He said: “Facing Nigeria will be a new experience for us. It is our first World Cup so everything is kind of new and exciting. Playing against a South American team and then an African team is different from what we are used to. The pedigree of Nigeria at the World Cup is good. They have experienced players in big teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Napoleon55:
--NEYMAR J

its just a pure fact , they have little or no knowledge about our style of football , the SE doesnt play physical football ...i am happy and this could be an advantage in the world cup ... cos of their low knowledge of our style.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
mazimee:

Are you kidding me? This is pure joke. I know deep down that if we had lost against Argeria or even Argentina you would have reminded anyone that cares to listen How important the players you mentioned are .

It is a good advantage that we can still dorminate and win match without the big players. That is How a team shoud be.

Its a gud sign no doubt... But d fact remains,for every match won under rohr,both players av been instrumental to eagles victory

If dey re both fit and available for selection,rohr wouldn't gamble starting dem on d bench irrespective of d formation, I still stand on my point,dey re indispensable grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ratcock: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
forgiveness:

Ajagun has scored 3 goals and assisted once the 7 times he played in the AMF role. I think he deserves a look.

Nigerian Team Of The Week Honors For GK Okoye, Moses', Henrys, Uduokhai

Published: December 04, 2017

Nigerian Team Of The Week Honors For GK Okoye, Moses', Henrys, Uduokhai
The past week saw a number of Nigerians particularly impress for their various clubsides in Europe: the likes of Bartholomew Ogbeche, Chikeluba Ofoedu and Sylvester Igboun notching braces to power their teams to victory.

Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure, James Igbekeme and Magnus Okuonghae all got on the score-sheet respectively.

But who were the very star performers from the past weekend? Allnigeriasoccer.com brings readers the best of them all thus..

Maduka Okoye (Fortuna Düsseldorf): The 18-year old goaltender was between the sticks for his side in their 1-1 draw with Roth-Weir Oberhausen in the German Bundesliga youth league. It was his 12th appearance for his side this season.

Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta): The Super Eagles defender helped his club to a hard-fought 1-0 win against Nea Salamina in a Cyproit First Division encounter, tallying his 12th start for the Blue and Whites in the process while putting in a full shift to garner the maximum points which propelled them to the summit of the league table.

Felix Uduokhai (Wolfsburg): Wolfsburg brushed aside Bundesliga opponents, Borrussia Monchengladbach 3-0, with Uduokhai part of the Die Wollf backline that resolutely held on for a total shut out. The win was their third of the season which keeps them in 11th.

Uche Henry Agbo (Standard Liege): Agbo made his 19th appearance of the season in all competitions for The Reds as they played out a 1-1 draw with Antwerp in the Belgian first division.

Chidozie Awaziem (Nantes): Awaziem and his Nantes side bounced back to draw 1-1 with Saint-Etienne after initially falling behind in the Ligue 1 clash.

The Super Eagles defender who had been a mainstay in defense for the French club was in action for the entire duration of the game while picking up a booking in the 72nd minute for his troubles.

Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester): The Leicester City midfielder was influential as the Foxes picked up their fifth win of the season in a 1-0 triumph over Burnley in the English Premier League.

The 20-year old has featured in all their domestic engagements from the start as the Leicestershire side continued their Claude Puel regime revival.

Abdul Ajagun (Kortrijk): The attacking midfielder opened the scoring in a 4-1 victory over Waasland-Beveren in the Belgian First Division A.

The 24-year old was equally on hand to set up his side's third of the game while logging the full ninety minutes. The goal was his third this season while he has two assists to his name to go with.

Sylvester Igboun (FC Ufa): Igboun put in an individual masterclass to down Amkar Perm 3-0 in the Russian Premier League, notching a brace for himself while chipping in with a further assist for his side's third.

Victor Moses (Chelsea): The Chelsea wing back assisted his side's second goal in a 3-1 win over Newcastle in the Premier League, marking his first start since October 14.

He was extremely crucial in ensuring the victory as he equally earned the penalty which led to the Blues third.

Moses Simon (KAA Gent): Simon struck the decisive goal of the game in a 1-0 win over Zulte-Waregem in a Belgian First Division match.

The goal was his fifth of the season after 15 appearances for the Buffaloes while he was also in action for the full duration of the win.

Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht): The Super Eagles attacker thumped home the match-winner in a 2-1 defeat of Lokeren to hand his side maximum points and their 10th league win of the season in the Belgian top division.

Emmanuel Chinaza

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25691
Good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
4 the 1st time we seem to v an NFF president who knows what he z doing, who has a vision and all that, he has rebranded The super eagles alongside the LMC chairman Sheu dikko the npfl x improving as well albeit slowly.

I just saw a thread on fp about the Super falcons playing France in a friendly next year. this x a step in the right direction we need more of it, the change n growth in the Eagles affairs should stream down to other teams both male n female.

I can't wait for our female teams to replicate what we are seeing in the senior male team now. I hope the new super falcons coach is even way better than Rohr in handling the girls

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:

Its a gud sign no doubt... But d fact remains,for every match won under rohr,both players av been instrumental to eagles victory

If dey re both fit and available for selection,rohr wouldn't gamble starting dem on d bench irrespective of d formation, I still stand on my point,dey re indispensable grin
The only indispensable played in that team is Mikel.

You can remove Moses and Onazi at any point in our games, and the team will still sail, but remove Mikel and leave those two players, we go still collect.

An indispensable player is one who the team depends on...the way Messi is to Argentina and Rinaldo to Portugal. He inspires confidence in the team and the team crumbles in his absence.

As far as I am concerned, if your name is not Mikel Nchekwube Obi, you are NOT indispensable to Rohr's team.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:
This line ups can pull us outta that group stage with ease, barring any form of injuries and dip in form;

Against Croatia and Iceland ;

Uzoho

Shehu Ekong Balogun Idowu

Ndidi Mikel
iwobi

Moses Onyekuru
Ighalo

* Mikel as a CM gives the midfield balance as octopus Ndidi does more of the shielding playing as the DM while Iwobi with his incisive, defense-splitting passes plays ahead of them in the AM position. Mikel playing centrally will also help to annul the effect of Modric and whoever plays alongside him.

* The choice Moses is a no brainer while the choice of Onyekuru is because he is a tricky winger and can easily commit Loveren and Co. He promises goals and assists unlike most other wingers. He does well to fall back too when the team concedes possession.

* The choice of my back four is a no brainer though if Ebuehi and or OLA prove to be improvements (crosses while galloping tro and fro the line, and positional play) on Shehu at the right full back, Shehu sits.

Against Argentina probably with 6points already in the bag;

Uzoho

Awaziem Balogun Ekong

Moses Ndidi Mikel Onazi/Ogu(orJoel) Idowu

Ighalo Iwobi

* I chose Uzoho ahead of every other goalkeeper including Enyeama because I don't think Enyeama is coming back. But if he does come back (meeting the criteria needed), then he gets my nod, but until then, I'm working with what is available.

* Moses plays RWB for me because he is about the best in that position right now in the world. And he can still effect the game playing there. Lol he would be up against tired D'maria and whack Rojo.

* Ighalo and Iwobi can do it upfront like Nacho and Iwobi did it in the friendly. It won't be bad also if Kelechi starts ahead of Ighalo for set pieces and the synergy between him and iwobi. I have a selection headache here.

This is my opinion and it's open for constructive criticism
Good analysis but dont you think the 3-5-2 formation should be used against the Croatian team who are very rich in the midfield position. That formation is the most suitable against such a team because it will crowd the midfield against the Modrics and co.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
elyte89:

what are you saying? that the SE can't do without Onazi? that's ludicrous.

Against Senegal, Nigeria started playing well when Onazi was replaced with Ogu. He came in a balanced the game for Nigeria and denied the Senegalese team of the free flow football that they were enjoying against Nigeria. There is something I have noticed about Onazi, he appears to be a workaholic on the pitch but it doesn't really translate to the team doing well. Sorry but that is my observation. I don't think the team would have perform as it performed against Argentina if Onazi played instead of Ogu. The defense would have been badly exposed. I prefer Ogu to Onazi because he knows how to use his positioning to shield the defense. And his partnership with Ndidi have been good so far. It seems his kind of football brings out the best in Ndidi.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:

Person wey never see a second of game time even in the Portuguese lowest(regional) division let alone first division is ahead of a player with 180minutes of game time in the laliga, a cleansheet in two matches in the laliga and about seven clean sheets in segunda B.

Lol Maduka Okoye is even ahead of Alampasu presently because he plays unlike Alampasu.

When Alampasu was playing in the Portuguese third division, did u know he never kept a clean sheet abi na once sef, got his team relegated and was warming the bench at the tail end of that season bkus of his awful form.

We all read the report from feirense when they couldn't land their target keeper, they had to retain Alampasu because, half bread they say... Unless he Dele proves himself (which I pray he does) before January, he will be offloaded come January. Feirense has only just two keepers ; their unworthy number one and the emergency/interim back up Alampasu. But funny enough, Alampasu seldom makes the bench oo.
Yes for having two games in LA liga Uzoho is ahead of Alampasu but Maduka Okoye ahead of Alampasu?No o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
Kog45:
Yes for having two games in LA liga Uzoho is ahead of Alampasu but Maduka Okoye ahead of Alampasu?No o.

No, Uzoho is playing regularly in a competition. Alampasu is not..

Okoye is playing. Alampasu is not.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
Retracted

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
mazimee:

Iceland Coach: We’ll Play Nigeria Differently From Croatia, Argentina; We’re Without Superstars
Heimir Hallgrimsson, head coach of Iceland, reckons that the prospect of facing African powerhouse Nigeria will be new and exciting for his Cinderella side who have taken the football world by storm since qualifying and impressing at the last European Championships in France in 2016.

Speaking exclusively to Completesportsnigeria.com at the Kremlin Palace, venue of last Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup draw in Moscow, Hallgrimsson insists playing different countries with different football philosophies is proof positive that Icelandic football is going in the right direction.

He said: “Facing Nigeria will be a new experience for us. It is our first World Cup so everything is kind of new and exciting. Playing against a South American team and then an African team is different from what we are used to. The pedigree of Nigeria at the World Cup is good. They have experienced players in big teams
They have started coming back to their senses gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:

I don't think beating Argentina should be a yardstick to belittle some players super relevant in the team and i know Rohr has a coach will not joke with Mikel,Vic Moses,Ndidi,Onazi,Balogun,Ekong,of recent Iwobi in his line up.

I remember Nigeria beat Brazil at Atlanta in the absence of Sunday Olishe but in the final against Argentina he walked straight into the first eleven meaning is indispensable.Hope you remember how Stephen Keshi was shuttling Belgium and Morocco during Maroc 88,despite winning the semi final in the absence of Keshi,Stephen Keshi came in straight from Belgium to play the final as a starter.

Nigeria beating Argentina does not make Vic Moses and Ogenyi Onazi dispensable,only injury will ruled these guys out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ndidi Is Africa's Most Valuable U21 Player; Iwobi, Abraham & Iheanacho Listed In Top 100

Ndidi Is Africa's Most Valuable U21 Player; Iwobi, Abraham & Iheanacho Listed In Top 100
Seven players eligible to represent the Nigerian national team have been named among the 100 most valuable U21 players in the world, in a survey conducted by the CIES Football Observatory.

According to the report published on Monday, December 4, Leicester City's Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the eleventh most valuable U21 footballer in the world, with his transfer value increasing from 48.7 million euros to 64.8 million euros, a 33 percent increase.

The Nigeria international midfielder is the highest ranked African on the list and is ahead of Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham (25th), Arsenal's Alex Iwobi (34th), Dominic Solanke (55th), Kelechi Iheanacho (56th), Ademola Lookman (71st) and Jordon Ibe (86th).

Iwobi's transfer value has reduced from €36.2 million to €31.5 million, while Iheanacho's value has reduced to €19.4m after spending less minutes on the pitch following his transfer to Leicester City.

PSG striker Kylian Mbappe (€182.8 million) is currently the most expensive U21 player in world football, followed by Tottenham's Dele Alli (€180.2 million) and Manchester City's Leroy Sane (€124.5 million).

Seven of the eleven players with the highest transfer values for U21 players represent English Premier League clubs, including Wilfred Ndidi.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source:http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25696#.WiVcvSZEK7A.twitter

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
blueto:
Retracted
Yes. That's why the 3-5-2 formation should bee adopted against such teams like Croatia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
Famocious:

According to the report published on Monday, December 4, Leicester City's Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the eleventh most valuable U21 footballer in the world,

The Nigeria international midfielder is the highest ranked African on the list and is ahead of Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham

Wow, this is beautiful, it is a pity that Tammy Abraham is Going down will Swansea. England will not give him a second thought now that he isn't scoring. I really wished He made a wise decision by avoiding England.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
mazimee:

May your case be like that of Bulgaria that were playing against an African opposition for the first time at the 1994 WC and got thrashed 3-0.
If dem like themselves now let them just go and organize a friendly against Senegal or Ghana. This naija team aren't smiling with anybody.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2017
Famocious:

Seven players eligible to represent the Nigerian national team have been named among the 100 most valuable U21 players in the world, in a survey conducted by the CIES Football Observatory.

According to the report published on Monday, December 4, Leicester City's Young Player of the Year Wilfred Ndidi is the eleventh most valuable U21 footballer in the world, with his transfer value increasing from 48.7 million euros to 64.8 million euros, a 33 percent increase.

The Nigeria international midfielder is the highest ranked African on the list and is ahead of Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham (25th), Arsenal's Alex Iwobi (34th), Dominic Solanke (55th), Kelechi Iheanacho (56th), Ademola Lookman (71st) and Jordon Ibe (86th).

Iwobi's transfer value has reduced from €36.2 million to €31.5 million, while Iheanacho's value has reduced to €19.4m after spending less minutes on the pitch following his transfer to Leicester City.

PSG striker Kylian Mbappe (€182.8 million) is currently the most expensive U21 player in world football, followed by Tottenham's Dele Alli (€180.2 million) and Manchester City's Leroy Sane (€124.5 million).

Seven of the eleven players with the highest transfer values for U21 players represent English Premier League clubs, including Wilfred Ndidi.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source:http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25696#.WiVcvSZEK7A.twitter

So, dem still dey call all these man dem U21? Iwobi, Kelechi and Dele never pass 21?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisKels:

elyte89 has a point. Just that he may just have blown it out if proportion. Even Rohr has mentioned severally that Victor Moses is his greatest attacking threat. We definitely need him in the team. Onazi's work rate, athletism and versatility are a major boost for our midfield. Ogu is not as athletic as Onazi like wise in terms of work rate. And of course Mikel, He is the Igwe of the team. Yes no player is indispensable but some players if fit will definitely be vital to our campaign.

Onazi-Mikel-Moses: Are also senior members of the team, with also good 2014 WC experience in their bags. Baring any injures they have both legs in Russia already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
safarigirl:

So, dem still dey call all these man dem U21? Iwobi, Kelechi and Dele never pass 21?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

My man it's a pity that we have to go for keepers keeping in division 3 and regional league in Europe for super eagles,no thank to Ikeme health and lack of class in Akpeyi and Ezenwa,if not we will not be discussing who is better among the trio who are keeping in team B in their various clubs.

Oh my God,Uzoho playing regularly in division 3 is now a thing of joy abi and Maduka keeping with Fortuna Dusseldorf team B is now a pride for our national team,also Alampasu a bench warmer,honestly Akpeyi and Ezenwa really fall my hand.

Let me ask you this,if Uzoho find himself in Deportivo main team back as second keeper and always on the bench would you pick Maduka ahead of him due to his playing time in regional league with Fortuna Dusseldorf team B cos you are rating the same Maduka ahead of Alampasu now,this is a guy nobody mentioned here but now a beautiful bride just like the way some guys were defending Nwakili invitation whereas we have better performing midfielder in the same Norwegian league.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
tbaba1234:

Hmmm.. this Okoye matter me I no dey o. Rohr can invite him if he wants.

I rather we call back Enyeama abeg.

Okoye, Uzoho and Alampasu can take over after the world cup.

The FIFA World Cup is not for kids.

Maybe just one of them can make the squad for the exposure.

I say we see Enyeama in our next high profile friendly. If he still good to go, we keep him just for the World Cup. If he doesn't look sharp enough then we are condemned to chosing between the devil and the deep Blue sea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) (2281) (2282) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zellas, Marjoribanks, Suzzytee05(f), humility33(m), DrYa and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.