Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,000 members, 7,863,593 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11947800 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (16362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
blueto:
Is like saying, When someone hates another, he becomes the friend of his enemy/rival. Just like in Politics where the “Wailers” objurgate Buhari's govt for indicting and clamping down on “corrupt” Judges and other public office holders for alleged grafts and malfeasances and also, how the “Zombies” slam and vilify against those indicted individuals and hail Buhari's govt whether it is done with ulterior motives or not.
Respect for your wonderful thought,hating is a disease and if someone cannot control himself is a big issue.

How on earth w somebody come to this thread and indirectly saying Enyeama should be back coz of Mikel captain band then a wonderful Ikeme should be bench for no reason than hatred for God sake.

Honestly i have players that i don't like but that should not give me reason to base my analysis on hatred towards them

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lordabas:

Beht who needs mikel when you have matic and kante bossing the midfield. Even fabregas cant even make the match squad so who is mikel
You need to go for Lobotomy test.
I believe we have some neurologists here that can perform lobotomy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Leekens neva "jam" grin lollll

lakesidepapa:

The man talks too much, I smell dome for him.. This is not the right way to play mind games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
Napoleon55:
You need to go for Lobotomy test.
I believe we have some neurologists here that can perform lobotomy.

TheSuperNerd, there is an emergency. Someone needs your attention to perform a lobotomy on someone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
That procedure is easy grin
Only that I neva get "full" license... Looollll
Hapuya.... Leave am.... Na him way... I sabi am... smiley
Napoleon55:
You need to go for Lobotomy test. I believe we have some neurologists here that can perform lobotomy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
I just got the notification Sir GoodJoe.... I go make referral to my big colleagues... The procedure dey easy but I neva get licence naa.... Loollll

. Even Madam Confun can kindly step in sef.... Looollll

TheGoodJoe:

TheSuperNerd, there is an emergency. Someone needs your attention to perform a lobotomy on someone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
That procedure is easy grin

Only that I neva get "full" license... Looollll

Hapuya.... Leave am.... Na him way... I sabi am... smiley

Yara Yara said he learnt some skills watching you in the lab with some cadavers. He asks for your permission to experiment on the patient.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I just got the notification Sir GoodJoe.... I go make referral to my big colleagues... The procedure dey easy but I neva get licence naa.... Loollll

. Even Madam Confun can kindly step in sef.... Looollll

No need for colleagues. Yara Yara went to get his saw, hammer and nails.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Not really. It is somehow funny. I loved Chelsea under Ancelotti. That was one of the best attacking teams. I do not miss Chelsea games then and people thought I was a Chelsea fan.

I liked Chelsea during the turmoil time of Scolari. Like Chelsea under Gullit. Also Villas-Boas time too.

That Champions League winning season coincided with the time Chelsea players messed Villas-Boas up and then Di Matteo chose the most shocking packed bus system.

I just did not want them to win that season but they hurt a lot of teams like Benfica, Napoli (Mazzari, current Watford coach handled them) and Bayern.

Glad Chelsea won the Europa because I liked Benitez from his time at Valencia.

So the managers most times sways my support.

My worst time in football was Greece winning the Euros, followed by the Chelsea Champions League triumph.

Humorous cheesy

what of when Portugal won the recent the Euro trophy ahead teams like Germany with what seemed like “parking the bus” tactic, especially against France in the final? smiley

Hope you weren't irked and resented by such smiley. For me, What ever tactic, as long as it yields desired results is accepted.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hmmm.... E be lyk say Yara yara no like himself... I know he wan claim "vivien thomas" but in this age, no licence means no full access to perform such procedure even if you know am. Looollll

Make Yara Yara cool down... We have a licenced Doc in the house, Madam Confun and then I can bring in Dr.Q from Hopkins if need be... *winks*

TheGoodJoe:

Yara Yara said he learnt some skills watching you in the lab with some cadavers. He asks for your permission to experiment on the patient.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
**looks down the hall and sights Yara Yara**

Will you go and drop those things my friend!!!!

I know Vivien thomas did blue baby operation alongside Dr. Alfred blalock without licence but this is different!!!

Oya... Back to the lab!!! **turns and smiles at Sir GoodJoe**

TheGoodJoe:

No need for colleagues. Yara Yara went to get his saw, hammer and nails.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
blueto:

Humorous cheesy

what of when Portugal won the recent the Euro trophy ahead teams like Germany with what seemed like “parking the bus” tactic, especially against France in the final? smiley

Hope you weren't irked and resented by such smiley. For me, What ever tactic, as long as it yields desired results is accepted.

I think I was sentimentally bias in that stage because I believe CR7 deserved a European trophy. In one of the Euro threads, I said that was the only time I would want a negative team to win a major trophy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kog45:
Honestly u are free to insult me is part of it.I still repeat it Enyeama w sweat hard to displace Ikeme and on d captain band,pls read your post again and ask yourself how d issue of captain came into discussion.

Indirectly u said coming back of Enyeama w give him automatic shirt and w collect his captain as if it's birthright,look in this forum we are too intelligents to be taken for a ride by deceptive writers.

If u are bolded enough u should have come out and tell us u don't want Mikel as d captain and give your reasons and not telling us u can rain insults coz is a faceless forum.

I don't care if u hate Mikel or u like him,all i know d young man deserve little respect and am ready to defend him if d needs arise.

What exactly are you even saying, Wetin concern Mikel here now again?

Ok let me make it simple, if Enyeama comes back, He will be the oldest member of the team and in case you do not know, national team captaincy is based on seniority that's the number of caps you have, that was why people complained when Musa was made the captain ahead of Mikel, I was part of the complaint because I wanted Mikel to be the captain since its his time and he deserves a it. now if Enyeama comes back definitely he is better than Ikeme, I wouldn't blame you for saying this though, you do not follow the French league, you should watch lille vs PSG and see just how good Enyeama still is, he will displace Ikeme for sure if based on merits. so if he displaces Ilene and enters the first eleven or even on the bench, he will be the oldest member of the team and that makes him the captain automatically except if the coach says otherwise, please if you do not know how the national team captaincy works then ask people to explain it to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
blueto:

Humorous cheesy

I love free flowing attacking football. It is hard for me to enjoy the game if it is not played that way. It started from Clemens Westerhof's Super Eagles.

I watch football to entertain my self. If it is not creative, brilliant and attacking, it feels I am wasting my time.

It is not all about winning for me. Just like Guardiola's recent run without winning, I was okay because we were playing well.

That is why I like watching Arsenal and Barcelona.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kog45:
Respect for your wonderful thought,hating is a disease and if someone cannot control himself is a big issue.

How on earth w somebody come to this thread and indirectly saying Enyeama should be back coz of Mikel captain band then a wonderful Ikeme should be bench for no reason than hatred for God sake.

Honestly i have players that i don't like but that should not give me reason to base my analysis on hatred towards them

you are a very very very very funny human being with a low level of reasoning, I guess I should have explained it slowly to you. read well next time please, I hate having a conversation that annoys me, so I won't talk about this again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Ohhhh... You don't understand eh.... Like you don't know smiley

Very well then... Let's leave it at that... No further on that one.

Few Trolls are definitely among us... You can choose to ignore that fact you know.... I know a lotta monikers in sports here and their history of conversations and so-called analyses... So I know what I say. smiley

are you also siding with those who believe that even if Enyeams comes back, that Mikel should not vacate the captaincy for him like Musa did for him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kog45 and Mickael2 I beg you guys. It is okay. No more fighting.

There was a misunderstanding because of Mickael2's earlier stand on Mikel. Apart from that, we are in safe hands if Enyeama comes back. If he decides to come back, I do not see anything wrong in welcoming our hero.

He arrived camp few days after the burial of his mother. That shows his sacrifice and devotion to the Super Eagles. Only to hear Oliseh announce he was no more the captain.

Another wrong done by the Nigerian hero Sunday Oliseh. If Enyeama chooses to come back, we should welcome him with wide arms. I doubt Mikel will have any problem handing the band to Enyeama. Just as Musa had no problem giving the band to Mikel. Just as Enyeama gladly gave Yobo the band to lift the AFCON title. Just like the great Eguavoen gladly gave the Big Boss Stephen Keshi the band to lift the Tunisia '94 trophy.

Don't you love the Super Eagles? We got our backs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

He will blend. Leon Balogun and Ekong blended. I am sure, he speaks english, most dutch people do.
I like to think people are different and what works for A and B may not work for C.

It's not a club commitment, he's not getting paid, he's young, even if not this year (cuz I honestly don't think Rohr would have played him against Algeria), maybe next year, he can start small like a friendly (as new players should rightly be introduced). He probably didn't expect the call so early.

Anyway, if Success that was born and bred here could turn us down, why not Ebuehi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Kog45 and Mickael2 I beg you guys. It is okay. No more fighting.

There was a misunderstanding because of Mickael2's earlier stand on Mikel. Apart from that, we are in safe hands if Enyeama comes back. If he decides to come back, I do not see anything wrong in welcoming our hero.

He arrived camp few days after the burial of his mother. That shows his sacrifice and devotion to the Super Eagles. Only to hear Oliseh announce he was no more the captain.

Another wrong done by the Nigerian hero Sunday Oliseh. If Enyeama chooses to come back, we should welcome him with wide arms. I doubt Mikel will have any problem handing the band to Enyeama. Just as Musa had no problem giving the band to Mikel. Just as Enyeama gladly gave Yobo the band to lift the AFCON title. Just like the great Eguavoen gladly gave the Big Boss the band to lift the Tunisia '94 AFCON.

Don't you love the Super Eagles? We got our backs.

this is exactly what I am saying. thanks a lot bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
Kog45:

@Kog45, I think you may be misinterpreting Mikael here as his point about the captaincy is a valid one.

Case in point: When Domenech persuaded Zidane to come out of retirement in 2005 to help France revive a fledgling campaign, he was reinstated as captain. I think Luis Figo did the same (though I am not sure)

Adding the complexity of Nigeria, Mikael's question about the captaincy isn't far fetched. During the 2002 WCQ, Sunday Oliseh stayed away from a match in Omdurman. On his return for the last match against Ghana, PH fans were demanding that he should relinquish the captaincy to Finidi even though he only missed one match. Of course, we have had other former captains recalled to the team where there was no issue(Peter Rufai in 1998 comes to mind)

That Mikael may have a reputation for "hatred for Mikel" doesn't mean all his comments should be viewed from that lens when infact he raises an issue that might well arise if Enyeama returns

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
tglobal:

@Kog45, I think you may be misinterpreting Mikael here as his point about the captaincy is a valid one.

Case in point: When Domenech persuaded Zidane to come out of retirement in 2005 to help France revive a fledgling campaign, he was reinstated as captain. I think Luis Figo did the same (though I am not sure)

Adding the complexity of Nigeria, Mikael's question about the captaincy isn't far fetched. During the 2002 WCQ, Sunday Oliseh stayed away from a match in Omdurman. On his return for the last match against Ghana, PH fans were demanding that he should relinquish the captaincy to Finidi even though he only missed one match. Of course, we have had other former captains recalled to the team where there was no issue(Peter Rufai in 1998 comes to mind)

That Mikael may have a reputation for "hatred for Mikel" doesn't mean all his comments should be viewed from that lens when infact he raises an issue that might well arise if Enyeama returns

God go bless you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Leekens neva "jam" grin lollll
Don't mind him. that's football with mouth by him, indecent mind game.!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
safarigirl:
I like to think people are different and what works for A and B may not work for C.

It's not a club commitment, he's not getting paid, he's young, even if not this year (cuz I honestly don't think Rohr would have played him against Algeria), maybe next year, he can start small like a friendly (as new players should rightly be introduced). He probably didn't expect the call so early.

Anyway, if Success that was born and bred here could turn us down, why not Ebuehi?

I agree

I also think, it is a case of the invitation coming too early but i also feel like, he would not have made that excuse for a dutch invite.

I doubt, he would have played anyways. Hopefully, he gets the understanding of the coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

I think Omeruo can do a decent job on that wing. After the game, we can look at other options.
Even Musa Mohamed can do the job effectively,I don't know why people are scare of these Algerians,I'm I the only one that is not scared one bit, the least goals they r going to concede from SE is 3 goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
Not really.... smiley

But truth is this... Enyeama won't want the captain band. He's very okay with Mikel as captain even though Mikel won't mind handing it to him. Enyeama is god of african goalies in this era... smiley

I recall when musa was made captain by Oliseh, Enyeama did ask, "Why not Mikel? Why bypass Mikel? If you must displace me then Mikel should have it..."

Believe me on this one... Enyeama won't or lemme use, MAY NOT want the captain band.

Mickael2:

are you also siding with those who believe that even if Enyeams comes back, that Mikel should not vacate the captaincy for him like Musa did for him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
*smiles* I got my prediction for battle of ndola correct.

I wanna get this one correct too. So make I wait small first before I talk my own. But I'm feeling you... smiley

Napoleon55:
Even Musa Mohamed can do the job effectively,I don't know why people are scare of these Algerians,I'm I the only one that is not scared one bit, the least goals they r going to concede from SE is 3 goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
tbaba1234:

I agree

I also think, it is a case of the invitation coming too early but i also feel like, he would not have made that excuse for a dutch invite.

I doubt, he would have played anyways. Hopefully, he gets the understanding of the coach.
He's already in the country, a Dutch invite doesn't involve him travelling across continents, that's an entirely different ball game.

So yes, anyone would accept an invite to a team within his base as against having to go through visa procurement and the likes, it's a no-brainer, especially if the team is as good as the Dutch team. It's not like being invited by Armenia or Kosovo smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GoodBuhari: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
blueto:
I think we currently have veteran players that specialise and are primed for that role now wink
The question is how good have they been performing in that role I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
That moment when legends like Sir Icon4s, Sir Enomakos and "the elders" start talking football from the days of yore.... Football they saw "live"... Chaiiii.... Me and a few indomie generation lads be like....

My brother no blame me. I too watch ball back then. Belloumi was to Algeria of the 1980s what Mahrez is to Algeria today. Maroc 88 was 28 yrs ago but it seemed like yesterday to some of us.

In decades to come u will tell the younger generation of how the Algerian team that had Mahrez, Slimani, Soudani and others came to Uyo in 2016 & got beaten blue black. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Mickael2:

you are a very very very very funny human being with a low level of reasoning, I guess I should have explained it slowly to you. read well next time please, I hate having a conversation that annoys me, so I won't talk about this again
As I said am ready to take any insult from u but one thing is cleared u lack d class

I already made my point clear to those who are intellect here and reason maturely not deceptive ones who lack d courage to come out bodily and pass simple message.

When u nailed them they look scattered by insulting,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
enomakos:
yeah i remember this man
belloumi the wizard of the maghreb
i did't watch the nigeria and algeria semifinal match,but i did watch the watch with morocco that they won on penalty

That Nig vs Alg semi was one of my most memorable games of that AFCON.

U recall the unfortunate incident that was sparked off by Belloumi when Algeria hosted Egypt in the Italia '90 WC qualifiers. An Egyptian player got blinded for life.

Belloumi was banned from stepping his foot on Egyptian soil for life. CAF also banned Belloumi for a couple of years, reason why he didn't feature at Algiers '90 AFCON.

That guy, Belloumi was a huligan.

Na him come dey get mouth against Nigeria now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
Bia, Kog45 & Michael2, that is not how we do it here. No insults pls.

We all cannot agree. Infact this thread would not have gotten this far without the arguments.

However, we need to remain civil.

I see u both as respected members of this parliament. Our sole goal is to beat Algeria in Uyo.We must stand united. No more insults pls.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (16362) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zonofman(m), Stillwater10, MetalJigsaw(m), TheGoodJoe(m), KpagoGIN(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.