Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,200 members, 7,867,487 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11967777 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) ... (16379) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:13am On Mar 23, 2018
Whatever happens today, remember that this is a friendly match.

I expect at least 2 goals.

A PK might show up against us.

Apart from Mikel, the 1st 11 shouldn't have issues showing us what to expect in Russia come June.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:15am On Mar 23, 2018
fabyom:
I got to see a prediction of the outcome of our friendly with Poland on 101great goals site. Poland 3 nig 1. What interest me most is our assumed formation.
Ezenwa
Aina, balogun, ekong, shehu
Ndidi, ogu
Moses, musa (10), iwobi
Iheanacho.
Will this team loss to poland? If yes, what are the changes needed to this team list. To the great gentlemen and beautiful ladies in the house.
I would not use this formation.

Mine:

Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Awaziem Idowu
Ndidi Obi
Moses
Kelechi Iwobi

Let's try the 5-3-2 pattern a second time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2018
AIG07:
How does one keep up with pace of this thread?

Coming online to find so many pages to read is heartbreaking and at the same time mouth watering as one is left anxious to know what has happened within the hours one is away.
When theSuperNerd mentioned me, better believe that I was still a hundred pages away.

Crazy fans everywhere. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:23am On Mar 23, 2018
Kog45:
3-1 no issue na friendly but hope to see things in positive way.

Pls say something on Torunarigha cos these your German guys tire me o

Shebi u see the quote tbaba1234 posted. It was a possibility but now the picture is clearer. His dad (a former Eagle) for a reason best known to him, never wanted him to play for Nigeria. We can't force them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:27am On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:
Mine:
Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Awaziem Idowu Ndidi Ogu Obi Moses Iwobi Kelechi

Sir I kpom this formation it looks yummy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Theflint1(m): 6:27am On Mar 23, 2018
AllforJesus7:

When you open the app, Click on 'sports' then click on the search icon at the top and search for 'being sports'. It will bring out the lists of bein sports channels.
Thanks man, got it now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 6:30am On Mar 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Simon is not a striker. Even Musa would never be deployed as a striker under Rohr
Onyekuru is also not a striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Today is the D-day!

Wishing our darling Super Eagles all the best!

Soar Eagles!!!

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:

Mine:

Ndidi Ogu
Obi
Moses Iwobi Kelechi

grin

12 Players already Boss. You gonna have to remove one Player among the Attackers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:42am On Mar 23, 2018
How time flies.

Long gone were the days Nigerians are pissed off because of International breaks. All they care about was club football.

Very few then long and savour for the break so they can see their players sing the national anthem with pride.

But today, the story has changed. The SEs of Nigeria are now the fans favourite. All thanks to Amaju pinnick led administration. All thanks to coach Rohr and his technical crew. All thanks to the players who have found pride in putting on the GWG and finally All thanks to the fans/supporters who have stood with the team through the thick and thin periods.

God Bless The Super Eagles!
God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

27 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:
I just took the day off work just to concentrate on a friendly match.

A friend says I'm a Super Eagles fanatic. LOL
Got so much lined up today but my phone is in my hand like kilode. Updates, updates, updates. Big shout out to tbaba1234 our foreign correspondent, olu98 and soetanoreoluwa for all the tasty camp pics and gists. You guys rock like a three man attack.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

12 Players already Boss. You gonna have to remove one Player among the Attackers.

LOL. I have rejigged it.

Uzoho
Ndidi Obi Moses
Iwobi Kelechi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2018
AIG07:
How time flies.

Long gone were the days Nigerians are pissed off because of International breaks. All they care about was club football.

Very few then long and savour for the break so they can see their players sing the national anthem with pride.

But today, the story has changed. The SEs of Nigeria are now the fans favourite. All thanks to Amaju pinnick led administration. All thanks to coach Rohr and his technical crew. All thanks to the players who have found pride in putting on the GWG and finally All thanks to the fans/supporters who have stood with the team through the thick and thin periods.

on your second paragraph English people are a bit like that now too..I think that happens when a national team isn't living up to expectation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Kog45:
3-1 no issue na friendly but hope to see things in positive way.

Pls say something on Torunarigha cos these your German guys tire me o
Results matter but more importantly is the quality of our play. Let the players just give a good account of themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2018
AIG07:
How time flies.

Just hope the fans won't turn their back incase we loss today even though I don't see us losing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigomoh: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2018
kentebemoney:

Bro's you get eyes, did not notice it was him till you said so.

Real young boys before bad belle dem go tell you say dem comot 10 years from their age.
I hardly miss any MFM home games and he's ever present in their first eleven, so he wasn't hard to spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2018
ChrisKels:

Shebi u see the quote tbaba1234 posted. It was a possibility but now the picture is clearer. His dad (a former Eagle) for a reason best known to him, never wanted him to play for Nigeria. We can't force them.
I admire his faith and resolve. But no player has turned down Nigeria and gone ahead to really cut it in international football.I call it the Nigerian curse. I am not wishing him bad ooo. Not at all. But those are the facts. Moreover the German production line is heavy with talents waiting and more popping up.

Before somebody mentions Olisadebe just remember Olisadebe did not turn down Nigeria. He nationalised and played for Poland. Alaba too never rejected Nigeria. In fact he waited and waited and no call came. The naija curse is real. Oga Kog45 please give us a run down of those who have rejected this beloved Gwg.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 7:14am On Mar 23, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Just hope the fans won't turn their back incase we loss today even though I don't see us losing
l really want this team to do well given the rising confidence in the team by Nigerians. l do not see much in their individual quality to make me the most optimistic but l believe as a team they can get it right.
The fans should know that this is in front of the Polish crowd, we'll do our best but anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2018
AIG07:
How time flies.

Fact is we are on an upward swing. Even if we crash out in the first round of the WC we are still on the rise.

There's a tide in the affairs of men....
Time don reach Ooooo. Food don done my fellow Eagulians

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:20am On Mar 23, 2018
asha80:
on your second paragraph English people are a bit like that now too..I think that happens when a national team isn't living up to expectation
But English fans over the years have acquired global acclaim for being the most boisterous. In fact it's said that a tournament has not began until they show up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovedose: 7:30am On Mar 23, 2018
Watch 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Live Stream online on ififaworldcup.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 7:32am On Mar 23, 2018
Mujtahida:

But English fans over the years have acquired global acclaim for being the most boisterous. In fact it's said that a tournament has not began until they show up.
yes they can be quite boisterous but if you follow Twitter and social media for people from there is general for the past 2 decades you will notice a good level of cynism of their people towards their national team and is usually how unenthusiastic they are about international breaks

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:42am On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:

LOL. I have rejigged it.

Uzoho
Ndidi Obi Moses
Iwobi Kelechi

grin

The Midfield though..... must VicMo start the Match Sir?! Ndidi, Ogu/Onazi and Obi gonna be the best Combo for the Formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ersonleads(m): 7:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Una sure say gotv go show d match? So I don't go & on generator & be seeing news on ait or premiership replay o

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Icon79:
Wow. Some of the things you read on this forum! Pls can you show me the posts where a lot of people were against Joel Obi's call up? On the contrary what me and many other knowledgeable members of this forum kept saying is that Joel Obi is our best midfielder but have been hindered by injuries. You guys should quit fabrications here because that's very annoying!

O pari

Thank you for this comment.

Do we need to argue Joel Obi invitation? NO or do we need to castigate the school of thoughts that always have reservation about his injury issue? NO

Pls let us ask ourselves simple question

What has been Joel Obi hindrance in National team for past six years?

(A) QUALITY. (B) INDISCIPLINE. (C) INJURY

I think answer to this should end the arguments.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2018
Osimhen Scores In Wolfsburg Friendly Win Over Union Berlin
By James Agberebi

Nigeria forward Victor Osimhen was on target for Wolfsburg who defeated Bundesliga 2 side Union Berlin 3-0 in a friendly game on Thursday.
Osimhen is not in the Nigeria squad to play World Cup friendlies against Poland and Serbia on Friday and next Tuesday.

He scored in the 81st minute of Thursday’s club friendly to make it 2-0 to Wolfsburg after William had broken the deadlock in the 73rd minute.

In the 90th minute, Blaz Kramer scored the third goal to ease Wolfsburg to victory.
The game was a tune-up match for Wolfsburg as they took advantage of the international break.

Osimhen has made 10 Bundesliga appearances for Wolfsburg so far this season without scoring.
Wolfsburg will resume Bundesliga duties with an away clash against Hertha Berlin on March 31.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/osimhen-scores-in-wolfsburg-friendly-win-over-union-berlin/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 83 days 8 hours 12 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:48am On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l really want this team to do well given the rising confidence in the team by Nigerians. l do not see much in their individual quality to make me the most optimistic but l believe as a team they can get it right.
The fans should know that this is in front of the Polish crowd, we'll do our best but anything can happen.

Exactly. Well said Sir. Anything can happen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Mujtahida:

Got so much lined up today but my phone is in my hand like kilode. Updates, updates, updates. Big shout out to tbaba1234 our foreign correspondent, olu89 and soetanoreoluwa for all the tasty camp pics and gists. You guys rock like a three man attack.

Oga mi. I'm loyal sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:50am On Mar 23, 2018
gbosaa:

Omelette with sliced tomato, toast and tea/coffee??

If I was Ezenwa or Eze, I’d ask for a big bowl of akamu with jumbo akara. Won’t those meal ruin and upset their ajegunle GIT?

Baba where dem go see big bowl of ogi and akara ilepo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:50am On Mar 23, 2018
fucklikant101:

No be leqandowski be this? cheesy

Nah him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
The Eagles Vs The Super Eagles: The D-Day
#BattleOfWroclaw

Dortmund Star Piszczek To Miss Poland, Super Eagles Friendly For New Baby
By Adeboye Amosu

Poland defender Lukasz Piszczek has been excused from Friday’s friendly clash against the Super Eagles of Nigeria as he is expected to be with his wife, Ewa, who is due to give birth to their third child, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Lukasz and Ewa got married in June 2009 and already have two daughters, Sara and Nel.

Piszczek, who plays for German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund, according to a report in laczynapilka.pl is however expected to take part in Tuesday’s encounter against South Korea at the Silesian Stadium in Chorzow.
The 32-year-old has been capped 59 times by his country and has scored three times.

Sampdoria defender Bartosz Bereszynski and Slawomir Peszko, who plays for local team Lechia Gdansk have also been ruled out of the game due to injuries.
Locomotiv Moscow of Russia winger Maciej Rybus is also doubtful for the game due to illness.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/dortmund-star-piszczek-to-miss-poland-super-eagles-friendly-for-new-baby/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 83 days 8 hours 5mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:55am On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:
Mine:
Ebuehi Ekong Balogun Awaziem Idowu Ndidi Ogu Obi Moses Iwobi Kelechi
playing with 10 outfield players is not allowed in the game of football

(1) (2) (3) ... (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) ... (16379) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), Damioduso1, owbabs, robosky02(m), DrYa, Silentgroper(m), Philosopher1979 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.