Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654827 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 11:02am On Nov 24, 2016
Happy Birthday In Arrears To TheGoodJoe. Wish you a fulfilled life on Earth. Am so so sorry for the late notice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2016
chrisooblog:
sorry i'm a day late Happy Birthday TheGreatJoe wish you many years in good health, Success and God's favour. more grease to your elbow bruv my fellow november baby cool.

Thanks for the blessings and I pray God blesses you abundantly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2016
Jefersoun:
Happy Birthday In Arrears To TheGoodJoe. Wish you a fulfilled life on Earth. Am so so sorry for the late notice.

Thanks and I wish you the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2016
confun:

Thanks Beautiful and pray for the best for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:05am On Nov 24, 2016
CFCman:
Happy birthday, TheGoodJoe

Thanks very much. Really appreciated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2016
bigblangston:
Happy birthday to TheGoodJoe, U happened to be one of the few analysts that always drag my busy as* to this thread, really hope Pep sends his regards to you...LLNP!!!! Dr.TheGoodJoe. Martin Petrov and Shinawatra send their regards

Thanks Big Guy for the wonderful words. Means a lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Happy birthday boss I pray God gives u many more years.

Thanks very much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2016
Napoleon55:
wish u happy birthday

Thanks Very Much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2016
Geestunnar:
Happy Birthday to TheGoodJoe, more analysis to your coffers wink cool

Thanks very much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2016
Happy Birthday in arrears TheGoodJoe
Wishing you many more years of successful football experience
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Belgian Side Gent Slap Incredible Price Tag On Super Eagles Defender William Troost-Ekong
[/size]

Clubs keen on securing the services of Super Eagles hard as nail defender William Troost-Ekong from Belgian side Gent won’t get his services on a cheap, according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

The 23 year old was voted as one of the best defender in the recently concluded Norwegian league, where he spent the season on loan making 24 appearances with three goals to his name for Haugesund.

Already coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has urged him to move to a club in a tougher league, but for that to happen interested teams must meet Gent’s currently valuation of Ekong.

Troost-Ekong has been out on loan since joining Gent in 2015 on a free transfer from Dutch side Groningen, after a season on loan at another Dutch side Dordrecht.

Now an established senior international with Nigeria after starring for the U-23s at the Olympics in Rio, Gent are demanding a fee in excess of £10m for the Dutch born Nigerian.

Clubs keen on securing the services of Super Eagles hard as nail defender William Troost-Ekong from Belgian side Gent won’t get his services on a cheap, according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

The 23 year old was voted as one of the best defender in the recently concluded Norwegian league, where he spent the season on loan making 24 appearances with three goals to his name for Haugesund.

Already coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has urged him to move to a club in a tougher league, but for that to happen interested teams must meet Gent’s currently valuation of Ekong.

Troost-Ekong has been out on loan since joining Gent in 2015 on a free transfer from Dutch side Groningen, after a season on loan at another Dutch side Dordrecht.

Now an established senior international with Nigeria after starring for the U-23s at the Olympics in Rio, Gent are demanding a fee in excess of £10m for the Dutch born Nigerian.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/belgian-side-gent-slap-incredible-price-tag-on-super-eagles-defender-william-troost-ekong/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sir TheGoodJoe.... I dont know what else to say. So you even had a twin?? I'm speechless... All the same God bless you so much and I know you will make your twin prouder than you've ever done. Just keep pushing and keep living for excellence's sake, I'm sure whereever your twin is, he will be so proud of the man you've become and the heights you'll still attain.

I believe your life will be one that said, "Lived to the fullest" smiley

Uhmmm... Yara Yara and I found this... It will interest all parties on Nacho's situation at City. More to follow...... wink

In the final bolded statement in quotes in the news article, Pep sounds just like TheGoodJoe....... grin grin grin Loollll

Guardiola Explains Gabriel Jesus Arrival In
January And Chances Of Iheanacho Leaving
Man City On Loan

The impending arrival of Gabriel Jesus at
Manchester City in January won’t make 20 year
old Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho leave the
club on loan in January, Manager of Manchester
City Pep Guardiola suggests.

The £27m Brazilian is expected to push the
Nigerian forward further down the pecking order
at the Etihad, presently he has started just three Premier League game this season, from the six times he has played in the league.

When asked what would have to happen to get
the 20-year-old more first team opportunities,

Guardiola said: “Change the coach maybe! “Of course he deserves to play, but there are many, many others who deserve to play too.

“Our job is so uncomfortable for these kind of
decisions.

“Normally when these guys don’t train good,
when they are not nice guys with his team-mates, it doesn’t matter, but that is not the case with Kele.”

Despite Jesus’ imminent arrival, Guardiola is
adamant Iheanacho will get opportunities.

“My advice is keep going, keep fighting, sooner or later everything is coming back, and of course he’s going to have his minutes,” he said.

“Until now he played good, but in the big teams sometimes that happens.

“You can play just 11 players and that’s all.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/guardiola-explains-gabriel-jesus-arrival-in-january-and-chances-of-iheanacho-leaving-man-city-on-loan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Egyptian Arsenal Star Elneny Plays Down Super Eagles Hype, Rates Ghana Higher
[/size]

Arsenal Egyptian midfield anchor Mohammed Elneny says they beating Ghana was more difficult than when they defeated the Super Eagles of Nigeria this year.

Egypt defeated Ghana 2-0 on matchday two of the CAF World Cup 2018 qualifiers and even though they could only beat Nigeria 1-0 when both teams met this year during the AFCON 2017 qualifiers, Elneny insist that Ghana were much harder to beat than Nigeria.

“We played in a realistic way against Ghana,” Elneny told DMC Channel, as reported by Kingfut. The result was important for us, more important than the performance.

“Hector Cuper makes us play in a defensive way that makes it difficult for any team to score against us.

“In training, eight attackers go against three defenders, and they fail to score, so you can imagine what happens when we are six defenders in the match.

“In general, I think Ghana was stronger than Nigeria’s team which we faced in the Afcon qualifications.’

“Cuper guided Egypt to qualify to the Afcon and also, we are in a good position in the World Cup qualifications.

“The results are very good in my opinion.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/egyptian-arsenal-star-elneny-plays-down-super-eagles-hype-rates-ghana-higher/
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA Stop Ex Liverpool Teen Prospect Jordon Ibe From Representing Nigeria In Upcoming Friendly Games
[/size]

Bournemouth forward Jordon Ibe won’t be making an immediate international switch to the Super Eagles of Nigeria due to restrictions by FIFA on players switch of nationality.

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, Ibe has made a u-turn from initially turning down Nigeria to accepting to meet with the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr to discuss a possible switch.

However, even if he finally decide to represent Nigeria instead of England, his switch won’t be done until at least four months due to the paper works involved.

Firstly Nigeria need to convince him during talks later this week, before the player will now apply to FIFA requesting to pledge his international future to Nigeria, since he has represented England at youth level.

FIFA will then communicate to England about his wish, and the English FA will have to write back to the World Soccer governing body accepting his switch before he is eligible to represent Nigeria.

The whole process could take four months, which means he won’t be able to play in the upcoming friendlies against Egypt and Senegal, planned for January and March respectively.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/fifa-stop-ex-liverpool-teen-prospect-jordon-ibe-from-representing-nigeria-in-upcoming-friendly-games/
[/b]

#Modified#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Nigeria Take Joint 50th Place With Burkina Faso In Latest Fifa Ranking

Football governing body, Fifa, on Thursday
morning published its latest ranking of National
Teams.

Compared to their position the previous month,
the Super Eagles have climbed ten places and
now occupy the 50th position along with Burkina Faso, while they are seventh in the continental ranking.

Senegal, Tunisia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Egypt and
Algeria are the top five teams in Africa in that
order.

Our remaining World Cup opponents Cameroon
and Zambia are 65th and 91st respectively in the updated ranking.

In the global ranking, 2014 World Cup vice-champions Argentina lead the way followed by
Brazil, Germany, Chile and Belgium.

The next ranking will be published by the official website of Fifa, fifa.com, on 22 December 2016.

Top Ten African Teams

1) Senegal

2) Ivory Coast
Tunisia

4) Egypt

5) Algeria

6) Congo DR

7) Nigeria
Burkina Faso

9) Ghana

10) Morocco

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21186

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Manu Garba – Tottenham Hotspur Will Regret Letting Porto Youngster Musa Yahaya Leave
[/size]

Head coach of the Nigeria U-17 team Manu Garba says English Premiership side Tottenham Hotspur will regret allowing Nigeria youth International Musa Yahaya leave White Hart Lane.

Shortly after winning the U-17 World cup with Nigeria in 2013, Yahaya was signed on a pre contract by the London based side and spent time training at the club with their youth team.

However days after his contract was turned into a professional one, on his 18 year birthday he was loaned to Portuguese second division side Portimonense and after a fairly successful time on loan he was sold to the club.

Portimonense traded the quick,skillfull and strong forward to FC Porto this summer and Manu Garba who discovered and nurtured the talent of the 18 year old believes Spurs will regret letting him leave.

” I was shocked when they (Spurs) decided to sell him, you can’t let a young talented player leave just like that, he has all it takes to succeed in England, pace,power and finishing, they will definitely regret letting him leave” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He is one player who can do just what Kelechi Iheanacho is doing for Manchester City and am so sure he will be back in England, a better player than when he left”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/manu-garba-tottenham-hotspur-will-regret-letting-porto-youngster-musa-yahaya-leave/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Thierry Henry Defends Iwobi : Only Iwobi Played Like An Arsenal Player In The First Half
[/size]

Arsenal all time top scorer Thierry Henry has defended the performance of Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi following Arsenal 2-2 draw against PSG.

Iwobi scored an unfortunate own goal,although it was credited to Lucas Moura but it was Iwobi’s weak header that deflected the ball past David Ospina in Arsenal’s goal.

Despite the disappointment, Henry says while Arsenal struggled to get a grip on the game in the first half, the 20 year old was the only player, who looked confident in an Arsenal shirt.

” It was a very flat first half from Arsenal, so many under hit passes and failed dribbles. Only Iwobi played like an Arsenal player”, he said during the half time break with scores at 1-1.

The full time result of 2-2 puts PSG on top of the group ahead of Arsenal even though both teams are on same points, the French side are top based on the away goal rule.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/thierry-henry-defends-iwobi-only-iwobi-played-like-an-arsenal-player-in-the-first-half/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
Awwwwwww..... Now I'm like... *shy*

joseph1013:

Memories! Glad I followed my heart to start the threads. I was so pained no one talked about our national teams. Now, TheSuperNerd has taken the ministry to the permanent site. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
When asked what would have to happen to get the 20-year-old (Iheanacho) more first team opportunities,

Guardiola said: “Change the coach maybe! “Of course he deserves to play, but there are many, many others who deserve to play too.

This Guardiola ehn...Kelechi is not a priority for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
REMINDER: Osimhen Gets Date and Shirt Number Ahead Debut For Wolfsburg
[/size]

A tentative date when highly rated Nigerian teen striker Victor Osimhen who is on the books of German side Wolfsburg will make his debut has been known according to reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Osimhen is yet to make his professional bow for the Bundesliga side, but he gave the fans a taste of what to expect from him with a goal in a friendly game against Lupo Martin.

The 17 year old will be eligible to play for the team in competitive games when he clocks 18, and already the club has made it known that he will move straight into the first team.
Although Wolfsburg are yet to appoint a permanent manager to replace Dieter Hecking who was sacked last month, caretaker coach Valerin Ismael who is the coach of the reserve team knows about the abilities of the Nigerian, after handling him in some sessions.

Based on that, he will most likely make his debut for the team against Hamburg on the 21st of January, in a Bundesliga game which will take place at the Volkswagen Arena. The home ground of Wolfsburg.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/reminder-osimhen-gets-date-and-shirt-number-ahead-debut-for-wolfsburg/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Awwwwwww..... Now I'm like... *shy*

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
Iwobi got the genes of a winner. He'll bounce back stronger. smiley

Yesterday's action was an innocent mistake and Wenger pulling him out was down to psychology and then partly tactics. PSG were on the rise from then on. They would have buried Arsenal had they been more clinical.

All the same, Any Arsenal fan who wanna take it out on Iwobi for yesterday's draw will have me to battle..... Right here!

safarigirl:
Maybe Wenger removed Iwobi just knowing that he would spend the rest of the game trying to redeem himself and it could have terrible consequences.

Sometimes, such things could affect your focus in the game and he's young and not used to such mistakes, in a UCL game at that. Pulling him out was a kinda good call, but I still think he should have waited a few more minutes

Okay, just saw the OG...in Iwobi's defence, it was a reflex action. I understand, if only the wolfish fans would understand too.

Icon4s, do you understand?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Al-Ahly Star Junior Ajayi Eyes World Cup 2018 With Super Eagles After Latest League Goal
[/size]

Red hot Al-Ahly striker Junior Ajayi scored his third league goal for the Egyptian giants yesterday in their 3-0 win over Talae El-Geish in the league.

Shortly after the game, the Nigeria Olympic team star announced that he is eager to continue his scoring act, which he believes could aid his chances of playing for Nigeria at the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

” I hope to join the Nigeria national team and reach the 2018 World Cup in Russia,” Ajayi was quoted as saying on the club’s official website.

“Sure, if I perform well with Ahly, it’s easy to find a place in the national team squad,” the Nigerian youngster added.

“Nigeria’s national team already has more talented and experienced players, but I am working on improving my performance so I can appear in the Super Eagles squad,” Ajayi said.

The Cairo giants Ahly have signed a four-year contract with Ajayi, who was part of the Nigeria Olympic national team in the Rio 2016 Games, for $2 million from Tunisian side CS Sfaxien.

The 20-year-old Ajayi, is expected to beef up Ahly’s attacking department following the departure of Evouna, who bagged 12 league goals in his side’s triumphant campaign last season.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/al-ahly-star-junior-ajayi-eyes-world-cup-2018-with-super-eagles-after-latest-league-goal/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Coach Says Super Eagles Target Anichebe Is Like A “Young Drogba” As International Recall Draws Near
[/size]

Coach of Sunderland David Moyes says Victor Anichebe provoked memories of legendary Ivorian forward Didier Drogba in the Black Cats 3-0 win over Hull City.

The forward who could be handed a recall to the senior Nigeria national team, if he maintains his current form and fitness as opposed to previous seasons.

Anichebe scored a brace to ease the relegation worries of the basement club. The brace took his goal tally to three in two games.

Manager Moyes who handed the forward a lifeline in the summer with a one year deal at Sunderland following his release from West Brom was left with nothing but praises for his former protegee at Everton.
“I’ve got to say Victor was very good (in the 3-0 win over Hull City at the Stadium of Light on November 19).

“He was a good team player for us and he was like a young Drogba at times for us (against Hull), he was that good.

“He’s been a bit unlucky with a few other chances but he’s helped us find a way to win (that) game (against Hull).

“When we’ve needed people that can finish we’ve had them,” Moyes concluded.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/coach-says-super-eagles-target-anichebe-is-like-a-young-drogba-as-international-recall-draws-near/http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/coach-says-super-eagles-target-anichebe-is-like-a-young-drogba-as-international-recall-draws-near/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: Super Eagles Coach Rohr Leaves Door Open For QPR Nedum Onouha, Could Meet Him In England
[/size]

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report that Franco German coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr could consider QPR Nedum Onouha, who once snubbed Nigeria for England.

Onouha has indicated his interest to re- launch his international career with Nigeria after failing to make the step up from the English youth teams to the senior national team.

His decision has divided opinions among Nigerians but head coach Gernot believes, if the 30 year old has what it takes to improve the team then he would be handed a call up to the senior national team.

” He can play at right back and also as a central defender. That makes him an option we can’t discard easily but he has to earn his spot in the team. We will keep a close watch on him”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Regardless of what has happened in the past, if he will improve the quality and strength in our team. We will give him a chance. Let say we could possibly meet in London”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/exclusive-super-eagles-coach-rohr-leaves-door-open-for-qpr-nedum-onouha-could-meet-him-in-england/
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
German-Nigerian Midfielder Sarenren-Bazee Would Consider Playing For Nigeria Ahead Of Germany If…..
[/size]

German born Nigerian midfielder Noah-Joel Sarenren-Bazee won’t turn down Nigeria, if he is invited despite being eligible to represent Germany as well.

20 year old Sarenren-Bazee can operate as a midfileder or as a forward and after years of honing his trade playing for low league teams in Germany, he is finally turning heads at 2. Bundesliga side Hannover 96.

Already he is under close watch by the head coach of the Nigeria national team Gernot Rohr, who also hails from Germany with a view of calling him up to the Nigerian team based on his development.

Born to a Nigerian father from Bayelsa State in Nigeria precisely, a family member reached out to Owngoalnigeria.com after our story that he is among three relatively unknown players in the watch list of Rohr.

” If he is called up, he will most definitely honour it. His father is a proud Nigerian and that is a catch, if you ask me. But he is just 20 and still developing, let see how he progresses before we talk about international football” Frederick Bazee told Owngoalnigeria.com.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/german-nigerian-midfielder-sarenren-bazee-would-consider-playing-for-nigeria-ahead-of-germany-if/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Egyptian Arsenal Star Elneny Plays Down Super Eagles Hype, Rates Ghana Higher
[/size]

Arsenal Egyptian midfield anchor Mohammed Elneny says they beating Ghana was more difficult than when they defeated the Super Eagles of Nigeria this year.

Egypt defeated Ghana 2-0 on matchday two of the CAF World Cup 2018 qualifiers and even though they could only beat Nigeria 1-0 when both teams met this year during the AFCON 2017 qualifiers, Elneny insist that Ghana were much harder to beat than Nigeria.

“We played in a realistic way against Ghana,” Elneny told DMC Channel, as reported by Kingfut. The result was important for us, more important than the performance.

“Hector Cuper makes us play in a defensive way that makes it difficult for any team to score against us.

“In training, eight attackers go against three defenders, and they fail to score, so you can imagine what happens when we are six defenders in the match.

“In general, I think Ghana was stronger than Nigeria’s team which we faced in the Afcon qualifications.’

“Cuper guided Egypt to qualify to the Afcon and also, we are in a good position in the World Cup qualifications.

“The results are very good in my opinion.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/24/egyptian-arsenal-star-elneny-plays-down-super-eagles-hype-rates-ghana-higher/
[/b]

The super eagles team Mo Elneny played against is different from the Super Eagles team we have now. The players are the same but the tactics and mentality are poles apart these days. The good run at the Olympics have helped build confidence, must be said.

The Ghanaian team I saw against Egypt played good football, they didn't deserve to looseby 2 goals in my opinion. The Egyptians got their tactics spot on! The old man Hector Cupar have awoken a giant. Am backing the Egyptians to grab the Afcon next year.

I will suggest the super eagles remain humble and approach every game with all seriousness and humility. If the players can remain humble and understand they have achieved nothing yet after MIA in 2 Afcons,they will certainly hit the heights.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Geestunnar(m): 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thanks very much.
UWC Ser

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: Super Eagles Coach Rohr Leaves Door Open For QPR Nedum Onouha, Could Meet Him In England
[/size]

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report that Franco German coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr could consider QPR Nedum Onouha, who once snubbed Nigeria for England.

Onouha has indicated his interest to re- launch his international career with Nigeria after failing to make the step up from the English youth teams to the senior national team.

His decision has divided opinions among Nigerians but head coach Gernot believes, if the 30 year old has what it takes to improve the team then he would be handed a call up to the senior national team.

” He can play at right back and also as a central defender. That makes him an option we can’t discard easily but he has to earn his spot in the team. We will keep a close watch on him”, Rohr told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Regardless of what has happened in the past, if he will improve the quality and strength in our team. We will give him a chance. Let say we could possibly meet in London”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/23/exclusive-super-eagles-coach-rohr-leaves-door-open-for-qpr-nedum-onouha-could-meet-him-in-england/
[/b]
make dis rohr take time o
naija no b dumping ground

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

[/b]

"The feeling I get when I'm watching Nigeria is different to the feeling when I'm watching England,” Onuoha told the UK Guardian.
http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4093/nigerian-football/2012/04/01/3007234/nedum-onuoha-theres-pressure-to-play-for-nigeria-but-england

This was Nedum Onuoha's quote a few years ago. Clearly from his statement, he has no emotional attachment while watching the super eagles play. He feels more emotions watching the 3 lions.
Imagine if we get grouped at the World Cup with England or our paths cross in the later stages, someone like Onuoha could score an own goal deliberately for the team he adores.
Please let's stop this Nedum onuoha nonsense and instead give a home based player a chance. Someone like Etim Matthew or Chidiebere Okoli of Rangers will be more than decent for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
jotey:

make dis rohr take time o
naija no b dumping ground

I actually like Rohr's approach somewhat. He doesn't care about our emotional bias, he just wants to get the job done. If there is a player that can help him, he's gonna call that player. If it was about emotional sentiments, he would have capitulated to the demands of NFF and not call Victor Moses, but he didn't care.

Truth is that Onouha, Hybe and the rest have never rejected Rohr, so he really has nothing against them personally. I say we just let the guy do what he wants.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
safarigirl:
lol, he finally scores this season and it's an og? The immediate removal was harsh though. At least another ten minutes would have been appreciated.

Now, lemme get to something I mentioned months ago when Iwobi started dating that girlfriend of his late last season.

Anyone can disagree, but I maintain my stand that dude didn't need that chic in his life and still doesn't. This whole idea of keeping a girlfriend, especially one who is down with going to clubs and 'turning up' has never been good.

A lot of people discount the impact a relationship has on people people's psyche, it can mess up your head at the oddest times and ruin your game.

Even Pep Guardiola admitted that the key to being a good player is staying away from bedroom activities.

Anyway, he needs to drop that chic, leave social media and die on that training pitch to get his mojo back cuz this season has just gone left for him

ABSOLUTELY 100% ACCURATE, What will get you ahead is Focus, Discipline and Resilience. Much much more than just talent. Tooo many undisciplined talented footballers who didn't make it.

I recall Raheem at age 16/17 almost got entrapped and derailed by a very savvy girl who was 3 years older than him.

Anyway she has a daughter and a % of his earnings until his daughter is 18. Don't know what the settlement is but could easily by £3-5k a week, for a runs babe in Liverpool not bad eh.

So the motivation for the girls is well very high.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.