Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647250 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2018
Truidstar:
Gernot Rohr submit list yesterday CYRIL DESSERS NAME NO DEY OOOO cry cry cry cry
Dessers man relax o,let's see the list first.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2018
realpoacher:
It is atrocious watching the so called "World class" or "Top class" Goalkeepers conceding avoidable plenty goals at this knockout stage of the Uefa Champions League.
One would expect that the very best keepers in world football presently will atleast keep the scorelines reasonably low. But alas, what do we see,?...we see scandalous scoreline like 5-2, 4-2, 2-2, 1-2, 3-0, 1-3,4-1 and 3-0.

Ter stegan conceded 4 goals over two legs, Navas conceded 6 goals in 4 matches, Ultriech conceded 4 in two legs, karius conceded 6 over two legs while the so called exceptional Alison conceded a whooping 11 goals in 4 matches....

I can bet my left balls that if our young, inspiring Uzoho had kept any of these games, he would probably had been put on the slaughterhouse in this thread.... SMH!!

If stegan, Ultriech, Alison, Navas, karius playing among their mates could not keep the scorelines low,... Then what miracle do we expect uzoho to produce?.... undecided
I ask because it seems like we have placed a ridiculously high demands on his shoulders, expecting him to perform even better than his seniors when among his mates he has done very well and keeping almost more than 9 clean sheets. undecided

Even when called upon to man the post among his seniors, he has not done badly conceding only 2 goals in three matches.

I think its high time we left the young man alone and begin to believe in his abilities else I will assume that we too have begun to judge our brothers through the prism of the white man,... I will assume we have become belligerent, and insatiable with our expectations

I am specifically passing this message across to Mujtahida, O pari master, egbon kog45, egbon forgiveness, Joebie who castigated Uzoho to abyss since the day his club videos surfaced here,.. and even our dear tbaba1234 who with his little experience in amateur goalkeeping should have known better that as a young keeper, you can easily learn and grow unlike an already established Goalkeeper.

Realpoacher my man,CASTIGATE,No o but saying the obvious,hope he comes good at WC and i would be extremely happy for the young man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33am On May 05, 2018
I know how you think, which is why I had to repeat “for example” twice. It’s unfortunate you didn’t get my point after all.

forgiveness:

Your analogy is floored in regards to Agu because the coach didn't ignore his performance in his club and refused to invite him to the National team just because he 'THINKS' Agu can't bring anything to the team. Rather, based on his performance in his club, the coach invited and tried him in his preferred role for him and the world to see if he could bring something to the team before he arrived at a logical conclusion devoid of logical errors in drawing conclusions from mere assumptions based on 'THINKING' or 'THOUGHT' which is inconsequential inconsistent with established fact. That is the point.

So, that should be the factor to invite Simy and others doing well before you hang them with mere 'THINKING'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:44am On May 05, 2018
oga yaya Toure would have been dropped any day by Pep, is that injustice to the player? It’s for the general good of the team. The coach knows how he wants to play and the kind of players— based on their attributes — that would execute that winning formula.

If u can’t get my point just forget it.

forgiveness:

Which thinking too much?

You said and I quote 'Coaches don't see it as an injustice to' A PLAYER....... '.

That is obviously generalization which is totally unacceptable.

Except you admit you erred big time in that part to have generalized.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:51am On May 05, 2018
Joebie:
I know how you think, which is why I had to repeat “for example” twice. It’s unfortunate you didn’t get my point after all.

Look at you! You know how I think? You be God? grin

That example is floored with double standard. Full stop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:55am On May 05, 2018
Okay tell me what’s double standard about it. Let me assume you know the meaning of your claim.

forgiveness:

Look at you! You know how I think? You be God? grin

That example is floored with double standard. Full stop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:05pm On May 05, 2018
Joebie:
oga yaya Toure would have been dropped any day by Pep, is that injustice to the player? It’s for the general good of the team. The coach knows how he wants to play and the kind of players— based on their attributes — that would execute that winning formula.

If u can’t get my point just forget it.

Yes! The coach can drop any player but that is after the player must have been tested by the same coach to see what he brings to his team.

The National team is not like club you buy players that suits your pattern, it's what you have that determines how you play.

Even clubs like Chelsea will not buy the coach his preferred players and the coach is expected to perform or get out.

My point remains that logical conclusion must be made after the player performing well in his club fails to suit the coach pattern of player. EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:13pm On May 05, 2018
Why do national team coaches send scouts though the stats are already there?

Modified
Following your argument, with stats you don’t need scouts. Why do we need Agali and the others when every Chioma, Haija, and Tope can jump on the computer?

forgiveness:

Yes! The coach can drop any player but that is after the player must have been tested by the same coach to see what he brings to his team.

The National team is not like club you buy players that suits your pattern, it's what you have that determines how you play.

Even clubs like Chelsea will not buy the coach his preferred players and the coach is expected to perform or get out.

My point remains that logical conclusion must be made after the player performing well in his club fails to suit the coach pattern of player. EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:17pm On May 05, 2018
Joebie:
Okay tell me what’s double standard about it. Let me assume you know the meaning of your claim.

Your example of Agu and Simy is an epitomy of double standard.

It is double standard when you compared Simy who is yet to kick a ball for the national team with Agu who already had his chances.

It is justice to drop Agu because he has been given the chance but injustice to drop Simy without kicking a ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:25pm On May 05, 2018
In the first place Agu is not even highly regarded by his current coach. THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE. What you would have asked me is to give a more appropriate example. Invitation and dropping of a player are two different things entirely.

I wouldn’t use the term double standard the way you just used it, but it’s English everyone has a right to express themselves the way they want.

forgiveness:

Your example of Agu and Simy is an epitomy of double standard.

It is double standard when you compared Simy who is yet to kick a ball for the national team with Agu who already had his chances.

It is justice to drop Agu because he has been given the chance but injustice to drop Simy without kicking a ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:39pm On May 05, 2018
Finally unbanned.....; D

This is the part 2:

Germany

GIB MIR 5
HIGH FIVE

Hahahahahahahahaha.......

Iceland

Látum drauminn verða að veruleika
LET'S MAKE OUR DREAM COME TRUE

Chai!

Japan

‟感動と幸せ”を世界の子供たちへ!⚽
We take emotion and happiness to children in the world.

Are they an NGO? Do they run a puppet show? Are we still talking about a football team?

Korea Republic

오천만의 심장, 하나로 뛰다
50 Million Hearts Run as One

They better run faster than a race car

Mexico

HOY HAY CIELITO LINDO PORQUE MÉXICO SERÁ CAMPEÓN
TODAY IS CIELITO LINDO BECAUSE MEXICO WILL BE CHAMPION

Wawuu....a bit too long, isn't it? Dries up in the mouth before you can even finish saying it

Morocco

المغرب بلدنا..الروح الرياضية شعارنا..كأس العالم حلمنا
Morocco is our Country, Fairplay is our slogan, World Cup is our dream

If Fairplay is already their slogan, someone obviously wasted time coming up with this one

Panama

HÉROES A BORDO
HEROES ON BOARD.

Heroes, more important than babies on board

Portugal

O PASSADO É GLÓRIA, O PRESENTE É HISTÓRIA
THE PAST IS GLORY, THE PRESENT IS HISTORY
NO MAR DESCOBRIDORES, EM CAMPO CONQUISTADORES!
DISCOVERERS IN THE SEA, CONQUERORS IN THE FIELD!
O FUTURO ESTÁ À VISTA, É TEMPO DA PRÓXIMA CONQUISTA!
THE FUTURE IS IN SIGHT, IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT CONQUEST!

Someone is obviously more interested in Portugal's history as colonial masters, than their history as a footballing nation[/b]

Senegal

IMPOSSIBLE N'EST PAS SÉNÉGALAIS
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT SENEGALESE

[i]So, impossible must be a Nigerian then? Or English? Somebody, help us with the Nationality of Impossible

Serbia

Izaberi svoj put do pobede!
CHOOSE YOUR OWN RIDE TO VICTORY

So, can I get a Ferrari?

Spain

UNIDOS, LOS SUEÑOS SE CUMPLEN
UNITED, DREAMS COME TRUE

I'm sure De Gea would love this one

Switzerland

FOUR LANGUAGES, ONE NATION

Just four? Mtchew

Tunisia

يا روسيا جاوك النسور. يد وحدة ملاعبية و جمهور
Russia here comes the eagles hand in hand players and fans

I feel bad for Tunisia...not only is this cheesy, it would also look terrible on a bus

Uruguay

EL CAMINO ES LA RECOMPENSA
THE WAY IS THE REWARD

This looks like a subtle jab at Suarez undecided

All in all, there was zero creativity in these slogans. Countries like Iran, Panama, Russia and Sweden had a better lot than most, however, Saudi Arabia were the luckiest

Saudi Arabia

فرسان الصحراء
Desert Knights
الصقور الخضر .. قدّها وقدود
You Can Do it…. Green Falcons
معاكم يا صقورنا الخضر
With you.. Our Green Falcons

Simple and straight to the point.... Thankfully, Slogans don't get to play ball wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:45pm On May 05, 2018
Very well said my sister. “Slogans don’t get to play ball” but team spirit is the driving force.
safarigirl:
Finally unbanned.....; D

This is the part 2:

Germany

GIB MIR 5
HIGH FIVE

Hahahahahahahahaha.......

Iceland

Látum drauminn verða að veruleika
LET'S MAKE OUR DREAM COME TRUE

Chai!

Japan

‟感動と幸せ”を世界の子供たちへ!⚽
We take emotion and happiness to children in the world.

Are they an NGO? Do they run a puppet show? Are we still talking about a football team?

Korea Republic

오천만의 심장, 하나로 뛰다
50 Million Hearts Run as One

They better run faster than a race car

Mexico

HOY HAY CIELITO LINDO PORQUE MÉXICO SERÁ CAMPEÓN
TODAY IS CIELITO LINDO BECAUSE MEXICO WILL BE CHAMPION

Wawuu....a bit too long, isn't it? Dries up in the mouth before you can even finish saying it

Morocco

المغرب بلدنا..الروح الرياضية شعارنا..كأس العالم حلمنا
Morocco is our Country, Fairplay is our slogan, World Cup is our dream

If Fairplay is already their slogan, someone obviously wasted time coming up with this one

Panama

HÉROES A BORDO
HEROES ON BOARD.

Heroes, more important than babies on board

Portugal

O PASSADO É GLÓRIA, O PRESENTE É HISTÓRIA
THE PAST IS GLORY, THE PRESENT IS HISTORY
NO MAR DESCOBRIDORES, EM CAMPO CONQUISTADORES!
DISCOVERERS IN THE SEA, CONQUERORS IN THE FIELD!
O FUTURO ESTÁ À VISTA, É TEMPO DA PRÓXIMA CONQUISTA!
THE FUTURE IS IN SIGHT, IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT CONQUEST!

Someone is obviously more interested in Portugal's history as colonial masters, than their history as a footballing nation[/b]

Senegal

IMPOSSIBLE N'EST PAS SÉNÉGALAIS
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT SENEGALESE

[i]So, impossible must be a Nigerian then? Or English? Somebody, help us with the Nationality of Impossible

Serbia

Izaberi svoj put do pobede!
CHOOSE YOUR OWN RIDE TO VICTORY

So, can I get a Ferrari?

Spain

UNIDOS, LOS SUEÑOS SE CUMPLEN
UNITED, DREAMS COME TRUE

I'm sure De Gea would love this one

Switzerland

FOUR LANGUAGES, ONE NATION

Just four? Mtchew

Tunisia

يا روسيا جاوك النسور. يد وحدة ملاعبية و جمهور
Russia here comes the eagles hand in hand players and fans

I feel bad for Tunisia...not only is this cheesy, it would also look terrible on a bus

Uruguay

EL CAMINO ES LA RECOMPENSA
THE WAY IS THE REWARD

This looks like a subtle jab at Suarez undecided

All in all, there was zero creativity in these slogans. Countries like Iran, Panama, Russia and Sweden had a better lot than most, however, Saudi Arabia were the luckiest

Saudi Arabia

فرسان الصحراء
Desert Knights
الصقور الخضر .. قدّها وقدود
You Can Do it…. Green Falcons
معاكم يا صقورنا الخضر
With you.. Our Green Falcons

Simple and straight to the point.... Thankfully, Slogans don't get to play ball wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:45pm On May 05, 2018
From reliable source... in sir chriskels voice

Mikel not in d 35man list grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:50pm On May 05, 2018
I voted " The Spirit of Unity" for Nigeria... That was the only one that sounded decent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:55pm On May 05, 2018
GBAM
tbaba1234:
I voted " The Spirit of Unity" for Nigeria... That was the only one that sounded decent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:29pm On May 05, 2018
Joebie:
Salah’s quality is not debatable. But Simy’s is.
6 goals in a season is not impressive and to make matters worse he just started scoring. A coach may not be convinced enough even with his OK goals per minute ratio. There is no guarantee he would have banged goals if he was given more minutes earlier in the season. Seeing something is believing. Anything else Is just an assumption. And to add to that if what Solace said is true it’s a typical reason why many coaches may turn their back on a player — for the general good of the team.

At the same time we want the on form players in the team. If u look at the bottom half in any league 6 goals is a good tally for a striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:20pm On May 05, 2018
It’s a good tally no doubt relatively speaking. I’ve already made a point that the player must have other strengths besides his height. Our scouts will do their job as regards determining what he can bring. They should have access to tapes etc.
I wouldn’t go by Solace’ opinion alone.

BascoVanVeli:

At the same time we want the on form players in the team. If u look at the bottom half in any league 6 goals is a good tally for a striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:21pm On May 05, 2018
I swear u can cry watching a relegation match up. Chai see stoke city fans

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2018
Joebie:
It’s a good tally no doubt relatively speaking. I’ve already made a point that the player must have other strengths besides his height. Our scouts will do their job as regards determining what he can bring. They should have access to tapes etc.
I wouldn’t go by Solace’ opinion alone.

Completely agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:17pm On May 05, 2018
Truidstar:
Gernot Rohr submit list yesterday CYRIL DESSERS NAME NO DEY OOOO cry cry cry cry
How can he make the 35 man squad by sitting on the bench in the Eredivisie not in EPL or German league.

Osimhen is even ahead of him.

Any no.9 in consideration for WC must be playing week in, week out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:34pm On May 05, 2018
EEGA:
How can he make the 35 man squad by sitting on the bench in the Eredivisie not in EPL or German league.

Osimhen is even ahead of him.

Any no.9 in consideration for WC must be playing week in, week out.

Osimhen is not ahead of him..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2018
Ademola luqmon with a brace against wolfsburg

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2018
elyte89:
From reliable source... in sir chriskels voice

Mikel not in d 35man list grin

From a reliable source also...... tomorrow is not Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
I swear u can cry watching a relegation match up. Chai see stoke city fans

Stoke are not mathematically relegated yet. It is still hinged on Swansea's result today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:58pm On May 05, 2018
andrew444:

They don't judge football that way okay.

Salah was named the best Epl player,is Liverpool the best Epl team this season ?

Please oga forgiveness remove sentiment,forget say kayode na our man okay.

Kayode was the top scorer in the league but Austria wein didn't win the league and they came second.

But Austria wein is the most successful club in Austria with 24 league titles while Salzburg has just 11 league title
You're right but mind you, that was far in the past. Salzburg is the biggest club in Austria, with no rival.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:01pm On May 05, 2018
Icon4s:

Stoke are not mathematically relegated yet. It is still hinged on Swansea's result today.

Yes they are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LordOfNaira: 4:08pm On May 05, 2018
No Mikel, no Moses.
Troost-Ekong partnered Awaziem in CB.
Onazi captained.
Result: Nigeria 0 - South Africa 2

No Mikel, no Moses.
Troost-Ekong partnered Awaziem in CB.
Onazi captained.
Result: Nigeria 0 - Serbia 2

Are these mere coincidences?

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2018
Danielnino00:

Will Nigeria ever produce a striker like him again??
What do you mean. He's not that spectacular.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2018
safarigirl:
I sha don't like any of the slogans. Too plain TBH.

I prefer that 2014 own
What's the 2014 own?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:17pm On May 05, 2018
Mathematically? No

BascoVanVeli:

Yes they are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2018
EmmGee:

i haven't seen his highlights, but sometimes scoring tap ins is not a bad thing, it shows he has good positioning

look at cr7, he has world class strike partners by his side, but he seems to be the only that scores tap ins among them.
True talk, bro. The guy's exploits are being waved of just because its the NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2018
Icon4s:

Was waiting for this comment to prop up all morning.

Awoniyi, is a boy I met at the U17 Camp in 2012. He was barely 14/15 then and he looked it. He has really transformed a lot physically from then till now. I posted a pix on here earlier on. Besides Awoniyi wrote WAEC the same year he played the U17. And that is usually a major pointer to someone's age.
Thank you Chief icon4s.

I had the opportunity of watching U17 WC live at UAE and i can tell anybody that those guys were young cos i was very close to the team due to Awoniyi who was a year old when i graduated from Unilorin,his Dad was an area bro and they live closely to old university campus in Agbo oba area of Ilorin.

I can't even remember how Awoniyi started his career cos he was not even in the picture of the young boys playing football then in Ilorin especially in the stadium arena,just to tell you he was extremely young.

It was during U17 that my younger bro drew my attention saying "omo bros ti won bi nigba ye ni Tayo Awoniyi" meaning that Tayo Awoniyi na bros pikin o.

But really surprised is going for early marriage, just too early and definitely guys would be suspicious of his age except someone like you or me who knew him very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3449) (3450) (3451) (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, robosky02(m), elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.