Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11689036 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3576) (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:17pm On May 19, 2018
I tell you the truth black Americans have had these kind of lessons at the homefront for generations now. How has it helped them?
The history of man is about conquests and kingdoms. Hatred of whites will not help our cause going forward. History should be taught with an analytical approach. What could we have done differently? Are we still under the influence of our past colonial masters? If so, in what ways? Hiw are they keeping us in check. How can we break away from that in the most clever way possible? How can we instill new values in our society with the aim of rewriting history?
Teaching ourselves to hate whites will enslave our minds even more. Hatred itself is draining and hinders innovation. The only way we can beat them is to use them. You can’t achieve this by wearing the cap of hatred. We must think how we can be better, not how we can be like them. For many of us, this is a tall order, and that’s because we are still slaves mentally.

OMANBALA1:

Oga , I dont have a domineering attitude I just feel there are things nobody should teach or remind you. The whites came to Africa to steal,destroy ,ruin,exploit and wipe you off the face of the earth and this need to be taught in our schools...Every African need to know this moving forward ,they(whites) are not your friend and they dont pretend about it rather you are the one romancing them. They take what is good in you and leave but you swallow everything they feed you and latch unto them. Not everything the white brought was bad but we have to be smart enough to identify the ones that can benefit us.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Agu can be a good substitute.
Taaa!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 2:20pm On May 19, 2018
fabyom:
I lost my one and only sibling yesterday to the cold hands of death. My elder bro, he was just 40 years old. Got sick the same day he was to start a very lucrative job after years of struggling without a well paid Job. Trying to control how sad I am.

I am extremely sorry for your loss sir... May God in his infinite mercy grant you the fortitude to bear the loss!

Please Accept my deepest condolences
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:20pm On May 19, 2018
fabyom:
I lost my one and only sibling yesterday to the cold hands of death. My elder bro, he was just 40 years old. Got sick the same day he was to start a very lucrative job after years of struggling without a well paid Job. Trying to control how sad I am.

Sigh! I could feel your pain sir. Lost my uncle too last month find it so hard to believe he's gone... Kept taking him from one hospital to another till he gave up the ghost. Just slumped and died just like that...

I pray to God to comfort you and your family. Just remember in every thing we should keep thanking God.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:23pm On May 19, 2018
lexyman:

THE MOST DANGEROUS AMONG THEM ACCORDING TO STAT. JUNIOR LOKOSA FOLLOWED BY Odion Ighalo . what if Lokosa makes it to the world cup ? grin

Junior might make it, he should play huge part in the Congo friendly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On May 19, 2018
Martz101:

But most footballers live with there wife in the city they are playing, only some few case of tounermemt like worldcup or 2 days trip to play European matches.
so, Iwobi lives in Arsenal. The day he has a game against Manchester United, won't he leave London for Manchester?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:26pm On May 19, 2018
chrisooblog:
you said I posted false information isn't that indirectly calling me a liar?

You called me biased even when at the beginning of my statement I said I had no issues with onigbinde calling ogbeche up

Stop beating around the bush how many goals did ogbeche score that year also which sangolo did he score since according to you that was the basis for his call up

Is it not false information?

So, I should you posted holy false information to make look holy false information? grin

Biased in sense that Simy had a blistering season with 7 goals but Ogbeche didn't have blistering season eventhough he 5 goals that season. Yes!

Where in my post did you see claimed Ogbeche scored with Sangalo?

I said his accusing claimed it was due to that Sangalo he was chosen.

Now, If you really want to know the numbers of goals Ogbeche scored click those links. Period.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2018
Happy Birthday omoge Safarigirl!!!

Wishing you all the best in life.
Have fun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2018
Happy Birthday Madam Confun!
Wishing you all the best in life.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:38pm On May 19, 2018
forgiveness:

So, I should you posted holy false information to make look holy false information? grin

Biased in sense that Simy had a blistering season with 7 goals but Ogbeche didn't have blistering season eventhough he 5 goals that season. Yes!

If you really want to know click those links. Period.

I have kept on asking which false information did I post? If you don't post it then you are a liar

Where did I say blistering season for simy? You are truly a case

I repeat post the ''honest information'' what are you scared of Mr beacon of truth and integrity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:38pm On May 19, 2018
If selected, 6’6” Simmy Nwankwo would be the tallest player ever to play for the Super Eagles at a word cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:42pm On May 19, 2018
Let him also be the first to score a hat-trick. Na that kind record we dey find.
PDPGuy:
If selected, 6’6” Simmy Nwankwo would be the tallest player ever to play for the Super Eagles at a word cup.

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:43pm On May 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Where in my post did you see claimed Ogbeche scored with Sangalo?

I said his accusing claimed it was due to that Sangalo he was chosen.

Now, If you really want to know the numbers of goals Ogbeche scored click those links. Period.

stop with the story and post na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:44pm On May 19, 2018
ANS reports that Benfica has signed Ebuehi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:50pm On May 19, 2018
fabyom:

Sorry to hear that my brother. You and your family will be in my prayers. We are all here for you God bless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:51pm On May 19, 2018
Show me a system that is clean. I’m not surprised this is coming from someone who calls himself a saint. Even Jesus Christ said only the Father is good.

forgiveness:

What triggers question?

You are trying hard to bring clean thing from unclean.

I can differentiate btw trying to bring clean from unclean and seeing seeing positive in weakness. Two different things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:11pm On May 19, 2018
chrisooblog:
I have kept on asking which false information did I post? If you don't post it then you are a liar

Where did I say blistering season for simy? You are truly a case

I repeat post the ''honest information'' what are you scared of Mr beacon of truth and integrity

Show me where Ogbeche scored one goal through out that season going into the WC. grin

Didn't you say Ogbeche situation was different from Simy's situation?

Oga, Ogbeche scored 5 goals with star studded PSG hence nothing different from Simy's situation.

This is the link that puts nail to the coffin that Ogbeche was in the same form Simy is prior to the 2002 WC. EOD

You can pretend you didn't see it but those who really wants to be informed will open the link and confirm the truth while those who love lies will pretend. grin

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bartholomew-ogbeche/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/5574/saison/2001/wettbewerb/FR1/verein/583
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:20pm On May 19, 2018
Joebie:
Show me a system that is clean. I’m not surprised this is coming from someone who calls himself a saint. Even Jesus Christ said only the Father is good.

Then, why are you searching for what is not? grin

Call me so called saint? What about if I am holy, what will you call me? grin

My friend, 'unto the church of God which is at Corinthian.. to them that are holy...called to be Saints..' Who was Paul addressing as Saints in that quotation in 1corin 1:2?

If you want to know I can teach you. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:24pm On May 19, 2018
Probably Alhaji Gero bought a nice wrist watch for Dan Amokachi...... The only logical reason I can come up with why he would recommend such a talentless player for the national team.

Nigeria need more than Odion Ighalo in Russia, says Daniel Amokachi

Former Nigeria forward Daniel Amokachi has pointed at Nigeria's weak area which needs to be worked on going to the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.
Gernot Rohr's powered in 11 goals during the qualifying series, but the former Everton star is worried over the absence of a prominent figure in the attacking setup.
Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Junior Lokosa, Simeon Nwankwo, Victor Moses and Moses Simeon make up the attacking lineup of the Super Eagles' 30-man provisional list.

“The qualification was the first step and we did it with ease. There is a lot of work to be done because the qualifier is a different ball game from the World Cup proper,” Amokachi told Goal.
“The most important thing now is to work on our no. 9. We are struggling with a no.

“The only number 9 I think that we have is Alhaji Gero who plays in the Swedish league.
“He is doing wonderfully well and I think he's a much better player to be on the waiting list. I don't know him from jack but I see him play and I know he's a damn good no. 9.
“The only no. 9 we have is Odion Ighalo but we still need another because the no. 9 has done a whole lot from generation till date."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/nigeria-need-more-than-odion-ighalo-in-russia-says-daniel/2v894lu6gs9o1gsxxbldi37kw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:27pm On May 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Show me where Ogbeche scored one goal through out that season going into the WC. grin

Didn't you say Ogbeche situation was different from Simy's situation?

Oga, Ogbeche scored 5 goals with star studded PSG hence nothing different from Simy's situation.

This is the link that puts nail to the coffin that Ogbeche was in the same form Simy is prior to the 2002 WC. EOD

You can pretend you didn't see it but those who really wants to be informed will open the link and confirm the truth while those who love lies will pretend. grin

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bartholomew-ogbeche/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/5574/saison/2001/wettbewerb/FR1/verein/583
lol someone scored 7 league goals the other person 1 yes you have sure busted my ''false information''

Plus you have not showed where I said simy was blistering mr truth and honesty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:32pm On May 19, 2018
forgiveness:

Then, why are searching for what is not? grin

Called me so called saint? What about if I am holy, what will you call me? grin

My friend, 'unto the church of God which is at Corinthian.. to them that are holy...called to be Saints..' Who was Paul addressing as Saints in that quotation in 1corin 1:2?

If you want to know I can teach you. grin
pride goeth b4 a fall

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2018
goldfish80:
Probably Alhaji Gero bought a nice wrist watch for Dan Amokachi...... The only logical reason I can come up with why he would recommend such a talentless player for the national team.

Nigeria need more than Odion Ighalo in Russia, says Daniel Amokachi

Former Nigeria forward Daniel Amokachi has pointed at Nigeria's weak area which needs to be worked on going to the 2018 Fifa World Cup in Russia.
Gernot Rohr's powered in 11 goals during the qualifying series, but the former Everton star is worried over the absence of a prominent figure in the attacking setup.
Kelechi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Junior Lokosa, Simeon Nwankwo, Victor Moses and Moses Simeon make up the attacking lineup of the Super Eagles' 30-man provisional list.

“The qualification was the first step and we did it with ease. There is a lot of work to be done because the qualifier is a different ball game from the World Cup proper,” Amokachi told Goal.
“The most important thing now is to work on our no. 9. We are struggling with a no.

“The only number 9 I think that we have is Alhaji Gero who plays in the Swedish league.
“He is doing wonderfully well and I think he's a much better player to be on the waiting list. I don't know him from jack but I see him play and I know he's a damn good no. 9.
“The only no. 9 we have is Odion Ighalo but we still need another because the no. 9 has done a whole lot from generation till date."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/nigeria-need-more-than-odion-ighalo-in-russia-says-daniel/2v894lu6gs9o1gsxxbldi37kw
Any time these local coaches speak, i just wonder if it will be back to status quo by the time we revert back to a local coach. I mean, look at the names siasia listed the other day, look at salisu's list and look at this name Amokachi is calling. No jokes, some forumites here will draw up a better list.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2018
When is U20 match starting today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:39pm On May 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Saying US is overrated is nothing but stark ignorance because you dont live there neither do you know what benefits a US citizen gets. You might not feel among because you were not born there but economic-wise its the place to be ,if you want to get good education and make good living.
if you want to talk to somebody, be man enough to quote the person to drop your nonsense.

So, because US is an economic hub, we should all bow down and worship? US is overrated, I feel the same way about Lagos and Abuja when you bring it down to Nigeria. Not everybody is concerned about economy when they look at places they like to stay. Some of us are more interested in relative peace and less drama.

You wey dem born there, you no go like help us the less privileged reach there to see the US you are so proud of?

Boasting about another man's land, but same you is out here dragging people who bear the white man's name. What is the difference between you and them?

Nonsense hypocrite.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2018
Happy Birthday to the strong Ladies of the house: Safarigirl and Confun.

This is double grooving for us. Where are the parties taking place Jare? No matter the location I can transmission my self there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:45pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks to all who have wished me a happy birthday, and my condolences to fabyom for the loss of your brother. Having lost my mother as a child, I understand the pains of losing a loved one.

I don't think I can even bear such a loss today. May his soul rest in peace, and I pray you grow to fulfill his dreams for you

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 3:49pm On May 19, 2018
Joebie:
ANS reports that Benfica has signed Ebuehi
since earlier. he was loaned back to ado
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:52pm On May 19, 2018
safarigirl:
Thanks to all who have wished me a happy birthday, and my condolences to fabyom for the loss of your brother. Having lost my mother as a child, I understand the pains of losing a loved one.

I don't think I can even bear such a loss today. May his soul rest in peace, and I pray you grow to fulfill his dreams for you

Happy birthday my Queen kiss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2018
Congratulations Ebuehi

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:55pm On May 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Oga , I dont have a domineering attitude I just feel there are things nobody should teach or remind you. The whites came to Africa to steal,destroy ,ruin,exploit and wipe you off the face of the earth and this need to be taught in our schools...Every African need to know this moving forward ,they(whites) are not your friend and they dont pretend about it rather you are the one romancing them. They take what is good in you and leave but you swallow everything they feed you and latch unto them. Not everything the white brought was bad but we have to be smart enough to identify the ones that can benefit us.

Men.... I know this is a view held by many. I cannot say it is false. But there are even more positives about the Whites visiting our once "dark" continent.

I chose to focus more on the positives.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2018
fabyom:

Sad news indeed. Please accept our condolences.
May his soul rest in Peace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:05pm On May 19, 2018
Icon4s:

Men.... I know this is a view held by many. I cannot say it is false. But there are even more positives about the Whites visiting our once "dark" continent.

I chose to focus more on the positives.
funny how the whites are such an evil race, but man's is living in a country developed by the same white people cheesy

He will tell you how the labour of black slaves went into building America, and so, that should make up for his presence there....as if he is a descendant of the slaves.

Abeg, take all these online activists seriously at your own peril. Nnamdi Kanu talk pass this one, but where is he now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3576) (3577) (3578) (3579) (3580) (3581) (3582) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrwilliams9, Philosopher1979, Kingjite1, PDPGuy and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.