Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11954235 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) ... (16371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:06pm On May 25, 2018
If Yahaya doesn't get a promise of regular run of game time with the first team next season, I will advice he does an Awaziem with Nantes or another modest French or even a German club it will really help him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:06pm On May 25, 2018
Mickael2:

Selective amnesia Sir

You make me laugh with your punchy statement ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:07pm On May 25, 2018
Gernot Rohr on the call for Nwakali:

You cannot say that we should take some players after the holiday match against Atletico. They came with a second team and the plan was to see them for the future. I have no regrets with my selection.

“My real regret is that people talk about players not on the list than those on the list. This is not fair as we have many interesting players on that team as well”,

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:08pm On May 25, 2018
^ Key word: Holiday match

Spot on..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 11:09pm On May 25, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I think this thread isn't meant for people like you. I pray you don't infect this exciting elating thread with more of your likes.
And why would that be?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:
I would to tender my unreserved apology to the members of this noble group. the OGs/elders of the group i.e Icon4s, Icon79, ChrisKels, Tbaba, Mujtahida, Joebie, Oasis, AIG07, daveP, Safarigirl, Terzrum, Goke7, Komekn, TheSuperNerd, Mickael2, TheGoodJoe, Forgiveness, etc and the rest of the silent readers association.
My behavior today was unacceptable and unfortunate. I let boredom mixed with anger get the better of me. I promise to try and never fall into a situation like this.
Accept my sincere apologies.

Apologies accepted. Very difficult but you have to control yourself from getting carried away with emotions.

Back to the game. I hope the news of Kelechi Nwakali training with the Super Eagles team in Russia is true. It will be a big plus to the NFF, Rohr and the coaching crew. Shows we are now taking possession of helping our special talents develop. Wish Kelechi Nwakali the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:11pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

You cannot say that we should take some players after the holiday match against Atletico. They came with a second team and the plan was to see them for the future. I have no regrets with my selection.

“My real regret is that people talk about players not on the list than those on the list. This is not fair as we have many interesting players on that team as well”,

very matured response , some should respect his decision

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:11pm On May 25, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Apologies accepted. Very difficult but you have to control yourself from getting carried away with emotions.

Back to the game. I hope the news of Kelechi Nwakali training with the Super Eagles team in Russia is true. It will be a big plus to the NFF, Rohr and the coaching crew. Shows we are now taking possession of helping our special talents develop. Wish Kelechi Nwakali the best.

It is false...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:11pm On May 25, 2018
hardwerk:
iwu Akpa Scrotumballs

Lol isi aki write central igbo no dey use Owerri dialect(iwu instead of I bu) e dey do me somehow for body.

About obiora that u said Rohr should drop, please do you know how well he did for his club this past season? And has he reported to Uyo camp also to join his colleagues?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On May 25, 2018
Gernot Rohr on Uche Agbo

“Uche Agbo didn’t play in the qualifiers because we have many competition in that position. He is always with the team because he had a good season with his club Standard Liege”,

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:12pm On May 25, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I am so excited with that news....even though he does not get to make the world cup list ....training with the super eagles team is a plus.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:13pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:

I [s]see this just after i apologized to the group. I will let this slide partly because i have already apologized and because i am out of the boring workshop I've been in for almost the whole day grin grin
But worry not, they will be another day when you forget to be a "silent reader" and i the apology i just tendered. It will be fun
Just remember the legacy you leave as you run away....it makes that of Harvey Weinstein look like Mandela.
Goodbye to you too
[/s]
LMAO
Which apology Is he talking about.? Always looking for an eazy spot. grin

calling mod to ban me becoz u couldnt stand the heat. grin
Asslicking dog..Have u wiped forginess shitty ass tonight grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:14pm On May 25, 2018
comodo:
In other news. Lateef Omidji has confirmed the invitation for the under 15 championship from Nigeria. He said it will be an honour to rep Naija in the championship which will commence from July.

I hope dat MFM no.10 wonder kid was invited too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:14pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:

please bro...stop this act.
you should come in here peace and not in war
had it been this thread was like this prior you arrival...you won't like come in or read through....
please join make this thread a better place

I have heard u bro.. I will stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:15pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

I hope dat MFM no.10 wonder kid was invited too?

Sule, baller!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

It is false...

Nothing wrong in hoping. However, the Rohr statement you posted is about final selection, not training with the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:18pm On May 25, 2018
Kai when u for just talk 1st paragraph leave matter... your overanalysis even in the current state of things don put me for paralysisiooo.. .I no put my mouth again.

forgiveness:

Walahi! If I say I was not impressed, flabbergasted, dumbfounded etc by his performance in that match,I dey lie but since the unit measurement standard has been set here by the two faced double standard fellows, I have to stick to the rules na. grin

However, as Komekn said consistent performance at the top level leagues should determine the factor for invitation into the National team. With that, I concur.

Moreover, after watching the replay of the friendly, I discovered that when Athletico Madrid decided to keep the ball, we were dominated for about 25 minutes but as soon as we scored, they decided to give up possesion in the middle and hit us on counter attacks which eventually worked for them.

It was not as the result of our dominance in the midfield but the tactics Athletico Madrid used made us florished in the midfield.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

I have heard u bro.. I will stop
thanks...I appreciate. good night and sleep well...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2018
How Super Eagles Team A, B & C Lined Up In Training; Aina & Idowu Score Beauties

Four players Wilfred Ndidi, Moses Simon, Odion Ighalo and William Troost-Ekong did not take part in Friday's practice match during the Super Eagles workout at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium as a result of fitness concerns and fatigue.
After the usual stretching and jogging exercises, Rohr split the squad into three groups for games on a reduced sized pitch.
Team A had goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, John Obi Mikel, Joel Obi, Brian Idowu, Abdullahi Shehu, Chidozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Oghenekaro Etebo.
The outfielders for Team B were Kelechi Iheanacho, Junior Lokosa, Ahmed Musa, Ola Aina, Stephen Eze, Tyronne Ebuehi and Uche Ugbo with Ikechukwu Ezenwa in goal.
Goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, John Ogu, Leon Balogun, Elderson Echiejile, Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo, Mikel Agu, Alex Iwobi and Eddy Onazi played for Team C.
The goalkeepers were largely moved around teams as the matches progressed and Plateau United's Dele Ajiboye later subbed in for Ezenwa.

The first match was between Team A and B with Team A winning 4-1 and Idowu scoring two goals in almost a similar fashion to his goal on his debut against Argentina. The goals were fierce left-footed shots.

Next up was Team B against Team C, a game won by Team C but the highlight was Chelsea defender Aina scoring with a powerful shot.
Team A and Team C met in the final practice match.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

source: ANS

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:20pm On May 25, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Nothing wrong in hoping. However, the Rohr statement you posted is about final selection, not training with the team.

He is not with the team... He goes on Instagram live everyday so if he was with the team, it would be obvious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:20pm On May 25, 2018
edi287:
I would to tender my unreserved apology to the members of this noble group. the OGs/elders of the group i.e Icon4s, Icon79, ChrisKels, Tbaba, Mujtahida, Joebie, Oasis, AIG07, daveP, Safarigirl, Terzrum, Goke7, Komekn, TheSuperNerd, Mickael2, TheGoodJoe, Forgiveness, etc and the rest of the silent readers association.
My behavior today was unacceptable and unfortunate. I let boredom mixed with anger get the better of me. I promise to try and never fall into a situation like this.

Good one bro but CaptainStephen go still frog-jump u while wiring ur unclad back with a dry hydra-head koboko in a scorching sun somewhere in Sokoto near Sahara desert grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:22pm On May 25, 2018
You have heard from the horse’ mouth o. Exactly what was in mind whe I said we should focus on camp updates.

tbaba1234:

My real regret is that people talk about players not on the list than those on the list. This is not fair as we have many interesting players on that team as well”,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:

He is not with the team... He goes on Instagram live everyday so if he was with the team, it would be obvious.

Thanks for the info. Either way, I wish the young Super star the best and hope he has a brilliant coming season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:22pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:

thanks...I appreciate.
good night and sleep well...

Thanks.. Goodnight!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:22pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:
NFF seems to be on course....
the only problem is the under 20 team....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:24pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
Moses Simon and Kelechi are ESTABLISHED members of the team. What they did? Apart from score goals?

No be one goal Idowu score na wetin make am dey the team now? Are you implying that Kayode has not been given an opportunity? Because that would be a lie.

What kind of opportunity should he be given again? Does he have four heads? How many opportunities was Nwakaeme given? If someone decides to bring him up too, will you support the person?

Abeg, let us stop supporting nonsense simply because........someone did not make the list, shiit happens. He is not better than those who did, quote me anywhere. He did not show any outstanding value to the team, which is woeful considering his position, but there are others who met a similar fate and there is NO reason, why anybody should drag members of the team just because he feels his man did not get a fair deal. Which is FALSE

Kelechi is not the cause of Kayode's misfortune, Kelechi no be coach. So, on what grounds should Kelechi be constantly insulted to argue Kayode's case? Why is Kelechi the target at all times?

PS: We cannot compare NT to club football. That too has been established here, so the Puel and Iheanacho comparison is lost in this argument.

Kayode has been given enough opportunities, even if he did not score, he never got rave reviews either, so, why should he be on any list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizhr-apU2o

Who stole the ball and gave Iheanacho a pass that led to the penalty? It was Kayode that gave that assist as a SS.

How come you didn't see that? Abeg take it easy with the false information just to drive home a point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2018
Joebie:
You have heard from the horse’ mouth o. Exactly what was in mind whe I said we should focus on camp updates.

he should know by now that we will start talking about those in camp after the Congo and England game...but for now...the last national match we watched was against athletico.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:24pm On May 25, 2018
I had taken your letter of appology to the elders upstairs. They said “get up my son and repeat it no more” who am I to say more?

edi287:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:32pm On May 25, 2018
safarigirl:
how many minutes did Idowu need to score a goal?

No be cameo Kelechi been dey use score for City that time?

If forgiveness wanted to argue sef, he for ask why Agbo dey list, we go understand. Forgiveness is called out because he does the SAME thing CONSTANTLY. You KNOW he will talk. He is PREDICTABLE like that, what do you now expect people to think?

As soon as that list came out, everyone knew who he would ask for. Can you say the same of others? Do you think there weren't people who frowned at Onyekuru's exclusion even if for biased reasons? Why did they not throw a tantrum and accuse Rohr of corrupt practices? Why should his excesses be condoned? Who else makes so much fuss about players selections?

Even if your man no dey, must you show yourself like that? Don't tell people not to give someone a tag when he carries it around his neck

Because Agbo actually did well this season and he has been consistent over the years. I remember, I was the first person that clamoured for his invitation to the national team when he I took notice of him at La Liga but I know what I was served that day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:38pm On May 25, 2018
Humility017:
How Super Eagles Team A, B & C Lined Up In Training; Aina & Idowu Score Beauties

Four players Wilfred Ndidi, Moses Simon, Odion Ighalo and William Troost-Ekong did not take part in Friday's practice match during the Super Eagles workout at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium as a result of fitness concerns and fatigue.
After the usual stretching and jogging exercises, Rohr split the squad into three groups for games on a reduced sized pitch.
Team A had goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, John Obi Mikel, Joel Obi, Brian Idowu, Abdullahi Shehu, Chidozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Oghenekaro Etebo.
The outfielders for Team B were Kelechi Iheanacho, Junior Lokosa, Ahmed Musa, Ola Aina, Stephen Eze, Tyronne Ebuehi and Uche Ugbo with Ikechukwu Ezenwa in goal.
Goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, John Ogu, Leon Balogun, Elderson Echiejile, Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo, Mikel Agu, Alex Iwobi and Eddy Onazi played for Team C.
The goalkeepers were largely moved around teams as the matches progressed and Plateau United's Dele Ajiboye later subbed in for Ezenwa.

The first match was between Team A and B with Team A winning 4-1 and Idowu scoring two goals in almost a similar fashion to his goal on his debut against Argentina. The goals were fierce left-footed shots.

Next up was Team B against Team C, a game won by Team C but the highlight was Chelsea defender Aina scoring with a powerful shot.
Team A and Team C met in the final practice match.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

source: ANS

This Team A na Ojoro

Ofcourse, they will win..

Mikel, Joel Obi and Etebo

Then Awaziem Omeruo Shehu Idowu defence

Na full team

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 11:40pm On May 25, 2018
tbaba1234:
” I have in my head 20 of the 23 players going to the World Cup in Russia. Only 25 players will travel to England. The final list will be after the game against England”,

Gernot Rohr

5 players to be dropped before they travel

My guess

Lokosa
Eze
Ajiboye
Agbo
Agu/Etebo
I can beat my chest and say the only thing that will make Etebo miss worldcup is injury. Quote me when the 23man list is out..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol isi aki write central igbo no dey use Owerri dialect(iwu instead of I bu) e dey do me somehow for body.

About obiora that u said Rohr should drop, please do you know how well he did for his club this past season? And has he reported to Uyo camp also to join his colleagues?

I be Owerri na ....Owerri wu Owerri

(1) (2) (3) ... (3688) (3689) (3690) (3691) (3692) (3693) (3694) ... (16371) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness, BascoVanVeli(m), daveP(m), jihday(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.