Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,696 members, 7,865,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11960857 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4012) (4013) (4014) (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) ... (16373) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
ChrisKels:

Money or no money, the championship is Etebo's standard. Let us not over rate these guys. Etebo is average at best so moving from lowly Feirense to stoke in the championship is a leap.

I doubt there were concrete offers from those bogus leagues being talked about.

I dont know why our players dont go to ligue1 though

Etebo played in la liga last season and was not out of place. Ofcourse, he can play on a higher level.

There are many average players that are not better than him in the big leagues. No one is saying, Barca or Real madrid or Man city are in for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:03am On Jun 12, 2018
make una forget agents and their hype. no right thinking player will snub an offer from the epl to join a championship side.and for those against etebo's move to stoke, is his parent club feirense better than stoke? from all i know joining stoke from feirense is a big leap for the lad and he should strive from the championship to the epl or to another major league in europe. i have so much belief that etebo wont flop in stoke

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:06am On Jun 12, 2018
andrew444:

If i give you list of players epl buy from championship you go run,no allow me mention abeg.

Where did man u buy winfred zaha from as at then?

Where did chelsea buy cahill from on a free transfer?

where did arsenal buy rob holding from?

If you need more please let me know so i will give you

zaha got promoted with Crystal palace before moving to Manchester United
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:06am On Jun 12, 2018
joel obi attracting interest from fc porto and benfica

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2018
did he play a single match for palace in the epl before he attracted man untd or was it base on his performance in the championship that got man untd interested? even our own victor moses joined wigan from a championship club then crystal palace
Martz101:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:09am On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

I could go on and on and on there are too many.

Burnley predominantly buy from the Championship check thier players.

Liverpool bought Gomez from where at age 18 straight into the first team.

Everton bought Ademola, Mason Holdgate, Calvert Lewis, etc etc,

Finally who is the most expensive left back.in English football Ryan Ssegnon 18 years old last summer Liverpool bid £30 million Fulham refused.

Where was Dele playing before he came to the EPL

Update your knowledge

most players gotten from the championship are always teenagers, brought in to continue there development

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:12am On Jun 12, 2018
meaning at the age of 22 etebo will be too old to attract an epl team if he performs well for stoke? nawaoooo
Martz101:

most players gotten from the championship are always teenagers, brought in to continue there development
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:13am On Jun 12, 2018
olapluto:

Seclusion for the last 10 days of Ramadan. You go to the mosque to pray and worship deeply for those last 10 days.
The strong faithed ones do it easily. Me I envy them and pray to reach that level.

I was not doing itikhaf. I was engaged in work project plus it is the last few days of Ramadhan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:15am On Jun 12, 2018
charlesemeka85:
oga you jsut too sentimental and tribalistic to my liking. even in world football today henry onyekuru is rated far higher than peter olayinka. with alldue respect olayinka is a decent player but he no where near onyekuru let alone samuel kalu. as kayode moved to man city,where is he now?

You are a big tribalist too. I am sorry to say that.

I am giving you stats and facts to buttress my points but all you could resort to is calling me sentimental and tribalist. Who those that?

Henry was rated far better because of what he did and not by what he didn't do. Get it?

Now, Peter Olayinka has done something and you think his ratings will still remain static?

It seems you are living in a fuuls paradise.

This was what most chaps here said then that Onyekuru is better than Simon Moses not to talk of Samuel Kalu but I have followed these enough to know who is better and not better.

Oga! Peter Olayinka is far better than Samuel Kalu based on stats that is currently on ground. Peter stats in his first season alone is better than Samuel Kalu stats for the past one and the half season. Besides that, Peter was one of the most important player in his club this past season. It was the reason he won his club best player of the month once or twice. He was even in the Belgium pro league under 23 team of the season.

Can that be said of Samuel who is not even an important player of Gent?

Yes! Samuel was voted the second young best player of the season because he was within the age brackket but Peter was not qualified because he was a year older.

Oga! Samuel is good but Peter is better. They played in the same league and we saw what they brought to their teams.

Besides, we know Gent don't sell players quickly. We know some big clubs came for Moses last season but Gent refused to sell.

Are you asking me where Kayode is? Stewpid question. Does it look like he went to an obscure club or lowly backwater league?

Is Everton better than Shakhtar Donetsk?

Dey deceive yaself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:18am On Jun 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Wolves are connected to one super agent I think Mendez. Anyways they get all these top players for low prices and they are mainly from Porto. There is this one guy that scores only beautiful goals and IMO he was the best championship player by miles. They also had a porto defender that made the team of the season if im not mistaken. A lot of grumblings are going on that wolves are not doing things the right way but no one can put their finger on exactly wat rule they are breaking.

yea i had about that, mendez is always associated with controversy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:19am On Jun 12, 2018
andrew444:

Nothing difficult in championship just that the games are many,Benitez bought Newcastle back immediately

I remember when west ham went down they where back in the Epl following season

aston villa should have don the same
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

Actually that's totally UNTRUE.

Dominic Father said when he is 23 he will make the decision.

However, last summer when he was 21 and he had tied up his move to Ipswich Town. He then made a commitment to Nigeria essentially two years earlier.

Since that time Rohr and the NFF have been playing him Maradona left right and center. He us now back to Wolves recovering from Injury you we may see him in the EPL this season.

I noticed that a double standard was created for Jordan Torunarigha and Akpoguma both these players were essentially not interested. Nonetheless, Rohr and the NFF kept courting them. Meanwhile Iorfa was forgotten not even tested with a friendly invitation.

WHY

I was in a hurry to type hence I didn't include the 23 year decision making thingie by his father

But it still stands that due to that, his chances have been nearly ruined. NFF have moved on to catch other birds. Moreover its not as if the guy is one extraordinarily gifted defender. Had his father accepted then, his son will be in the reckoning now

Yes...ebuehi's case was similar.....I guess that's life for you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2018
These players signing new deals upandan, I hope they will put in their all at the Mundial o, abi dem no strongly believe say dem go do well after the World Cup, and potentially get a very big deal? Just thinking
BascoVanVeli:
I am not overly excited about Etebo's Porter move. I feel it is a step lower having just played in La Liga. The physicality is also unnecessary at times in that league but if they are able to make a direct move back in the EPL it may be worth the trouble although I would like our players to start playing in good teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 12:27am On Jun 12, 2018
Danielnino00:
Our goalkeeping department is probably the most inexperienced heading to the world cup.. Our three goalkeepers don't have up to 20 caps between them.. though ezenwa has 24,only 4 were with the main team...

What will you then say about Argentina's three keepers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:30am On Jun 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think it is right to compare players situation. Each player is an individual and should be treated as such. Samuel is so young but yet has the doggedness and character to make it at the highest level. This is a boy who's dream of playing for Arsenal was shattered by no fault of his but yet he picked himself up and is now knocking on the door of a la liga first team. I just believe that with the talent he is showing and the club he is on we should start making room for him in the Super Eagles because it is not just his goals he shows strength and maturity on the ball.

Well, you are right but I insist, we should see him play at the highest level first before we invite him else it will be partial to ignore those doing well in a better league for him and besides this is Nigeria national team. We need to pick the best from the better leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Nedville:

What will you then say about Argentina's three keepers?

Romero's injury was unfortunate... but note that I said "probably"

Argentina goalkeeping issue plus injury to some of their key players is further proof that they mayn't make it out of d group stage.. Iceland should sha not do a Ramos on messi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I like Aluko but I don't think we are any close to Sheyi even though I also like him a lot.

Sheyi is interested. A little push will do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:33am On Jun 12, 2018
komekn:

These are essential U21 games not a comprehensive yardstick to measure progression.

So I would not be too quick to jump to conclusions of. TOO GOOD. There is a long way to go
someone has to start from somewhere before he becomes what u think.
It's a gradual process.
NO player becomes world class at once,but does not mean u can't spot a potential good talent from their youth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidexxy007(m): 12:35am On Jun 12, 2018
Martz101:

Nope, he was bought then sent back on loan to aid their promotion chase..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:35am On Jun 12, 2018
Martz101:

when i said a Sane was not good enough for Germany i meant he was not needed, someone said Noah bazee will make the german team if fit, do you underatand now??

For your mind Sane didn't make the German team because he is not good enough?

Is that why Sane didn't make the 23 man list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:36am On Jun 12, 2018
Gangster1ms:
grin

i believe brazil is the favourite, they have the best players and very good bench in all area of the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 12:42am On Jun 12, 2018
andrew444:

If i give you list of players epl buy from championship you go run,no allow me mention abeg.

Where did man u buy winfred zaha from as at then?

Where did chelsea buy cahill from on a free transfer?

where did arsenal buy rob holding from?

If you need more please let me know so i will give you
Cahill was a January signing from Bolton, Bolton was obviously still in the league then.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nedville: 12:43am On Jun 12, 2018
Danielnino00:

Romero's injury was unfortunate... but note that I said "probably"

Argentina goalkeeping issue plus injury to some of their key players is further proof that they mayn't make it out of d group stage.. Iceland should sha not do a Ramos on messi grin

Romero got injured, ikeme succumbed to leukaemia... Such is life....both sets of keepers are inexperienced on the international scene....although caballero is more exposed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:46am On Jun 12, 2018
forgiveness:

For your mind Sane didn't make the German team because he is not good enough?

Is that why Sane didn't make the 23 man list?

you can not comprehend what i mean even after explaining, you said bazee will make the german team when fit and i reminded you that Sane was not good enough to the coach.

wash your eyes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ManBeast: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2018
Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi watching Nigeria lift the world cup.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2018
charlesemeka85:
aluko's time is over in the super eagles. i am a big fan of his and one of the reasons was among those who almost cried when keshi wasnt given him enough chance to prove himself but as for now aluko is a washed player. the coaching crew is trying to rebuild the team with younger players so the inclusion of an ineffective 29 year old will be taking 10 steps backwards in the rebuilding process

Why is Aluko time over in the Super Eagles?

Oh! He is washed up!?

Do you mean a player nominated for Football league player of the year last year, I mean 2017, is washed up?

So, the coaching crew didn’t know by including 4 ineffective 29/30 years old players in the team will bring it back 100 steps backward in rebuilding the team? shocked

Sense no am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:48am On Jun 12, 2018
Martz101:

you can not comprehend what i mean even after explaining, you said bazee will make the german team when fit and i reminded you that Sane was not good enough to the coach.

wash your eyes

Why was Sane dropped?

Stop stori.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:48am On Jun 12, 2018
chidexxy007:

Nope, he was bought then sent back on loan to aid their promotion chase..

yea but he join the Manchester United team after getting promotion with Crystal palace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:49am On Jun 12, 2018
charlesemeka85:
meaning at the age of 22 etebo will be too old to attract an epl team if he performs well for stoke? nawaoooo

not like it don't happen but is not frequent, only the very outstanding ones get to move like that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:50am On Jun 12, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol where Im from, we dont give sugar in exchange for salt. We dont give out the next cheek to get a second round of slap just for Peace to reign, rather we throw double Mike Tyson kinda punches for every slap.

Dude u come here to talk rubbish with ur conspiracy theory and how the Anglo Nigerians are maginalised and u xpct us all to let it roll so that we dont look rude?

Im not that kinda man, I give as much as I get without reservations. If e pain u, u turn a new(better) live.
what happens to what the Lord Jesus says about vindictiveness? If someone slaps u, turn the other check.
Do u think he was wrong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:51am On Jun 12, 2018
Kai argue with points na

charlesemeka85:
oga you jsut too sentimental and tribalistic to my liking. even in world football today henry onyekuru is rated far higher than peter olayinka. with alldue respect olayinka is a decent player but he no where near onyekuru let alone samuel kalu. as kayode moved to man city,where is he now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:57am On Jun 12, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Alaba did not have the clout in the U17 to attract such exception.

Dey deceive yaself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4012) (4013) (4014) (4015) (4016) (4017) (4018) ... (16373) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Posh(m), shawwal1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.