Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,249 members, 7,849,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11861235 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4168) (4169) (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) ... (16249) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2018
Just imagine the lengths to which some people are willing to go to utter lies about a young kid that just made history for himself through hardwork and dedication to improving his God-given talents... Imagine the foolery

If not for Madam Dominique spotting that thread early and closing it down, you would have seen all manners of idiots flooding in to spill first class ignorance about a genuine young talent.

It is no longer funny what most Nigerians are subjecting these boys in Russia to. It shows that we only have a few sane people who know, understand and care. The rest are vagabonds and sons of leviathan.

https://www.nairaland.com/4570100/19-year-old-super-eagles-goalkeeper#68620957

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2018
Certitude:

Simon never kept Iwobi rooted on the bench.
Who kept Iwobi on the bench last year?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2018
komekn:

It is easy to get them 100%.

These players do not need the SE to further thier careers, they found it for love if the Fatherland.

However, not with this insincere approach from the NFF, we will not attract them.

Unfortunately officials are looking to make corrupt deals under the table and slaughter excellence and enthrone mediocrity, for thier personal gain.

I disagree. Hardly will any foreign born player who is established in a top league agree to play for Nigeria no matter how the NFF is being run.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daudae1: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2018
iam droping the best line up against iceland now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Then this was my next comment after Andrew444 quoted me stressing the simple fact that we cannot get all the foreign-borns.

I relplied and said we must try. We may not get all but we must try. I was among the first to say so long long ago before even that idiotic Komekn showed up here to begin his actual bigoted campaign. Rubbish!

I also went on to say we must do that ALONGSIDE bringing in even those quality ones that are not foreign-borns but are also based abroad (this is where the likes of Olayinka, Kalu, Bonaventure, Ajagun etc falls into) and good fringe players (this is where others like Kayode, Esiti etc falls into).

Or does someone refuses to understand the meaning of "ALONGSIDE"?? What sort of selective silly reasoning is this as displayed by this idiot of a man called Komekn? Lord! Mister, you really picked on the wrong moniker today. Better back off else you will be soooo in for it.

If you notice I don't use abusive words NEVER EVER, not once.

It is sad reflection when a person has to descend to gutter language to make his point, a reflection of where they are from.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daudae1: 11:39am On Jun 19, 2018
uzoho balogun ekong ebuehi idowu Ndidi Mikel iwobi musa moses Ighalo musa nd moses wide iwobi behind ighalo mikel and ndidi middefence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Just imagine the lengths to which some people are willing to go to utter lies about a young kid that just made history for himself through hardwork and dedication to improving his God-given talents... Imagine the foolery

If not for Madam Dominique spotting that thread early and closing it down, you would have seen all manners of idiots flooding in to spill first class ignorance about a genuine young talent.

It is no longer funny what most Nigerians are subjecting these boys in Russia to. It shows that we only have a few sane people who understand and care .

https://www.nairaland.com/4570100/19-year-old-super-eagles-goalkeeper#68620957
I was served this reality cold and tasteless in 2014 when I just joined Nairaland

The fabric of the mentality of our society is smeared in putty. Who do us this thing undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2018
wayodude:

I disagree. Hardly will any foreign born player who is established in a top league agree to play for Nigeria no matter how the NFF is being run.

I'll say it to you with 100% conviction. That is not true.

The problem is our manner of approach or should l say lack of official sincerity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2018
komekn:

If you notice I don't use abusive words NEVER EVER, not once.

It is sad reflection when a person has to descend to gutter language to make his point, a reflection of where they are from.

Look at this dollopheaded liar...

Shut up! And get your lying smelling neandearthalic double-faced nonsense out of my mention you PR**K.. Rubbish! I am doing the thread the honor of describing your low level reasoning, two-faced pretense mixed with the odour of your 1000% bias against everything Nigerian-born.... And laying it all bare for them to see... You are nothing but a bigoted coward always twisting things to favor only your beloved borough club.

I speak for both Nigerians born abroad and born in Nigeria but doing their thing abroad. But you castigate and rubbish every Naija-born talent that are not foreign-borns and only look to hype up and tell good tales of the foreign-borns. What exactly does that make you, Dollophead? What?!

Trying to paint me as one who discriminate against Foreign borns. You really are st*pid. Very very in fact because you refused to understand a convo.

Get out mister... And let me see road clearly abeg. You are a joke and always have been. So long...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 11:45am On Jun 19, 2018
goldfish80:
Nobody.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:46am On Jun 19, 2018
A news coming from camp claims that Mikel has been spending extra time doing some personal training.

The boys are not happy with their recent performances and are willing to turn things around. Starting with their next match against Iceland. I hope we are lucky this time around.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2018
It would have been better if the players and coach remained silent after that loss. Keep us in the dark only to return to reply fans on the pitch. I’m tired of updates from camp. I just wanna see an upgrade on the pitch.

AIG07:
A news coming from camp claims that Mikel has been spending extra time doing some personal training.

The boys are not happy with their recent performances and are willing to turn things around. Starting with their next match against Iceland. I hope we are lucky this time around.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:56am On Jun 19, 2018
Joebie:
How do u solve a problem like resolute, physical, passionate, mentally strong, and united Iceland? This game will be action from start to finish. It will be a tougher test than Croatia.

The belief these guys have is phenomenonal.

It will take close to a miracle for us to beat them. They have beaten the best in competitive matches.

They are tall and physical with lots of stamina and prepared to work, work and keep working them no deh tire.

We will need to use all our subs to match thier stamina and our players with pace will have to go ALL OUT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2018
komekn:

I have not seen much of Simi so I am hard pressed to believe he is better than Ighalo.

He is very tall and that's about it.

Also he came on for barely 8 minutes so it's difficult to make a judgement.
any reasonable striker should be better than ighalo for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2018
goldfish80:

Exactly. Thank goodness people are seeing the dynamism he brings to the team.
A peak Simon had Iwobi rooted to the bench in the qualifiers which didn't go down well with some.
Took me a while to appreciate his importance. I can see what he adds to the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
Remember when a resolute and mentally driven Iran almost beat and drawed with Argentina in 2014 but got blanked out 3-1 by Bosnia? I am hoping the same happens this year with us and Iceland. What happened was Iran went in thinking they could beat Bosnia and relaxed their defensive prowess but the Bosnians took advantage of their lax defense and put 3 in. I'm hoping a similar thing happens on Friday.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Look at this dollopheaded liar...

Shut up! And get your lying smelling neandearthalic double-faced nonsense out of my mention you PR**K.. Rubbish! I am doing the thread the honor of describing your low level reasoning, two-faced pretense mixed with the odour of your 1000% bias against everything Nigerian-born.... And laying it all bare for them to see... You are nothing but a bigoted coward always twisting things to favor only your beloved borough club.

I speak for both Nigerians born abroad and born in Nigeria but doing their thing abroad. But you castigate and rubbish every Naija-born talent that are not foreign-borns and only look to hype up and tell good tales of the foreign-borns. What exactly does that make you, Dollophead? What?!

Trying to paint me as one who discriminate against Foreign borns. You really are st*pid. Very very in fact because you refused to understand a convo.

Get out mister... And let me see road clearly abeg. You are a joke and always have been. So long...

I don't normally engage with uncouth fellows like you certainly not in reality.

Before anybody knew about Etebo I had already sat in the hot sun in Warri stadium to watch him, pushing his attributes even before he knew it. When MBA was at Warri Wolves he before got entangled with the politics of Nigerian I was pushing his attributes before a EPL club. That's all I will say about that. And in case you assume wrongly I am not an agent, have interests I football yes but agent NO.

But if course your youthful exuberance doesn't allow you to see. You have been banned before because of your conduct.

If someone doesn't agree with you it's not an excuse for abuse and insult.

Countless times you have taken exception to Nigerian players in the extreme negative because they were not born in Nigeria.

I have always had a level playing field of objectivity based on quantifiable measurement of performance.

That you find difficult to comprehend, you argue with conceitedness based on personal conviction not knowledge.

You used Nwakali and Osimhen as bench marks in the accusation of hatred towards Nigerian players and bias towards Nigerian players born in the UK by me.

But it's totally without substance.

It's as if you are jealous of these boys born in the UK but Nigerian all the same why. I am at loss to understand.

So I would ask you to humble apologise or I will not engage you with you again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
komekn:

[s]I don't normally engage with uncouth fellows like you certainly not in reality.

Before anybody knew about Etebo I had already sat in the hot sun in Warri stadium to watch him, pushing his attributes even before he knew it. When May before got entangled with the politics of Nigerian I was pushing his attributes before a EPL club.

But if course your youthful exuberance doesn't allow you to see. You have been banned before because if your conduct which.

If someone doesn't agree with you it's not an excuse for abuse and insult.

Countless times you have taken exception to Nigerian players in the extreme negative because they were not born in Nigeria.

I have always had a level playing field of objectivity based on quantifiable measurement of performance.

That you find difficult to comprehend, you argue with conceitedness based in personal conviction not knowledge.

You used Nwakali and Osimhen as bench marks in the accusation of hatred towards Nigerian players and bias towards Nigerian players born in the UK.

But it's totally without substance.

It's as if you are jealous of these boys born in the UK but Nigerian all the same why. I am at loss to understand.

So I would ask you to humble apologise or I will not engage you with you again.[/s]

Ehhhhh... Sorry dollopheaded one. I didn't even bother reading all those crap you wrote up there. Got not the time for liars and bigoted idiots like yourself. So long sucker...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
Iceland Coach: Nigeria Game Is Like World Cup Final But We Can Beat Them
June 19, 2018 9:57 am

Iceland assistant coach Helgi Kolviðsson says the game against Nigeria will be difficult but that his team is capable of securing a win against the Super Eagles in Friday’s Group D fixture at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.

The debutants held two-time winners Argentina to a 1-1 draw in their first game on Saturday at the Spartak Stadium.
They will be up against the Super Eagles on Friday at the Volgograd Arena in their second ever game in the competition.

“We can win everyone. It’s just that way. We always believe in ourselves no matter who the opponent is. We are not going to underestimate Nigeria,” Kolviðsson stated in an interview with Visir.is.

“We know their team is extremely strong. They will also want to win as well so it will be a tricky game. It will be like a World Cup final.”

Iceland got a first hand of what to expect against the Super Eagles in their 2-2 draw against Ghana prior to the competition.

“In the friendly game against Ghana we saw a lot of things similar to Nigeria. What we know is that the players are extremely quick and good at counter attacks,” he added.

” It could therefore be much more dangerous if we lose the ball against them. The types of players, they go a lot on one on one and sometimes its hard to figure them out.”

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iceland-assistant-coach-nigerian-game-is-a-world-cup-final-but-we-can-beat-them/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Iceland Coach: Nigeria Game Is Like World Cup Final But We Can Beat Them
June 19, 2018 9:57 am

Iceland assistant coach Helgi Kolviðsson says the game against Nigeria will be difficult but that his team is capable of securing a win against the Super Eagles in Friday’s Group D fixture at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, reports Completesportsnigeria. com.

The debutants held two-time winners Argentina to a 1-1 draw in their first game on Saturday at the Spartak Stadium.
They will be up against the Super Eagles on Friday at the Volgograd Arena in their second ever game in the competition.

“We can win everyone. It’s just that way. We always believe in ourselves no matter who the opponent is. We are not going to underestimate Nigeria,” Kolviðsson stated in an interview with Visir.is.

“We know their team is extremely strong. They will also want to win as well so it will be a tricky game. It will be like a World Cup final.”

Iceland got a first hand of what to expect against the Super Eagles in their 2-2 draw against Ghana prior to the competition.

“In the friendly game against Ghana we saw a lot of things similar to Nigeria. What we know is that the players are extremely quick and good at counter attacks,” he added.

” It could therefore be much more dangerous if we lose the ball against them. The types of players, they go a lot on one on one and sometimes its hard to figure them out.”

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iceland-assistant-coach-nigerian-game-is-a-world-cup-final-but-we-can-beat-them/

Very excited

It's going to be an all or nothing game.

Bring it On.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2018
goldfish80:

iwobi was injured

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Truidstar:

Bros abeg no make me vex, feed Ighalo ko? Ighalo should stop parading himself as a striker. Lukaku, Aguero and Harry Kane are his mates. They have all scored. The last time he scored was against Cameroon!!!!. Please anybody but Ighalo.

Dude you are being highly unfair.

Come on Ighalo is not a world class striker those players you mentioned are.

They are not his mates in football terms at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
raindodger13:
I suggest we use this formation for the 3-5-2. It slightly similar to the formation The Good Joe suggested a few weeks ago but I modified it a little. I put Balogun in the middle because he seems to struggle against players with pace. Iheanacho is on the left because I noticed he likes to shoot with his left foot, but he and Moses can switch positions if its most suitible for the team.

Solid line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
raindodger13:
I suggest we use this formation for the 3-5-2. It slightly similar to the formation The Good Joe suggested a few weeks ago but I modified it a little. I put Balogun in the middle because he seems to struggle against players with pace. Iheanacho is on the left because I noticed he likes to shoot with his left foot, but he and Moses can switch positions if its most suitible for the team.
NVM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
Andrew444, i was expecting to see raction frim you after seing the brazil line up, we had a very lengthy argument on it or have you forgotten so soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
Humility017:

any reasonable striker should be better than ighalo for now
A thousand blessings on you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

U are missing the point. The CB gets more space and more time to pick out a pass. If players are being marked tight the best option is play it to your CB and continue building. We did a good job at maintaining possession and building from the back, Leon didn't make that many long passes either. At this point I feel the coach will try to accommodate Etebo after his display.
We have been beaten by corner kicks in the last 3 matches so I can't accept that we should not emphasis on corner kicks. This is the time for our players to knuckle down and fix this issue. Not only have we not been able to defend them but at the same token we can't utilize them. Even the commentator said we had the size to be able to cause problems but yet we look like a bunch of midgets out there. The problem is that they think a set piece is the time to rest and relax. We have had so many nice balls come in the box but people want to blame ViMo and I'm like should he walk the ball and place it on their heads? Set pieces to me will decide our tournament so we have to dwell on the te te.

Bros tell me the Nigerian boss of passes Mikel Obi would not move in ways to create and find spaces to complete forward passes ??

Watch the match again, Etebo was very indecisive in the early stages of the game. Maybe because of nerves from him or because he isn't use to the role, or because his team mates where not used to him in that role. Although after Iwobi and Mikel left the field he became more decisive going forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
AIG07:

it's the comments online from Nigerians that is making them unhappy, make them no bobo us, na today dem dey beat naija for football? even here in Nigeria, we have been beaten so what? abegi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
komekn:

Dude you are being highly unfair.

Come on Ighalo is not a world class striker those players you mentioned are.

They are not his mates in football terms at all.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2018
We beat Iceland and beat Argentina...then I woke up.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2018
olapluto:
We beat Iceland and beat Argentina...then I woke up.

pls take it easy o, na so the thing dey start o grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Martz101:

iwobi wss injured
Really? An injured Iwobi was on the bench against Cameroun, home and away, then he limped to the pitch with the injury and scored against Zambia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4168) (4169) (4170) (4171) (4172) (4173) (4174) ... (16249) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Pidginwhisper, damirosky60, Truidstarr, Hanibal(m), shawwal1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.