Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11643853 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

guy I dy on leave cheesy
where make I come join u cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Fantastic addition. Precise and accurate.

Why wont you say this when we know the player he is praising.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

The team's reputation is more important than a striker's reputation.

Gerrit?

Musa was in the best position to score and he scored. There was no guarantee Iheanacho will score except you think Musa is not good enough. Finito

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
krattoss:
where make I come join u cheesy

till when super chickens lose on tuesday or anoda day

the mouth making is too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Dannyxy:
This Argentines with their poor, team, are still feeling so arrogant ... How I wish we could give them a lesson on humility, by thrashing them well, so they can go and start from the drawing board again.. They need to, they have a bad ""team "

Ah swear, this Argentine team don't deserve to beat Nigeria.. E go pain me

Imagine an argentine saying they would beat us 4-0, and asking if there is television in Nigeria.. According to Charles anazodo...

Biting my fingers angry e dey do me like say make I dey that pitch, I go break their legs, and I no go collect card, especially the most arrogant of them all, that aguero, for him mind, he will score a hatrick... Messi too, he wan use Nigeria make statement ...
You are quite harsh there,but really you sounded quite funnygrin
But really our Super Eagles will put up a good fight.
They are professionals.We just need to get the right tactics. These days,it is tactics that wins games not names.
With compactness and focus both in defense and in attack, we can beat the argentines.
Aguero scored first before we beat them 4-2 in friendly. With their previous group matches, though they seem more determined, but I think we will trump them, though it is going to be a tough one;
If their attack doesn't defend with compactness, we will beat their defense and break the jinx of the Argentines over us in World Cup.
I strongly believe we won't draw nor lose to them,but we shall win.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by brandable: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Guys, Nigeria started with 4-2-3-1 and ended with 3-5-2. They talked about it on SuperSport studios this morning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Why wont you say this when we know the player he is praising.

He took his time to break down why he felt Nacho was good. I also noticed re same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

but on anoda note, why u hate naija like this?
Wetin naija do u?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
shogz89:
Argentina players 'will decide team' for World Cup clash with Nigeria as camp descends into anarchy with boss Jorge Sampaoli stripped of power

Giusti said: 'The players will decide the team, that's a fact. If Sampaoli wants to sit in the bench, he can do it. If not, no problem.'
Sampaoli was reported to be in talks with Argentine FA president Claudio Tapia late on Saturday night but looked like keeping his job, though having to take account of the players' concerns.

Messi and Javier Mascherano, as the senior players, would be most likely to be consulted to revive the campaign, with Argentina needing a win over Nigeria to take second place in the group, assuming that Iceland don't beat Croatia and better Argentina's goal difference.

wwwdotdailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5878183/amp/Argentina-players-decide-team-World-Cup-clash-Nigeria-camp-descends-anarchy.html

I hope this is not an act of deception?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

Gherrara hia!!!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
I'm watching Colombia vs Poland and from what I see, Colombia should have nothing less than 30 - 40k fans inside the stadium.
Peru is reported to have as much as 40k fans in Russia.
How do these South Americans do this? It's not as if Peru and Colombia are competing for the world cup.
How can one continent be this football mad?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
You are taking things personal. I am just trying to tell you that none of our strikers have been spectacular. The Musa you are clamouring for was not before Iceland game. After Iceland game everyone started calling for Musa and Iwobi. Take a chill pill and be cultured when addressing people cos you lack manners.
safarigirl:
TRASH

Who is clamoirong for Iheanacho? The problem with you people is that you always assume that because we don't want a certain player, it automatically means we want Iheanacho. Did I not say this morning that we should play Musa and Iwobi? Can you make an opinion without bringing in your nonsense pettiness?

We are clamouring for anybody but Ighalo, because Ighalo brings bad luck to the WHOLE team. Nobody cares about chances that never get into the net.

The same Ighalo that has offered nothing to the national team in almost a year, is who you people are shamelessly clamourong for. Emphasis on SHAMELESSLY, because, if you have small shame, you will not mention Ighalo here.

The last time Ighalo scored for us is last year August. In many other countries, a forward with such an abysmal record would not even be at the World Cup, but here we are managing Ighalo and you are still yarning rubbish about aerial threat and hold up play.

May God deliver you people from the spirit of losing, because it is only someone who likes losing thay will still be mentioning Ighalo to start for us at this point.

I once said here that Ighalo is a good player, his only problem is that he is unlucky. You think football is solely about talent and technique, it is NOT. That is why Ighalo must be on that bench, whether it is for Kelechi or Musa or Iwobi.

No go Twitter yarn this kain trash before dem use swear destroy your destiny. It is only on Nairaland that you can mention Ighalo like this, even at that, only on this thread. Don't mention that name in the presence of football-loving Nigerians who want to win

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
Lewandoski plays like Ighalo when playing for Poland so immobile. Compare him with Falcao in this game.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
krattoss:
but on anoda note, why u hate naija like this?
Wetin naija do u?

nutin sha
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Gherrara hia!!!

u re noticed grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
ChrisKels:
If u know.., u know grin

From Iceland's coach;

“Where we met Mikel was contrary to our preparation and all our attempts to change did not work. He was all over the place both back and front. I commend him and the entire Nigerian team. They were better."

If our tactics wasn't leaked to the Croats, we would have surprised them.

Like i said, Rohr has a plan to confuse our opponent. Iceland never saw it coming.. See dem coach confess. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

nutin sha
grin
why the hate naa??
U been complain of job, I understand the country can frustrate one to wishing her bad. we can help u with one.. Just be nice here u will see wonders..

We re one big family here.. No underate us oo..
If u were following us from the qualifiers, u would notice a moniker that gave tastimony of how icon or so sent his son a package without strings attached..

Just be nice OK?? I go find something for u wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JSMMUYIWA(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
fabyom:
You are taking things personal. I am just trying to tell you that none of our strikers have been spectacular. The Musa you are clamouring for was not before Iceland game. After Iceland game everyone started calling for Musa and Iwobi. Take a chill pill and be cultured when addressing people cos you lack manners.
Don't take it personal too.
Everyone knows we don't have a Ronaldo in our team,neither Germany in 2014,but they went on to win the World Cup.
We don't have to see the odds.
It's best to bring out the best things out,even with limited resources,but this could be done by basing things on merit.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
fabyom:
when did you try Musa before Iceland?

How many times did you use Kelechi before Iceland?

The rest of us arw just trying to say that Ighalo has been on that pitch more than any other striker for us this year and has done nothing. Common sense says that you should make sure his two legs don't see the pitch for a long time.

The last time we had a performance as good as what we saw against Iceland in the second half was last year against Argentina, and Ighalo was not on the pitch.

Does that not tell you something?

Like I said, it is only on this thread that you will suggest Ighalo play and not get lynched. Only here, anywhere else and you no go even fit log in to tell anybody whether they are uncultured or not

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

u re noticed grin

While you are not.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

According to my master algorithm, which is still under study, Nigeria will defeat Iceland. You can get odds at 3.05.

Do not gamble!
According to my master algorithm, which is still under study, the Poland vs Columbia game will end with less than 3 goals. You can get odds at 1.70.

This is just an experiment. Do not gamble!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
safarigirl:
which Argentine wants to man mark Musa?

If they mark Musa, they cannot mark Kelechi. Somebody is telling you that Argentina defense and midfield is rubbish and you are saying they will man mark Musa, how? Is it the forwards that will mark him? Have you ever seen Musa being marked successfully?

Please take this your Ighalo talk to a British forum. You guys will just come out of nowhere and be wishing the team bad luck with your poorly thought-out suggestions

I saw Ahmed Musa tamed by France on two occasions. In the U20 World Cup and in the last World cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Head to Head Rule - Chikena!

I hope our coach knows the rules well before we play that match else we suffer the same faith we missed the AFCON tournament under Siasia who didn’t know a win was a enough to qualify us but chased the 3rd goal that led us to conceed a that drew the match.

Make dem go check well ooooooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
Poland playing with zero quality. This is a team ranked 9th by FIFA and seeded in pot 1 for this tournament.
Quite a shame.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
I am not opposed to that but this guy one way or the other contributed to our qualification so he deserves some respect. He is neither my brother or relative but he is my country man we should learn to support and encourage our players not bring him done attitude.
JSMMUYIWA:

Don't take it personal too.
Everyone knows we don't have a Ronaldo in our team,neither Germany in 2014,but they went on to win the World Cup.
We don't have to see the odds.
It's best to bring out the best things out,even with limited resources,but this could be done by basing things on merit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
krattoss:
why the hate naa??
U been complain of job, I understand the country can frustrate one to wishing her bad. we can help u with one.. Just be nice here u will see wonders..

We re one big family here.. No underate us oo..
If u were following us from the qualifiers, u would notice a moniker that gave tastimony of how icon or so sent his son a package without strings attached..

Just be nice OK?? I go find something for u wink

wetin be d tin name? man must survive grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
We can beat Argentina with only one technique

"No room for space" those players got mad on target shot.

Nigerian Team usually leave alot of space no tracking of runners i.e that was what lead to Ndidi taking down an iceland player, i think he wasn't book sad

Who else notice iceland were able to block our shots, outside the 18 yard box
Even the goal aguero scored against iceland team, because he was damn fit other player won't have scored from such a tight angle.

We just need to play a more choke game and avoid giving unnecessary fouls most especially the right hand side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
fabyom:
I am not opposed to that but this guy one way or the other contributed to our qualification so he deserves some respect. He is neither my brother or relative but he is my country man we should learn to support and encourage our players not bring him done attitude.
go and tell this to Ola Aina and Mikel Agu who are currently watching the World Cup from home after contributing one way or another.

Please, give us another line. Nobody deserves respect for anything, you perform you get praised, you don't, you get dragged

Even the great Messi is constantly dragged by Argentines for performing below par, you dey here dey find respect for Ighalo. Who be Ighalo? How many goals e score?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Neimar:

wetin be d tin name? man must survive grin
just be nice.. I ill surprise u. It's a promise..

And also jump ship to us eagularians.

And watch cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
One of the biggest detractor to a team can be the captain, coaches refuse to remove them even if they are woeful. Lewandoski is an example.

The ref is biased towards Columbia by the way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
princfred:
Ihenacho atleast ensures the team has 10 players against 10 unlike with Ighalo were his wrong positioning and minimal participation, makes it 9 vs 10 in-field players.

Mikels back passes were for co-ordination purpose when there was no clean path forward. Somehow you were blind during the numerous moments he spread long balls forward. Also he makes/ made more accurate forward pocket passes than Etebo from the same position. And a better supporter of playmates and anchor play dictator than Ogu.

You mean Ighalo didn't defend, attack, pass etc but just stood like iroko tree? shocked

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
I said this back in April but you all laughed at me and shot the statement down. I'll say it again:

POLAND DOES NOT MERIT THEIR HIGH FIFA RANKING!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ajd19, mkrest(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.