Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,957 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944211 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4399) (4400) (4401) (4402) (4403) (4404) (4405) ... (16355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
KevinDein:
You can't win the World Cup with set pieces.

You cant win the World Cup WITHOUT set-pieces.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2018
daveP:

Lol.

I think the loff for partying and women makes the waist of most African footballers to need healing time which kills their effectiveness. as the street saying goes, "who no like better thing?"

Funny enough they are asking themselves the questions they should ask themselves for failing to win top glory cos of a few wayward lifestyles.

The last footballer to succeed with such a lifestyle was Ronaldinho. But it's caught up with him.

And then, the age too.

Can we get there?

Surely.

Pray for Success(For the team and as well as Isaac Success too) grin

Love for partying is not just an African thing. Every single player runs the risk of falling into an unhealthy lifestyle. Jack Wilshire and that keeper who got caught smoking in the shower at Arsenal are European players.
There is also the story of Hazard going out drinking and scoring a hat trick in his last match in France. Most of our players are very professional but they should be allowed to unwind. Outside of Isaac Success and Iwobi I don't see any red flags being waved and I am sure those two have learned their lesson.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2018
grin

Glad Truth is gradually prevailing on our darling Thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2018
Triniti:
For Africa to make an impact, they need to develop mental strength needed for the modern game, players that gases up after 70minutes in a match will never achieve anything in the World Cup
hahaha. Spot on!
Na better truth you talk. But some folks here no go gree with you.

If you ain't grinding 90Mins of footie week in week out, there is no way you ll stand a chance against the big guns in a tournament like the world cup. Even with the best of tactics and talents, you ll struggle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

Colonial masters.. That's why...

So why don't the French speaking former colonies of France hate the French. But rather the opposite they want to play for France first so many of them.

Why do some people HATE England so much as has been expressed by some here.

I am at loss to understand ❓ ❓ ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2018
safarigirl:
i see am o. Haters everywhere, how dem for succeed?

I can now resume on this thread. I couldn't stand the fact that England was still in the tournament. Thank God dem no win, those their pundits and the British press no for gree the whole world hear word for the next thirty years if say dem mistakenly win.

BTW, I can't access my NL email address, the yahoomail no dey work at all. My gmail address is on my profile though

Why do you HATE them so much.

And you are the one that denies you have unbridled irrational emotive prejudiced bias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2018
ChrisKels:

But I didn't say he was the only one, I only said he would be my first pick. So I still dont understand you

It would be more beneficial if you could give some firm of reason as to why.

First in itself implies the best. So why ❓ ❓ ❓

Do you understand my position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2018
DrLikita12:
Brexit everywhere.
Although I don't get the hate on the other thread. Croatia had 7 shots on target in comparison to England's 2, imo they were the better side.

After the second half England froze became they complacent. They had Croatia on the ropes in the first half. Then they lost composure focus and resorted to historical tendencies KICK and RUSH.

Southgate had the opportunity to reinvigorate the team with the right substitutions but he chose safety and conservatism instead.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Joebie:
England just lost to Croatia... how far?

GUTTED !!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Mickael2:

it's not that Africans gas after 70 minutes, it's just that around that time other well grounded coaches start making tactical changes while our own coaches will just stay there and be watching and we get dusted.
Why you de underrate the importance of playing time. Yesterday the only tactical switch Dalic made in 90mins was switching from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 formation in the second half. There first sub was made at the 95th minutes and don't forget they played against an athletic English team. Do you think the Croats would have stand any chance if their players are 70minutes players? Think about this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2018
I don't even get d notion when ppu say england had an easy ride to semifinals... D question is aw?

D group dey were,if we were in such group,we wouldn't even qualify in d 1st instance, dey faced Colombia, a top south American team,dey were defeated too via penalties, if not for d late equaliser, dey could av wrapped it up after 90mins
Going further dey faced a dauntless Swedish team who defeated a decent swiss team, qualified from a difficult group WC comprises mexico,Germany and s.korea

Looking critically at d opposition england faced at d worldcup,WC team can we beat conveniently aside panama cheesy grin,panama sef no sure,if dem buckle up grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2018
komekn:

So why don't the French speaking former colonies of France hate the French. But rather the opposite they want to play for France first so many of them.Why do some people HATE England so much as has been expressed by some here.

I am at loss to understand ❓ ❓ ❓

Oga this is past naïve, u may be trying to fool us. Even without going into words like assimilation and imperialism, our players can't even get work permits there. Why wouldn't you support a country that u are technically a few details from being a citizen of, England offers us nothing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2018
Mickael2:

it's not that Africans gas after 70 minutes, it's just that around that time other well grounded coaches start making tactical changes while our own coaches will just stay there and be watching and we get dusted.
Its not just about tactical changes, these African players can’t exceed 70 minutes of football without losing concentration. lagging behind and walking around the pitch like funani herdsmen, you need full mental strength to win in the World Cup, after that, tactics and self belief with talent comes next
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2018
komekn:

It would be more beneficial if you could give some firm of reason as to why.

First in itself implies the best. So why ❓ ❓ ❓

Do you understand my position.

He plays in a position( the AM) Eagles need urgent attention and he has been out standing in it and in the league considering the minutes he has played and the MOTM awards he has won.

Are u okay now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:56am On Jul 12, 2018
elyte89:
I don't even get d notion when ppu say england had an easy ride to semifinals... D question is aw?

D group dey were,if we were in such group,we wouldn't even qualify in d 1st instance, dey faced Colombia, a top south American team,dey were defeated too via penalties, if not for d late equaliser, dey could av wrapped it up after 90mins
Going further dey faced a dauntless Swedish team who defeated a decent swiss team, qualified from a difficult group WC comprises mexico,Germany and s.korea

Looking critically at d opposition england faced at d worldcup,WC team can we beat conveniently aside panama cheesy grin,panama sef no sure,if dem buckle up grin

The only team we beat was a team that was better than both Tunisia and Panama so how are you 100% that we would not qualify?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The only team we beat was a team that was better than both Tunisia and Panama so how are you 100% that we would not qualify?

D question is can we defeat dis England and Belgium team?cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
KevinDein:
You can't win the World Cup with set pieces.
you can o mr; so far this world cup is a case study.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
komekn:

And you are the one that denies you have unbridled irrational emotive prejudiced bias.

I hope you slept well last night ?

As far as I am concerned I don't see you as a Nigerian because you only speak good about English born players,well if you didn't drink hypo or detol last night I am happy for you because your contributions is always needed or this thread even if you are always bias .

You even said England midfielders are better than rakitic and Modric,that is the biggest joke I have heard this 2018.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
daveP:
He will take home an individual award no doubt. He just looks up with those his round eyes and in split seconds, he's analyzed the opponents' defence and swish.... he talks a cross or a long aerial pass that turns things around.

But, he has Griezmann to contend with.

This world cup has been less of individual brilliance and more of team fluency and cohesion.

Pogba and Mbappe

Modric and Subasic and Rakitic

Harry Kane And Alli

De Bruyne

These should scoop em all up.

Modric is a better player than rakitic we all know

But as far as this World Cup is concerned rakitic and subasic has been Croatia best player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
andrew444:

Modric is a better player than rakitic we all know

But as far as this World Cup is concerned rakitic and subasic has been Croatia best player.

Dts ur personal view cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
tbaba1234:
The last tournament of Croatia's golden generation. Can they cap it with a win?

Many of these players will not be here in 4 years time. It is now or never.

Many will still be there.

Rakitic will be 34 then I think he will be the new captain after Madrid,loveren will be there,vrsjalko will be there,rebic brozovic kovacic kramaric,these guys are not more than 26
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
Triniti:
Its not just about tactical changes, these African players can’t exceed 70 minutes of football without losing concentration. lagging behind and walking around the pitch like funani herdsmen, you need full mental strength to win in the World Cup, after that, tactics and self belief comes next
agility coupled with tenacity. How can the players get these? By playing constantly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
Gent and Nac Breda want Chidi Nwakali on a permanent deal from Mancity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
I came here yesterday to read comments after I heard England was leading with a goal and continued to check after England dominated Croatia and lost the chances to increase the lead to 2 or 3 nut within 35 minutes, but nobody made one comment. It was until after it was certain Croatia would win peeps here began to show face. Lmao. Chai!

If Kane had doubled the lead when he was faced to faced with the goalkeeper or if he had passed and Raheem had scored after he missed the second chance, I don't think Croatia will be able to win the match.

Even Lingard had the chance after Dele fred him but he blew it away.

At that point, I told people around me that these chances England wasted will come back to hunt them and it did.

Truth be told, Kane failed them yesterday. Three glaring chances were blew away by him.

Now, peeps here are saying England had a free rid. Free indeed!

Should we also say Croatia also had a free ride because they played against Argentina, Nigeria, Iceland, Denmark and Russia? grin

Can we say Belgium, Tunisia, Colombia, and Sweden are weaklings? Hahahahahaha!

Have we forgotten Colombia and Sweden topped their groups ahead of Poland, Germany, Mexico, Senegal, South Korea and Japan? shocked shocked shocked

There's nothing like luck here. They deserved to be where they are now. Fact.

Only France played bigger teams, Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium. GBAM

Besides, I was happy Croatia beat Russia else people here go tell us how Egypt had a tougher group than us. grin

I also thank God Croatia beat England because those boys we dey chase go see say we played against stronger teams wey dem no fit beat and dem no go fit dey raise shoulder for us. grin

Croatia wey created only one chance against us.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by johnsonjrule: 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
Just a concerned soccer fan bro. Nigeria should play better football.
krattoss:
Nigeria isn't France and In no way can play like france
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
komekn:

After the second half England froze became they complacent. They had Croatia on the ropes in the first half. Then they lost composure focus and resorted to historical tendencies KICK and RUSH.

Southgate had the opportunity to reinvigorate the team with the right substitutions but he chose safety and conservatism instead.

Rohr's younger brother

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
komekn:

because of people like you and the entire English press that revels in glorifying everything done in England.

Thank God dem no win, you would have riddled this thread with tales of the greatness of the English team. At least, we will hear word on this thread grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Haha!! The EPL we brigade strikes again grin grin

Omo, please could you kindly tell us whether you've got any shares in the Manchester City's stock? Pray, do tell angry sad shocked

O pari

TheGoodJoe:

Keep in mind we have Sane (EPL best young player), Aguero, Gabriel Jesus and Bernardo Silva. That is a tough one for Mbappe to have an easy ride.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
forgiveness:
I came here yesterday to read comments after I heard England was leading with a goal and continued to check after England dominated Croatia and lost the chances to increase the lead to 2 or 3 nut within 35 minutes, but nobody made one comment. It was until after it was certain Croatia would win peeps here began to show face. Lmao. Chai!

If Kane had doubled the lead when he was faced to faced with the goalkeeper or if he had passed and Raheem had scored after he missed the second chance, I don't think Croatia will be able to win the match.

Even Lingard had the chance after Dele fred him but he blew it away.

At that point, I told people around me that these chances England wasted will come back to hunt them and it did.

Truth be told, Kane failed them yesterday. Three glaring chances were blew away by him.

Now, peeps here are saying England had a free rid. Free indeed!

Should we also say Croatia also had a free ride because they played against Argentina, Nigeria, Iceland, Denmark and Russia? grin

Can we say Belgium, Tunisia, Colombia, and Sweden are weaklings? Hahahahahaha!

Have we forgotten Colombia and Sweden topped their groups ahead of Poland, Germany, Mexico, Senegal, South Korea and Japan? shocked shocked shocked

There's nothing like luck here. They deserved to be where they are now. Fact.

Only France played bigger teams, Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium. GBAM

Besides, I was happy Croatia beat Russia else people here go tell us how Egypt had a tougher group than us. grin

I also thank God Croatia beat England because those boys we dey chase go see say we played against stronger teams wey dem no fit beat and dem no go fit dey raise shoulder for us. grin

Croatia wey created only one chance against us.

One will expect England to beat Tunisia, Panama, Colombia without James Rodriguez and an over achieving Sweden whose fairy tale run from the qualifiers had ran its course.
They came up short when they faced proper contenders Belgium and Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
AIG07:
agility coupled with tenacity. How can the players get these? By playing constantly.
True that! They have to develop these acts and stop resting on their oars
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
Icon79:
Haha!! The EPL we brigade strikes again grin grin

Omo, please could you kindly tell us whether you've got any shares in the Manchester City's stock? Pray, do tell angry sad shocked

O pari

Just a very passionate fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
ChrisKels:
Gent and Nac Breda want Chidi Nwakali on a permanent deal from Mancity

Hope it sails through. Man City held the young man for too long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4399) (4400) (4401) (4402) (4403) (4404) (4405) ... (16355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), lovewins, MetalJigsaw(m), Nomyth, elyte89, Pidginwhisper, BankyGee(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.