Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,464 members, 7,833,585 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11772520 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4407) (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) ... (16191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
goldfish80:

He's the assistant coach of England U21s. Ethiopia played quality football when he managed them.
I think Paul have come 2nd in the league and Warri Wolves became feared in the league when he handled them.

Why did he leave Ethiopia then? I like this kind of coaches.

Hmmm! Then Aigbogun must be a good coach then but where people here against his appointment as U20 coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ndidi Enters Arsenal’s Radar

By Editor - July 14, 2018

Leicester City of England midfielder, Wilfred Onyinyen Ndidi could become the next Nigerian player to start for Arsenal of England, as The Gunners are said to be in the hunt for his signature.

Following two sterling seasons with The Foxes, Ndidi has caught rapt attention from far and wide, with latest hints now emerging that he could be on the way to joining fellow-Super Eagles star, lex Iwobi at Emirates Stadium this summer.

The Arsenal link comes at a point Ndidi has not been included in the equation at Leicester, who are reportedly ready to hand Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire new contracts.

Without any mention of reward for Ndidi’s superlative form, The Foxes will offer new big money deals to World Cup stars Maguire and Vardy when they return from Russia.

The England pair are due back next week and Foxes bosses are keen to keep hold of both players.

Leicester want to put Maguire on around £80,000-a-week and Vardy on £120,000 a week as boss Claude Puel aims to strengthen his squad after Riyad Mahrez’s £60million move to Manchester City.

Manchester United are the latest club to show an interest in defender Maguire, who has starred at the World Cup under Gareth Southgate.

However, a top official at King Poweer Stadium insists Ndidi has not been left out of the picture, with a declaration that Leicester are set to try and secure the youngster’s long-term future by rewarding him with a pay rise.

Leicester will be buoyed by Ndidi’s comments that he is happy with where he is and denied that he is contemplating a move elsewhere.

“A transfer has never been on my mind, I feel very good at Leicester,” said Ndidi, whose 15 tackles during the Super Eagles’ three matches at Russia 2018 World Cup are still the joint-second overall at the tournament.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/946238481?-21310:8643

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
komekn:

According to your reasoning and the principal word, INVOLVED with equates to being employed and or an official member of staff contracted or otherwise with the NFF.

So because I have had involvement with the Nigeria police. I am now a policeman according to you. Chei see reasoning. Or are you doing comedy, so people can laugh �.

Add to the fact in the post I clearly slate the NFF officials for corruption, favoritism, unwholesome practices, etc. So I would effectively be castigating myself if I was part of the NFF. Does that make any kind of sense to you.

You said I CLAIMED to be part of the NFF. That's the central deduction made by you, that this entire discourse rests on.

I don't know how you reason It is not implied or even suggested.

So plucked your deduction from your brain, cause it was certainly not here.

Instead of you to quietly carry yourself go, hide your head . You deh make noise, if you no shame,I shame for you.

Eéeeeeee be like say school no deh your village, because u deh do like person were tink say, na only him go school.

Chei bro, go hide the shame too much.

Lol man u asked for references and I provided u with that. U couldnt deal with it, hence, u resorted to talking crap.

Dont come here next time claiming u were involved with any recruitment because the NFF never had u officially for that. U alone know who contracted u for whatever reason, so stop saying u left because the NFF was Corrupt. They dont know u exist and they dont know u were once involved in ur dreams too grin

U have been made
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
Who will now will the Balon d'Or as Messi and ororo now go anywhere for this tourney. besides based on UCL and Europa cups, Modric and Griezmann have a bigger slot than these two footballing constants.

I pick Griezmann first sha, then Modric.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ndidi to Arsenal, abeg hope na better cash o?

He left at group start yet his tackles record is still 3rd ranked at this world cup.

he should forget Leicester like mahrez too and move on. Moses should get ready to find game time in Spain to me. Enough of Chelsea blue jare. But if Hazard goes to Madrid Ehen. he can be drafted for the meanwhile. Willian wana leave too I hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2018
daveP:
Ndidi to Arsenal , abeg hope na better cash o?

He left at group start yet his tackles record is still 3rd ranked at this world cup.

he should forget Leicester like mahrez too and move on. Moses should get ready to find game time in Spain to me. Enough of Chelsea blue jare. But if Hazard goes to Madrid Ehen. he can be drafted for the meanwhile. Willian wana leave too I hear.
Can't believe you fell for that. Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Why did he leave Ethiopia then? I like this kind of coaches.

Hmmm! Then Aigbogun must be a good coach then but where people here against his appointment as U20 coach?
I don't know why he left Ethiopia. I watched his Ethiopian side make the finals of one of those Cosafa championships playing very good football.

I don't know why people criticized his appointment. Could be out of ignorance or disdain for anything Npfl, probably thinking he was the average Naija local coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2018
daveP:
Who will now will the Balon d'Or as Messi and ororo now go anywhere for this tourney. besides based on UCL and Europa cups, Modric and Griezmann have a bigger slot than these two footballing constants.

I pick Griezmann first sha, then Modric.

Griezman will not make top 3,balon d or belongs to Ronaldo or Modric,you heard it here first,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol man u asked for references and I provided u with that. U couldnt deal with it, hence, u resorted to talking crap.

Dont come here next time claiming u were involved with any recruitment because the NFF never had u officially for that. U alone know who contracted u for whatever reason, so stop saying u left because the NFF was Corrupt. They dont know u exist and they dont know u were once involved in ur dreams too grin

U have been made

Shameless bad belle man your prejudice has befuddled your reasoning.

You are now once again attempting not just to change
the goalposts but turn English to Chinese.

This your comedy is disgraceful.

Please don't muddy the waters misrepresent and or mislead, with blatant untruths.

Show where I CLAIMED to be part of the NFF You have comprehensively failed to do that.

Bruv have some shame please and be forever quite.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
forgiveness:
I still don't understand why Ndidi is not in a big club in EPL. He's that good. The only thing lack in his game is goal, assist and the ability to give a pig point pass with long balls. Once these are resolved, Ndidi should be in a top club in EPL. Tottenham would have been a perfect starting point.

I hope this article will make sense to Tottenham and Arsenal.

Forrget Dembele – Levy must get his hands on Nigerian who could be the ultimate long-term investment for Tottenham

by Rohan Sengupta

Why Tottenham must replace Mousa Dembele with Wilfred Ndidi

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele is open to the prospect of leaving the club to play in the MLS, China or even Bangladesh, according to reports.

The Belgian midfielder will turn 31 this month and has just a year left on his Tottenham contract. Dembele, who signed from Fulham in 2012, has spent eight seasons in English football. However, he wants to quit Spurs in search of a new challenge, reportedly in China or Italy.

Dembele has been struggling with minor injuries that have hampered his progress at Spurs in the last couple of seasons. The Belgian endured another injury-hit campaign with the north Londoners the last term. Despite returning to fitness, he never looked like the midfielder he once used to be.

And the 30-year-old’s display for Belgium against France in the World Cup semi-finals has not done any favours. Dembele looked sluggish throughout the game and simply failed to find his rhythm. He was no match for the likes of N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba, and was hauled off the pitch by Belgium coach Roberto Martinez.

Mousa Dembele
Hence, it is safe to suggest that Mauricio Pochettino must sell the midfielder this summer. It is the right time for Tottenham to let Dembele leave but finding his replacement would be a tough ask. That said, should Tottenham go for Leicester City’s Wilfred Ndidi?

Leicester City signed Ndidi from KRC Genk in January 2017 and the Nigerian powerhouse has grown leaps and bounds in the Premier League. He has enjoyed two quality seasons at King Power Stadium that has seen him enhance his reputation as one of the top-flight’s most exciting young midfielders.

Leicester City
Wilfried Ndidi
An ever-present figure in the Leicester side that finished 9th last term, Ndidi is a solid midfielder with a sublime range of passing and crossing abilities. He is a solid ball-winner and also possesses balance and guile.

He is a top-tackler and his physicality allows him to push opponents off the ball and win aerial duels with considerable ease. The Nigeria international can make box-to-box runs and play long balls, while also packing a powerful shot.

Ndidi has proven to be a strong defensive presence for Leicester and is highly competent in the air, which is an area Tottenham must improve. The Lagos-born midfielder has also already racked up 19 caps for Nigeria at the age of 21, enjoying an impressive World Cup campaign as well.

Read more: 3 top class replacements for Sissoko who Tottenham should look to sign including French powerhouse

There is absolutely no questioning Dembele’s talent or his value to Tottenham but the Belgian is done and dusted in north London. To that end, Ndidi could be an excellent option to replace Dembele. The Nigerian is good at what he does, making him the ultimate long-term investment for Tottenham.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/946182322?-21310:8643:3

Ndidi is just in 1 and half season in the Epl,I know you are trying to diss him because anybody that's is not Yoruba player you are always negative

As good as mahrez he spend 3 seasons at mancity before making a big move

So calm down okay.

And for your information Wilfred Ndidi is worth 60 million euros i hope you are not having slepless night over that.

A defensive midfielder doesn't need assist Mr man,I wonder how you watch your football,in 3 seasons at England ngolo Kante got only 6 assists and 3 goals while Wilfred Ndidi in 1 and half seasons got only 5 assist and 2 goals.

Over and out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
elyte89:

So chairman, na you create dis thread, make us fight,argue, abuse,deceive each oda ontop one yeye team from page 0-4400+pages

Boss,give us ur address, make boiz arrange beaten for u angry grin grin

Any time you are in Makurdi. Just hala me. I will direct you to the location to come beat me. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2018
ORJI Okonkwo did not really click in Serie B with Brescia while he played better in Serie A for Bolonyaa grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
Mauritania u20 1-1 Nigeria u20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
forgiveness:

So Aigbogun na Britiko. Make em convince dem ooooooo. He should remember Deji Beyreuther too.

Sir BascoVanVeli, what has this man achieved in his coaching career?

Well if by archived you mean trophies then no comment. But he does set up his teams really well and you can tell he knows what he is doing. Plus he has international experience also coaching Chippa United. He did a great job with Warri but they were always a nearly team. He didn't do too well with Enyimba a couple years back but the team was playing in Port Harcourt then and that can be depressing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
komekn:

Shameless bad belle man your prejudice has befuddled your reasoning.

You are now once again attempting not just to change
the goalposts but turn English to Chinese.

This your comedy is disgraceful.

Please don't muddy the waters misrepresent and or mislead, with blatant untruths.

Show where I CLAIMED to be part of the NFF You have comprehensively failed to do that.

Bruv have some shame please and be forever quite.

U asked me to show where u claimed to be involved with recruitment drive, I did. But u made lame excuse that ur involvement wasnt official, now u have shifted to "show me where I claimed to be part of NFF" as if I ever said u claimed to be a member of NFF. hahahaha. Dude forget it, u aint smart.

Now u have resorted to gutter language because u have got nothing else to hold on to.

Like I said earlier, u have been made. Deal with it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2018
Fair play to Courtois for issuing an apology to the French team.
He had been very critical of the way France won v Belgium to which Griezmann replied that the Belgian keeper won a title with Atletico with that style and that Chelsea ain’t exactly Barça either.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
What has Adepoju achieved in his coaching career? You guys have been complaining that NFF is not doing enough to woo Anglo-Nigerian players. This man is doing just that, he has the credentials talking of UEFA liscence and has handled clubsides in Nigeria. Forgiveness you and komekn should be excit d at this. It’s unfortunate this is coming from u.

forgiveness:

So Aigbogun na Britiko. Make em convince dem ooooooo. He should remember Deji Beyreuther too.

Sir BascoVanVeli, what has this man achieved in his coaching career?

Aigbogun Follows Rohr’s Diaspora Recruitment Style

By Editor - July 14, 2018

Youth national team, Flying Eagles head coach, Paul Aigbogun has taken a leaf from the style of Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr, in calling up players of Nigerian origin who were born abroad.

With Rohr having made a success of such recruitments with Tyronne Ebuehi, Bryan Idowu and Ola Aina, after consolidating on the earlier arrivals of Carl Onuoha Ikeme, Leon Aderemi Balogun and William Troost-Ekong, Aigbogun is now following suit with the under-20 squad.

Aigbogun confirmed as much, as he disclosed that he recently held talks with players of Nigerian descent when he visited England last month and urged them to switch their national team allegiances.

The Enyimba of Aba coach, who disclosed that he was in England to renew his papers as a British citizen, said he met with some youth team players of various top clubs, who are eligible to feature for his side.

Aigbogun, who is in Mauritania for the first leg tie of the 2019 African U-20 Nations Cup final round of qualifiers, said positive talks were held with players of Nigerian descent while he was in England.

He recounted: “I met a couple of players who are eligible for England and also Nigeria. They are within the age limit require for my team and we had positive talks about a switch of allegiance to Nigeria.

“They are willing to play for Nigeria and some of them would have been in my squad for the Mauritania game but it’s pre-season time and most of them will be involved with the first team.

“Aside playing for the youth teams of top clubs in England, they have what we think we lack at that moment in the team but that doesn’t mean an automatic shirt for them. They have to come here and slug it out with the lads we have in camp.”

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/946237783?-21310:8643:3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
Landing barely 24 hrs to kick off, it was a hard fought 1-1 draw for our Flying Eagles.

We finish the Job at home.

The team can only get better.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
Joebie:
What has Adepoju achieved in his coaching career? You guys have been complaining that NFF is not doing enough to woo Anglo-Nigerian players. This man is doing just that, he has the credentials talking of UEFA liscence and has handled clubsides in Nigeria. Forgiveness you and komekn should be excit d at this. It’s unfortunate this is coming from u.

It was an honest question he is trying to know more about the coach. Wetin bring head master into this talk sef?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
18 year old center back, Shawn Adewoye of Genk in Belgium.. Potentially, one for the future.

Remember Shawn Adewoye?? I posted about him a while back..

He made his debut for Genk today.. One to keep an eye on..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
My bad!

BascoVanVeli:

It was an honest question he is trying to know more about the coach. Wetin bring head master into this talk sef?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:00am On Jul 15, 2018
Aigbogun has a lot of players to work with.

tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 12:39am On Jul 15, 2018
Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee scored yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2018
So just like that the world cup is going to end today embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2018
andrew444:

Ndidi is just in 1 and half season in the Epl,I know you are trying to diss him because anybody that's is not Yoruba player you are always negative

As good as mahrez he spend 3 seasons at mancity before making a big move

So calm down okay.

And for your information Wilfred Ndidi is worth 60 million euros i hope you are not having slepless night over that.

A defensive midfielder doesn't need assist Mr man,I wonder how you watch your football,in 3 seasons at England ngolo Kante got only 6 assists and 3 goals while Wilfred Ndidi in 1 and half seasons got only 5 assist and 2 goals.

Over and out
Andrew did you really read forgiveness post very well cos there is nothing like dissing or tribal sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:00am On Jul 15, 2018
andrew444:

Griezman will not make top 3,balon d or belongs to Ronaldo or Modric,you heard it here first,

Any reason why he won't?

Cos if Neymar reaches top 15, then Griezmann has all in his favor to be in the top 3 cos he won Europa and now may win the WC!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:03am On Jul 15, 2018
goldfish80:

Can't believe you fell for that. Lol
Not that I actually believed it, but I love such news. LCFC don't deserve such a player.

I'm sure if we qualified for R16, And lost to France yet, his tackles and interceptions stats wouldn't not be beaten till the end if the WC. I strongly believe that. now that's someone we can tag world class.

I'd love such a news sha. Every rumor has an iota of truth in it na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2018
andrew444:

Modric? He won’t even win d Golden ball. Show me is World Cup stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2018
AIG07:
Hello folks.

Got questions for you guys.

I hope you all remember the Croats second striker Kalinic who refused to be subbed in, in the latter stage of their first group game against Nigeria at this Year's World Cup. It was reported that the coach sent him home for his indiscipline.

Back to the questions. If Croatia goes on to win the world cup, will Kalinic receive a medal been that he was registered for the tournament prior to the time he was sent home by his coach? Will he be treated as a player who got an injury that ruled him out for the rest of the tournament in the first match?

etc
Oh, why not.... He was part of the 23 submitted to FIFA.

Even the extra gks that don't kick a ball get a medal. that's the way he'd be treated. He's part of them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2018
tbaba1234:

He already is a Belgian youth international, I would av been rooting for him for our U20s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Actually it was 3 penalties. PK's can and have been missed even in this tournament. If they go that route football will turn into gymnastics and the goals will be rated on a point system.
4 penalties, a tap in and a deflected goal. For a top scorer? What a joke!

www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018/6628154/golden-boot-harry-kane/amp/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:52am On Jul 15, 2018
daveP:
Not that I actually believed it, but I love such news. LCFC don't deserve such a player.

I'm sure if we qualified for R16, And lost to France yet, his tackles and interceptions stats wouldn't not be beaten till the end if the WC. I strongly believe that. now that's someone we can tag world class.

I'd love such a news sha. Every rumor has an iota of truth in it na.
Arsenal have signed a Uruguayan and French DM. You think they still looking at adding another, moreso Ndidi? Lol
I repeat, tackling alone won't get the big clubs rushing to sign you. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man utd and Arsenal have already signed DMs outside England without as much as putting in a bid for Ndidi who is the top tackler in the EPL.
This should tell you the direction these clubs are looking at.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4407) (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) ... (16191) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.